Posted on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 at 9:53 PM

By Adeola Adeyemo

Since September 2012, Governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu state has been battling an undisclosed ailment outside the shores of this country, generating a lot of controversy in the news.

At some point, he was reported to be battling with a heart condition at a hospital in India and more recently, he was reportedly found in a London hospital. He was also reported dead by some news sources at the latter part of 2012.

Throughout this period, the state government has been silent on the state of his health which has angered a lot of indigenes of the state who have “demanded to know where their Governor is.”

A civil society group, Save Enugu Group, SEG recently released a statement saying it found Governor Chime lying ill at the Wellington Humane Hospital Swiss Cottage, London.

And while the state government continues to remain silent and the speculations continue, an undated picture of three state governors visiting Governor Chime has surfaced.

In the picture, Governor Goodswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom state, Governor Gabriel Suswam of Benue state and Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers state were seen standing with Governor Sullivan Chime.

Many have said that picturing him standing outside is a plot to derail those who have been calling for his resignation and show the world that he is alive and in good health.

We wonder what the release of the picture means.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 30 Comments on “Governors of Akwa Ibom, Benue & Rivers visit their Ailing Enugu State Counterpart Sullivan Chime in London”

Comments
    • lovelyn January 22, 2013 at 10:31 PM

II wish him speedy rocovery! However, when has being sick become a taboo. Anybody can be sick at anytime! The way our leaders handle situation especially of a sick office holder beats me! Fight. For your life first both physically and spiritually before thinking of your political office. Hian!

• R January 22, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I wsh him speedy recovery.
      However, the states people deserve to know where their leader is. I hear he’s been absent since September.

• Temitope Adewoye January 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I wish him speedy recovery
      jeenager.com

• chukwudi kelvin Nwaonukwube January 23, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Wishing him a very quick recovery. He is very good man.

• I January 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I wish him a speedy recovery but correction, Wellington Hospital (Hospital of St. John and St. Elizabeth), is in St. John’s Wood (the said hospital is about 10 minutes from the end of Swiss Cottage) and not directly in Swiss Cottage (I live in Swiss Cottage) and there is no such hospital called Wellington Humane Hospital in the Swiss Cottage area.

• Anon January 23, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Correction! the Wellington hospital and the hospital of St. John’s and St Elizabeth are 2 different private hospitals. But you are right that both are in St Johns wood and not Swiss Cottage.

• linabella January 23, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I see these governors as useless people. Instead of doing their duties in their respective states, they are using tax payers money to go visit someone. it not like their visit is going to change the mans condition, mtcheewww, men of misplaced priorities. Tufiakwa!! May God forgive nigeria and rid us of this bad leaders.

• linabella January 23, 2013 at 1:15 AM

*these

• Tunkarimu January 23, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Th governor Ȋ̊§ M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ friend Ooº°˚˚°ºoo I wish him speedy recovery IJMN may God healed him with Ȋ̊§ balm of gilead

• doby January 23, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Madam what r u saying, so they can’t visit their colleague? Nawa for u oh!

• kikelomo January 23, 2013 at 7:58 AM

I wish him quick recovery..

• chimezie solomon January 23, 2013 at 8:11 AM

He will hear his prayer and heal him from that sickness

• neil January 23, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Its interesting how Normal and non-god like these governors are abroad. 3 governors in Nigeria would attract at least 30 aides a piece. wasteful bunch! I wish Chime the best in Health.

• Grace January 23, 2013 at 9:24 AM

This is waste of money,3 governors of 3 active states, heading to London to see another ill Gov.who have bn there for heavens knows how long*smh*on whose acct are these reckless spendings on?*Useless country/bad leaders*

• anonymous January 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM

18 plus found dead, 3 to 4 days later he is totally well. 18 plus for the life of one.

• anonymous January 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM

may there souls rest in perfect peace Amen, one day you will pay for it. more than 18 lives sacrificed for a live of a Gov.

• Peps January 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I wish Gov. Sullivan speedy recovery. He is one of the few south east governors who is actually making impact on the lives of his people. Enugu State is better because of him. He is a good man, blights and all. Good men like him shouldnt die cos we have so few of them left in this country

• Engr Onyia Obiajulum January 23, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I have said that there is No death for NOW, your a good man despite all the challenges to bring you down your still standing… God is with you…. I want you to sow a powerfull seed to God to this effect and expect a miracle the bible said that a mans richies is his ransom, my dear be wise.
      Engr Obiajulum

• IJELOVE January 23, 2013 at 12:45 PM

You are God sent. Wishing you quick recovery.

• IJELOVE January 23, 2013 at 12:54 PM

welcom

• iamfascinating January 23, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I hope he gets well,

thestunninglady.blogspot.com

• Moi January 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Akpabio is the most jobless governor I know, I mean I am sure he doesn’t even ave a personal relationship with the gov but couldn’t resist the free media this would bring. I mean this man attended Sarakis burial and was sharing dollars

• Ugbaby January 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Looooooooooool!

• Omojeje January 23, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Woowzers! I sha love the foreign country . It’s so interesting to see all these Governors dressed like normal/ regular people in their coats/jackets..no traces of some overfed looking bodyguards/aides. I won’t even think or look for a minute that they are Governors if I was walking past them. No unnecessary agba da and shit for London, they sef wan be like bois (ya bruv) wits popping ? Looolz

• Ibrahim bello January 23, 2013 at 8:27 PM

wish you speedy and quick recovery, my governor.

• Omojeje January 23, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Get well soon Gov Sullivan Chime.. May God heal you completely and please make use of your second chance by hopefully touching lives and making a difference in Enugu and other part of the country when you return(Not your family and frnds alone) . You are well in Jesus name is all We can wish for

• Chizoba jude ojibuzu January 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Wish him quick recorvery he is d lit of Enugu State

• Graco January 24, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Probably Wellington Humana? Wish u speedy recovery

• Pa P February 3, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I wish him speedy recovering and good health.

• PRAISE February 4, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Chime is my Gorvernor and my brother too so i wish he quick recorvery. we hv missed him so much nd can wait to see him bk ; we love u Sullivan. Thanking all the Governors that make out their time to visit him.Thanks u all;