Music

JAY-Z’s “Family Feud” Music Video is everything you expect it to be with Beyonce, David Oyelowo & many MORE Stars | Watch

BellaNaija.com

A couple of days ago JAY-Z released the teaser for his song “Family Feud and now the official video is here.

The over 7 minute video was directed by Ava DuVernay and features celebrities like America Ferrera, Jessica Chastain, Thandie Newton, Michael B. Jordan, Omari Hardwick, David Oyelowo, Susan Kelechi Watson, Brie Larson, Constance Wu, Niecy Nash, Rosario Dawson, Rashida Jones, Mindy Kaling and more to act out scenes of adultery, political turmoil and murder.

The video also features Beyonce and Blue Ivy.

Beyonce, Jay-Z, Blue Ivy – Family Feud
Credit: Tidal/Twitter

“Family Feud” drew attention after the album’s release for its reference to Becky, the mistress mentioned on Beyoncé’s Lemonade.

The video tells a story over more than 400 years, beginning in the year 2444 and going backwards to the present day of 2018

Watch the video below.

1. 'Deola

January 6, 2018 at 12:33 am

Who cares about a family feud when the DOW keeps rising? Until the DOW crashes and the economy thanks, there won;t be any soul searching. It is a Trumpian world and he rules it. #MAGA

2. Baby ❤️

January 6, 2018 at 4:09 am

Abeg we aren’t no longer interested…

3. Amaa

January 6, 2018 at 8:01 am

Confused ?. I don’t know there is just something off about this music video . Maybe because I am not a fan of either 2. I respect their hustle but mehnn they will sell their offspring for fame if they have to. Kai

4. Amaka

January 6, 2018 at 8:10 am

I object to that…They are a notoriously private couple. They don’t clamor for fame like that. They actually do a lot to avoid it….

5. Ec

January 6, 2018 at 10:40 am

I loved it. Well written and directed

6. tosyn anthony

January 6, 2018 at 11:02 am

Beautiful video

7. Angel

January 6, 2018 at 12:17 pm

I don’t understand the imagery, i guess, maybe I’m not artistic enough… to me this sh*t is lame….

8. June

January 6, 2018 at 1:13 pm

I beg to differ . they are !! It’s all strategic . It’s the good ol give them a little taste so they clamor for more .

9. Mummy yoma

January 6, 2018 at 2:03 pm

And here I was thinking jay z and beyonce are different from kim.

• Jade

January 6, 2018 at 7:06 pm

Well, at least jay z and Bey both have musical talent and a career they’ve nurtured for years.
      I don’t understand the video or the message. But I’m loving blue ivy’s Hair.

10. Letty

January 6, 2018 at 5:10 pm

This is sickening, this voracious need and whoremongering for fame. The video is tacky. If they don’t curse they are not happy.

11. bella

January 6, 2018 at 6:19 pm

They should just come back and finish the video first before I say what’s on my mind

12. tiana

January 6, 2018 at 7:16 pm

this is boring – hooray she stayed with a man who cheated on her – how many women have done that – ask my mother and her friends – do or die- nothing new – don’t want to hear it – its not creative nor inspring

13. Gbryte

January 6, 2018 at 7:59 pm

Creative way to express opinions about America’s political terrain. Family

14. Susie

January 7, 2018 at 1:18 am

Very artistic and lovely video for these times (when there is so much polarization in the world). I liked how futuristic it was & showed black people in positions of power in future. Something about that made me want to watch Black Panther when it comes out lol. My favorite part was the ‘Founding Mothers’ drawing up a New Constitution. Funny thing is that when I saw only women as lawmakers, I felt that it was ‘odd’ till I remembered that only men drew up the current American Constitution! I love things that flip the script in this manner.

• Akpeno

January 8, 2018 at 6:15 pm

Yes Susie! You get it!

15. Akpeno

January 8, 2018 at 6:14 pm

The message is clear but for only those who want to see it….

The message is far bigger than JAY Z and Beyonce…..Listen and you just might get the message.