Touch Of Sculpture: A Universe of Sensations by Vlisco

The new ‘Touch of Sculpture’ fabric collection from Vlisco teases the senses. Blink and look again – you’ll see the same thing twice, buton a different level. A double layer, seemingly rigid, flows in sync with the rapid movement of the fabric. The collection, a true celebration of textiles, embraces various textile techniques. Experience the passionate warmth of a soft colour scheme containing both romantic pinks and reds and subtle greens and blues, resulting in silky smooth combinations that can be blended endlessly. Express your femininity by donning the curved shapes of straight and bold designs. Controlled structures contrasted with light shades give the fabric the illusion of a third dimension. The fabric itself is an artistic tool that only needs your personal touch for the ultimate 3D creation. Adorn yourself in ‘Touch of Sculpture’ and express who you really are. This collection can also be enjoyed as part of the ‘Touch of Sculpture’ fashion & accessories collection available in Vlisco Boutiques starting end of August. In Nigeria, the collection is available at the Vlisco Store in Tinapa and other selected outlets.

Vlisco Touch of Sculpture Bella Naija002
Vlisco Touch of Sculpture Bella Naija003
Vlisco Touch of Sculpture Bella Naija004
Vlisco Touch of Sculpture Bella Naija005
Vlisco Touch of Sculpture Bella Naija006
Vlisco Touch of Sculpture Bella Naija007
Vlisco Touch of Sculpture Bella Naija008
Vlisco Touch of Sculpture Bella Naija009
Vlisco Touch of Sculpture Bella Naija010
Vlisco Touch of Sculpture Bella Naija011
Vlisco Touch of Sculpture Bella Naija012

42 Comments on Touch Of Sculpture: A Universe of Sensations by Vlisco
  • THE AMAKA August 24, 2009 at 10:59 pm

fabulous!!!!

the only thing i dont like is how fashion designers are trying to damage our culture.
    before you know it they will be saying that the material ankra is out of style and when someone wears it they will say probably a year from now that ankra is out of style.
    they are using it in this modern day fashion world and we know things dont last forever. styles come in and out.
    what will happen 3 years from now? will what we call our traditional clothes be “out of style”
    i cant really explain it but i hope you get what im saying.

• jules August 25, 2009 at 12:25 am

who designs these wonderful ans amazing styles???

• Glory Edozien
    Glory Edozien August 25, 2009 at 1:42 am

This is AMAZING stuff…i love, i want, i neeeeeddddd

• Derin August 25, 2009 at 2:26 am

loooooool…..i get ur point but i’d say ankara has been around for ages and will definitely evolve as the fashion world evolves….like it already is…..nobody does d traditional “iro and buba” anymore its been stepped up and made more flexible……

• niyi August 25, 2009 at 3:09 am

Glory, please when can we expect your next piece? That, I love, I want, I need…..

• Bola August 25, 2009 at 3:53 am

fab fab fab fab!

• Zenna August 25, 2009 at 4:26 am

scottish people used to wear skirts, english used to wear hundred layers of clothes and red indians some dramatic things. all that is gone with time….I mean the iro uses up more material (money) and it not totally confortable when you have to keep wrapping and unwrapping
    in this century we want convenience and am talking from experince babes my wrapper dropped once and i still get teased for it…so good ridance

• Elpee August 25, 2009 at 4:55 am

i love vliscos designs

• THE AMAKA August 25, 2009 at 5:20 am

good ridance? you dont care about losing your culture? this is not about something being comfortable.
    the modern wear of traditional clothes is different but its still cultural.
    it wont be long before white people see us still wearing ankara and saying its “out of style” becaues you know one style isnt forever.
    man they are trying to damage out culture and put a western twist on it. when this whole ankara craze is over i fear people wont wear it anymore because its no longer fashionable. they shouldnt have touched ankara in the first place.
    leave am for us now!!

• EGGONE August 25, 2009 at 6:11 am

@ The Amaka, JEEZ!!! How is Ankara ‘our culture’? my ‘cultural’ attire is not Ankara abeg.

• CGH August 25, 2009 at 6:25 am

Love them! Love them! creative and original.

• Woman Scorned August 25, 2009 at 10:29 am

Almost breath taking! Loved everything from the designs to the makeup! SO fab!! Well done to whoever was involved!!

• T August 25, 2009 at 12:45 pm

oh my.!Those are gorgeous

• Glory Edozien August 25, 2009 at 3:33 pm

@Niyi ….very very soon!!!

• BRIDGET OTUBOR August 25, 2009 at 5:00 pm

THIS IS CREATIVE

• eny August 25, 2009 at 6:37 pm

@THE AMAKA …. ppsshhh jst when i was thinking ”wow UNDENIABLY great & wearable designs” …… and expecting nothing but gd comments of appreciation … u totally ruined it 4 me …. why must pple like ALWAYS say sumn negative???????????? i knw u probly dnt mean it as i think …but tbh ur comment was completely unnecessary ….. jst appreciate or go and create ur own tailoring/design business if u’r so bothered about CULTURE !!!!! jeezz

• THE AMAKA August 26, 2009 at 1:08 am

oh hush!
    how is it negative? did i say i didnt like the designs? I LOVE THEM!
    get over yourself and stop giving yourself a heart attack.

• THE AMAKA August 26, 2009 at 1:13 am

@EGGONE
    stop looking for arguments. cant i just say something without you coming and LOOKING for something to say.
    who are yo sef?
    ankara may not be our culture but its what most west africans wear as an attire and we africans basically have been wearing ankara for ages now.
    stop looking for ways to start something.
    one person cannot comment without seeing your useless “EGGONE” below them talking about this and that.

• silkywave August 26, 2009 at 2:36 am

beautifulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.. love them all:)

• onyx August 26, 2009 at 10:15 am

FIERCE!!!!!!!!!

• onyx August 26, 2009 at 10:23 am

this is Hot….i can’t stop scrolling up n down …this must cost a lorrof bucks…I but i shall call upon my humble tailor Suru..this weekend..:) .

Bella has vexed oh…Well done!!!

• Shantelle August 26, 2009 at 12:46 pm

Beautiful as usual. The only “hic” I have is with the model’s appearance I would have liked to see a natural african beauty. To whom it may concern: Don’t take it too personal and please respect other people’s view point. Thank You.

• Michelle August 27, 2009 at 4:39 pm

These are the best designs that I have seen yet…LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

• 1st Anon August 28, 2009 at 1:05 am

How can one get these Vlisco designs in Lagos? My fiancee needs one or two of these..the last two are magical..so creative and different all of them..Bella pls expecting your answer about the Lagos part…thanks.

• jennietobbie August 28, 2009 at 3:54 am

I lack words…or should I say…words are yet to be invented to express these pics…..Way, way up Naija…..

• Gbo Gbo Bigz Girls August 28, 2009 at 9:45 am

WHO DA HELL IS VLISCO’S TAILOR…..I NEED DIGITS MEEEEENNNNN

• 1st Anon August 28, 2009 at 10:08 am

BELLA PLEASE GIVE US DETAILS AND CONTACTS OOO…WE ARE TIRED OF SALIVATING…LOL

• 1st Anon August 28, 2009 at 10:14 am

….plus he needs to start doing creative things for men as well…with stuff like this Ankara and African fashion definitely the future

• uguysramazn August 28, 2009 at 10:24 am

as in,u knw,beautifully made…nice one…

• uguysramazn August 28, 2009 at 10:26 am

plus i am feelin the shoes men…i want…

• Mina August 29, 2009 at 4:48 pm

OMG!! I want every single piece!! GORGE!!! Naija is really repping!! Love it!!

• Dewa August 29, 2009 at 6:07 pm

One word…’flawless’

• wale olooro gbogbo bigs boys August 29, 2009 at 11:20 pm

hahahaa..u don surrender b4 some1 go come hammer u..Anywayz,i donot see any thing wrong with the lady…she looks african if not nigerian..all d same she’z not white as in white..so every sounds nice…and even though she’z white,its a strategy,,we africans can relate to the fabric and foreigners relate to the chik..so datz hw bizness is done..winks

• J August 31, 2009 at 2:15 pm

But these are from the Netherlands or so. So how African can the models get?

• zainab September 1, 2009 at 3:09 pm

this is wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Xty September 9, 2009 at 3:42 pm

dis is beautiful,have always respected vlisco,both on the texture of thier fabrics and their lovely designs,they are always breath taking…….

• Abena September 22, 2009 at 10:42 pm

I would love to know the name of the Vlisco designer. Please oblige! thanks in advance

• Maia September 27, 2009 at 1:40 am

I cannot believe my eyes…..simply esquisite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• lpy vibes May 26, 2010 at 5:25 pm

dat last dress is just out of this world.who is dis designer for crying out loud.pls u r just wonderful.cudos.

• Aswata November 5, 2010 at 8:48 pm

Amazing! Decent, chic and elegant designs. Great job done. Kudos

• The Art of Scedy November 14, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Please ! I eagerly want to know who make VLISCO photoshoots ! They’re wonderfully beautiful ! Unbelievable ! Amazing ! Wow !

• aisha March 12, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I love dis.I think I wanna work in ur company.for my I.T.pls can u give me list of ur branches