Scoop

What People Are Saying about Busola Dakolo’s Rape Allegation Against Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo

No one saw today coming, did they?

A lot has been said of Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo of the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA). It was in 2013 we first heard from Ese Walter, who shared how the pastor exploited her sexually.

After the allegation, the church released a statement, promising a robust reply. It’s six years later, and we still wait.

Singer Timi Dakolo, at the end of May 2019 (and 2018, too) dropped a cryptic post on his Instagram, referencing a pastor who has been using his position to sexually abuse women. Although the pastor was unnamed, the (2019) post made it a little clear that pastor was Pastor Biodun.

Now Busola Dakolo, photographer and Timi Dakolo’s wife, sat with Chude Jideonwo to share how the pastor allegedly raped her before she was even in the university, and the church was still in Ilorin.

She was 17, in the choir. He was the senior pastor. He was a father figure to her. And, one morning, he allegedly arrived at her home to rape her. And that was only the first time.

“You should be happy I’m the one that did this to you,” the pastor allegedly said. “You should be happy a man of God disvirgined you.”

It’s wild.

The church is yet to release a statement, but here’s what people on social media are saying:

Photo Credit: Twitter

1. Californiabawlar

June 28, 2019 at 2:17 pm

Bella my Bella! Immediately I got the link in my family group chat, I just KNEW y’all would have posted it! ?
    You keep your foot on this mans neck and I LOVE IT.
    Nice to see y’all actually not protecting celebrities every now and then ☺️

Meanwhile Pastor Oloju Washe Washe is as usual drafting his robust silent response.

• Priscilla Adeyemi

June 29, 2019 at 1:13 am

Lmaoooo pastor oloju washe washe

2. Funke

June 28, 2019 at 4:02 pm

This guy mean……. he is horrible. How can you question the fact that a former cultist who probably raped girls in the past and was never brought to justice will not continue to do it especially now that he has fame, money and power? Really? Just because he claims to be under ‘an anointing’? The guy needs help but first he needs to be brought to justice. God is not a God of injustice.

3. dannyboboh

June 28, 2019 at 11:18 pm

so sad he did that to her, I know she is telling the truth and I can feel it in my gut

4. Larz

June 29, 2019 at 1:42 pm

well here it is.

if anyone has been raped by this man. here is their opportunity to speak out. the more ppl opens up about it, the less likely it is that it can be swept underneath the rug. his family, friends, colleagues and church member will be forced to say the truth. each story that comes out will likely chip away at his supporter.

speak out ppl so this man can be brought to justice. it is time someone is brought to justice in Nigeria about raping

5. Naira Marley Biography

June 29, 2019 at 3:36 pm

Wao

6. Oyinloye david

June 29, 2019 at 4:30 pm

If pastor Biodun still denies raping her, then why not taking her to court if the allegations not true.

7. Ify

June 29, 2019 at 5:12 pm

Stop crictising this man if you weren’t there.. If all the accusations are correct, don’t you see a possibility that maybe he wasn’t a true born again then.. Holding a mic in congregation doesn’t mean you are born of the spirit.. For me, I prefer proves than mere talking, a record phone call can do..

8. Ifiokobong Ibanga

June 30, 2019 at 12:29 pm

I don’t believe he did this… How can a church pastor commit such an atrocity? I condemn rape in totality and this is purely unacceptable in Church. I suggest this case be tried in a court of law and if guilty, he should face the consequences.

9. Attah

July 1, 2019 at 7:45 am

This Busola story is very pathetic and feel sorry for the trauma she has being through. I pray God will heal her from inside out