Sweet Spot

Tia Mowry shows off 7 Weeks Postpartum Body with an Inspiring & Relatable Message!

BellaNaija.com

Hollywood star Tia Mowry in a recent Instagram post, showed off her 7 weeks postpartum body along with a message saying she hasn’t gotten her pre-baby body back but she is embracing the slow progress and loves herself just the way she is.

Although it takes a some people a few days or weeks to get their postpartum snapback, it may take others a longer time and Tia is letting us know that’s fine.

She wrote:

7 weeks #postpartum. Some #pregnant women after giving birth no longer have a belly after 7 weeks. While others it may take a little longer. Me, I’m the latter. I remember after giving birth to Cree, my belly didn’t all of a sudden go flat. I did have a C-Section, (as well as with my second pregnancy) and I thought something was wrong with me. I had seen in magazines the many women on the beach a few weeks #postpartum in a two piece. To be honest, it had to take time for me to embrace my new body. With this second pregnancy, I now have embraced that fact that I’ve housed a human being. A miracle. A life. If it takes a while for me to get back to my normal self, than so be it. This.Is.Me. And I love me. ❤️ #momlife #motherhood #7weeks

1. Isha

June 25, 2018 at 10:13 am

Thanks for keeping it real Tia. I had a C Section too and it has been 14months postpartum yet my tummy isnt back to normal. I have learnt to embrace my new body.

2. Ms B

June 25, 2018 at 11:25 am

Thanks Tia. 10 months post partum and I’m huge!!???

3. OA

June 25, 2018 at 3:00 pm

Yep! Still don’t understand how Princess Kate was able to gobble that belly down on time for awon Harry’s wedding….I know it wasn’t C-section but still, just a few weeks after the belly jus disparu’d!

• Anon

June 25, 2018 at 3:59 pm

Some people are like that. My sisters’ In law are the same. The next day their tummies were flat.

• Ajala & Foodie

June 26, 2018 at 3:21 am

@OA, someone saw me in Church yesterday and commented on how i was one of the fortunate ones. Mind you although i did not have my baby via cs, a week later i was having emergency surgery and might as well have had her through CS. I have however lost a ton of weight, all from the stress of having a new born baby. I am back to my pre baby weight (even less sef). My belly however, is helped along by the great spanks but darn in clothes it looks mega flat!!! My baby is 2 months +

• Ephi

June 26, 2018 at 7:30 am

I’m so thankful to read your comment Ajala & Foodie!! You have been on my prayer list and hearing this has made my day. God bless the little one, congrats to you and hubby!

• Ify

June 26, 2018 at 8:15 am

OMG Congratulations Ajala & Foodie. Good news!

• Ajala & Foodie

June 26, 2018 at 3:32 pm

@ Ephi, awww Thank you sooo much!!!

• Ephi

June 26, 2018 at 6:26 pm

☺️ Don’t mention! We thank God.

4. OS

June 25, 2018 at 10:39 pm

Mine was flat after about 3 weeks, but when my baby’s appetite increased , I started eating late cos if night breastfeeding. Its over 10 months and I still have a pouch.

5. Anon Too

June 26, 2018 at 7:45 am

Women and their body obsession! Well, guess what? You are no longer the old you. Just enjoy your (hopefully healthy) baby and embrace your new life and body! SMH

6. OA

June 28, 2018 at 2:47 pm

@Ajala and Foodie! Wow, sorry for what you endured immediately after childbirth, but good for you that you’ve gone back to pre baby weight. Yeah, you are definitely one of the fortunate ones oh. Stomuck nor dey disappear jus like that.