BN TV

Terry Crews’ speech on Toxic Masculinity is so Powerful | WATCH

BellaNaija.com

Terry Crews' speech on Toxic Masculinity is so Powerful | WATCH on BN TV | BellaNaija

Terry Crews

Terry Crews had back in 2017 shared how he was sexually harassed at a function by a Hollywood executive.

Speaking before the US Senate Judiciary Committee on Capitol Hill on Tuesday about the “Sexual Assault Survivors’ Bill of Rights,” the actor gave a powerful speech condemning toxic masculinity.

Crews shared his personal story of growing up under an abusive father, and how he vowed never to be like him.

He shared how he grew up to become someone who, unknowingly, felt women were beneath him, and how he used his power and authority to donate women, making them feel less human.

He recounted the story of his abuse, how his abuser holding his genitals in his hands meant him saying he had all the power.

The assault lasted only minutes, but what he was effectively telling me when he held my genitals in his hand was that he held the power. That he was in control. This is how toxic masculinity permeates culture.

See below:

See the full speech below:

1. Seriously

June 28, 2018 at 1:38 pm

No words can express how proud I am of Terry crews. I’ve been waiting for the time when black men speak up about issues affecting them. It’s easy to always overlook them.and expect them to macho it up.
    Shame on cowards like 50 cent and men who laugh at the pain of other men

2. John

June 28, 2018 at 4:16 pm

On a very good day ..I always support men like this but as soon as I saw bunch of the usual man hating feminists also hailing and prasing him …Immediatly , I know something is amiss and there is a trojan horse available.

And finally I found it MASCULINITY and I say no wonder .

A gay man assulted you and you are blaming masculinity.

No no no dear crews

The problem in your case is ” toxic homosexuality”.

But you cant say that bcos of pc and Hollywood which are filled with faggots.

No wonder they are prasing you. Meanwhile, alot of straight guys can see through that bullshit.

You can’t say toxic homosexuality. So as usual , you cowardly blame masculinity which leads to patrachy .

The same as the western media that hides the report that hides tge information there is a great increase in violence between lesbian couples than heterosexual couples.

But because it didn’t favour their toxic and victimhood narrative….they try as much as possible to surpress it..

So,If Terry Crews isn’t willing to accurately identify the source of all the toxicity he experienced in Hollywood he needs to STFU. Stop beating around the bush. If he was mugged by 2 black midgets would he not describe them as such to police, or would he deflect as he’s doing now?

• Chi

June 29, 2018 at 2:29 am

Brother John, was that the only thing he said? I would encourage you to truthfully take some time to reflect and look within YOURSELF. Work on ANY aspect of toxic masculinity you may unconsciously slip out in your words actions or deeds bro. Every man should.

• John

June 29, 2018 at 8:13 am

Chi June 29, 2018 at 2:29 am
      Sister chi, was that the only thing I said? I would encourage you to truthfully take some time to reflect and look within YOURSELF. Work on ANY aspect of toxic femininity you may unconsciously slip out in your words actions or deeds Sis. Every Woman should.

• ify

June 29, 2018 at 10:46 am

Chai chim o
      JOHN OO when ever am bored I enjoyed cominng to BN just to read your comments kia you funny sha

3. John

June 28, 2018 at 4:16 pm

4. Peace

June 28, 2018 at 6:03 pm

Very impressive ….bless his heart.

5. Engoz

June 28, 2018 at 7:16 pm

Where is Chief? He should come and learn how to be a man and rid himself of toxic masculinity. I remember using that phrase and Chief wanted to kill me, lmao. Funny guy.