Movies & TV

“If we need to, let us scatter the place” – COZA Member Akah Nnani on Rape Allegation Against Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo

Actor and YouTuber Akah Nnani has reacted to the Busola Dakolo interview where she revealed that she was raped by Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA) Senior Pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo.

She alleged that Fatoyinbo raped her twice in one week when she was 16.

Busola is the second woman to openly talk about her abuse in the hands of Fatoyinbo. First was media personality Ese Walter.

Busola is a photographer and wife of singer Timi Dakolo who had always spoken out against an “Abuja Pastor” who assaults his members, including minors.

Read Akah’s statement below:

I woke up to several missed calls, and text messages. My friends know my relationship with @cozaglobal.
Let me say this. COZA is my church. I love my pastor… But rape, is a serious issue. My stomach churns as I write this. I spoke with @timidakolo a week ago and tried to understand why he had taken a stance against my pastor. I had just come back from honeymoon when all my friends sent me his attacks to my pastor a few weeks ago.
I sought to understand, not to attack. I was under so much turmoil too because this is my church, my pastor, and I cannot go around like nothing is happening and the church isn’t addressing anything or re-assuring the members.

We must not see evil and cover it. We must not see evil and turn the other way. You all know me. I attack and speak out against corrupt political leaders everytime. Well, this has hit home. Our leaders and our fathers must be held accountable. And they must deem us worthy to be answerable to. If we cannot clean in the church, forget it. We cannot clean the country. I am tired of hearing so much, so much rubbish about my church and leadership over the years especially cos of the industry I belong to, nothing passes our ears behind the scene.

My pastor @biodunfatoyinbo has to say something this time. If the rest of the church does not need it, I need it. For my sake, sir… Speak on this.
I stand with @busoladakolo as she has spoken her truth. I stand with the body of christ also. I ask that my pastor come out and speak his own truth.

I am praying for the church. Please let us pray for both the Dakolo and the Fatoyinbo families. (wife and kids). In the end, if we need to, let us scatter the place… Then the truth will stand up. ?

1. London

June 28, 2019 at 12:10 pm

See probably somewhere reading this bombshell while,eating suya and drinking krest…. ?

2. London

June 28, 2019 at 12:11 pm

Ese probably somewhere reading this bombshell while,eating suya and drinking krest…. ?

3. Labady

June 28, 2019 at 12:12 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Yem

June 28, 2019 at 1:18 pm

Well spoken

5. Seri

June 28, 2019 at 2:05 pm

My pastor this, my pastor that. So, people expect him to confess and agree or what. Predators are manipulators, sometimes they don’t even see what they do wrong, they give several excuses. The victims already spoke out, too many saying the same story.
    He needs to be demoted first, he doesn’t deserve to be pastor let alone lead anyone. The church nowadays is the satan’s playground.
    So people, be loyal to Christ not any human being.
    Holy spirit has left majority of churches nowadays.
    My prayer is, God will continue to expose the lies, deception, wickedness and people using HIS name in vain and justify their evil ways.

6. OA

June 28, 2019 at 2:36 pm

I stand with Busola too. People who live their lives with integrity who one day come out and make such allegations should be taken seriously. What does she have to gain? In the scheme of things who is Fatoyinbo that she will just come out and say things like this against him? If we even say this was before he became “jimjim” in the Lord, Ese’s account (years ago) was of more recent encounters, way after he had established the church. A ma wa ri nkan oh!

It takes the grace of God. Being a pastor requires full commitment and serious flesh deprivation. Das why I don’t blame one American pastor who decided was it last year or so to step down from his pastorship. He headed a megachurch oh. Let me give you example of what my pastor preached last Sunday. He asked, “why do you think I only spend 30 minutes at your events that you invite me to?” His answer to his own question: All that music that you will be playing. He said at times he has to do self-deliverance to get the music out of his head. LOL! He said when he wakes up on Sunday morning instead of Godly music to fill his head, it is the music you were playing at your party, that will come into his head. He also said, he used to visit one barber to cut his hair and that the kain conversations that used to happen in that barber’s shop was just too much. He found that after leaving the barber’s, he would continue to ponder the conversations in his mind. Fortunately, he found a Christian barber and has been going there since.

Apostle Paul broke it down. Romans 7:15-20. Nor be beans to be pastor oh. But if you choose to lead a flock, you must be fully committed! You cannot be dabbling into sin and Bible at the same time.

• Dee A

June 28, 2019 at 7:48 pm

This is too on point!

7. Tolu

June 28, 2019 at 2:46 pm

God bless you soo much Akah.
    this is the position i expect all well meaning and right thinking individuals to take.
    it’s all alleged- for now- but no, rape is not to be taken lightly.
    its very understandable that the church members might find it hard to reconcile the news with their loving pastor ( and i hear his teachings are great) but at the end of the day, even the devil knows the bible.
    these allegations have been made. its not a “touch not my annointed matter” its a lets get to the root of this and investigate matter, and if its true, then he should face the law.. for Busola, and for everyone else that has been raped.
    Ese’s case is a little different in the sense that it was ‘somewhat consensual” howbeit her claim that she was brain washed. that’s a morality issue and personally, i would expect the church to ask anyone caught up in such to step aside. RAPE however is an offence! a crime!! and this wont just go away like others..

8. Miracle

June 28, 2019 at 4:32 pm

This is just terrible. Rape is not a small case… I fear that word eh, it has ruined many innocent people’s lives.

9. Californiabawlar

June 28, 2019 at 6:06 pm

Your stomach did not churn during Ese’s fallout.
    Your stomach did not churn when several women stepped up to corroborate her story.
    It’s now that your stomach is starting to churn ? Toh. I guess rape of a minor is where a lot of people draw the line. But lets give consideration the girls and women that could have been saved from the hands of this predator in the last six years.
    Nigerians need to listen to women! We all didn’t have to believe her on the spot, but he should have been pressured into giving a response to the accusations.
    Anyways, better late than never.

• Ajala & Foodie

June 28, 2019 at 10:07 pm

I said the same to my sister but she made me see that it is different when it is someone you know and can put your integrity on the line for. It may churn then but it is easy to blow it off. When it is someone you know personally and can vouch for, then it is a different ball game. The dude had to give a press release this time cos he is quickly realizing this is not Ese Walters. This one people know and are ready to put their integrity on the line for. Even when Timi came forward, the dude respond? Nope! But I got to give it to the Dakolo’s they were extremely strategic from Timi hinting, then out rightly calling him out. To who conducted the interview, even where the interview was conducted. There are many unspoken and subtle messages that we are all responding to here. I don’t know that much will come of it being 9ja but I can still hope and if nothing else every XX chromosome individual in the church or around him has been warned.

10. Ashie