Music

One Named Peter! Mr P opens up on P-Square’s Break Up as he covers Vibe.ng Magazine

BellaNaija.com

One Named Peter! - Mr P opens up on P-Square's Break Up as he covers Vibe.ng - BellaNaija

“One thing I will never do when I come back to this life again is mix family with business,” Peter Okoye, now known as Mr P, says as he discusses the break up of P-Square with Vibe.ng.

Peter and Paul Okoye have for over a decade been rocking our airwaves, gathering awards, as the hit group P-Square.

But trouble soon hit, with one fight reported after the other.

Finally, in 2017, the brothers decided to go their separate ways, each making his own music.

Mr P, who covers the most recent issue of Vibe.ng magazine, discusses both the past and his plans for the future.

“It has been fun till like probably late 2013,” Peter began. “30 children cannot continue to play together for 30 years. We are at a point where we no longer have respect for each other. It is not ego or pride; it’s respect… Respect as an individual, and as family. This is the best solution we could come to.”

Peter says he feels it was respect that made the group last as long as it did, not brotherhood adding that that respect is gone.

Peter, though, doesn’t want fans to be sad about their separation. “Change is constant,” he said.

To the fans, we’re sorry. You don’t want to see P-Square on stage when they just fought back stage; pleasing you guys when we are not happy. I’ve tried many times to make it work but it did not work… I just had to give up for the sake of the respect of our individual families.

“We gave you guys P-Square even though the family had been fighting for about four years-even as of last year that we claimed we were back,” he continued. He, too, isn’t sure what exactly is wrong, he said. But whatever it is, it isn’t healthy. He said:

We are not okay. It’s not healthy. I don’t have any problem with their own family. The wives, everybody. I am cool with them. I don’t know what’s wrong. I don’t know why it looks as if the hatred is on my family. I’ve tried to ask them what the problem is but nobody is telling me anything.

It’s like saying Mr Charles and Mr James are business partners and they own a beverage factory together. Mr Charles and his partner work together but Mr Charles doesn’t like his partner’s family. All the time, he insults the family. All the time, he says s*** about the family. All the time he doesn’t attend the family’s functions. Do you expect two of them to still be working together? Be honest with yourself.

Peter also addresses the constant criticism from fans who ask him not to air his differences with his brothers on social media. he said:

The reason why I started responding to social media is because there was something that came out one time. I was advised “Peter do not say anything” but it’s affecting me today. When my brother put out that he sings and writes all the songs. I never responded but right now, there are 50% of our fans and some groups that believe Peter doesn’t sing. All because I wanted peace. But now if you say anything about me, I will respond. I don’t respond harshly if you’ve noticed. I’m not like last year.  I decided to calm down because my family is more important here. I cannot trade my family. If you do not like it, don’t be my fan.  If you do not like the fact that I am standing for my family, then you should not be my fan and I am serious about it. My brother is my twin, fine, but you keep asking me blood is thicker than water. Obviously you think Paul is my blood and my family is the water? You guys better be out of your minds.

Read the full interview HERE.

Photo Credit: vibe.ng

1. DjMims

October 26, 2017 at 11:01 am

Wow! I’m still surprised. Are you sure there is no more P square??

2. Bennie

October 26, 2017 at 11:04 am

Hmmmmmmm, God go help this family o, amen. I believe it can be settled but they really do not have to work together if they are not happy, it doesn’t make sense

3. jumbo

October 26, 2017 at 11:08 am

A little bird told me your wife is the problem.

• Olanma

October 26, 2017 at 12:08 pm

You and the little bird are stupid. Out of all the wives why is she the problem? She is the cause of grown men acting like toddlers? She wasn’t the problem when she was assisting Jude to fund them when they were NOTHING. What amazes me if that part of the people blame Lola aren’t just Igbo people (I’m Igbo) but also women! It’s sad.

• Peace

October 26, 2017 at 1:42 pm

@Olamma,
      Lola is not the problem, at least based on what is out there for all to see. So it’s unfair to say she is the problem when one doesn’t know.
      It’s equally an outrageous fallacy to say Lola funded or assisted Psquare or Jude. That’s a big lie. She never did.

• Nma

October 26, 2017 at 4:34 pm

Peace,
      Can you read? I didn’t say Lola is the problem; I am on her side!

• Nma

October 26, 2017 at 4:35 pm

Oh you’re talking to the other person, I thought you were referring to me and supporting this ignoramus; Nene.

• Quisse

October 27, 2017 at 5:55 pm

Peace, “that’s a lie she never did”. Please shut your mouth. I remember I read in an interview years ago before Peter and Paul even got married to their wives, they both said that Lola used to help them financially. They even said that the day one of their roommates in their one room accommodation brought Lola to where he used to live, Peter almost fainted cause he was embarrassed. But Lola didn’t mind. But here you are saying nonsense like you’re their PA.

4. Bonna Etim

October 26, 2017 at 11:09 am

Love is ticker than blood

5. Misi

October 26, 2017 at 11:14 am

He definitely has a point. Fight for ur family o Jare. I definitely admire ur courage. Trying to walk alone is scary but sometimes it’s d best u can do for urself

6. Love

October 26, 2017 at 11:15 am

I kinda love the last line tho …..you guys think Paul is my blood and my family is the water?????? my belle oo

7. nene+

October 26, 2017 at 11:24 am

hahaha a little bird indeed. I just chuckled.
    I am now 100% it is your wife. Sad tho…..

• Susan

October 26, 2017 at 12:10 pm

You always talk nonsense so I’m not even surprised by your mindless comment.

• nene+

October 26, 2017 at 12:16 pm

@Susan not exactly what you have interpreted. ;Let me explain its either they hated her or she hated them. I haven’t really exonerated any one.

Its their business……susan please chill…….

• Anon

October 26, 2017 at 12:33 pm

nene+ – that’s hypocritical of you. Are you not the one who’s always begging people here to stay married? Also, begging those that have left to go back to their spouses? Why are you double speaking here?

Where did you get your 100% from? Do you live with them?

“One thing I will never do when I come back to this life again is mix family with business,” Correct.

• Sami

October 26, 2017 at 2:27 pm

Nene can always be counted on to say something incredibly stupid. Sometimes I think she’s 8

8. Seriously

October 26, 2017 at 11:26 am

It’s okay to expand on your talent and explore outside of your horizon. Life is growth. But their problem is more of personal issues. I may be wrong but Nigerian families, choose not to like a wife for no reason. And if there’s a reason it’s all pettiness. She’s not from the same tribe , she doesn’t cook when we visit, she’s evil all sort of nonsense.
    When you are in a group, team each person wants acknowledgment. I see how that can cause problem if one decides to take all the credit and feel like they do more than the other.
    Well, we get to see what Mr P can do now. Kudos to him for fighting and standing for his wife and children

• nene+

October 26, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Thank anony i love peace and unity in marriages. It was an incomplete comment. no vex dearie. I already did a rejoinder…….

9. mama zee

October 26, 2017 at 11:38 am

lets leave it here abeg,family could be anyone.wanting to know if its wife or child is asking for too much. every family has their feud!

10. john

October 26, 2017 at 11:38 am

Mrs Peter Omotala ……we don hear……one day that 7up green bottle that lola put ur brain inside will break and u will be free..hope it is not too late by then

• Belema

October 26, 2017 at 12:13 pm

???!!!!!
      By standing up for his wife and kids; he is Mrs. Peter?!
      You are immensely idiotic. I don’t understand, what do you guys expect him to do?! The foolishness I’ve read concerning this issue since the start is mind-blowing.

Peter; here’s wishing you the best. God bless you!

11. Freedom

October 26, 2017 at 11:49 am

I agree with you @seriously. in this part of the world, once the family picks on you for petty reasons, you can never be good in their eye. its Peter’s choice who he decides to marry and that should be respected. this woman has given Peter 2 beautiful children and they are happy, Probably the family wants him to divorce Lola and marry an Igbo lady or a tribe close to them. These are the kind of people who would chase the wife and children away and cease everything once something happens to their brother. God bless you Peter for standing up for your wife and kids. May God be with you and preserve you and your family. I pray God guide me to a loving family..Amen

• nene+

October 26, 2017 at 12:35 pm

I really think differently even tho Susan misinterpreted me earlier.
      On this matter i will blame Peter pretty straight forward.
      If they hate your wife, you caused it…. In families people respect when people who dont appear like you take your wife’s orders. Yes your family is your blood but when you act like your wife manipulates you, you simply attract hatred for your family.. If your wifely has to decide your relationship with your okoyes family then blame yourself not any one else.

• Jay

October 26, 2017 at 12:39 pm

Nene, you are so senseless; it’s scary. Yes, scary.
      If they hate his wife, Peter caused it?! What sort of brain do you have? So when you get married or if you’re married and people hate your husband; it’s your fault? From the start of this Peter+Paul saga, you’ve made no sense, supported Paul, left ridiculously illogical comments. I just can’t. Smh, there are people in this world sha. Kai!

• Olanma

October 26, 2017 at 12:44 pm

“Lola dear just try your best. The Igbo people i know love strangers to pieces when they warm up…”
      Its impossible for even a 2 year old to be this irrational and unwise. Even someone who’s brain is still developing won’t say such. Why must Lola be blamed?! I still don’t get it. And just so you know, I am Igbo and truth be told we are NOT very accommodating to strangers and other tribes. Sometimes even over fellow Igbos who’re from different states, we hardly accommodate them not to talk about a Yoruba woman. F outta here with yor love strangers to pieces bs. As others have told you; you’re chatting bs. Smh. So unreasonable, my goodness. What annoys me the most about this issue is the useless women like yourself that automatically blame Lola. We’re truly our own worst enemy.

• Anon

October 26, 2017 at 12:58 pm

nene+ – you didn’t redeem yourself with this comment of yours.

Manipulates, warm up, wife’s orders, blame Peter, hate – very catty words you have used.

BTW, Bella Naija, in the spirit of you posting trivial things, I wonder why you did not post the drama that ensued some days ago with Ify’s older sister where she told Anita to tag Ify and if not delete her baby’s picture?

12. Nma

October 26, 2017 at 12:22 pm

When people say beware of quiet people, it’s true. Like I don’t understand, let’s assume you don’t like someone for whatever reason, once your brother or sister is sister is married to the person, you have to be mindful of your actions and respect yourself and the person. The same way you respect your family is the same way you should respect another person’s family.
    Do you think Paul will tolerate anyone disrespecting his wife, even Jude? Certainly not. So I don’t understand why you guys think it’s okay for Paul and Jude to constantly disrespect Peter and his family. If Lola was Igbo; many of you won’t say all these nasty and improper things. This is why non-Igbos are always reluctant when their children, particularly their daughters bring in Igbo suitors. It’s okay for Paul to unfollow Lola on Instagram, grant interviews saying Peter doesn’t sing, he only dances; etc, but when it comes to Peter; you guys start saying absolute gibberish. The most ridiculous remarks are the nitwits who say blood is thicker than water; so Peter’s wife and children are water?! Very sad.

• nma teacher

October 26, 2017 at 12:52 pm

No nma Anita is not Ibo. I am not Ibo yet my inlaws dont joke with me. I am actually a yoruba married to Ibo and my mother inlaw takes me like her daughter. May be Lola is rude i dont really know or she is manipulative.

• nene+

October 26, 2017 at 1:04 pm

Its beginning to look like Igbo Yoruba fight and i am out.
      Inlaws are here to canonize Peter and wife and crucify the rest. I understand perfectly.

• FAN

October 26, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Olanma you can communicate without insulting. Bad lies you just told you are not Igbo.

• Getting tired of this feud

October 26, 2017 at 1:59 pm

Pls let’s stop bringing igbo-yoruba matter into this family feud.

This fight is mainly between Peter and Jude. They appear to dislike one another. Remember Jude didn’t attend Peter’s wedding and Peter didn’t attend Jude’s wedding. Paul was neutral for a long time.
      it very obvious that this fight is because of money and control. Peter and Jude are fighting for control of the management of psquare while Paul is the passive one forced to pick a side. For reasons best known to him, he chose Jude. We are only hearing Peter’s side, we have yet to hear from the other two.

also their wives and kids seem to get along.

let’s also leave tribalism out of this.
      In Africa and most parts of the world, most people frown on a relationship where the woman is much older than the man. I think that’s poor Lola’s sin-to fall in love with and marry a much younger man. They feel she will have a lot of influence on the man.
      Let’s leave the woman in peace Biko.

• Ade

October 26, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Nene+ and John are cut from the same cloth. Do not waste your time by responding to her comments.

• Nma

October 26, 2017 at 4:31 pm

Please invest in a brain. That your in-laws do not joke with you doesn’t mean it’s the same for everyone. I am Igbo! I hate dumb comments. So because Lola’s in-laws don’t treat her well means she’s rude? What kind of brains do people have these days? There are a few people who are in inter-tribal marriages and things are okay for them; does it mean it’s the same for everyone? Of course not. Sense fall on you. I have non-Igbo friends; Yoruba, Isan, Urobo, Efik and when they tell me they’ll rather not marry Igbo’s as sometimes we do not accommodate; I get angry inside but I don’t blame them; it’s a fairly accurate comment. Anita isn’t Igbo, I know. But she’s from the South-East. Even some Igbos families will not allow you marry someone that’s not in the same village as them. Your comment about Lola being “rude” is so insensible. Choi!

• Olanma

October 26, 2017 at 4:41 pm

FAN,
      Anuofia. Since I am not Igbo, come and tell me where I’m from. Besides calling you anuofia, please tell me where I was “insulting”? People like John have been chatting gibberish but it’s me that’s insulting? Nzuzu.

• Anon

October 26, 2017 at 8:09 pm

“Anita isn’t Igbo, I know. But she’s from the South-East.“

?

Nma – please explain. Ta.

• Exq

October 26, 2017 at 10:51 pm

At Anon,
      I’m sure Nma meant that if they were going to manage/or accommodate between Lola or Anita, who’re both not Igbo’s, then they’ll rather prefer someone from the south-east, Anita than Lola, south-west; it’s common sense. You don’t need anyone to explain it to you.

13. Nma

October 26, 2017 at 12:27 pm

Bella Naija, you approved my comment and then deleted it cause I said that Peter’s wife and children are also blood? You are a mess! Smh. Goodness.

• Belema

October 26, 2017 at 12:31 pm

Bella Naija are very shameless so I’m not sure why you’re surprised. Since the start, you didn’t need a rocket scientist to let you know they’re taking sides with Paul. You needed to see the nasty comments john made in the last post bashing Yoruba women (offensive and multiple comments), Bella Naija approved them all and even after lots of people called their attention to it; they refused to remove it. They’re an absolutely shameless and ridiculous website and have lost and continue to lose credibility as the days, weeks, months and years goes by.

• Sami

October 26, 2017 at 2:38 pm

They do post comments defending Peter.
      As for John, I think he works for Bellanaija. Bellanaija won’t post harmless comments but will post the hateful, misogynistic things John says? I think he’s employed by BN to make controversial comments so as to enrage readers and create traffic. I am certain that John and Chief are the same : they even use the same words

14. Miss Anoni Moss

October 26, 2017 at 12:30 pm

I think it’s good that Peter is taking a stand for his immediate family, even if his wife is the problem he cannot possibly divorce her for the sake of his brothers, from the look of things they have tried to resolve their differences and it has not worked. I wish you luck, please take care of your wife and kids and maybe later you can try to settle your extended family issues.

15. john

October 26, 2017 at 12:52 pm

@belema go and sit down with that una hypocrisy..yorubas will be the first to attack and throw subtle shades at other tribes but when u attack them , they start forming victim…as if I don’t know the only reason ure supporting peter is bcos of his yoruba wife and nothing else…they way u guys dey bring tribalism in to this psquare matter ..kai….u all forgot that even paul wife “Anita” is not even an igbo wife (is it bcos she is not loud and an attention seeker ) …only jude married an igbo woman…I spit on u people..always bringing tribalism in everything u do and for the last time I am not Igbo but I have dealt with yoruba people all my life and I know how u guys think and behave..I have also dealt with igbo people and those guys have a lot of faults( especially their arrogance and pride) but I will take igbo and hausa people any day ..at least they are more straightforward….if they hate u or love u, they will tell it to ur face..damn the consequences

• Ade

October 26, 2017 at 2:51 pm

You have repeatedly made comments about preferring Igbo or Hausa to Yoruba. You should know that we do not care about such comments from a man that regularly displays timeless stupidity. A man that regularly denigrates women, including his own mum should not be taken seriously. No one forced you to deal with any other tribe than yours. kindly move back to your state/village in order to deal with your own people. Hopefully, they do not share your archaic mindset.

• Belema

October 26, 2017 at 4:49 pm

John, see how foolish you are; I am Kalabari; from Rivers State. How stupid do you feel?! Whether you like or accept it or not, you’re a cretin and you have a problem with Yoruba people. And LOL for taking Hausa’s before Yoruba. Both don’t like you guys anyway, particularly the Hausa’s. There’s even a name they call you guys; can’t remember right now. I am part Hausa from My Mom’s side and before you two can get into marriage together will be world war 3. Stupid tribalist. I repeat, if she was Igbo, Lola wouldn’t be the cause. I remember one of my besties from Awka telling me to avoid going into marriage with Igbos; all cause of this. I abused her then cause I was so naive. Even me that’s from Rivers, I can’t marry Igbos (with all dew respect), your tribalism is on another level. Those that have married Igbos and do not have problems, be thankful. It is vey rare. This Peter and Paul Saga just showed that majority of you are still not accommodating in 2017!!!!!!

• john

October 26, 2017 at 6:45 pm

Lastly I am not igbo but who told you igbo men wants to marry u…u delusional imp….who are u….igbo men that rarely marry outside even their own village will now want to marry a kalabari woman( whatever thatt means)..what an insult..take ur time oo ..I grew up in lagos….my business takes me from lagos to east..thre are 3types of women I noticed igbo men do not play with
      1) igbo women or igbos from rivers or delta
      2)white women or women of other race
      3)calabar/akwaibom women ( where I am from)…. so u better wake up and go and find a kalabari man and marry oo…not tomorrow, u start blaming igbo men for the reason u are still single

• Belema

October 26, 2017 at 7:11 pm

It is your family menebers that are delusional. Did I say you want to marry me or I want to marry you? Psycho!

• john

October 26, 2017 at 7:25 pm

@ade ..I John deginerate my mom in this site ..the apple of my eye..the tonic to my weary eyes…ure not serious..ure now starting to make something up just to win an argument…stop grasping at straws u delusional dimwit….I always find it funny, kinda amusing whenever u fish brains try to psycho-analyse me or insunaiate how my life is outside BN… when I know my life is 100%better than una miserable lives

• john

October 26, 2017 at 7:40 pm

@belami ..now ure getting personal..this my comment pain u oo..if I insult ur family members back…u will be the first to start forming victim again and blaming BN again for allowing my comment…..forgetting ure the one that made it personal and started it….anyway , my advice still stand..go and find ur fellow kalabari man and marry and stop making up igbo men from akwa ..that can only happen in ur dreams…yesterday, u were yoruba..today ure kalabari..I wonder what you will turn to tomorrow

• Exq

October 26, 2017 at 10:45 pm

John, but Ade is right. You’ve made several derogatory comments about women, including your Mom. It’s obvious you have a mental problem.

• Quisse

October 27, 2017 at 12:24 am

“igbo men that rarely marry outside even their own village will now want to marry a kalabari woman”
      Lol, John. Can you see how you’re validating their points about you guys not being accommodating, and at the same time contradicting yourself? It’s a known fact (and you’ve admitted) that even to accommodate an Igbo person from a different village as you is a problem, talk more or less of an outsider. Go and sit down. Mad man!
      Bella Naija, if you like hold my comment. Wawaye mutane.

• john

October 27, 2017 at 7:37 am

@esq I am tired of arguing over thing ure have no proof I did..ure sick in the head for trying to say I insult my mom so as to butress ur point..why should I do that..where ?..how?..u can’t say or proof ..u just make something up and ran with it so as to make u sleep better at night..this how u women kee making ul imaginary stuffs in ur head and causing havoc and confusion everywhere.

@quizos… I am not contradicting myself…that igbo rarely marry outside their tribe doesn’t mean they are not accommodating…it is their choice and preference..it is not by force.. ..why do women of other tribes get angry that igbo men prefer their own women over them( then turrn around and pretend they do not care)…..It is not by force ..go and marry your own men, especially yoruba women that gets mad whenever yoruba man marries an igbo woman but pretends they they do not care while it eats them up inside..is it the fault of an igbo man that even yoruba men run away from yoruba women and prefers igbo woman..just watch any pre wedding picture of a yoruba man and an igbo woman..he is smiling like he has made it..that he struck Gold….that feeling black men get when they marry a white woman…that may be harsh but it is the truth….and it isnot just in women ..u guys make a alotvof stuff about igbos that are not true especially yorubas( I will keep saying it) …even I John used to have that mentality about igbos until something happened and my father cautioned me… so let me educate u( after this I wont come back to this thread again) U think Igbos come and do business successfully in your state because you welcome them?? Nah, U must be a primary 6 dropout for you to believe that crap.They do so because they’re bold, dogged and determined maybe your tribe can learn a thing from them. Ur tribe are timid and scared of trying new ground that’s why they resort to the claim of been accommodative and welcoming to the Igbo.If you can compete with the high enterprising Igbo boys who stops you from acquiring a store in Aba or Onitsha??There are thousands of Igbos in Malaysia, India, South Africa etc U think this guys welcome them. ?By you welcoming do you think lands and stores were giving to them free?The Igboman hustled with his sweat to achieve whatever property he has anywhere, Hausa traders are active in the east too. It’sa fair levelled ground for all.If an Igboman can go to your land and start from a humble beginning by hawking gala, selling Accessories or shoes and clothes and later when he’s made you come out with ur regular mantra of been Accommodative who stops you from going to the east to replicate such ??It’s high time you stop this crap of been welcoming and accommodative, It’s getting boring.I don’t think you’ve been to the east, for you to say hate is too much.I think you’re just sitting in ur brown roof jungle typing crap becos data is now cheap. Its only a fufu that will believe Igbo hate themselves, If they truly hate themselves how did they achieve numerous monopoly in differs line of businesses e.g Auto business, Electronics etc. I can recall numerous quarrels between Obasanjo and Tinubu, Sanusi lamido sanusiand host of Northern elders etc but I haven’t seen that in anyway to mean hatred.cos I can differentiate Political interest andand interest of them as a people.Whatever you see between any south eastern governors is just political and you cannot use it as a yardstick in defining the people.The South People ranging from Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw, Isoko etc has been cohabiting and are good neighbours since time immemorialThey share a common history and way of life.We might have our differences and issues but we’re humans and not perfect, There’s always room for improvement.Thank me for educating you.

16. jumbo

October 26, 2017 at 1:00 pm

OLANMA, or anofia what ever your name is , You are a nincompoop. Are you his wife? Y are you pained. You better be careful, lest i come for you bigtime..

• Olanma

October 26, 2017 at 6:02 pm

Lol read your comment; you’re the one who’s pained. I only told you that you and the bird who told you Lola is the cause are stupid. If you have an issue with it, hug a transformer. ?

17. Freedom

October 26, 2017 at 1:19 pm

@ nene I’m extremely disappointed in you…is that the so called rejoinder you wanted to do, you shouldn’t have bordered at all…this comment right there….”Yes your family is your blood but when you act like your wife manipulates you, you simply attract hatred for your family.. If your wifely has to decide your relationship with your okoyes family then blame yourself not any one else”……. is so wrong on all level and honestly i disrespect you for this.
    How do you know Peter takes instructions from Lola or that she manipulates him? do you live with them or you are simply speculating? please show us the evidence or bury your head in shame. this is so disgusting!!!.. and please no one should say Igbo people love other tribes to pieces when it comes to marriage… they are the only tribe that find it difficult to live with another tribe married to their brother…i have seen several of them and its similar issues.- once the man takes a stand for his family, the wife is controlling the husband.

honestly i don’t pray that I or any of my loved ones marry an Igbo man, they may be worth the sacrifice but their family will kill you. i’d marry a christian from any other tribe but Igbo….God help me!!!

18. Freedom

October 26, 2017 at 1:27 pm

@Olanma..thank you for being truthful…I respect people who are not afraid to stand for the truth at all times. I respect you for this. there may be some very few Igbos who may be different and who would gladly accept another woman who is not their tribe, very few…but the majority of Igbos are like the Okoye’s family. common they don’t even like themselves let alone another tribe…if Lola was an Igbo woman, they wont dare to try this nonsense they are doing to Peter because of Lola.
    so Lola is the only imperfect being in their family and the rest of them are perfect. SMH

19. Petra

October 26, 2017 at 1:38 pm

I love how Peter is sticking up for his wife and kids. Really admirable. You can’t claim to love your brother and hate his family

20. Dora

October 26, 2017 at 1:43 pm

When women come into the picture!!!! Subtly making negative suggestions to the men and working on their egos. Don’t let you wives manipulate you. Grow up u two

21. bubu

October 26, 2017 at 2:04 pm

well coming from a large multicultural extended family with mutliple sets of twins I not too quick to absolve peter jo. cos ur family accept ur spouse the way you present them. Peter should go and search himself. its seems long time ago 3 hungry igbo guys wan use format for lola head but the babe show them say cunny man die cunny man burry am. if peter like make him no go find correct song writer and producer. make paul no go find correct back up dancers ( cos it seems kafy and hubby de peter camp) and make oga jude no go find new act to develop. na when them begin line up for lola door for chop more their eye go clear (ncluding peter sef). just sha allow your kids to enjoy the benefits of a mulicultural extended family. cos we are the coolest #yestomulticulturalcoupling.

• Me

October 29, 2017 at 10:34 pm

This right here is my favorite comment. I’m multicultural too and we tend to see things from a whole different perspective evidently. See this world is so complex ehn, some sentiments are just unnecessary mental baggage. Looool. Sigh
      I wish them all the best. I’d hate to see this business go bust. Honestly the limitations in this part of the world.
      God help us all

22. Freedom

October 26, 2017 at 2:09 pm

Bella Naija refused to post my comment because i critiqued Nene’s comment about Lola…its now obvious on whose side they are. i dont wanna take sides cos no one is perfect..but i hate the way they put all the blame on Lola as if all the others are faultless, especially when we don’t live with them to know what actually goes on in their lives.
    if you guys like don’t post my comment. shior!

23. Awesome

October 26, 2017 at 2:51 pm

See eeehhh… The MAJOR fact here is that LOLA is the problem why this two brothers who have been living in peace are now having problems… Whether she is at fault or not is a different thing all together, but the underlying point is that LOLA is the bone of contention!!
    It is Obvious PETER has chosen his wife over his Blood Twin Brother… I have no problem with that since according to him LOLA is also his blood and perhaps his Blooy BOND with LOLA is ticker than that he has with Paul… I still don’t have any problem with that decision…
    Where it becomes worrisome is that all these while PETER never knew that he is not supposed to be MIXING Family with Business, until He Married LOLA and then LOLA then opened his eyes for him to know that BUSINESS comes before FAMILY UNITY….
    LOLA Okoye what have you been feeding your husband with…?? As you have chosen to divide a family you met in Peace… We will leave posterity to judge…!!!

• Shandi

October 26, 2017 at 6:03 pm

You are quite foolish.

• JO

October 28, 2017 at 4:13 pm

As in ehhhhh. Awesomely stupid!! To wast my time typing this trash. You’re a harebrained scallywag!

24. Janet

October 26, 2017 at 3:06 pm

From the beginning, I knew what their problem was, cuz I went thru the same thing years ago but my husband stood for me and my children, right now we have been married for almost 20yrs. Peter, take ur stand and protect your wife and children, God will continue to bless you and the others (brothers) will come around eventually, it might take years but I think will happen.

25. Yellow sun

October 26, 2017 at 3:28 pm

People have a problem with husbands standing up for their wives..im Yoruba and married to a Yoruba man…my husband has always stood up for me to his family esp hes mum…automatically my mother inlaw cries to anyone that cares to listen that im in control..when a man starts standing up for his wife …hes wife is manipulating and controlling him..i don’t understand people…he married her,They have kids,they’ve been together since way back through thick and thin…it is suddenly now that Jude was asked for accountability that Lola is manipulating him…if Peter dies tomorrow where is the insurance for Lola and he’s kids???
    If he doesn’t stand for his wife who should he stand for? Eyin were
    Women are slaves in marriages ,the bulk of any issue is our problem…we are always the cause abi..
    So.. Peter God bless you.. .keep been who u are and soar high.. .iyalaya gbogbo won…

26. Moremi

October 26, 2017 at 4:18 pm

It is said “A man shall leave his family and be joined with his wife”.

27. Nwa

October 26, 2017 at 4:57 pm

No doubt peter loves lola but the koko be say ~ do lola loves peter the same way.I always get this cold vibe from Lola.I just pray that the whole sacrifice Peter is doing for lola that lola doesn’t disappoint in the end bcos I have this feeling that their marriage won’t last. I also have this feeling that lola may do a tonto or tiwa savage on peter one day.

• JO

October 28, 2017 at 4:14 pm

Another idiotic comment. Oh Father deliver your children from this madness!!

28. Ikenna

October 26, 2017 at 5:15 pm

I am Igbo and sadly I have to agree with Olanma. This is the only place I can agree as in real live I’ll just be quiet; I cannot agree publicly. We aren’t very acceptable. If you notice, most Non-Igbo’s like Yoruba, Hausa, Itshekiri, Ibibio, Igala, Tiv, rarely allow their children to marry us, Igbo’s. The few that agree; it takes a lot of prayers. If their sons want to marry our girls, some don’t mind, but before they allow their daughters marry us? O dighi mfe. One of my guys from Anambra, his Mother didn’t allow him marry a girl all cause she’s from Mbaise and not from his own village. Till today, I can’t understand it when I think of it. For crying out loud; they are both Igbo’s! I am an Igbo guy but I grew up in Lagos and Kaduna, fluent in Hausa & Yoruba, even more than Igbo and I found this shocking. My other guys were like it’s not shocking; it’s normal I just happen not to know about this. This bothered me. One of my colleagues, also Igbo he is currently in a battle with his family as they don’t want him to marry a Benin girl, because they are usually “wayward” and they do “jazz”; I don’t understand this kind of stereotype. Why I decided to even write this epistle as I never comment of blogs, is that I met this girl and we became very close, she’s half Ahoada and half Auchi, the moment she heard I was Igbo, she said she didn’t think her Parents will agree and so for us to waste or time; she ended it. It pained me as that was the only roadblock; reading these comments made me remember it and I was honestly sad. Of course it is not the same for every family as some families are exposed and quite accommodating, majority are like that. I remember when I was in Uni, a course mate came to my house and my aunt happened to be around and she was saying jokingly after the girl left that hope I’m not bringing a Yoruba girl as a wife oh, although she was laughing as it was a joke. My Mom wasn’t having it, she was like she’s my friend and even though it was otherwise, it was none of her business.
    You guys that leave these comments make it hard for the rest of all, Peter and Paul are fighting, it could be money or someone else, not the wife. Stop painting us in a bad light. It’s annoying.

29. marvel

October 26, 2017 at 6:00 pm

moremi said it all….

30. Ephi

October 26, 2017 at 7:44 pm

From a lot of the comments above, tribalism is truly well and alive in Nigeria even amongst us the younger generation that are meant to know better. Shame!

31. Thinking buddy

October 27, 2017 at 1:12 am

Only God knows what the mother saw, and forbade her son from marrying Lola…. maybe she saw disunity ahead….. just my 50 cents thinking…..

• Yellow sun

October 27, 2017 at 9:19 am

Over seer.. .because she’s late makes her a saint abi…mscheew..miss me with that bullshit jor.. ….if Lola were her daughter she will tell someone not to marry her after giving birth abi…
      It easy to condemn when it’s not yours…

32. Mayy

October 27, 2017 at 2:31 am

Anita and Ify’s sister were going in at each other on Instagram not too long ago, but as always, y’all with focus on Lola and attack her. Smh!

• Moremi

October 27, 2017 at 3:02 pm

Exactly, what was that all about?!?

33. nnenne

October 27, 2017 at 5:27 am

Mr. P, you don’t owe anyone an explanation about your split!
    Let your talent and creativity shine. Leave your family out of it biko! You are not the first Igbo man, whose wife is Yoruba!
    Osita Osadebe, Akanu Ibiam, Emeka Anyaoku, etc, all married Yoruba women.Infact, Akanu Ibiam refused to remarry close to 30years after his wife died,till his death!
    If you make good music we will buy it.
    No one cares about your family’s
    problems cause we all have issues. SLY MAN!

• Le sigh

October 27, 2017 at 11:53 am

It is so easy for you to talk. Just visit his IG page. He is constantly attacked everyday because of his family. This is why he respond in the interview. All over his page he is being told repeatedly that blood is thicker than water. He even disabled comments on a recent pic of him & his wife because she was getting attacked.
      I don’t know how people on IG with opened account cope with cyber bullying. I always feel bad for public figures and business owners on IG. Constructive criticism is good but bullying & personal attack is horrible.

• Quisse

October 27, 2017 at 5:59 pm

Yes he is not the first. But those families you mentioned don’t hate their Yoruba or non-Igbo wives; at least not publicly. GTOH.

34. Dee

October 27, 2017 at 8:55 am

I admire your courage Mr P, you’re simply doing what you should as a man and good husband. you promised to stand by your wife when you married her, and the bible says what God has joined together let no one put asunder.

A lot of those talking s*** about your decisions won’t take it when it comes to them, john if it were your sister having problem in her matrimonial home, would you call her arrogant and support her in laws? would you like what’s happening to Lola happen to her?

The answer is simply NO. you’d take to social media and start tweeting about in laws that aren’t accommodating. Since this isn’t about you, you’re quick to point fingers, God is watching you ooo.

Nene and her cronies, if you were in her shoes, would you still say all this gibberish you’ve been spouting? your husbands should support his family and blame you for the feud with his family!

its people like you that would never take s*** from anyone, yet you were quick to judge others and condemn them.

karma sure is a b**** you know?

35. na_partnership

October 27, 2017 at 8:55 am

When I met my husband, he was earning more money than I have but was still living in a rent share. From what I knew of him, he was good with money so I wondered why he didn’t have his own house (or at least mortgage). It turns out he has been giving his mom money. Mom will come knocking with one sob story or the other and he will dish out his savings. He had investment in multiple deals with mama with little chance of ever recovering. Within one year of dating, he bought a house. Hubby has now learnt his lessons, he will still give his mama money to spend (regular monthly allowance) but he stopped giving her investment money. Why? Because he has realised that he is better off investing the money himself. She is retired and bored and will continue to play with investment opportunities as much as there is free access to cash.
    Sometimes, it takes an outsider to bring fresh perspective into a situation. My hubby has also pointed out times where I have been a little lax / blind to my family faults. That is what a new partnership does. When two bodies merge, they typically identify each other’s weakness and a merger is only successful if it brings new opportunities for growth and overall, mitigate pre-existing risks and weaknesses.

36. Kenny Rogers

November 1, 2017 at 4:59 pm

So sad separation has come…. Never thought a thing like this will come between blood brothers…. Folks, it doesnt look so gud… Is very bad.. There’s nothing like love in this family