News

Tomi Adeyemi’s “Children of Blood and Bone” becomes Number 1 on New York Times Bestseller List

BellaNaija.com

Tomi Adeyemi's "Children of Blood and Bone" becomes Number 1 on New York Times Bestseller List - BellaNaijaTomi Adeyemi, author of young adult fantasy novel “Children of Blood and Bone” has even more to be happy about.

Her book is number 1 on the New York Times Young Adult Hardcover Best Sellers list!

Adeyemi, who already signed a ginormous movie deal for her book, shared the news on her Twitter.

She wrote:

A year ago today I got to shout that I was going to be a published author Today you guys made #ChildrenofBloodandBone number 1 again To everybody who’s supported this story in any way, I can’t say thank you enough ????????? Thank you for making this dream come true!!!

So happy for her!

1. CarinaKJacob

March 29, 2018 at 4:52 pm

Congratulations girl! I’m so happy for you.
    I’m inspired.
    Can’t wait for my first book to be published and released this year!

2. 'Diddie

March 29, 2018 at 5:00 pm

Wow…Congratulation, I hope I get to be a published authour too

3. Joseph

March 29, 2018 at 5:25 pm

Congratulations my dear , wishing you all the best , more to come beauty and brain

4. Cynthia

March 29, 2018 at 8:11 pm

Congratulations

5. Sandra

March 29, 2018 at 8:12 pm

I’m so happy for you dear

6. Yetty Baby

March 29, 2018 at 11:42 pm

Go girl. Proud of you! I have placed this book on hold at my local library. I think people are really interested in reading it. For example, I am #21 on the queue for this book at my local library. I downloaded a free excerpt from her website (after watching her on Good Morning America) and I noticed that the book is spiritual somehow, so I’m not sure if I will let my kids read but I am sure going to read. There are lots of deities including Sango, Yemoja, etc., and I am not sure I know how to explain those to my children. I am noticing that the world is now embracing books/movies on African mythologies as science fiction. All those scary juju books and movies we had those days (e..g., Fagunwa’s Ogboju Ode ninu Igbo Irumole and Fadeyi Oloro and Jimoh Aliu movies) will pass as science fiction for oyinbos :). But really, I think that the line between Afro-spiritualism and science fiction is blurry.

• tunmi

March 30, 2018 at 4:49 pm

I don’t find it blurry at all. If we (not saying you specifically) can ready or watch Harry Potter or even any Disney film with magic, then we can also watch and read our own contents and not demonize them as evil

• memebaby

April 1, 2018 at 8:18 am

if you are open to listening to your books.. why not try audible..by amazon.. i think you get 2 free credits for 2 books….

7. Mobiyoung.

January 12, 2019 at 12:13 am

This book is in court for copyright infringement. It should not be shown till the court case is over.

8. Mobiyoung.

January 12, 2019 at 12:15 am

This book is in court for copyright infringements. The editor should ask questions before all these exposure.

9. Mobiyoung.

January 12, 2019 at 12:20 am

It’s all online with another writer, to say who copied whose book. I find it strange that Bellanaija is not following current events with the standard they say they have