News

Beyoncé, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Donald Glover cast in “The Lion King” Remake

BellaNaija.com

Beyoncé has been cast to voice Nala in the upcoming remake of one of the highest grossing animated movies of all time “The Lion King.”

Disney released the full cast on their official Twitter on Thursday.

Rapper, actor and screenwriter Donald Glover was earlier this year confirmed to be the voice of Simba.

James Earl Jones retains his role as the voice of Mufasa, and Chiwetel Ejiofor will voice Scar.

Others on the cast are Eric Andre voicing AziziKeegan-Michael Key voicing Kamari, and Seth Rogen as Pumbaa.

See below:

Beyoncé, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Donald Glover cast in "The Lion King" Remake - BellaNaija

Photo Credit: Disney

1. Ene

November 2, 2017 at 10:20 am

I’m here for Rafiki!
    Rest in peace Robert Guillaume.
    Rest in peace Madge Sinclair

James Earl Jones! Wow!

2. yippee

November 2, 2017 at 10:36 am

So happy, love John Oliver, Donald Glover and Chiwetel Ejiofor.

3. Mamamia

November 2, 2017 at 10:42 am

Why do we need a remake to everything? Lion king is a classic and should remain untouched as it is. I will pass.

4. Idealist

November 2, 2017 at 11:13 am

I’m here for all of these but one. Beyonce as Nala! Let’s face it, she sings great, but she doesn’t have an impressive speaking voice.
     In my humble opinion, Anika Noni Rose or Audrey McDonald would have worked. These women have theatre, broadway & animation experience. To top it, their vocals are  superb.
    But then again, it’s Queen Bey’s world, we’re just living in it.

• corolla

November 2, 2017 at 3:17 pm

Her talking voice is straight up Southern hood! Ewww

• Engoz

November 2, 2017 at 9:22 pm

Lol @Southern hood. Honestly, I winced when I saw her name in the cast.

Anyway Seth Rogen as Pumba? Classic, lol. Very apt.

5. Marie Antoinette

November 2, 2017 at 11:19 am

Why???
    Classics like Lion King and Coming to America shouldn’t be touched!

6. Xplorenollywood.com

November 2, 2017 at 1:33 pm

I’m on the fence with this one! I agree, not all classics need to be remade, but what is the difference though? If its the same story but different voices, if thats the case, i will most probably pass as well. But Chiwetel as Scar, that’s some big shoes to fill dear! What of the music score, will they be looking to Elton John for this one? Reminds me of the remake of the song ‘We are the World’, that version was a disaster. *closingmyeyes*

7. Igbegocho

November 3, 2017 at 6:37 am

Why remake something that is already great? Like I knew Beauty and the Beast would never match the original, this one too will flop. Names do not always make for a good movie, I can still hear Beyonce’s voice in Epic, I didn’t like it there i doubt i’ll like it here. They should just leave the soundtrack alone for their own good.

• yemirae

November 3, 2017 at 7:44 am

You really don’t have to watch it, y’know?

• Puzzles

November 3, 2017 at 10:36 am

Are you serious? I ENJOYED Beauty and the Beast far better than the original. Luke Evans as Gaston was the highlight! Guess we all have different taste.