Music

“That last time was the last time” – Tamar Braxton on why she & Vince are Splitting after 9 Years of Marriage

BellaNaija.com

Singer Tamar Braxton and her husband of 9 years Vince Herbert are reportedly getting a divorce.

According to BET, Vince doesn’t want to split up and is hoping they can sort their issues out, but it seems Tamar has had enough.

A few hours ago the songstress addressed her decision to get a divorce in a lengthy post on her Instagram page, where she wrote:

Thank God this is HIS purpose..yes I just dropped #bluebirdofhappiness &Tamar &Vince is coming back on Thursday but on GOD this has NOTHING to do with ME or a JOB!!.here is the thing,& MY truth..you don’t have to like me & while I’m woke,I can see that most of you don’t now..even when you did.?something has changed w/her..but it’s ok, because I don’t..well,didn’t like me either.I told myself I would do whatever it took to keep my family together,to see a smile on someone who has seen us smile on their face hoping we could offer them hope,faith,Love& dignity that once possessed.

But the truth is all of those things are NOT within the marriage of Tamar & Vince??‍♀️ ..at least not anymore.married people who are reading will know what I mean.Sometimes we stay”married”for face value or to say”we did it”??but the truth is..it couldn’t be more broken &further apart than we are NOW!..even on an anniversary! You can say he did this,she did that,I️ put up with”this”& I’ve suffered & endured”this”for so long..but the TRUTH is that this was your choice2 stay??‍♀️we get so caught up in WE are”winning”in love that we are LOSING a battle that doesn’t have ANYTHING 2 do with us! I️ decided I didn’t want to be married for the sake of saying so.I wanted to have a relationship.

Someone to share my/our dreams,our successes, our failures,our past,present & future with..& not finding out shit online??‍♀️..some of us ??have been have been living a LIE!..& sometimes when things R shared,what’s NOT being surfaced is that he has one or several girlfriends,or she’s never home,or he’s very general when he speaks,or “this doesn’t sound like him”? or he’s so busy lately!!.etc.etc..u have to think to yourself?When is enough enough?

Is it ok that he checks up on u when his phone(s) R stuck to him like glue?Is it ok that his friends are HIS friends but my friends are “our” friends? Or, we fight but that’s “passion”❌ let’s get deep for a second..we can argue & u can tell me to gtf out of “your”house when I’m the house of cards?None of this is ok..& while I’m not pushing anyone out of the door..I’m just telling you what has pushed me out of mine! That LAST time was the LAST time??

Photo Credit: Getty Images/David Livingston

1. Uc

November 8, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Deep….very Deep.
    With all said about Vince,Tamar was strong to have stayed dis long.

2. Pat

November 8, 2017 at 1:26 pm

My goodness, couldn’t understand some of her sentences.

• mee

November 8, 2017 at 3:34 pm

some? I couldn’t understand almost all of it.

3. viv

November 8, 2017 at 1:48 pm

These people English is hard for them. I couldn’t make out anything from this long write up!!!

• slice

November 8, 2017 at 2:53 pm

I read it all in one go. People have been speaking this way for a while now. Get with the program

• Funmilola

November 8, 2017 at 3:38 pm

Pele ooo slice,
      that English is crap please and you can stay alone in the program cos we are not getting in any program with you.

4. Pretty

November 8, 2017 at 1:52 pm

Yeah deep but I really understood when he told her to get out of his house. Men and my house, my kids, my own. Very selfish mindset. In my next life if I am to come as a woman I no go gree. Marriage should be termed ministry of suffer head for women. It is well!

5. SoniaPaloma

November 8, 2017 at 1:59 pm

It is like some Americans find English Language hard. I was thinking this was lyrics for a song of hers or something and even at that it is all over the place. I am not even sure what she said up there?

6. DIMBO

November 8, 2017 at 3:25 pm

I have been a huge fan of this two. Watched their show religiously and loved both of them. Sad to see this happening. QUESTION IS- What could have happened?- Did Tamar suddenly become too big to handle? For those who follow her you will know she is the hot head. Did she start feeling she doesn’t need vince any more, did her sudden rise to stardom make her rude, insensitive etc. OR Did Vince just suddenly become insecure with his wife’s growing success and possibly all the attention she is getting especially from all those wolves out there. He has battled weight gain for a while and that can put some pressure on a man. Did she suddenly overshadowed him and he couldn’t take it any more. However you see it, the strain in this marriage had a lot to do with their celebrity status and the quest to be richer and bigger in what they do. Wish them all the best and pray they can find a way to work this out.

• bulloks

November 8, 2017 at 6:46 pm

Armchair psychologist…ndi analyser. Mthsewww

• Lizzie

November 8, 2017 at 7:24 pm

What silly sudden rise? As a Braxton, she’s been famous for a long time! Plus she’s had a good enough career so far and has done well for herself. Dude was abusive and she’s done taking his shit! ?

It’s always the woman being vilified. As in you people will always find a reason to make a marriage’s ending a woman’s fault when we know that most men out there are immature.

• Ajala & Foodie

November 10, 2017 at 6:41 pm

@ Dimbo, if you claim to follow them as you say you do then this will not come as a surprise AT ALL and yes while her English is a mess, you would know the story enough to pick up the pieces.

One of my shameful guilty pleasures (that I watch when I don’t want to use my brain) is Braxton family values and yes Tamar’s sisters have long eluded to Vince messing around (see comments on him having girlfriends) on her and just plain treating her wrong. I believe it was last season Trina brought it up more boldly when she got into it with Tamar. What I however found interesting was how Tamar addressed the child neglect accusations but conviniently ignored the comment on Vince. Even Vince who was present did not say a thing in response. Mind you I was surprised they chose to air that especially since Vince is one of the execs on the show.

7. Ms S

November 8, 2017 at 8:15 pm

I have always been lukewarm about Tamar because I’ve always felt that she had a bit of an attitude problem, she’s also very competitive & domineering and doesn’t like to be outshone, even with her sisters. But I have always loved how PRACTICAL she is! Even from her days on “The Real” she doesn’t mince words and says it like it is, this must have been hard for her because she REALLY did love Vince but I feel like this was a long time coming, there always seemed to be a slight disconnect there, like they weren’t really on the same page & Tamar can definitely be a hothead, but I know she must’ve been through a lot herself to quit it, because she really did want her marriage to work. Best wishes to her

8. Felinda

November 8, 2017 at 8:19 pm

That will be a nice song title “The Last Time, was The Last Time”

• Mz Socially Awkward....

November 9, 2017 at 2:15 pm

AND in my head? I hear either Anita Baker’s voice or Toni Braxton’s voice singing it.

Girl. That’s the kind of track you know is goin’ be taking you all the way back to 90s R&B. Smooth, soulful vibes….. mmmmmmmm,