AY Replies Jim Iyke: “I am Not Classless”

Posted on Friday, January 17th, 2014 at 6:10 PM

By BellaNaija.com

Jim Iyke & AY - January 2014 - BellaNaija 01

It seems we haven’t seen the last of AY and Jim Iyke‘s “Deliverance Skit” drama.

In case you missed it, the Nollywood star tweeted at the comedian that he was disappointed that he mentioned him in his skit. (click here to read)

And although AY didn’t immediately reply, he spoke to a reporter from Hip Hop World Magazine.“It was designed to be a joke, it’s still a joke. I’m a stand-up comedian and we make people laugh for a living and comedians are social commentators”. he says.

But ever the gentleman, he apologized. I’m sorry about it, it wasn’t designed to be detrimental in any way but if you see it that way, bro., I got nothing but love for you…I’m not classless and I know you know that.”

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , ,

• Custom Search
  • 29 Comments on “AY Replies Jim Iyke: “I am Not Classless””

Comments
    • Missy J January 17, 2014 at 6:29 PM

AY there should be a limit to jokes especially when it concerns spiritual matters relating to God. All the same classy reply#

• Kelz January 17, 2014 at 6:57 PM

lol @ classy. Spiritual things are up for jokes my dear Missy!! I am a Christian and I believe if one mimics things like speaking in tongues the Holy spirit is grieved. However, if your neighbour does not believe that is the case; who are you to force it down their throat. Pele, I am bringing my sentiments from the anti-gay bill to this matter.ahahah, I’m sure you get my point.

• Missy J January 17, 2014 at 7:37 PM

I did sha..but common this is someone’s encounter with God and he should find it funny ordid Iyke tell you it was just a movie?

• Kelz January 17, 2014 at 6:31 PM

This was a joke biko can Jim Iyke breathe…I have such a problem with the word ‘class’ as used in Nigeria. hian!!

• Mademoiselle January 17, 2014 at 6:41 PM

AY shouldn’t have replied him sef. Mschew. It’s a joke, don’t be sensitive about these things abeg.

• molokwu peter January 17, 2014 at 6:48 PM

ay get time o biko who is jim iyke

• LamLam January 17, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Its well oh!

• Penelope January 17, 2014 at 7:06 PM

AY and Jim both bottom feeders. Ay looks like he needs a good scrub and Jim…sigh no words

• Teris January 17, 2014 at 8:11 PM

i’m sorry to be “hating” here, but i so “like” ur statement.

• Chigbo January 17, 2014 at 7:11 PM

But I personally do not find AY funny…..that’s just me.

• rossy petite January 17, 2014 at 7:12 PM

I think it was good that AY responded to clear the air, morerso when he did so in a classy way *winks* all the same let’s love and respect one another, period.

• Leah January 17, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I think Jim Iyke is a talented actor, but he always comes off as very insecure and petty. It was a joke as in comedy with one mention of ‘Jim iyke’ please get over it. He is always in the news for all the wrong reasons.

• Vicmajek January 17, 2014 at 7:38 PM

classless is kinda harsh sha..jim u can like to calm down ooo…

• Busarni January 17, 2014 at 7:43 PM

all of you saying its a joke this , it’s a joke that. be honest with yourselves; we all get angry when certain jokes are thrown our way. jim has the right to be angry. Deliverance is his private matter and between him and his God. Hypocrites oshi. AY you wey wowo like liek wetin i de see for horror film, nonsense

• http://www.thelmathinks.blogspot.com/ January 17, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Awww. It’s nice that AY apologized. But Jim Iyke needs to chills. In fact we should start doing Roasts in Naija. I’ll give anything to watch The Roast of Jim Iyke. He’ll definitely blow a fuse. Smh.

thelmathinks.blogspot.com

• Emeka January 17, 2014 at 8:38 PM

wHY SHOULD AY PLAY SUCH AN EXPENSIVE JOKE, WHY SHOULD HE MAKE JOKE WITH SOMEONE ENCOUNTER WITH GOD. WHAT AY DID IS TOTALLY NONSENSE. JIM HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO GET ANNOYED.AY, PLS GROW UP.

• janetheo ofoegbu January 17, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Take note@stand up comedia Ay there should be to a limite of jokes yu throw publicly Йợ̣̇̇‎​t when it has to do with ppls spirituales ok.

• http://samuelohis.blogspot.com January 17, 2014 at 9:36 PM

tweet fight .eh
      samuelohis.blogspot.com

• jinkelele January 17, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Privacy ke! the pastor he chose for such deliverance is not private. Deliverance is always a public affair at synangogue so Jim cant hide the fact so he should quit whining. They mimic pastors all the time – should that be off limits

• whocares January 17, 2014 at 11:56 PM

You just typed out what I was too lazy to type. Thank you!

• Chic January 18, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Bella do you guys know you were quoted on MadameNoire
      madamenoire.com/341444/bleaching-2014-african-singer-dencia-blasted-pushing-skin-lightening-cream/

• Stephanie January 18, 2014 at 5:49 AM

Love Ay’s matured reply
      blogsvila.blogspot.com

• Ethy January 18, 2014 at 6:32 AM

Ay is fond of making nonsense jokes, I wonder when he calls Pastor by their names and make joke out of their ministries( pastor Chris Okotie, pastor Chris Oyakilome) I don’t find it funny at all. Now he is making a joke out of someone deliverance. Why? Are there no other joke?

• Zee January 18, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Soon we won’t have comedy in Nigeria again. We are too sensitive to everything jor. If only people who stutter had a voice, coz na them suffer pass. Even ugly people too…

• me January 18, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Have any of you watched the skit? Jims name was mentioned once through out the almost 5min long video. Reading the comments here one wud think the video was about him. Mschewww… if anyone shud be mad its Tonto Dike not Jim Iyke and his overgrown ego. All Ay said abt Jim directly was for a caller “not to bring Jim Iyke for deliverance, he should stick with TB Joshua” plus Helen Pauls quip on “where are my damn shoes”. Thats all. Jim must have lost his funny bone during his deliverance but if you ask me he’s just being an attention seeking whining baby… suck it up Princess

• Stella Kashmoney January 18, 2014 at 10:12 AM

These two should go and sit down pls.

• Salami Adams January 18, 2014 at 4:45 PM

AY, d wise men said…do not remind a person delivered,
      words they spoke during deliverance, hence u self will be tempted.
      Therefore, AY should go for deliverance.

• Toyin Odebunmi January 20, 2014 at 4:55 AM

I think we should all know when some issues patterning to somebody’s life is sensitive not only Jim Iyke issue,its a personal and crucial matter and people should not make jest of it,anyhow,,,,I know AY meant know harm about the skit but as a friend and colleague to the “Nollywood bad boy” he should have confided in him,,,,,

• BEE January 20, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Ay HAS A FUNNY LOOK , MORE LIKE A DRAWING BY A CLASS 2 PUPIL…