News

Ugandan MP advises Men to Beat their Wives

BellaNaija.com

Ugandan MP advises Men to Beat their Wives - BellaNaija“As a man, you need to discipline your wife,” Ugandan MP Onesimus Twinamasiko said on Ugandan national TV NTV.

Twinamasiko said this concerning the comments by Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni who said men who beat women are cowards.

“You need to touch her a bit, you tackle her, beat her somehow to really streamline her,” Twinamasiko continued.

Criticism had quickly followed his comments, with people calling for his removal as an MP on social media.

Twinamasiko, trying to clarify his comments to BBC, said he didn’t mean beatings that could lead to injuries and deaths. He said:

I don’t mean beatings which cause injuries or death – but a slap – I would feel fine! Because it’s calling me to order. We would sit down and sort it out.

I was slapped once by my wife and it was OK with me, because we sorted out our differences. I also slapped her once. She had wronged me.

1. Amaa

March 13, 2018 at 10:36 pm

Drops mic .I can’t even deal. Uncle you are in an abusive marriage if both of you are sorting out your issues with slaps. Nah wah oh since when did women become drums that it has become important to be beating them upandan. Kai this one is clearly an animal and should be returned to his brothers in the jungle

2. Babym

March 13, 2018 at 10:37 pm

Just look at his rumpled face mscheew

3. Buki

March 13, 2018 at 11:48 pm

“he didn’t mean beatings that could lead to injuries and deaths” …lol!

This man is a fool!

4. privacyplease

March 13, 2018 at 11:57 pm

Someone should beat his ugly a–. AND he should be forced to resign!

5. wifematerial

March 14, 2018 at 12:11 am

Take this animal to his original habitat

• Tinktink

March 14, 2018 at 2:51 am

And shoot it

6. Rachel

March 14, 2018 at 12:13 am

Doctrines straight from hell.

7. Fizzy

March 14, 2018 at 12:50 am

Lol. This world is full of mad people. Nothing seems to faze me these days. When l come across silliness, l just laugh. Growth.

8. O ma se o!

March 14, 2018 at 1:34 am

Instead of being angry with him, let us pray for his wife. She needs people to pray that this man does not take her life some day.

9. nwa nna

March 14, 2018 at 1:59 am

Fela said it long time ago.. “Animal in human skin”
    You couldn’t make up the fvckery you hear from so called African leaders..

• YEAH I said it

March 14, 2018 at 3:15 pm

Lmfaoooo Fela that used to give his wives slaps on the regular

10. nnenne

March 14, 2018 at 3:21 am

Does he have daughters and/ or sisters?

• Judith Oleka-Onyegbosi

March 15, 2018 at 1:52 pm

If he has sisters, they probably believe, support and enable his abusive way of thinking and acting. The way he reasons is a reflection of his background- so his sisters will be no different. In most cases of domestic violence, when you report to the abusers family, they ask you stupid questions like, “but you must be doing something to annoy him, what did you do?”. To them, there are justifications for domestic violence.
      He needs to be removed as an MP. He is unworthy to have that position with that sick and oppressive mentality.

11. Letty

March 14, 2018 at 8:53 am

John and Chief be lovin’ this man, or nah?

• Mama

March 14, 2018 at 2:26 pm

Chief has not been sighted in a while. I hope all is well with him.

12. Papermom

March 14, 2018 at 11:12 am

When you got married, you got a spouse whom you are suppose to love and respect; not a child that you are now going to STRAIGHTEN OUT. You can’t straighten your spouse out, you can only reason with them.

13. Jennifer Okundia

March 14, 2018 at 12:14 pm

This man should be taken to the zoo after resigning. Domestic violence can never be ok no matter the format you use. To think that you are an Mp is so sad. What is bad is bad!!!

14. Dr.N

March 14, 2018 at 2:32 pm

Small beating people are shouting.
    He just wants to discipline her na
    This man is more intelligent than his president. He was chosen for his slapping skills. I say another term in office for him!
    ???

15. Audrey

March 14, 2018 at 3:38 pm

I appeal to you for my child Onesimus, whom I have begotten in my imprisonment, who formerly was useless to you but now is useful both to you and to me. Philemon 1 : 10-11

Unfortunately, this one is yet to be useful. kmt

16. AdamaziEvents

March 14, 2018 at 7:21 pm

I need a flight ticket to Uganda make I go beat him proper.

17. agreed!

March 14, 2018 at 7:54 pm

People in power do not seem to realise they are living behind a legacy whether they want to or not. This is not whatever is regarded as beer parlour in that country that this man is just misyarning:

one man said: one small step for man one giant leap for mankind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCt1BwWE2gA

another lady said: bring back our girls
    one man said free at last
    another man said: I have a dream

This ones legacy will ever be You need to touch her a bit, you tackle her, beat her somehow to really streamline her,” Twinamasiko continued

I give up! ok I agree on one condition. on the wife’s birthday and on their wedding anniversary, the males in the wives family should come together and tackle and streamline this man for 2hours. I will add every new years day so as to be sure he is still in line.. Should the wife have no males in their family, she is allowed to have a male as her champion of the same size and fighting skillset of her abuser of her hubby.

People like this when they see well muscled men ready to touch them a bit slap and beat him to streamline, they tend to mellow and prefer to reason things out like adults. But if its their wife they need to slap and be slapped, Bear in mind Uganda is as backward as parts of northern Nigerian where girls are married of as young as 11.. Will a 16yr old married to a 36yr old slap the husband??? pschew

Dabanza man! I am sooo angry right now. Thank God the women are speaking up. It would have been better for the man to just drink several cups of water and feign choking than give such a stooped answer, forever to be known as his legacy. Anumanu

18. Oma

March 15, 2018 at 2:40 am

Seriously though .. where is Chief ? Hope all is well with him cos no one has sighted his comments in a long time