BN TV

Here’s Why Pamela Anderson thinks the #MeToo Movement is ‘A Bit Too Much’ | Watch

BellaNaija.com

In a new episode of 60 Minutes Australia, actress Pamela Anderson gets candid about her feelings on the feminist movement.

According to the 51-year-old star, the #MeToo movement is a bit too much for her.

Knowing her comment might be controversial, she added: “I’m sorry, I’ll probably get killed for saying that.”

She says:

I think this feminism can go too far. I’m a feminist, but I think that this third wave of feminism is a bore. I think it paralyzes men.

Pamela Anderson also shared her thoughts about the movement, especially about Harvey Weinstein and his accusers.

My mother taught me: Don’t go into a hotel with a stranger. And if someone answers the door in a bathrobe and it’s supposed to be a business meeting, maybe I should go with somebody else…I think that some things are just common sense. Or if you go in, get the job. I’m Canadian…I’m sorry, I’m not politically correct, maybe.

The description for this episode of the show reads:

Twenty-five years ago, a skimpy red swimsuit, a slow-motion camera and a Californian beach rocketed Pamela Anderson to worldwide fame. While most people couldn’t keep their eyes off her on the TV show Baywatch, there was something they didn’t see – her extraordinary commitment to animal rights and social justice. These days Anderson is a genuinely powerful political “mover and shaker”, with leaders like Russian President Vladimir Putin happy to take her calls. She is also having an unusual love affair with the Australian founder of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange.

Watch below.

1. Nana

November 8, 2018 at 2:32 pm

Of course she does. No surprises here. She has never been known for being particularly bright, has she?

• Anan

November 8, 2018 at 6:34 pm

Define bright? Did you read what she said or just jumped into conclusion?

• seriously

November 9, 2018 at 12:28 am

She actually has a point. Some women make terrible, irrational decisions for themselves but turn around to play victim. They are aware that sex sells, their body can be used as a tool. I will never agree and understand rape and minors who are the real victims. If you are an adult, a man is doing something you don’t like or agree with speak up. You can’t inititate, seduce, entertain, participate, engage the moment then say smth different later.
      However, this doesnt take away from perpretrator, some of these men are perverted, controlling and evil.

2. yessss

November 8, 2018 at 2:38 pm

I totally agree with her! Its becoming way too much, half the time I dont know who is telling the truth too! its a whole mess & I genuinely believe some women are now milking it . Im sure not all the men accused are guilt free but some must have succumbed too cause they got the green light and was just thinking with another part of their body rather than their head! Im over the movement tbh! Next pleaseee!

3. lami

November 8, 2018 at 4:22 pm

I totally agree with her, some of the accusations are beginning to sound and look ridiculous

4. Patrick

November 8, 2018 at 6:26 pm

Finally, a woman who is fair! Smart lady. I’m now a fan

5. Patrick

November 8, 2018 at 10:43 pm

Finally a fair lady, I’m a fan.

6. TheRealist

November 9, 2018 at 2:17 am

Ditzy blonde!

And yes, I read what she said, which leads me to ask what exactly some people likely making up stories have to do with feminism? SMH ?‍♀️