Music

Egweji! ? D’Banj conferred with Cheiftaincy Title in Imo state

BellaNaija.com

Nigerian singer and entertainer, D’Banj has been conferred with a chieftaincy title in Imo State.

The veteran artist who famously sang about being conferred with a chieftaincy title everywhere he visits was conferred with the title of “Enyi Ka Nwanne of Amuzi Obowo” in Obowo LG of Imo State.

He shared the photos on his Instagram page and wrote:

2018 Happiness ?, …It’s Another One♨️?, Egweji ??? “The Enyi Ka Nwanne of Amuzi Obowo.”, 2018 starting like…??♨️???

See Photos below:

Egweji! ? D'Banj conferred with Cheiftaincy Title in Imo state Egweji! ? D'Banj conferred with Cheiftaincy Title in Imo state Egweji! ? D'Banj conferred with Cheiftaincy Title in Imo state Egweji! ? D'Banj conferred with Cheiftaincy Title in Imo state

Photo Credit: Instagram – @iambangalee

1. Nedum

January 5, 2018 at 2:25 pm

Why are the igbo’s abusing the culture by selling out chieftaincy tittle.
    Disapointing though….. Hian…

• Nicole

January 5, 2018 at 11:45 pm

I thought as much; it is awkward and inappropriate. The titles are meant for elderly and well respected Igbo men. He is totally out of place.

2. Avocado

January 5, 2018 at 2:29 pm

Love D’Banj, but what does he need another Cheiftaincy title for?

3. Curious mind

January 5, 2018 at 2:37 pm

Please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. Don’t you have to come from the state to get a Chieftaincy title?

• Miss Fine

January 5, 2018 at 4:54 pm

I tire oh

• Temi

January 5, 2018 at 4:55 pm

Yes and also be Dbanj.

4. Person

January 5, 2018 at 4:07 pm

who chieftaincy title epp?

5. Festus

January 5, 2018 at 6:41 pm

This is my village. I am disappointed with Imo traditional rulers. They are abusing chieftency titles. They use it now to make money. Shame on them. No respect to the title again.

6. bukola

January 5, 2018 at 10:15 pm

chieftancy title is kind of appreciating someone about something he or she has been doing or kind of compensation..although Im not from to know the translation of the title……Congrats Dbanj

7. Dee

January 6, 2018 at 5:22 am

You don’t have to be elderly to bag a chieftaincy title. My in law has a couple of titles and he is quite young. He was given them because of achievements or landmarks he made in the said communities. FYI, some of the elderly men buy their titles too

8. li

January 6, 2018 at 11:01 pm

The interpretation of his title if I m not wrong is ‘ A frien that is better than a brother ‘ of Amuzo Obodowo (the name of the village)
    lol . My country ,my country lol