Loving “Shuga”? Here’s Some More! Watch Episode 3 of Shuga: Love, Sex, Money

We are loving the new season of the MTV Base Africa drama series – Shuga: Love, Sex, Money.

Here is Episode 3 of the show. Enjoy.

Shuga: Love, Sex, Money – Episode 3 from mtv staying alive on Vimeo.

The Official Shuga website had a few questions relating to this episode, so we decided to give BN readers a chance to discuss as well.
***
After Leo puts Femi on blast on radio for being a player – Femi’s Mum has “The Talk” about condoms with her son – have you ever talked about sex with your parents? If not who do you go to?

Quote of The Day: “Love has become the dirtiest 4-letter word in Kenya today” – Leo. But do you think this is true in Kenya today? Has Nigeria/Ghana/Kenya/SA etc fallen out of love?

From the beginning we know Femi is a player… so what do you think of his decision to roll to the club without protection?

And let’s talk Leo: can you sympathise with his situation? Or is he out of line? Can you love 2 people at the same time?

In case you missed it, click below to watch the previous episodes
Episode 1
Episode 2

64 Comments on Loving “Shuga”? Here’s Some More! Watch Episode 3 of Shuga: Love, Sex, Money
  • MizzCJ February 29, 2012 at 9:10 am

As much he is fiiiiiiine, Leo is mos def outta line! u can tell its just sexual urges and not love that led him to Miss Behave’s bed! He listened to his second head!
    As for Femi LOL he’s a maaad playerrrrr! lol chaaaai

• reneeee February 29, 2012 at 9:20 am

wtf,,,u got me hooked on this

• julit February 29, 2012 at 9:57 am

tooooooooooooo nice! i wish i watched this earlier in life.

• I talk am February 29, 2012 at 10:00 am

I Love this show…

• *ajalahtravel* February 29, 2012 at 10:08 am

First of all, Leo is beautiful. Second, what a tosser. That’s how in season one he kept saying he was in love with that HIV-postive girl then was quick to lay one on Vio. He just doesn’t think more than half of the time.

• M February 29, 2012 at 10:16 am

LEO!LEO!LEO! how many times did i call u?????hum

• Personal Shopper February 29, 2012 at 11:03 am

Thanks BN for all this Shuga post. Will watch at lunch time

• Babycakes February 29, 2012 at 12:01 pm

awesome awesome… more pls

• eazzie February 29, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Now am hooked on this… thanks bella. really great production and articulate delivery of the script by the actors and actresses and now i want to go to kenya and meet me some cool peeps!!! lol!!
    Anyways, back to the questions… i dont think that Nigeria has fallen out of love at least the daily bombardment on facebook of girls and wives professing love on either relationship anniversaries or weddings..lol!!! on a serious note, most of the folks who talk down on love are either doing so as a result of a bad experience or have never experienced it and just want to play cool. like the ‘bad girl’ chic said, if you met someone who was genuinely interested in you, would you opt out based on your misinformed perceptions??

About talking to my parents about sex…. Hell No!!!!! if the babes on here were born either in the early 80’s or mid 80’s, there is a 50% chance that you have old fashioned parents like me that felt that sex was sacred and should only be spoken about by married couples. i had no orientation whatsoever and only passed my judgements on xhips and sex, based on what i saw happening with siblings or what i read on the internet. i made mistakes cos there really was no one to talk to but i intend to communicate more with my kids cos this generation is something else not to talk of what will be in my kid’s time.
    It is also absolutely wrong to sleep with a casual mate without protection.. even some long term xships still use protection (to avoid getting knocked up tho) not to talk of casual people… not worth the risk at all..

Thanks bella…. keep ‘em coming!!

• Babycakes February 29, 2012 at 12:15 pm

forget this..LEO IS CUTE….his eyes mehnnnn

• UsaveOne February 29, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Shuga is very educative, i Love it!
    Check..

• kem February 29, 2012 at 12:45 pm

lol, nice, and typical confuse life style of some dude….you forget the beautiful ones are not yet born, you will always see more sexier and pretty one, it only takes discipline to stick to your choice…..

• onyx February 29, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Ermm, I’m assuming this is suitable for viewing at work because I’m about to watch it during my lunch time?? BN better start putting a NSFW sign on these posts if otherwise ooo, I berra not be caught watching anything suspect…

• onyx February 29, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Nna, on 2nd thoughts, I berra wait till I get home. Just saw two youngsters necking in a hallway… *moving on swiftly to the next post*

• Miss Sarcasm February 29, 2012 at 2:24 pm

i have watched dis lik five times already,,,,leo is so cute OMG

• aseni February 29, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Leo looks so good. He sure isnt thinking tho! Femi is gonna be taking back his words soon!

• T4Toyin February 29, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Dayum, Leo is one fine brother! This show is awesome. I watched season 1 last year and I’ve been hooked since. I love how they portray relevant issues in a way that’s enticing and captivates the audience. This is real stuff…this is how lots of folks in the younger generation live their lives! And while we’re on the subject of HIV/AIDS, don’t forget to ‘wrap it up’ people. Just had to throw that in there lol

• pomilay February 29, 2012 at 11:00 pm

where can i watch season 1. i really love this show

• Sassy February 29, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I am completely impressed at the production of this educative series and the content is great too. Thumbs up to MTV, the Kenyan Actors and the Naija boos too.

• Bella February 29, 2012 at 4:54 pm

these boys are beautiful!

• Bella February 29, 2012 at 5:01 pm

it was took short!!! waaaaa :'(

• theodora ikem February 29, 2012 at 5:06 pm

im so hooked on SUGA……..Damn

• chidim February 29, 2012 at 5:50 pm

OMG Femi will not kill me oo..he is so charming, look at his muscles wooo..no wonder the ladies love him..am in love, i see his nigerian i want to see him in more movies nollywood take note he is a great actor. am in love wit shuga, great cast and wonderful storyline. i want to watch it again..Femi!!!!…..

• Abiola February 29, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Yes, but I couldn’t help but notice his “h” factor.. lol
      I agree with you though ;)

• chidim February 29, 2012 at 5:53 pm

i have never spoken to my parents abt sex.. i watch episode 3 with my mum and she asked about my sex life. this is beginning to open peoples eyes. i want to see more of Femi..cant wait for episode 4…i dont knw why its too short thou.

• julie February 29, 2012 at 5:57 pm

@chidim i cant agree with u more that nigerian guy is so hot Femi!!!!…and he is so talented and a great actor..he is such a player thou..his lines .. am sure some guys will start using them on girls..lol..this what we want to see on our tv screens. am hooked to shuga. watched like 3times already.

• nim February 29, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Leo is F.I.N.E!!!!!! Femi aint bad too. Lol
    Shuga is rily great. Loved season 1

• mimi February 29, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Leo and femi! Choi I don’t mind a threesome oops.

• itsekiri’s finest March 1, 2012 at 5:21 am

hahahaha abi oh! I can’t decide! I’m thinking one night stand with Femi – he’s so dark and has that bad boy glint in his eye. Then Leo, as boyfriend, very handsome and sexy and wholesome! His chemistry with Dala is woweeee! I dey jealous oh! Thanks BN for bringing this show to my awareness! Anyone know where I can catch earlier seasons of the show online? Thanks

• Diva February 29, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Awesome show. Africa has real potential. I am official hooked on this.

• amy February 29, 2012 at 11:29 pm

cant wait 4 the next episode..as 4 miss behave she’s really a misbehaving chick

• Nina March 1, 2012 at 12:30 am

Leo is pweety, am tripn but rili he shd’t hv hooked up wit B so not kool. inbtw i dnt talk about sex wit my folks i do dat with my close galfrnds.

• itsekiri’s finest March 1, 2012 at 5:01 am

To say I LOVE this show is an understatement! It takes me back to the days of quality shows on Nigerian TV like Palace, Ripples, Fortune & co…. This show in particular reminds me of I Need To Know a show with young Funke Akindele back in the day. It’s so fresh and realistic! Great export from Nairobi! This show is making me consider a trip to Nairobi to check the scene out!

• Iyamilele March 1, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Too hooked on this show, Love it. Thanks BN

• spicy March 1, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Leo is FINE!!!!!!!!!His side smiles just got my heart racing dammit!

• partyrider March 1, 2012 at 4:26 pm

@Chica thanks for the link :D

• jeturn16 March 1, 2012 at 4:29 pm

noooodnnnn smilesss

• Slyk March 2, 2012 at 12:53 am

Whats the name of the song on 4:20?

• Slyk March 2, 2012 at 12:57 am

Never mind, found it… :)

• Domina March 2, 2012 at 9:55 am

slyk do share please

• Amina March 2, 2012 at 11:48 am

Leo WOW!!!!!!!!!

• Tess March 2, 2012 at 2:32 pm

I will just keep replaying it

• Slyk March 2, 2012 at 3:10 pm

@Domina
    Speak with your body – Lamyia & AY Feat Romeo
    P.S: It’s in the credits at the end

• kome March 3, 2012 at 7:01 am

i honestly think femi is finer than leo hahaha but thats just me.. both of them fine sha

• Yve March 3, 2012 at 9:21 am

Wow I’m hooked on this. Very good quality acting, production, storyline….and Leo is hottttttttttttttttttt *swooning*

• chidim March 3, 2012 at 9:33 am

@kome i agree with u oo..femi is smoking hoooooot and has a hot body.. lol..am nt saying leo is nt fine oo..hahaha

• I.tell.it.like.it.is March 5, 2012 at 1:23 am

LEO’s EYESSS!!!! those eyesss ohhhhh! thts all I will say.

• Adjoa March 5, 2012 at 6:47 am

first time commenting on Bella Naija don’t get it twisted I’M regular on this blog but had to comment because I’m so hooked on this show and wanted to ask if all of Shuga’s episodes are going to be posted because I’ve tried to watch all the episodes of the first season but could only watch three. I’ll be really crushed when I don’t get to finish this season I mean Wizkid coming I don’t want to miss it for nothing. Please Bella find out for me. Leo is just so cute lol….he made all the girls drool even some guys

• Kenyan sister March 6, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Hey adjoa, season 1 of Shuga was only 3 episodes, season 2 is six episodes and yes MTV will post all of them online, or better yet catch it on MTV Base on Tuesdays at 9.30pm CAT. I just love me some Shuga.

• Nate March 6, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Hey…totally loving the show…you can also checkout the MTV Shuga Facebook fanpage here > http://www.facebook.com/mtvshuga

• ty March 7, 2012 at 7:00 am

OMG! I love Shuga!!! Getting emotional now…

• bishop March 7, 2012 at 9:19 am

I must confess, shuga is gud. Nice 1.

• Yvonee March 8, 2012 at 3:27 am

I just caught up on all the episodes. This show is on point, am sooo hooked! I love the delivery, the acting, the music, … the everything lol and not to menion the fine bobos *cough Leo cough* …. pls keep posting weekly episodes, am definitely going to be a regular! … PS: this reminds me of “Super Story” and “tales by moonlight” so educative and yet entertaining … back when Naija entertainment was about education, choiii when we were youngggg :(. These days, our actors and actresses are too busy, practicing “phonetics” and trying to acquire the latest materialistic product, to bother about carefully choosing and delivering tangible and educative movies smh! Abegi a huge “kudos” to the producers, directors and casts of Shuga! Repping Kenya and Africa at large, Una don wellu wellu :)

• Me2me March 10, 2012 at 9:10 am

Forget it, I didnt know it will be this interesting. Once you have the funds and resources, shootn an awesome movie/series is guaranteed with a good team of course. Love this . Wish i had enuff bandwidth to watch it all

• Lade March 13, 2012 at 9:19 pm

WHOA!!!! i love this show already… i started watching watching it yesterday, and i’m all done… When is the next season coming out

• Precious March 15, 2012 at 9:52 pm

i love dis showwwwwwwwwww

• Maegan A. Whisnant March 23, 2012 at 8:07 pm

chai omo see show…Leo…why now?? mtchewww

• pauly August 24, 2012 at 3:47 pm