News

Blogger UnilagOlodo petitions Police after Twitter User accused him of Rape

BellaNaija.com

Blogger UnilagOlodo petitions Police after Twitter User accused him of Rape - BellaNaijaBlogger UnilagOlodo has petitioned the police after a Twitter user @udala__ accused him of rape.

The Twitter user had shared a long thread detailing the alleged rape, saying she had visited him to spend the night, and they had agreed beforehand that it was only a friendly visit.

But late at night, he made sexual advances, she wrote, which she rebuffed. See her tweets below:

UnilagOlodo has however, through his lawyers petitioned the police, claiming the allegation is a case of defamation.

He shared a copy of the petition on his Twitter page, writing:

The undue hardship I have faced in the past few days is unbearable. False allegations of sexual misconduct is now used as a weapon to destroy lives.

I have never faced so much hate and ridicule in my life. I am deeply traumatised and have lost my peace of mind and opportunities to earn a living off a business I have built with my sweat, tears and blood.

I will stop at nothing to establish my innocence. I refuse to apologise for a crime I did not commit. I have never raped anyone and I have always advocated against sexual crimes and misconduct.

My petition has been submitted to law enforcement authorities, and I believe that justice will be done at the end of the day.

See a copy of the petition below:

Blogger UnilagOlodo petitions Police after Twitter User accused him of Rape - BellaNaijaPhoto Credit: @UnilagOlodo

1. Uchechi Opara

November 28, 2017 at 7:43 pm

she even had the time and mind to narrate in details

• The Real Oma

November 28, 2017 at 9:19 pm

@Uchechi, what do you mean by that comment?
      Please tell me I misunderstood you and you are not suggesting she should have buried the incident?
      I am not going to be quick to judge as I would like to hear the guy’s side of the story – does he know the girl? did she spend a night in his house? did they have sex? this petition doesn’t show nothing! But I must say the lady’s narration sounds honest, it reads like someone who already knows she will be blamed but does not care – she could have omitted some of the details but chose not to.

• Uchechi Opara

November 29, 2017 at 3:25 pm

The narration we should be reading, if truly he raped you is the facial and head injuries you inflicted on him while he bent to give you the oral. You waited for him to finish that and then proceeded to the real deal without even a shout or a kick on his head or just do something sha. I can’t say for sure if this ordeal is true or not but I sure pray for heavenly strength to defend my self if I ever (God Forbid) encounter this kind of guy.

2. A Real Nigerian

November 28, 2017 at 7:53 pm

This one is an ovbious rapist. Arrest and convict him ASAP.

#MeToo
    #FeminismForever
    #MenMustMellow

• CrazyWorld

November 28, 2017 at 9:20 pm

Men will not mellow. We die for you fools. I am not saying anyone should rape but no, men will not mellow. Anyone accuse me of rape will get killed.

3. Engoz

November 28, 2017 at 7:56 pm

Not long ago, some mediocre, unintelligent persons came for Californiabawler for not ‘naming and shaming’ a sexual predator professor. My submission on that thread was to have evidence before naming people. Never ever do the latter before you have the receipts.

4. Spunky

November 28, 2017 at 8:55 pm

Ok. No means no. I just feel the young lady has a lot more to give if she’s to be taken seriously. I don’t understand how she can receive “head” in all glory and still cry rape. Abeg, in as much as I blame the dude for putting himself in such position, the chick isn’t telling the truth.

• Cocolette

November 28, 2017 at 11:36 pm

Like I don’t even understand the ‘head’ part. He’s giving you head that you don’t want and you didn’t use your knee to dislocated his jaw, you didn’t use your hands to Crack open his skull in that vantage position? Gurl you’re not serious. This just reads like a game of hide and seek to me… ‘He came to the bed I came to the bed, he cuddle I cuddle, he give me head I give him head…”

• Cocolette

November 28, 2017 at 11:40 pm

*dislocate

5. AtiEti

November 28, 2017 at 9:00 pm

I get that we should never shame the victim of sexual assaults, I get that, I am a woman. But can we at least question certain actions? I do not understand women who go to men’s houses by themselves, to sleep over, when they have no intention of sleeping with the man. If someone can explain the rationale behind this to me, I would be so happy. In this case, she had a boyfriend and friends, so it probably wasn’t loneliness that made her carry herself to go watch a show, all by herself in a man’s room, and then lay on his bed and even agree to cuddle. I just want to understand what makes people take these actions and then cry foul when things do not go as planned. If I am going to a man’s place by myself, best believe I will be ready for any sexy times that go down. If I have no intention of letting that happen, I will stay far far away from such intimate settings. Isn’t that what makes the most sense? I just want to understand, no judgement here.

• Gore

November 28, 2017 at 9:49 pm

You took off your jeans, and were in a pair of shorts, and allowed him to cuddle, and you have a boyfriend? and you went to use free Wi-fi? Please some things are not adding up.

• randommer

November 28, 2017 at 10:43 pm

None of that matters – going by your logic boyfriends can’t rape their girlfriends, husbands can’t rape their wives, and prostitutes can’t be raped. No matter what she agreed to, she did not consent to sex O tan. Be there asking 21 JAMB questions. Maybe she was naive and foolish – doesn’t mean her rapist shouldn’t face the wrath of the law. I actually believe the girl, the MO is common

• Mariam

November 28, 2017 at 10:43 pm

I think it was the free wifi. Didnt you read the write up?

• Netizen

November 29, 2017 at 5:33 am

I thought some guy here just said men are not animals. Some of us go to a male friend’s house the same way we go to female a friend’s house because we want to give them benefit of doubt that they really are not animals and that’s it. There’s no other reason attached to it. But apparently, that’s a crime in Nigeria. Never doing that shit again. It is sad that when women come to your house as a guy, all you expect is sex. It is sad really. I mean come on, male friends visit me all the time and it’s no biggie. I don’t look forward to sleeping with them or raping them. We should change our mindset. We are not animals.

6. The Breach Repairer

November 28, 2017 at 9:36 pm

Get Uber to give all the records of the date she went to his house and when she left his house. Also, get a testimony from the former boyfriend. This is the only way udala will have a real case. If not, this will be another sad case of he-said, she-said..

Also, the fact of ‘pretending……..swolen eyes’, does this mean your boyfriend was violent with you.

7. Baby gurl

November 28, 2017 at 9:42 pm

I do not know if she is lying or not. However, if she is actually lying and has concocted this story ehn, the Amadioha that would strike her is eating akpu warm up. However, if he did truly rape her, and is asking the NPF to get involved, may he fall into his own ditch and get locked up. Questions arising: does he know her? have they met? If so, how many times? If not, what would lead a young girl to falsely accuse a man of rape (remember, if false) ? Why has this been happening lately? To destroy one’s career and reputation? Hmm world people. Bad things are happening. Evil is mixing with the entire world. Rape. 21st century slavery. Mass murders. False accusations. 2017 na wa. Jesus, biko bia!!!

8. Loki

November 28, 2017 at 11:12 pm

Pls Is there a summary of this story? It looked too long to read but seems interesting.

• Jummy

November 28, 2017 at 11:14 pm

LMAO! Wow! I actually like you!
      That made me bawl for some reason.

9. Kay

November 28, 2017 at 11:14 pm

she apparently wanted this guy… else why go there esp when she claimed she had a bf at the time…he gave her good head which she enjoyed and I’m certain she came…maybe she became irritated or ashamed after her climax and wanted the guy off her immediately but sadly baba was already hard and ready to burst his nuts…now she’s crying rape… u people shd be careful oh

10. OJ

November 28, 2017 at 11:40 pm

All these I have a boyfriend and going to another guys house to use free WiFi and chop pizza and sleep over and wantin wantin now happen…..is it not poverty mentality?? Ojukokoro, her case sounds like that Lady that accused the popular movie producer of rape after she and her bf went to his place…..

• Ade

November 29, 2017 at 1:34 pm

@Soph. Your comments may not apply in real life situations, in today’s sexually charged environment.

My advice, don’t get to the level of removing pant, enjoying head then saying you were rapped because you said No to the final step. The argument that once a woman says No, the man should respond accordingly regardless of how far they have gone into the act sounds sensible but practically implausible. Don’t put yourself in compromising position.

11. Ade

November 29, 2017 at 12:11 am

Lmao, you don’t want to do but you changed to shots, then, he removed it and gave you oral but you didn’t leave a visible mark or wound with your knee on his jaw.

I may be naive but do rapists give head, don’t they just display their animalistic urge by going straight to the point. Did you tell your boyfriend you were passing the night in another man’s house? I’m sure he would have said hell no to going to sleeping in another man’s house because of wifi. This is just a case of we started giving one another head then the lady asked him to stop but the man was already in the zone of no return.

As a man self, I wouldn’t sleep in the house of a girl am not dating. If you can’t afford wifi, read a book or sleep.

• folaji

November 29, 2017 at 8:00 am

Gbam!

• Soph

November 29, 2017 at 9:36 am

Mehn! Rapists don’t have one single characteristic, some are gentle, some are even sweet, some give bomb head but when the other participant says no even after consenting previously and you still push and do, then its rape.. The only thing that the girl could be blamed for is stupidity and last I checked, its not a crime. However, rape certainly is. As long as she said No, not just the one she thought in her head then yes he did rape her

• Me

November 29, 2017 at 6:40 pm

Ade you are a disgusting piece of S#[email protected] Even if she agreed to oral sex, no still means no. Clearly a lot of guys still dont get that!!!!

• Ade

November 30, 2017 at 2:55 am

@Me…no need to respond back to you with insults.
      I would recommend you put yourself in thesame situation and come back to tell us the end result after you said No.

12. Ayo

November 29, 2017 at 12:31 am

Some of you are brave o! Forget story .
    You mean you see a man with mop on his head, nose like volcano and beard like where bees have gathered and you still follow? Free internet bawo? You even spoke about head, you are really lucky he did not bite it off, this one looks like a cannibal. Tueh!

• Uberhaute_Looks

November 29, 2017 at 8:49 am

I rolled on the floor reading your comment! I’m always sad when I read stories like she raped me, I raped her ish…
      @Anon 7:27, train and teach them the right way, always pray for them; that’s all they need not boys and girls.

• Soph

November 29, 2017 at 9:38 am

My God!! You made my morning with that comment

• Uchechi Opara

November 29, 2017 at 3:12 pm

hahahahaha @ You mean you see a man with mop on his head, nose like volcano and beard like wher…

13. wifematerial

November 29, 2017 at 12:32 am

just tire for the story!!!!!!!!

14. King bey

November 29, 2017 at 7:18 am

Something is clearly missing here..I feel she’s not totally saying the truth…he gave you oral sex before he slides in? Hmmmm well if they investigate and she’s saying the truth,the guy should be arrested…I hate rapist tueh

15. Anonymous

November 29, 2017 at 7:27 am

I will continue to pray feverently for my daughters. May they be wise and not take decisions that will put them at a disadvantage. May ojukokoro not make them take actions that put them in dangerous situations. May they be content and not take their safety for granted for cheap things like free wifi etc. Rape is one of the things that can happen. What about ritual killing, kidnap, accidental death etc? So help us God.

16. Csv

November 29, 2017 at 8:08 am

I think this calls for an in dept discussion. no means no agreed. But I think too many times many Nigerian ladies emit mixed signals. So the average guy out there always thinks he has to push to get what he wants and she would come along.

I once had sex with a lady I was still in the process of toasting. Like the lady above she had a boyfriend. She had come visiting.
    The truth is i didn’t invite her over. I was still in the process of asking her out and would not have put sex at the forefront. I had offered to take her out. But due to unforseen circumstances couldn’t. Any way one thing led to another and we got kissing. In the heat of the moment I had slipped my hand in between her legs. But she stopped. And told me straight up she doesn’t like being touched there (she was wearing her trousers. And I hadn’t even attempted to remove it). I obeyed and continued with the kiss. End of Day 1

Day 2: on a different occasion she came to my room again to offer a sincere and friendly help. Well since our friendship now offered kissing as a side attraction. I leaned in for the kiss. We were discussing, talking about life and taking out time to return to Kissing affair. We were talking again, when she jerked her hips forward in a suggestive manner and smiled. I asked her what? But she smiled and said nothing. Well I resumed my kissing duties. But this time, my hands weren’t going to stop. They found their way beyond the waist band and went even further.

Of course I was hearing her asking me to stop. But my fingers continued. Not because I was callous and heartless….but bcos I knew she was enjoying it. How? My fingers were wet and she was breathing deeply and moaning and at the same time saying stop. I let her go for a moment. She got up and was moving away. I went after her and was begging. Not begging as in trying to cajole her. But begging because I had no doubt in my heart she wanted the sex. But needed a reason to use as an excuse. I had to give her that reason. After the whole thing. My shirt + bed sheet was soaked. But I noticed after a while she was sad and withdrawn. Maybe the guilt that she had cheated on her boyfriend or had sex so soon with a guy. I wasn’t sure. But I did feel sincerely bad and wish the whole thing never happened. The friendship gradually but surely died.

17. folaji

November 29, 2017 at 8:40 am

Story doesn’t add up. It’s either of two things. She’s either making it up or she put herself in a position for consensual sex, had it, then allowed her guilt to eat her up, because she has a boyfriend. There are cases of men who have done prison time for being falsely accused of rape, only for the accuser to become born-again like twelve years later and then confess.

18. keke driver

November 29, 2017 at 8:52 am

See them already judging the guy.

I definitely do not condone any act of sexual crimes and misconduct, but this doesn’t just add up.
    So you laid on the bed as he gave you oral s*x, then he slid in, did his thing afterwards you got home, told your boyfriend about it and your boy friend did nothing ba?
    If the guy is found guilty, then he should face the music, but until he’s found guilty WITH EVIDENCE??, y’all should give the guy some breathing space.

19. otunba Aye

November 29, 2017 at 9:54 am

I don’t believe her story, you been to his place like more than 3 times with your friend, now you go alone in the night what do you expect? The guy in question, is he a log of wood and i’m against ANY MAN THAT HAVE SEX WITH A WOMAN AGAINST HER WILL OR CONSENT.. SO MADAM, you have yourself to be blame in the matter, you have a boyfriend, yet you choose to pass the night in a guy’s place abi?

20. FinchleysFinest

November 29, 2017 at 11:59 am

Train our boys… Educate our girls…

its 2017… dont trust anyone… if you’re not dating him…. dont spend the night at his place….on the same bed….So wait…. she allowed a guy cuddle? Biko…next time..pick race… why should i cuddle with you when you’re not my bf

Boys…Consent is real… No means NO…. hian

21. sisi nnene

November 29, 2017 at 1:53 pm

I stand with her 100%…. because NO should Always mean NO!
    However, she is not without blame. You know you don’t want sex, why go there alone (Couldn’t you go with a friend)? then why take off your jeans (You shouldn’t be so relax)? why allow to cuddle? its like seeing a hungry child, then you say, Smell this meat, rub the meat on your lips, Open your mouth and put the meat on your tongue…. then you blame the child for tasting the meat.
    Like the yorubas say – What you won’t eat, Don’t smell!

22. John

November 29, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Only fish fish brains and people with the IQ of a stone will belive this her delusional Rubbish story…I believe even a 5 yr old is not this stupid….

23. Becca

November 29, 2017 at 3:49 pm

The preceding circumstances are irrelevant. Even if she consented to have sex and is doing it, she can withdraw that consent at any time. If he continues, it is RAPE be it husband, boyfriend or random fuckboi. It just presents a more difficult case for the jury to believe/decide – he said, she said…

• Ade

November 29, 2017 at 6:50 pm

Becca, same response as I gave to Sophs similar post

My advice, don’t get to the level of removing pant, enjoying head then saying you were raped because you said No to the final step. The argument that once a woman says No, the man should respond accordingly regardless of how far they have gone into the act sounds sensible but practically implausible. Don’t put yourself in compromising position.

24. Yellow sun

November 29, 2017 at 4:57 pm

This consent thing is beginning to annoy me..why do we ladies act like sex is a gift we offer to guys and not a pleasurable exercise shared by both parties..what is this nonsense of giving consent and withdrawing it..is he not human?..abeg that is why it is called cloud 9..and out of body experience ….once u say yes from the beginning u better finish it..everybody is now forming rape what is it..the real rape victims are done a great disservice…

• Becca

November 30, 2017 at 2:52 am

Irrespective of cloud 9 sensations, for instance you can consent to protected sex, if the guy removes the condom to go raw and you say no one then no is no. That is t the kind of sex you consented too. If he continues it is rape. This is the very reason Julian Assange is still holed up a tiny room in some embassy in London 5 yrs counting…
      Consent isn’t a gift it’s an agreement by both parties.
      @Ade even if she slept naked and allowed oral, no is no if she doesn’t want penetrative sex. By your logic a guy can flip you and give you anal & one should be fine with it because he was already in the other hole?
      Nah! Because I agree to a doesn’t mean I want to go to z. Foreplay doesn’t mean one actually wants to play.

25. Me

November 29, 2017 at 6:44 pm

A lot of these comments are giving me a serious headache.

• Mz Socially Awkward....

November 30, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Very, very serious one. Migraine, sef.

Apparently and according to one vocal camp of thought, those women who are wont to refer to men as being akin to animals are absolutely wrong and should stop categorising an entire sex like that.

However and according to many comments above, a man is absolutely allowed to be led by his base desires when the situation seems suitable. Abi?

It’s like me….. a Nigerian who’s often also viewed as coming from a nation of thieves and absolutely corrupt individuals….. and I’m “outchea” (as my sister would say) constantly trying to debunk that Western conception of my people….. then, I happen to be visited by someone carrying a bag of fresh pound notes. Fresh ones. Looking minty and ready to spend. And they leave it in my room for a weekend, bag open and all. So…… heck yeah, I decided to help myself to some of it. After all, you brought it to my room and left the bag open, therefore….. ish happens. Plus, you knew when you visited that I was a Nigerian. Abi?

That migraine, ehnn……

• Mz Socially Awkward....

November 30, 2017 at 4:36 pm

Escoos me. Just one second plix, for I have another question.

If she had gone to his house and perraps, the bros was informed that the baby girl in question has HIV….. let’s just say it’s the more aggressive form of HIV which bypasses condoms of any strength. In fact, if hand touches her down there, the HIV can invade nail cuticles and pierce through the skin.

So…. I’m just wondering. If such a life-threatening impediment was wrapped up in the package, would bros still have crossed to the other side of the bed to give head? Oh, you think not?? But why, na? A half-naked girl in bum shorts is still sleeping beside him. What on earth would have restrained him and his sexual organs from the kind of appealing “temptation” that was “available” to him on such a night??

Don’t be annoyed, it was just one random question like that. Let me come and be going, so I can continue treating the migraine.