Style

BN Collection to Closet: Dumebi Iyamah in Andrea Iyamah

BellaNaija Style

Wearing black to a wedding is sophisticated and ultra chic! And that’s the vibe we’re getting from head designer and founder Dumebi Iyamah of couture, ready-to-wear and retro swimwear brand Andrea Iyamah.

For her head-turning wedding guest look for #BAAD2017, she wore a black jumpsuit with plunging neckline and one hand frill-detailed sash stopping on her midriff to flow down simple into wide leg pants.

Cocktail ring and hoop earrings for a bit of glamour, Dumsy completed her outfit with gold pumps and a black clutch.

Photo Credit: @dumsy_

1. BNyouFamzing

November 25, 2017 at 11:41 pm

Andrea Iyamah in Andrea Iyamah!

2. THE MUMMY

November 26, 2017 at 1:27 am

Black is for FUNERAL not wedding. Lack of spiritual wisdom is worrying most people. No wonder your marraiges are not going beyond 2 years max. Living in error is not modernisation.

• bb

November 26, 2017 at 2:41 am

Lmaoooo you sound so silly if only you knew! Please stop embarrassing yourself.

• Of Mice and Men

November 26, 2017 at 2:42 am

Lack of spiritual wisdom? Are you for real? FOH with your ‘mumuish churchish brainwashed skull’.

One can’t wear black to any occasion save for a funeral. Who made this rule? Your spiritual pastor at Obalende? Abi na Jesu Oyingbo reveal am to you?

What you lack is common sense. How can an enlightened person make a correlation between the clothes one attends a wedding in and how long the person’s marriage lasts: Two totally unrelated variables with no correlation whatsoever.

• wifematerial

November 27, 2017 at 11:45 pm

Micheal Obama and bridesmaid wore black for their………….trust me the wedding last a life time.

3. Tara

November 26, 2017 at 2:47 am

One of my favourite guest looks from the wedding.

4. Temi

November 26, 2017 at 4:45 am

Don’t they wear red to funerals in Ghana. It’s just a colour. Cultures impose meanings on them. That’s all.

5. John Matilda

November 26, 2017 at 7:40 am

That dress is very unflattering on dumebi.. .. People have thrown caution to the wind and wear whatever they like to any occasion

6. The Real Oma

November 26, 2017 at 11:44 am

She is a fine girl, no doubt. I hadn’t ever noticed her before now.
    However, the outfit looks better on the model, mostly because Dumebi has bigger boobs and hips, thereby ‘over-sexualizing’ the dress, but hey, if that is the look she is going for…
    I prefer it on the model sha.

7. Papacy

November 26, 2017 at 5:42 pm

This is an honest question. Please, don’t be angry everyone. For the ladies, when you go to a wedding dressed like the lady in the picture, is the idea to draw attention to the boobs? Do you actually feel comfortable being looked at? Because i know i’ll look. Does that make me a creep? They’re like, in my face. I just wonder if it is weird for women.

• Ej

November 26, 2017 at 6:19 pm

Well it’s not, it’s all about looking good and besides some body parts require exposure of the boobs not too much tho, or watever pleases u, for me I am busty, I need a little open breast tops, said by the designers of our fore fathers

• Loki

November 26, 2017 at 7:54 pm

Honestly I will fight to the death for people to do whatever the hell they want to do as long as they aren’t hurting anybody but I’ve never really understood why some women feel the need to advertise their “assets”. First time I ever entered a club (admittedly I was already old and stuck in my ways) but I was stunned at the disparity between the way the men and the women were dressed. The men were dressed like they could drop everything at the drop of a hat and step into a meeting while the women…well let’s just say I spent the entire night staring like a loon. It was like a bucket of KFC chicken. There were breasts and thighs EVERYWHERE. I dunno; I guess it’s a thing.

• Californiabawlar

November 26, 2017 at 9:39 pm

In most cases if they’re out you can look. How long you CHOOSE to stare for is now on you… I mean, you’re the one that’ll end up looking like a creeper.

Totally unrelated to Andrea’s dress:
      That being said, I don’t fancy showing too much skin (tittays, arms, and back) at a wedding ceremony… same way I wouldn’t to church- for any type of ceremony, school, or work. It’s just PERSONAL social etiquette. Any other outing including mundane ones like going to the mall is fair game. My body, my choice. I would never hangout/go dancing in an overally conservative dress. Doesn’t make any sense to me.
      Like someone pointed out, when you have big booby your tops usually needs a bit of cut to make that area appear okay (clumsy mounded uniboob problems). I know it might sound weird to you that some of us actually feel the NEED to show ‘some’ cleavage. It is what it is though ????

8. cassie

November 26, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Dumsy is a beautiful woman but the dress looks way better and classier on the model.

9. msch

November 26, 2017 at 6:27 pm

So, because she has bigger hips and boob, she should wear a bed sheet or what? She looks great. Looks better on her than the model imo.

10. cassie

November 27, 2017 at 11:14 am

“outfit”
    LOL. No one’s saying she should wear a bed sheet, but the truth is, certain cuts and styles flatter longer, leaner, smaller breasted silhouettes

11. wifematerial

November 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

the wedding will last a life time.