Rita Dominic is smiling to the bank.

BellaNaija Movies & TV has learnt exclusively from publicist Bigsam Media that her romantic-drama which premiered in 2012, racked in over N 25 Million at the Box Office.

Out of the cinemas and now on DVD, we are also told that since its release some days ago, over 50, 000 copies have been sold.

Making Rita and Mildred Okwo who co-own The Audrey Silva Production Company produce more copies to meet the high demand.

The Meeting has been a splendid success, with President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan recently saying “This movie will be much talked about in our country and our continent in the weeks ahead.”

Over the past months, it has been presented numerous awards including the 2013 Nollywood Movies Awards.

The Meeting stars Rita Dominic, Linda Ejiofor, Femi Jacobs, Jide Kosoko, Kate Henshaw, Nse Ikpe Etim, Basorge Tariah Jnr and Chinedu Ikediezie.

In case you missed it, watch the Trailer

43 Comments on Rita Dominic’s “The Meeting” Grossed Over N25 Million at the Box Office, Sells 50,000 DVDs
  • Chelizrubycube.blogspot.com January 9, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Nice one Rita! congrats.

• Cool cat January 9, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Huge success for Rita Dominic but being the first I’ve heard of this movie, the trailer summarizes it, somewhat. My question is how the First Lady will openly endorse such a movie which clearly depicts the deplorable processes in government. Is this a movie she should be proud of showcasing to the world? Why do we continue to wash our own dirty pant in public? Smh

• Idak January 9, 2014 at 2:51 pm

You are assuming she watched it?
      These folks just read out of written scripts or just say what they think you want to hear.

• right January 9, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Abi?

Nigeria confuses me

• Thelma January 9, 2014 at 1:50 pm

That was a good movie sha. The only nigerian movie that’s made me laugh almost the way Big Bang Theory does.

thelmathinks.blogspot.com

• deeluv January 9, 2014 at 2:05 pm

congrats to her…

• Hi January 9, 2014 at 2:13 pm

The movie is hilarious. I have tears pouring out of my eyes from laughter literally

• Ms_Oyinkansola January 9, 2014 at 2:21 pm

I looooooooove tis movie.i watched it smtym last year or so.i actually went to watch ‘sparkle.’i was late so I had no choice bt to pick another movie, i ended up in the hall showing the meeting n it ws worth every penny I paid to watch it.a good movie!

• Karma January 9, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Well done Rita . But were can I buy the dvd

• nollare January 9, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Of course it should. The movie is by far the best naija movie ever

• Dlapikin January 9, 2014 at 2:49 pm

I don’t know if she made money. How much do these actors cost because 25 Millions if you take out the promo cost, production cost, and you split whatever is left amongst the producer. I don’t know if she actually made money. But I’m proud of her.. She did very well for her first production and the movie is actually good as well.

• Endowed January 10, 2014 at 12:46 am

she made money considering the movie was put on line where I watched it and absolutely enjoyed it, and it just came on DVD. Well done Rita you’re the best

• Rick January 9, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Good! Now she can afford a private trainer and lose some of those pounds.

• Idak January 9, 2014 at 3:02 pm

dem use weight watch swear for una?
      Is there not more to life than putting your fellow sisters under so much pressure in the name of losing pounds?

• it’s not alright January 9, 2014 at 7:05 pm

i am hugging you right now Idak….damn, what the hell is wrong with some people?…you couldnt celebrate her without mentioning her weight now could you?….does it ever occur to some of you that people are actually happy with themselves and care less about what you think about her body?…not meant for you Idak but that Rick asshole….

• Zee January 10, 2014 at 8:42 am

I loveeeee you Idak

• Hot sumtyn January 9, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Lose weight where please. Weight on her cheeks or eyeballs? You are clearly very unreasonable and just plain silly.

• Iris January 9, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Because of what? Are you coming to marry her? And in Nigeria the metric system of weight measurement is kilograms please. Just because your TV says that it’s cool to lose American pounds doesn’t mean it is every actress’s dream to look like bonga fish. I’m pretty sure she weighs the same as millions of regular women in the world.

• Bide January 10, 2014 at 5:23 pm

What an Airhead..

• arma January 9, 2014 at 2:56 pm

BN the movie came out on DVD on the 1st so its jst 9days in the market nt 2 weeks. Pls where can I get a copy in the mainland saw the movie in the cinema it is the best so far a must have.

• Idak January 9, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Where can i buy the DVD on the Island?

• Blessmyheart January 10, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Saw it today in traffic. the vendor said 1k *blank stare*

• Sunshine January 9, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Good on you Rita. A seasoned actor is one who can assume their role so much so that viewers are completely engrossed and forget the actor’s red carpet profile. Am not a fan of Rita’s but she has earned my respect with this.

• L January 9, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Your life must be extremely sad- why do you feel the need to bring her down to bring yourself up?! If you don’t have anything positive to say don’t say it. She’s making her money not wasting her time posting salty comments on BN.

• Adaora Igonoh January 9, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Rita Dominic is a boss.
    Meanwhile, are u looking to make extra income? You can be an online marketer simply by helping companies advertise by increasing online traffic. All you need to do is click the link below and read the details. This isn’t spam
    tasknjob.com/?share=56172

• FJD January 9, 2014 at 3:48 pm

well so sad…I think the publicity is not well organised..

• Love me Love me January 9, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Good for you all. Way to go. I hope you are selling it abroad too

• Turi January 9, 2014 at 4:32 pm

DVD available in the Surulere mall that houses shoprite. One can also get it online, don’t know d link though, but any video store that sells Nigerian movies shld have it.

• Idak January 9, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Thanks for the info. I will check that electronics/cd/dvd shop next to The Hub in palms and if not available,try the Surulere mall you mentioned.
      Thanks.

• Angelina January 10, 2014 at 12:40 am

Awesome movie. You can buy it online here for N600 and have it delivered to you anywhere in Nigeria:

exodusestore.com/the-meeting

• BC January 10, 2014 at 3:05 am

25 million Naira is roughly $157,000 US $. Where is the profit margin in that? I understand if she will make money from DVD sales. But atfer you subtract production costs whats left over?

• Lizziee January 10, 2014 at 6:17 am

it is available at the hub @Idak. Also, if you contact Rita, Kate or Mealdred on twitter, there’s an online shop that delivers anywhere in Nigeria.

• Idak January 10, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Thanks. I got it there during lunch.
      Shame it was 750 instead of the 600 I expected. With the outrageous rent in that building I can understand the mark up for items in those shops.
      Saw it at the cinemas and I think it is good enough to have a copy.

• Modella January 10, 2014 at 9:33 am

Why do nigerians get mad at the mention of needs to loose weight??? Look at her belly and arms fat

• CarliforniaBawlar January 10, 2014 at 6:06 pm

I’m looking at it…..so what?? if you can’t stand the sight, my dear gorge you eyes out….go on gurl!! you can do it!!! msschew….yeye fowl wey no dey lay egg…..

• L January 10, 2014 at 7:11 pm

you meant lose Modella.
      ps kindly send us your instagram name so we can decide how much you need to lose also :)

• Tosin January 10, 2014 at 8:48 pm

But she looks amazing. In that blue dress? She looks awesome.
      When she needs to play an anorexic or runway model or war victim, I’m sure she’ll diet appropriately, but as an actor playing usually beautiful African women, she’s represen’in.

• ice January 10, 2014 at 3:50 pm

@Modella..not everybody must be skinny..

• Tosin January 10, 2014 at 8:45 pm

that’s impressive! i’ll give it a try.
    i’ve seen very few good new films from Naija, eager to find more. interestingly, much as I like our “stars”, their actual films are sometimes embarrassing. but we’ll get there.

ps, what is good? i liked Tango With Me. Inale. Figurine. Tobi. Saworoide and Agogo Eewo and others from Mainframe. That’s almost all. I hated hated hated Mr and Mrs.
    I heard good things about The Perfect Church.
    Any other recommendations?

• vikky January 10, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Im still dying to watch this movie.. heard its a great movie

• Omosexy January 11, 2014 at 12:57 am

Wellsaid idiak…I like that rply lol

• MyView January 11, 2014 at 5:11 am

You ruined a perfectly good comment with that line “are you coming to marry her?” What dose that have to do with losing weight? The obsession with marriage.

• Oluwatosin April 23, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Rita Dominic nailed The Meeting! The production is so original Nigerian i.e the plot, language, costume, makeup etc. I couldn’t wait till the end plus the suspense was kept from start to finish. Thumbs up!

Please visit girlane.com. Thanks