Relationships

Chef & Freeze’s Fiancée Benedicta Elechi opens up about Previous Marriage in Tell-All Interview

BellaNaija.com

In recent times, on-air personality Freeze‘s fiancée Benedicta Elechi has been joining him on his YouTube videos as they discuss current affairs and trending topics.

Benedicta, who is the C.E.O of TasteBudz Real Naija Cooking and Dictachi Foods Nigeria Ltd, has otherwise stayed away from the limelight.

The relationship between Freeze and Benedicta started a few years ago and the couple now have a son together – with Freeze having two children from a previous marriage and Benedicta also having three children from a previous marriage.

In an exclusive interview with Linda Ikeji TV, Benedicta opens up about her previous marriage and the reason things ended in a divorce settlement. She explains that her ex-husband was living a lie and that the marriage was a sham.

She says:

I filed for a divorce from him because of his sexual perversion and there’s a point where you get to as a human being when you realise that something or what is your aim is never going to work.
Because when I signed a contract to marry him, I believed I was marrying a man that shared the same type of sexuality with me. Don’t get me wrong, I do not have any issues with people that have different sexual orientation but when you come and say you want to get into a marriage contract with someone, you both have to share the same sexual orientation. So when you get into that marriage and find out it wasn’t what you bargained for, it’s like you were tricked into the marriage. The marriage is a sham.

For example, we got married in 2002, I filed for a divorce 2012. For the period of 10-years that we were married, we actually had sexual intercourse just 11 times in 10 years.  He never let me sleep in his room, I have to stay in my own room.  He would only come to see me when he thinks we should make a baby.

Way into the marriage, I caught him red-handed in gay sex. I walked into him in our living room, at about 1:30, 1:40am with a guy I didn’t really know. But he obviously walked in with that person at that time of the night, and I walked into them in our living.

I can tell you it was a struggle. You are living in a society where as a woman you have to do everything you can to preserve your marriage. You can come out of it, you just have to pray, God can change things.

There are certain things that we need to know when God is talking to you. It’s a little bit emotional for me because there are a lot of women out there that have gone through what I went through and they can’t come out.  I’m sorry, but there are a lot of reasons I never wanted to do an interview. The pain that I went through is real and it can only take a lifetime to forget.

Read more from the interview here, including why she couldn’t reach out to her family members about the true reason for separation and her acting as the perfect host for her ex-husband and his alleged man friend.

Photo Credit: Instagram.com/tastebudzng

1. Udegbunam Chukwudi

January 22, 2018 at 11:34 pm

Please why is she speaking out now oh? Wetin trigger am?

• Fizzy

January 23, 2018 at 1:09 am

Anybody who has gone thru trauma can decide when to speak up. I take it you do not mean this question in a bad way? Becos, I think – not really sure – you are one of the sensible people here. Even me, I don’t trust myself.

Be that as it may, I hv no love for this woman. Did Freeze’s wife not say Benedicta used to send text messages asking if Freeze had beaten her very well?

Every mallam with him kettle.

• Jade

January 23, 2018 at 5:31 am

Na wa o, naijas sha. She said her story and his name so what. Why do people always ask stupid questions? Is there an ideal time to speak about personal things in your life
      I’ve been saying this for sometime there are a lot of down low naija men, North, South south get large market for it. They hide under marriage and some of their wives know. At least she left, some still there

• Udegbunam Chukwudi

January 23, 2018 at 7:33 am

@Fizzy: When I hear stories like this, there’s always something that triggers them airing it all. I didn’t see such trigger here. This one felt like she woke up one good morning and decided today is the day that I will drag my ex-husband for filth. She could have just said the marriage was traumatic and leave it at that. It felt like she needed something to make the interview “relevant” and “trendable”

I do get your point about speaking up when ready though if I’m in her shoes and I’m truly in a happy place now, I’d just let this go UNLESS he actually decided to let my name slip out his mouth in a malicious manner. Na that time we go roll in the dirt together.

• Ec

January 23, 2018 at 8:58 am

You just need to go away please.

• Busarni

January 23, 2018 at 9:07 am

come out already; you no de use eye read this kinda story…

• Udegbunam Chukwudi

January 23, 2018 at 10:41 am

Come out already? Waiting game. Lol. Forgive me for feeling some type of way about a woman, who knew fully well her husband was gay, was only touched 11 times in 10 years and she still yanshed down in the marriage. If she talk say the man threatened tortured her into staying put in the marriage, I for understand.

The thing is I’m tired of women that have always known their husbands are gay coming out to play victim later down the line. She wanted to hansa Mrs so she stayed put and enjoyed the financial benefits that came with it.

• Gabrielle

January 23, 2018 at 2:28 pm

Lmao… Busarni said what’s on my mind. Chu-Chu please come out already and make sure you don’t put any lady through what Benedicta is talking about

• Ola

January 23, 2018 at 9:57 pm

The ex wanted to kill her didn’t you hear her story? Homosexuality, kidnap, molestation, harassment, wanted to take her company? Ah ah now

• Ada_ugo

January 24, 2018 at 10:09 am

@Udegbunam, I was also wondering what caused this one. Yes, the gist may be hot for those whose cup of tea this is. But the truth is she has breached his privacy on this matter. I don’t know why Nigerians feel they have the right to divulge personal and sensitive information of others simply because they feel like.

• Seriously

January 25, 2018 at 7:27 pm

It’s good she said his name to protect other women from falling into his double life games. And avoid unsolicited advice of she should have stayed to work it out. You gotta tell the truth in certain situations. The secrecy and hiding Nigerians do sometimes is so unhealthy and detrimental.
      This is not the typical, he lied, beat me. Dude was caught backing it up or was he the top. whatever the position was, he was dead wrong to lead this woman along.

• Bimbo

March 1, 2018 at 8:09 pm

Ah!!! Nigerians and dumb questions. Didn’t you hear that all she wants is for Mr Paul to stop harrasing her, her family members n her properties. He should go to the court if he believes he owns any piece of her property instead of coming to her factory premises with soldiers to harrase her security guard as he deed some days ago. I heard her say “incessant harrasment by Paul must to stop” and that Paul feels he is above the Law. He has attempted to kidnap her but he failed. Etc. This woman wants to be left alone ni’
      . Now I understand why daddy freeze say and average Nigerian IQ na 57. I no sure say e reach. This is not even Jamb question. You be mumu oh!! You this chukudi, you be real compound fool if you can’t understand this simple cry for help by this woman.

2. Ec

January 22, 2018 at 11:47 pm

BN you burried the lead. What is this about her ex being gay.

3. Ekwi

January 22, 2018 at 11:47 pm

11 times, so were you counting the nos of times you had sex? Does that also include the ones youbhad with him while dating him? Hahahhaha…shame on you madam tastebuds. I only feel pity for your kids. Dont worry, the future is pregnant. As for daddy freeze, your cup is almost full.

• Lilo

January 23, 2018 at 1:58 pm

Interesting that BN can post this nonsense that seems to malign and shame Paul’s person but we can’t talk about the people that defrauded Wale Tinubu or the ones that took a small boy’s ticket to borrow pose.

Benedicta/ na here we go dey when your puff puff with Dayo Olarinde will turn to buns.

4. SA

January 22, 2018 at 11:54 pm

This woman should not have said all this things, for her children’s sake

• Xyz

January 23, 2018 at 1:25 pm

Which children’s sake? Any man that tries this nonsense deserves to be named and shamed. If you are honest before the wedding no wahala, but if you deceive me into marriage best believe your entire village and generations will hear of it.

5. Lulu

January 23, 2018 at 12:20 am

I am. Glad she’s opening up. There are many women going thru the same thing she went through. Smiling and Suffering.

Tis bout time we Nigerians talk. About UNDERCOVER BROTHERS IN OUR MOST, there are many of them. Many in churches even

6. Lulu

January 23, 2018 at 12:21 am

In our mist

7. Gift

January 23, 2018 at 12:38 am

It means, u were having sex once in a year, that’s bad and he gave u one extra as the eleventh sex.
    I feel your pain, but the fact that u have kids with the guy,for the sake of the kids, the stigma and their sanity , u should not have exposed your ex hubby and quietly moved on with Freeze. Some things are best left unsaid.

• Jide

January 23, 2018 at 9:27 am

Once a year is even more than some women deserve. Let her be using dildos. Nonsense.

8. bey

January 23, 2018 at 1:04 am

Much as I understand her pain, i see no reason why she mentioned his name. Especially as you have kids together…
    She could have said her piece without mentioning his name. I hope freeze didn’t put her up to this.
    Alot of Nigerian women are married to gay men who are still in the closet. They just marry because of family pressure and to have kids. Then they still continue with their pervesion.

9. maria

January 23, 2018 at 1:43 am

I sincerely do not understand the essence of this interview. I believe this could have been a different and more impactful narrative, if it was told differently. It is so sad that you had to go through this but the platform and manner you chose to talk about this is so wrong. This story could have been told differently to motivate so many people in a similar situation. You just missed it.

• Lilo

January 23, 2018 at 2:00 pm

Abi? I thought she was being interviewed about her catering business. Sex once in a year and you stayed for 10 years? Beesh pls.

10. Xo

January 23, 2018 at 2:05 am

That’s what you homophobic people get. Keep preaching your hate and see who suffers more.

11. OA

January 23, 2018 at 4:39 am

Let’s be honest, as long as this woman did not drop from the moon and land on earth haphazardly, identifying her ex-husband is not brain surgery. Someone she had odindi (a whole) three children with! Me sef started racking my brain see as I worked in elf but in the V/I office in the early 90’s trying to remember if any of the PH ppl that came to Lagos was this same person described. Anyone could have disclosed his name under an Anonymous handle. The comments on the Internet are different from what is here oh?!

12. Cynical

January 23, 2018 at 5:19 am

When I saw this lady with Freeze, I actually felt sorry for her considering who she had ended up with, but as the days go on it is clear these two deserve each other.

13. Ewa

January 23, 2018 at 5:48 am

This 2018 too many yamayama stories would be heard…let me get my chewing stick and stool, I Dey come?

14. Thundra

January 23, 2018 at 6:22 am

You had sex 11 times with your husband in 10 years?! Really?!

Was there no honeymoon after your marriage (I mean that period of strong affection for each other)? I find it unbelievable that an enlightened and exposed woman like you would be denied of sex immediately after her marriage and she wouldn’t raise an eyebrow.

I don’t believe you. You are only trying to justify your marriage with Freeze.

Sadly you have progressed in a error by marrying Freeze.

Freeze knows so much about God and the Bible yet he doesn’t know that he is committing adultery.

May God keep us alive to see how you and that fraud called Freeze will end up.

• Ec

January 23, 2018 at 9:05 am

@thundra why so ignorant. What are you saying about the honeymoon stage?

You are the reason why women don’t speak out rather die in silence

• Lilo

January 23, 2018 at 2:02 pm

She is iyawo Saara I.e baby mama. Freeze didn’t marry her.!

15. Puzzles

January 23, 2018 at 7:52 am

The comments above are the reasons victims don’t come out to talk.

• Jummy

January 23, 2018 at 8:17 am

Aunty/uncle please don’t even go there.

Nobody is saying she shouldn’t have come out to speak. We’re only saying she should have left out the gory details seeing as she has children for the ex.

Do you know how traumatizing it would be for the children to read this on the internet? To know that their classmates may also read the same thing and tease them with it?

The moment they had children it ceased to be only about her. If she had thought about her kids she wouldn’t have done this interview honestly.

This is so uncalled for I don’t even know what to say. I only feel sorry for the children because of the trauma they will experience after reading this.

• Bibi

January 23, 2018 at 6:09 pm

Heard that she was aware. That it was an agreed contract.

16. James

January 23, 2018 at 8:52 am

How are you sure it wasn’t Linda Ikeji that put her up to this? That one is always looking for sensational stories that would boost her blog’s page views.

• RIFF RAFF

January 23, 2018 at 11:18 am

It is to distract readers from her brother in law’s (Ogbonna Kanu) ish. Seems like Amara’s call out embarrassed them big time. It’s like Linda wasn’t very much in support of the marriage but respected her lil sis’decision. First the embarrassment from Ogbonna’s first wife, now this.

• Buhari Bu Ndi Ojor

January 23, 2018 at 12:36 pm

@James, Linda put her up to this? Hear yourself. Is she a baby? A woman of 4oyrs. Association with Freeze can make any sane person loose it.

@Riff Raff, to think I thot you were sensible.

• Udegbunam Chukwudi

January 23, 2018 at 9:01 pm

Na wa oh. Gist don dey shift go Linda Ikeji brother in law mess. ????????

17. kemi

January 23, 2018 at 10:00 am

Victim of what? What is the moral/essence of this interview? What did we take or learn from it? That her ex-husband is gay? She just gave me her personal gist but not the proper perspective to learn anything from. This story should have been coined differently. She should have positioned all the elements differently so she comes out looking like a victim. It might have been been the journalist’s fault as it was just coined to sound sensational rather than impactful. All I get is her justification for marrying Freeze and an attempt to embarrass her ex-husband. Confused souls. It is important to know that no one cares if you divorce and remarry, you won’t be the only one leaving one husband and marrying the next…i.e. if this was an attempt to justify your decision.

18. Omo Oba

January 23, 2018 at 11:44 am

OK

19. CrazyWorld

January 23, 2018 at 12:33 pm

If a man should come out to say his wife is a lesbian and they had sex 11 times in 10 years, you commenters wouldn’t be so fruity would you?

20. shabba

January 23, 2018 at 3:29 pm

Aponle ni Chef. Caterer ni caterer n je. Chef ko. Iya eleba ni.

21. omomo

January 23, 2018 at 11:17 pm

yes mentioning your baby fathers name was uncalled for ..they kids will bear the consequences ., .she is doing this knowing how homophobic this country is but the stigma will transfer to the kids you had with him because we are not that empathetic here to separate the two …she has once written to his company to have him fired but that is a foreign company and they were just baffled …her lover also publicly shamed his ex wife and mother of his kids calling her useless and what not …so i believe he pushed her to do same so they can be balanced so to speak ..these saintly lovebirds have both been traumatised by very bad exes ..lol… i wish her well and we await paul’s own side of this story …no sober man would have ever encouraged his fiancee to do this but “freeze” is special so…..

22. Simi

January 24, 2018 at 12:51 am

I get your pain and regardless of your new situation will never diminish that sort of pain. Yet, in the Nigeria we have today I will never support outing a gay person. It is literally a matter of life and death for them and their friends (cause people will generalize too).

Never.

23. Hea

February 22, 2018 at 8:08 am

Your children still bears Odekina.
    Benedicta you went too far in putting this story out in a social media.if your ex did all that,your children still bears Odekina.you would have moved on with your life..when the going was good,your ex gave you the best of life and empowered you with millions of Niara..this is a wrong move. You would have applied wisdom.