Connect with us

Scoop

“I know God sent His angels” – Omoni Oboli after Fire Outbreak in her Home

BellaNaija.com

Published

 on

"I know God sent His angels" - Omoni Oboli survives Fire Outbreak - BellaNaija

Nollywood actress Omoni Oboli on her Instagram revealed that she escaped what could have been a fatal incident after a fire outbreak in her home.

Oboli’s air conditioning unit had caught fire, and it quickly spread to other parts of her room.

She shared a video of the aftermath of the fire, writing:

This God is too good! Magnify the Lord with me my people! Still shook but I’m constantly in awe of my King! God loves me. Nobody can tell me otherwise!

Since after the series of incidences that happened earlier in the year, I sometimes have panic attacks so my darling ever dependable @tomesadeoye abandoned her room and has been sleeping in mine. I’ve been nursing a very bad cold for days so I took night nurse to enable sleep.

Power went off at some point in the night and Tomi who usually can sleep in heat, got uncomfortable and couldn’t sleep. I on the other hand didn’t notice because I was in a drug induced sleep.

Around 5am, power came back on and Tomi happily fell asleep. She hadn’t slept for long when she started perceiving something, she opened her eyes to see the AC engulfed in flames. She screamed at me to wake up. I saw the flames and screamed ‘The blood of Jesus’. Ran into the bathroom to get water but I didn’t think I was fast enough, so I abandoned it cos I realized the AC is right by the door and if it gets any worse, I wouldn’t be able to leave the room.

I told Tomi to call the editor (I have an editing suite in my home and we are editing WOS so the editor moved in) she screamed his name and he came rushing upstairs. We all ran downstairs to get the fire extinguisher, couldn’t operate it and proceeded to turn off electricity from the circuit breaker. Tomi went back up and screamed that the fire was a lot worse.

Idris (the editor) and Paul (my gateman) started carrying buckets of water and soap upstairs. By this time, they couldn’t even get into the room because the fire was too much. They started pouring water from the door.

I want to say that we definitely had angelic assistance because in less than 10 mins, they put out an electrical fire with water and soap! I know God sent His angels ?? ?

God has been too good to me this year! I’m so unworthy of His grace upon my life. I’m so unfaithful yet He remains faithful! I bow before your majesty my Father. All that I am, all I will ever be, I give to you Lord. Thank God for our lives. If we had woken up just 3 minutes after we did, we would not have been able to leave the room. #ChildOfGrace #GodIsGood

See the video below:

View this post on Instagram

This God is too good! Magnify the Lord with me my people! Still shook but I'm constantly in awe of my King! God loves me. Nobody can tell me otherwise! Since after the series of incidences that happened earlier in the year, I sometimes have panic attacks so my darling ever dependable @tomesadeoye abandoned her room and has been sleeping in mine. I've been nursing a very bad cold for days so I took night nurse to enable sleep. Power went off at some point in the night and Tomi who usually can sleep in heat, got uncomfortable and couldn't sleep. I on the other hand didn't notice because I was in a drug induced sleep. Around 5am, power came back on and Tomi happily fell asleep. She hadn't slept for long when she started perceiving something, she opened her eyes to see the AC engulfed in flames. She screamed at me to wake up. I saw the flames and screamed 'The blood of Jesus'. Ran into the bathroom to get water but I didn't think I was fast enough, so I abandoned it cos I realized the AC is right by the door and if it gets any worse, I wouldn't be able to leave the room. I told Tomi to call the editor (I have an editing suite in my home and we are editing WOS so the editor moved in) she screamed his name and he came rushing upstairs. We all ran downstairs to get the fire extinguisher, couldn't operate it and proceeded to turn off electricity from the circuit breaker. Tomi went back up and screamed that the fire was a lot worse. Idris (the editor) and Paul (my gateman) started carrying buckets of water and soap upstairs. By this time, they couldn't even get into the room because the fire was too much. They started pouring water from the door. I want to say that we definitely had angelic assistance because in less than 10 mins, they put out an electrical fire with water and soap! I know God sent His angels ?? ?God has been too good to me this year! I'm so unworthy of His grace upon my life. I'm so unfaithful yet He remains faithful! I bow before your majesty my Father. All that I am, all I will ever be, I give to you Lord. Thank God for our lives. If we had woken up just 3 minutes after we did, we would not have been able to leave the room. #ChildOfGrace #GodIsGood

A post shared by Omoni Oboli (@omonioboli) on

20 Comments

  1. MercyI

    October 27, 2017 at 3:37 pm

    Chai!!!! Very Sorry, All Thanks To God Alone #ChildOfGrace #GodIsGood #OmoniOboli Better Dayz And Good Things To Come (Ahead)

  2. She

    October 27, 2017 at 3:48 pm

    Please, where were your husband and kids in all of this?

    • Anon

      October 27, 2017 at 5:17 pm

      They all live in Canada. When she’s not there, she’s working.

  3. Biker Chic

    October 27, 2017 at 3:50 pm

    Sorry. But this story get as e be. Why is a friend sleeping in your bed? Where is Oga in all of these? Fire is bad sorry again.

  4. o

    October 27, 2017 at 4:02 pm

    It’s not enough to have an extinguisher. You have to know how to operate it. 4 adults and none could use it? Thank God for containing it these ACs of nowadays sef

    • Fried Pant

      October 28, 2017 at 2:03 pm

      See eh!
      I was in a similar situation recently, and realized that the quality of fire extinguishers in circulation is questionable, and needs to be regulated by the appropriate authorities in Lagos.
      I had one big ass fire extinguisher and another smaller one in my car. Behold! tha big one got jammed and the smaller one saved the day.
      I thank God for his grace.

  5. Mamamia

    October 27, 2017 at 4:05 pm

    Her husband is out of the country with her kids, while she works to put food on the table. But that is besides the point, I really want to know the sort of ACs that are being sold today. Most houses engulfed in flames are usually traced to the AC circuit, do we do checks on the ACs imported into the country or is this just an issue of the effects of our crawling power supply?

    • Udegbunam Chukwudi

      October 27, 2017 at 4:22 pm

      Gbam! I was about to ask the same thing. E reach to find out which brand of AC dey catch fire like this anyhow

  6. Tutu

    October 27, 2017 at 4:11 pm

    This has happened to me before. Thank God it was in the evening and we knew how to operate the fire extinguisher. Same thing happened to Banky W. Please what causes it?

  7. Billionaire in grace

    October 27, 2017 at 4:30 pm

    First banky W second Ubi Franklin now Omoni oboli and also Tutu comment…..the Nigerian government needs to investigate on this issue and find out what is causing this fire on those AC

  8. onetallgirl

    October 27, 2017 at 4:32 pm

    Thank God everybody is safe and no lives were lost!! Omoni has been through so much lately, with the dead of her father and now this house fire. God is your strength Omoni!!

  9. abby

    October 27, 2017 at 4:54 pm

    These darn ACs again?!

  10. OLa

    October 27, 2017 at 7:16 pm

    Remember this to operate your fire extinguishers
    Remember the word
    PASS
    P-pull the pin at the top so that you can squeeze the liver
    A-AIm at the base of the fire
    S- squeeze the live
    S- sweep From side to side
    Also pls let us go on U tube to learn to the operate an extinguisher.

  11. Anon

    October 27, 2017 at 9:17 pm

    Most AC fires are caused by poor installation i.e wrong cable(wire) rating, poor cable joints with tapes instead of connectors and not the units itself. You can save your assets by carrying out a period electrical audit or ensure you use a trained installer.

  12. Summer

    October 27, 2017 at 9:46 pm

    Thank God for life. Same thing happened to my family in Ghana 3 years ago. They had just returned from church, only for someone to discover fire in a room, traced to the AC. Good thing the son knew how to operate the extinguisher and his school had conducted fire response programs.

  13. Temi Tope

    October 28, 2017 at 5:16 am

    MY GOD!!so sorry Omoni…
    But praise the Lord! So what is wrong with Naija AC?? This also happens very often. Also people always have at least two fire extinguishers if you live in a big home.

    may the Lord assist you Omoni

  14. Temi Tope

    October 28, 2017 at 5:20 am

    STOP BUYING MADE IN CHINA!!!!

    THEY WILL KILL US OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    SORRY AGAIN OMONI

  15. Nikki

    October 28, 2017 at 12:23 pm

    This God is too Good ooo…..Thank God for this great deliverance

  16. Tony's wife

    October 28, 2017 at 5:32 pm

    It is time to stop schtoopin other people’s husband for money and fame. These wives have become prayer warriors on top your matter.

    • Jones

      October 28, 2017 at 10:30 pm

      Gbam !

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Cabo Verde Airlines launches Flights to Beautiful Visa-Free Cape Verde

Star Features

Advertisement
css.php