Young entrepreneurs and business leaders from across the African continent will gather in Lagos for the 3rd edition of the Under 40 CEOs Forum holding at Eko Hotels and Suites, Victoria Island, on Thursday, December 6th, 2018.
Date: Thursday, December 6th, 2018
Venue: Eko Hotels and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos
Under 40 CEOs Forum (a live interactive event) is an extension of the Under 40 CEOs Television Show. The forum offers a unique opportunity for current and aspiring CEOs to meet, share ideas and collaborate to create economic value across the continent.
Convened and hosted by Familusi Akin Babajide (FAB), Executive Director – Africa, Under 40 CEOs, this year’s forum is themed “Wealth Creation, Management and Inclusion – Innovative Strategies To Induce Economic Prosperity.”
The 2018 forum will also include the launch of the book “Under 40 CEOs: How We Made It In Africa – Volume 1.” It is a 220-page book featuring insights from the stories of 52 young African business leaders from Nigeria, Ghana and South Africa.
According to FAB: “About 500 young aspiring business leaders are billed to attend the event, and an additional 10,000 young people will be joining the conversation via Facebook live on www.facebook.com/under40ceosafrica and also on Twitter.”
Like previous editions, 2018 Under 40 CEOs Forum will feature an array of notable speakers, including established professionals and technocrats, as well as emerging young business leaders from both the public and the private sector:
- Dr. Obiageli Ezekwesili is a chartered accountant who served as Federal Minister of Solid Minerals and then as Federal Minister of Education. Dr. Oby also served as the Vice-President of the World Bank’s Africa division. Ezekwesili was a 2018 nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize for her work in transparency in the extractive sector.
- Dr. Ola Brown is the CEO of Flying Doctors, an emergency air ambulance service with a pool of 20 aircraft and 44 doctors who deliver care en route to one of Nigeria’s hospitals. The company is the first air ambulance service in West Africa.
- Adeola Azeez is a seasoned banker with over 20 years of professional experience, more than half of which has been as Deputy Country Representative/Deputy Managing Director of Deutsche Bank Nigeria.
- Victor Ndukauba has a broad experience in investment research, Capital Raising, Financial Advisory, and Asset Management. He began his career with the Corporate Finance Business Unit at the Lagos office of PriceWaterhouseCoopers. Victor is the Deputy Managing Director at Afrinvest West Africa.
- Akin Oyebode is a former banker, strategist and social commentator. He is the pioneer Executive Secretary of the Lagos State Employment Trust Fund. Before his appointment, Akin was the head of SME at Stanbic IBTC Bank.
About Under 40 CEOs
Under 40 CEOs launched on TVC Entertainment and TVC News on October 9th, 2015 and subsequently launched on Silverbird Television Network on January 13th, 2017 and has spotlighted inspiring young business leaders aged 40 and under from Nigeria, Ghana, and South Africa.
Business leaders that have been featured on the show include Aisha Pandor of Sweep South, South Africa, Adebola Williams of Red Media; Audu Maikori of Chocolate City Group; Tony Usidamen of Uburu Solutions; Noble Igwe of 360 Group; Bola Ray of EIB Networks; Alex Brahm of SMSGH; Oluyomi Ojo of Printivo whilst discovering inspiring CEOs like lawyer Aderemi Oguntoye of Oguntoye and Oguntoye; Senyo Hosi of Ghana Chambers of Bulk Oil Distributors; Abiola Adekoya of RMB Stockbrokers, Ran Neu Ner of The Creative Counsel, South Africa and Ade Adegoke of Oando Foundation amongst others.
With over 87 episodes till date, and serial entrepreneur, Familusi Akin Babajide (Mr. FAB), as the host, Under 40 CEOs has since gone on to inspire and motivate millions of would-be young business leaders across Africa to take action and join in the rebuilding and re-shaping of the African continent.
Under 40 CEOs currently reaches 7,500,000 viewers every week with a social media following of over 150,000 and growing with a cumulative social media content reach of over 8.6million.