It’s Easter weekend and Mama Onga has the perfect recipe for you and your family to celebrate the special holiday. This simple prawn stir-fry rice is easy to make and highly nutritious. Here’s how to cook the meal using Onga from start to finish.
- Red, Yellow & Green bell pepper
- Green peas
- Curry and Thyme
- Soy Sauce
- Crushed Chili
- Vegetable oil
- Onions (Chopped)
- Onga Ginger, Onion and Garlic (Onga GOG)
- Onga Classic
- In a pot, combine rice and water with just a little salt. Bring to a boil and Pour the parboiled rice into a sieve, and set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat. Pour in vegetable oil, then pour washed prawns.
- Stir for a few minutes until the prawns are well cooked.
- Pour out the cooked prawns and set aside.
- In the same work, pour in oil, then stir-fry the vegetables one after the other. Starting with onions, then carrots, bell peppers, and peas; cook for about 30 seconds. Add the cooked prawns and stir for few seconds.
- Add spices – crushed chili, curry, thyme & soy sauce.
- Add Onga Ginger, Onion & Garlic and Onga Classic.
- Stir in parboiled rice and toss rice to coat and leave to steam for a few minutes.
- Serve with chicken/fish/beef or any other protein of your choice.