We are sure, we aren’t the only ones who spot that Tyler Perry movies have a tinge of Nollywood flavour! Based on the trailer, the new Tyler Perry film, “Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor” is set to be another box office hit!

TEMPTATION is a compelling love story that explores the intrigue and perils of infidelity. To start off the new year, Lionsgate has released a seductive new poster for the film (See above). Scroll down to read the synopsis and check out the trailer.

Tyler Perry’s Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor stars Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Lance Gross, Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Williams, Robbie Jones, Renee Taylor and Brandy Norwood and is written for the screen, produced and directed by Tyler Perry.

Catch TEMPTATION in theaters everywhere March 29, 2013.

“But he that is an adulterer,
for the folly of his heart
Shall destroy his own soul.”
-Proverbs 6:32

A bold exploration of the intrigue and perils of infidelity, Tyler Perry’s Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor is a compelling love story that dives straight into the heart of obsessive passion. “It’s about a woman who starts to get restless in her relationship and her choice to be with another man has a huge effect on the rest of her life,” explains screenwriter/producer/director Tyler Perry. “She goes on a journey – in her career and in her marriage – and she ends up in a very different place than she expected.

In a departure from his previous dramas, this explosive film finds Perry exploring the nature of desire – and just how powerful and dangerous a taste of the forbidden can be. “This is definitely one of the most provocative movies – sexually and otherwise – that I’ve made,” says the director. “There are a lot of people who struggle in their relationships. They make bad choices about their marriages. They get divorced. And so many of them don’t step out of their situation and really think about the consequences of what they’re doing. This movie asks, ‘Are you sure you want to do this?’ It sends up a flag.

66 Comments on Tyler Perry’s “Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor” | Watch the Trailer & View the Exclusive New Poster
  • lilz January 31, 2013 at 8:35 am

i love all Tyler’s movies. there’s always a message. cant wait to see this

• AW January 31, 2013 at 8:35 am

Can’t wait to watch this movie. It makes you think doesn’t it? We always think the grass is greener outside and in most cases it isn’t.

• Boundllad January 31, 2013 at 8:36 am

I want to watch !!!

• Ginika January 31, 2013 at 8:38 am

I WANT TO WATCH!

• Peachy_mo January 31, 2013 at 8:39 am

I totally love Tyler Perry movies! I hope this one hits our cinemas!

• melzy January 31, 2013 at 8:45 am

OMG! i wanna see dis movie

• ese January 31, 2013 at 8:51 am

dis movie wud make u confess to ur self weda a mna or a woman……….it would give u an inner thinking.i love this cant wait to watch

• ese January 31, 2013 at 8:52 am

• sunash January 31, 2013 at 8:57 am

Can’t wait to see this movie.

• Missy January 31, 2013 at 9:03 am

omg! yes!! i love you tyler!!! Since Diary of a mad black woman, I havent missed a thing!

• Lola January 31, 2013 at 9:24 am

I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!

• Mischa January 31, 2013 at 9:31 am

In fact, Nollywood twinge indeed. My problem with these movies is the husband has to be poor, and the one she cheats with has to be rich. I rolled my eyes the minute I realised. Come on, Tyler, seriously. I don’t like his movies, because of the way he stereotypes black people. Seems he’s gotten bored of that, and he has moved base now to stereotyping women. It would have been great if the three of them were both successful people, so money and the excitement it brings (for a woman who had never experienced such) wasn’t the reason she cheated, because in a lot of cases, its not the reason. The poor man doesn’t always make the better lover, and the rich man is the devil that takes you to hell. That storyline has been overused bro. Stop pitting money against each other. There are women married with the average guy that are happy, and no amount of money will tempt them to leave, there are also women married to rich men that are also very happy. The reverse too, there are miserable women living with the average guy, and miserable rich wives. There are men who have left the woman of their youth, and chased after a rich woman – you don’t see many movies about that, its always the woman that forgets the lover of her youth and gets tempted like moth to a flame, by a rich man. Sometimes a woman leaves the “poor” guy for a rich man, and she’s actually happy, and in love, and the guy also loves her back. His money is just icing on the cake not the reason she left. Does anyone remember Luther Vandross – Apologise. Go listen to it again. Its just a song, not real life I know, but it sums it up nicely. Tyler is flogging a dead horse, I’ll pass.

• Bleed blue January 31, 2013 at 9:59 am

Mischa no vex na…this kind of epistle…

• Uc January 31, 2013 at 10:03 am

I cant agree less his movies are always stereotyped u just can tell d end from d beginning……watching beautiful black people yes watching for d story line hell no am already bored with them.

• Sexxie January 31, 2013 at 10:59 am

Really Mischa? Please go see TP’s Good Deeds and your opinions will change. Enjoy!

• Nok10 January 31, 2013 at 11:26 am

I agree with you, but its just entertainment so relax and enjoy the movie – it ain’t a literature exam, lol!

• Paula January 31, 2013 at 4:19 pm

You have really not watched all his movies my dear……….watch everything before you make such comments

• Simya February 1, 2013 at 2:42 am

huh? We watch a lot of movies where the bad guys die and the good guys survive. I’m afraid I don’t see your point….and I completely disagree with you on the whole Tyler Perry shenanigans you’re preaching

• Amazeballs! January 31, 2013 at 9:33 am

Woah! gotta see that.

• ANOM January 31, 2013 at 9:42 am

wow! Can’t wait!

• Stella Kashmioney January 31, 2013 at 9:48 am

I love Tyler’s movies. I cannot wait to watch this.

• Billionair in Dollars January 31, 2013 at 10:24 am

I cant to watch it

• Peachy_mo January 31, 2013 at 10:28 am

@mischa & Uc have you seen diary of a black bad woman? The Family that preys? isn’t our world just so stereotype? isn’t this the story we see everyday? there is a wide gap btwn Tyler and Nollywood…at least his characters don’t wear one airdo for 15yrs lol!

• ebony May 14, 2013 at 1:10 pm

15yrs ke,! abi from teenage to old age.. yeye nollywood people.. if making hair is too expensive then they shld invest on buying wigs..shu!

• Iyke January 31, 2013 at 10:53 am

‘You don’t know how much I love’ …..Very powerful statement and the face captures the deep pains he was going through.
    I have been in that situation before and it hurts really bad and kills like a slow poison. Love,…such a beautiful thing, yet hurt so bad. I will see the movie, just uo understand the character of Lance Gross. I was in his shoes in the past.

• Sexxie January 31, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Awwwwww! I can’t imagine how u felt then…but glad you have healed that’s why you can talk about it. Some of us have been down that road, we come out stronger, better and ready to love again.

• Sexxie January 31, 2013 at 11:03 am

Looking forward to this one. I have one wish though, to be Mrs Perry or Mrs Lynxx *wink* I love me some eye candies :-)

• I Am Legend January 31, 2013 at 11:06 am

OMG!!! Cant wait to make movies like this!!!

• Vics January 31, 2013 at 11:28 am

No, his movies aren’t stereotyped, he is just always being more realistic in displaying the issues in our world today. Just like someone said if you’ve seen ‘good deeds’ then you wil understand better..and I have always loved the combination of his cast, always going outside the box(in the past Janet Jackson e.t.c.,now Kim K) soo looking forward to watching this movie!

• Retrochic January 31, 2013 at 11:42 am

I swear i cant wait to see this movee, you always think its always greener on the other side, they are just flames and it just a matter of time, when they burn out, its just unfortunate that the human mind is very weak on overcoming temptations, +nobody is talking about my girl, Kim Kardashian

• Tolu January 31, 2013 at 11:46 am

Tyler didn’t cast the rich guy well. From the trailer, I wasn’t convinced with Robbie Jones as the rich guy, he did not portray the character, persona, and sheer magnetic aura, or powerful presence that rich men do. I work with them in Private Banking, so I should know. Kai, the minute they walk into a room, you just know, you can feel it. It only takes Grace and sheer will power not to succumb. You just have to remember the jargons living in their world brings, plus the way they use women like tissue paper, and you’ll respect yourself fast. Tyler darling, love ya movies, you dropped the ball on casting Robbie. He was forcing it jare. He reminded me of the regular african american brother, you can go eat pizza at dominos with, and gist till forever. Multi billionaire, power player, naaaaaaaaa

• Nok10 January 31, 2013 at 7:16 pm

@ Tolu totally agree, I wasn’t impressed by the guy – no charm at all!

• Ides of March January 31, 2013 at 9:30 pm

I bet you Mark Zuckerberg looks like an average joe without his money, he even wears the same shirt everyday (he’s got a lot of them). I think the guy fits the character he plays since he made his money as an internet entrepreneur as opposed to investment banking, oil and gas or some other traditional way of making money.

• Tolu February 1, 2013 at 1:37 am

You see, rich powerful men, its not about the clothes they wear. I’m sure those who have had the pleasure and the opportunity of meeting Bill gates, Steve Jobs, and even Mark Zuckerberg who dress simply can testify to the character, persona and presence that they have, even if they are wearing a $1 dollar shirt from Walmart. What they exude doesn’t come from clothes or shoes or Rolex’s. They walk into a room, and and start talking, even if they are dressed in the exact same clothes as your male colleague, omo you can tell the difference. Robbie Jones is like your brother’s friend or your male colleague at work. Nothing special. I wish I can describe it better, but unless you’ve been in their presence, you probably wont understand what I’m saying. I meant that as no offense please

• Me2me January 31, 2013 at 11:11 pm

My dear na trailer. and he gave u what was needed, a private Jet and Kim’s revelation of him. Whatelse do u need. All you wanabe film makers .

• Simya February 1, 2013 at 2:47 am

LOL…I know right, at least watch the movie first

• Traditionalbay January 31, 2013 at 11:46 am

Some sense in Mischa’s epistle. but me must watch this movie. simples!

• Brandy January 31, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Awesome! Must watch!!!!

• fademi January 31, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Kim Kardashian ke???????????? *SIgh* whats kim doing here oh biko

• Missy January 31, 2013 at 12:53 pm

mischa we get you but our world is stereotype. In trying to be sooo different from what is percieved as ‘normal’ we end still being part of the bandwago(albeit one with a different name-struggle to be different bandwagon).
    These things happen everyday… im sure u’ve heard of the phrase ‘art imitating life’.. art i feel tends to play down what really goes on in life. Enjoy the movie and stop looking for different. Different is exactly what this movie tries to tellyou anyways… its not always the best. Embrace normalcy. cheers!

• Priscy January 31, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Cant wait to watch this movie..I love all Tyler Perry’s movie, there is always something to learn from it

• Cynthia January 31, 2013 at 1:21 pm

But y did he use Kim kadashian? Just asking.just hope……… Lips sealed

• Seriously February 1, 2013 at 6:38 am

He said he wanted this movie to be seen by more than just the ‘black community’ that usually patronise his films. Because the message needed to get out there. He faced a lot of flack for it when he cast her.. But I think it’s all about the bottom dollar, lets face it, she has a lot of fans..

• Inebaby January 31, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Love his movies, can’t wait to watch this one!

• Traditionalbay January 31, 2013 at 2:04 pm

This ‘Temptation’ is tempting me and i MUST succumb. can’t have enough of TP!

• msjsbass January 31, 2013 at 2:22 pm

I like the trailer, its eye-catching. Please don’t forget Tyler is a Christian who pushes the gospel in a commercial and an entertaining manner. His movies deal with practical stuff the average Christian goes through most esp in the American society. Temptation/ Women/ Men/ Love/ Betrayal etc are things we easily relate to and happens everyday on a large yet minute scale. Go Tyler, if you ask me.

• Odior January 31, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Tyler’s Movies is always mind blowing +thought-provoking .Hmm….I’m putting an Event that look like almost similar in Content. Join the premiering of THE NAKED EXPRESSION,Sunday 17th February,2013. A valentine special Event.

• loo January 31, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Can’t wait to watch!!!!!!!!!!! Tyler Perry doesn’t fall my hand at all, there is Always something to learn in his movies

• Lala January 31, 2013 at 3:30 pm

@ Tolu, don’t base your judgement on a trailer. plus, Robin’s a brilliant actor his role in one tree hill though annoying showed he can interpret the role of an arrogant Neanderthal well without no doubt… I sure hope I can see this one…

• Teris January 31, 2013 at 4:10 pm

choiii!!! o.m.g!
    and as is typical with such situations, the other man aint even all that! my bleeds just thinking about it!

• giggy January 31, 2013 at 4:27 pm

wow!!!

• beeess January 31, 2013 at 5:19 pm

I love Tyler Perry Movies…However, we can all agree that they are very predictable. I mean, maybe thats why I love them. Anyway, I am looking forward to this one. I think I will make it on opening night…I hope so! :)

• Nok10 January 31, 2013 at 7:19 pm

By the way, kudos to Tyler Perry for giving our great black actors jobs in hollywood. I like his diverse casting – black majority and a few token caucasians:)

• smiley January 31, 2013 at 9:46 pm

love the trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait to watch the movie. more so kim k is starring!!!!!!!! I love Tyler Perry!

• Itohan January 31, 2013 at 11:27 pm

When someone is trying to seduce you that is not your wife or husband just remember one thing: “that person that wants your ‘thing’ is always one step ahead of you. As soon as they get that thing, they will never be the same kind of person that you thought off again.” The happiest married people are those who have made the best out of nothing. Marriage is not for the emotionally lazy, immarture or short-term person – it’s for the long haul. But what do I know? Most members of our generation (those born in throughout the 1970s and pre-1985) have the shortest staying power in marriage. God help us all

• EfKay February 1, 2013 at 1:26 am

I just love the art work of the second poster. Snake/woman/apple. It says it all.

• sweetlips February 1, 2013 at 1:29 pm

i can’t wait to see this movie…and for those who think Tyler’s movies are stereotyped, i think you should see his other movies and besides, what good is a movie if you as an individual cannot relate to it. He is doing a great job if you ask me. Also for the rich guy in the movie, i don’t think it was his money that made the girl fall, it was his charms; his doing and saying the right things that he knew she wanted to hear. it was not just bout his money. Robin interpreted his role well…but lets just wait n see the movie, then and only then can we decide if it’s good or not.

• chica February 2, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Kai I’ve been waiting for this movie… March 29. I love Tyler Perry and his movies.
    Btw those complaining that his movies are stereotyped, these are things that happen in our everyday lives. Good deeds, a family that preys etc show he talks about every side of the story.

• anu solanke February 9, 2013 at 12:34 am

OMGGGGG i cant wait for this movie to come out i am just so excited

• birdieblue February 18, 2013 at 5:24 am

oooooo vibrating in anticipation!!

• ojeme patience odion February 25, 2013 at 3:49 am

yeap! i love T”s movies. Eni tin 4 me ?

• A.D March 7, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Can’t waittttttttt, watched this trailer more than 5timss already, and errr, @ mischa and all y’all talking about stereotyping, just gimme a beep. Lemme school you on TP movies+ how can u say stereotype and call TP, wat then will u call Nollywood movies.

• Doodles March 8, 2013 at 2:22 am

Lol but Good Deeds is pretty much the same though. He fell for someone that was poorer which is what Mischa is saying. But I like TP’s movies and this is one that I have been counting down to! Hopefully, it shows in Nigerian cinemas!

• Fashionbabe March 28, 2013 at 7:24 am

I can’t wait to watch Madea’s (Tyler P.) movie. Way to go mann!

• Tutu June 25, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Read this on wikipedia…the story has got a very sad ending…*crying*sobbing*
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temptation:_Confessions_of_a_Marriage_Counselor