Posted on Tuesday, January 21st, 2014 at 12:04 PM

By BellaNaija.com

Genevieve Nnaji - George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight - January 2014 - BellaNaija

You’ve seen the preview, now it’s time for the full interview.

BellaNaija Movies & TV brought you the trailer for Genevieve Nnaji‘s interview with Canadian talk show host George Stroumboulopoulos. (In case you missed it, click here)

The Nollywood superstar dished on all things Half of a Yellow Sun on George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight.

The interviews was taped in September 2013 while promoting the movie at the Toronto International Film Festival, but aired on Friday 17th January 2014.

The preview which we featured on BN stirred major debate and discussion. Now we see, the part of Gene’s interview which caused backlash has been edited out.

Genny gave the scoop on playing Ms. Adebayo, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, how Africans dramatically tell their stories and more.

Watch!

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 81 Comments on “Genevieve Nnaji: “Africans are Extremely Dramatic with their Stories”! Watch her Interview on George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight”

Comments
    • BC January 21, 2014 at 12:27 PM

First part of the interview was going well. 2nd part was alike huh? “Education of the girl child?”
      Thats a well trodden path…….and it makes me sick. Next time say something else. They should have left the “I am young” bit in it…It actually made it more authentic and interesting. But she looked beautiful.

• oola January 21, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Girl Child… 18 to 24 years???

• BC January 21, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Typo……*Like*

• Mama Mia!!! January 21, 2014 at 12:31 PM

How can anyone hate on this girl? Not a fan of Beyonce, but, she reminds me so much of her. I adore Gene, to me, she is our best representative entertainment wise so far. Please, No one should relate my comment to any other person we are here to talk about Gene and this Interview not make comparisms. Love you Girl!!!

• Ola January 21, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Omotola represents us better, ur Genny lacks confidence, she needs to go back to school… She just didn’t answer the important questions well, an interview gives u the opportunity to inform and educate people, she didn’t do that at all, and yea, I trust the QUEEN OF NOLLYWOOD: QUEEN OMOTOLA to do justice to those questions.

• Mama Mia!!! January 21, 2014 at 3:08 PM

LOL, Queen ke, Okay o. whatever makes you sleep better at night. We are watching!!!

• Tom January 22, 2014 at 2:50 AM

Ola, I think it is your idol that needs to go back to school Gene girl is a graduate but I am not sure your idol is.

• sugarplum January 21, 2014 at 12:32 PM

kudos gene,God bless..

• Troll January 21, 2014 at 12:40 PM

To the Omotola vs Genevieve voltrons.
      *in mortal combact voice* ROUND THREE…..FIGHT!!!!!!

• Bamzi January 21, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Lol. Nahhh. It’s more like round 3 for omotola herself. Watch her try to get on George stroumboulopolus show by hook or crook. And then proceed to share the pics on every blog, hype the description about her on the accompanying article n over exaggerate her performance on the interview until it becomes shameful and nauseating.

• Melb January 21, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Lol na u sabi. Omotola is a very ambitious lady nd I see nothing wrong in that. Y’all act likes omotola has the right to decide when her interviews should be made publick. CNN decided to interview omotola……don’t u knw once she’s been mentioned in the TIMES she would have to grant interview here and there? The reason genny is being interviewed here is cos of her movie. The both of them don’t just go to interview stations without reasons. If we re talking PR here ha! Genny’s PR go hard lowkey. My problem here is both omotola and genny should even chill! And feature in movies abeg, just look at lupita. I am an omotola Stan to the core but mehn omotola and genny need to work more on their craft. I think the both all care About being out there. A girl from shuga came and shook not just any movie industry but Hollywood. Hollywood knows her name and as for those our actresses tht will land one small wakapass and begin to attend every red carpet. You pple shld better stop ur comparisons cos booth omotola and genny are no where near luputa. I mean if u pple don’t knw luputa already landed herself a fashion campaign wit miuniu and she wasn’t an Instagram model before getting it. You guys should talk to ur faves rather than use the means to compare,talk to them. Let them get out there for auditions,if they think a Hollywood director will look for them,they are deceiving theirselves. Let them learn more about their craft, they are not bigger than any audition. They will all be here till lupita becomes their fans favorite.

• TruthBeTold January 21, 2014 at 12:43 PM

This is shot in front of an audience. All those bashing and comparing should remember that.

• Bossom January 21, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Exactly my dear. They probably have never been put on the spot like that so they won’t know what it feels like to be the center of attention.

• Bukky January 21, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Puleaseeese that’s what she does for a living isn’t it? Live audience my …. ! I love omotola but if she performed this poorly even I will say it. Abeg bye!

• Bummite January 21, 2014 at 4:45 PM

She’s always in front of an audience and yes, you could get the jitters but helllloooo this is Genevieve. She is supposed to be ‘the star’ of all stars. I think Omotola exudes a lot of confidence and while it’s not ideal to compare, I believe Genevieve is a pretty face and no more. You don’t need to be told that when you get a script like ‘Half of a Yellow Sun’, you read it 5x over and research. That should be part of your preparation. Your role as an actress is to tell a story. How can you tell a story when you have just surface knowledge. What edge do you have over your viewers? I also think that she seems nervous. This is so because she did not prepare for the interview. Also boils down to a lack of preparation. You shouldn’t just sell a pretty face and leave it at that. Pretty dumb move on an international platform!

• TruthBeTold January 21, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Hmmmm…. My gurl went the botox way!!! Eyebrows : no shaking :))
      Yes we Africans can be very dramatic. :))
      All love Gene, xoxoxo.

• Gloria January 21, 2014 at 12:53 PM

FINE GIRL

• TruthBeTold January 21, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Hmmmm…. My gurl went the botox way!!! Or na fillers abi? Wharrever…
      Eyebrows : no shaking :)) Yes we Africans can be very dramatic. :))
      All love Gene, xoxoxo.

• rose January 21, 2014 at 12:54 PM

nice one genny….

• yoyo January 21, 2014 at 1:13 PM

genevieve pls whats the name of your girl child foundation? never heard of it before :p

• Chum chum January 21, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Ada di ora nma, More blessings to you.

• jummai January 21, 2014 at 1:30 PM

amazing

• Blossom January 21, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Jeez!!! This is terrible! Omotola is WAY, WAY, WAYY more eloquent! Kudos omosexy!

• Hannah January 21, 2014 at 1:34 PM

I just love Genny, listen is her accent in this interview. no forming. she has a clean Nigerian English. if its some people , they will mix wannabe British accent with american accent. nonsense.

well done Genny, proud of her anywhere i go.

• ellar January 21, 2014 at 1:55 PM

This is great!!! Genny any time babe..love ya

• ellar January 21, 2014 at 1:55 PM

This is great!!! Genny any time babe..love ya

• Cocobutter January 21, 2014 at 2:13 PM

I love me some Genny anytime anyday

• T.I. January 21, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Not impressed with Genny. Its obvious she knows the basic
      and not intellectual.

• goldfinch January 21, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I like how he called her name, my first time of hearing her
      name pronounced that way like a French
      will…….zhahn-vee-EV.

• ofk January 21, 2014 at 2:22 PM

this is pretty awesome, Genevieve is simply the best. she
      been profiled by Oprah, interviewed twice on CNN by the world’s
      leading journalists Pedro pinto and Becky Anderson, featured in
      international magazine such as Forbes, arise and Elle magazine etc
      and this interview in Canada. all the queen of nollywood
      salute

• Jane public January 21, 2014 at 2:52 PM

and where has that so called queen of nollywood gotten her to. A role as Ms Adebayo. Queen my foot. I am not stanning for anyone because I am no fan of either but for Lupita to just come out and knock both of them out of the park, as in blow them away, even the Times nomination means nothing compared to the status Lupita has achieved already. They should both spend time working on their craft. They have been in the business for too long, media whoring themselves for too long (both of them), to have nothing to show for it. Oprah o, CNN o, Time o, Forbes o, all that means jack for both of them when compared with Lupita’s success, so both their fans should go and sitdown abeg and deidcate use their voltron powers to get this women back on track. You know what they say about Empty Barrels

• Ewa January 21, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Gbamest!!!!!!!

• nene January 21, 2014 at 6:38 PM

nne, you gorrit.

• Thelma January 21, 2014 at 7:08 PM

confirm!!!

• Anonymous January 21, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Since when did this ever become a race to see whoever reaches hollywood and fame, first?
          To be honest.. there is nothing wrong in our own industry, yes we may have some faults but we are getting there. To be honest I don’t know what is so great with Hollywood that you feel the need to see every Nollywood star there?.. if it means that much to you, why can’t you do something and be a representative our country. Yes Lupita has gotten a long way, but why is it that you notice her skills and talent now.. just because she is in hollywood. Did you ever notice her when she was a cast in Shuga? It is a shame that we africans can’t appreciate what we have, but feel the need to seek elsewhere. So because Genevieve and Omotola are not in Hollywood, it means they haven’t achieved anything. Has it ever accured to you that maybe they don’t feel the need to be a hollywood starlet?.. One thing for sure is that they have achieved a lot more than you can say you have ever achieved this far. atleast there are some people that know them. Who knows about you, other than your need to comment on something you have no knowledge about.
          I am not judging you for laying down your opinion but I am dissapointed that you think that reaching Hollywood is the greatest achievement for all actors and actresses.. or atleast that is what you make seem like.
          Anyway, just wanted to share my opinion since you shared yours.

• anonymous January 21, 2014 at 10:56 PM

U see dis is my problem with Nigerians, we don’t get to appreciate our pple and give room for comparison at every slightest opportunity. So because lupita has been able to make it to Hollywood now makes our own celebs irrelevant. And what annoys me is that these were the same people that were praising them when they were mentioned on Forbes nd all. Please because Lupita got there first doesn’t mean they won’t . Afterall nobody knew Lupita in the past few years so please take a chill pill and celebrate our stars rather than downgrade them. So many African celebs are even dreaming to be in their shoes even the same Lupita mentioned and here you are condemning them. Biko na small small, we are getting there and we still remain No 1 in Africa so relax guys.

• Jennifer January 21, 2014 at 2:52 PM

I’m not her fan but she’s super talented. This lady has made a name for herself and isn’t a wannabe or an attention seeker. Also, being on a Canadian show isn’t so much of a big deal, to be honest. She’s been featured on CNN, big deal. I watched the interview in 2010 I believe, in Toronto. I was so impressed. Good luck girl! God bless you.

• Ola January 21, 2014 at 2:53 PM

QUEEN OMOTOLA SHOULD COME AND SCHOOL THIS NGBEKE GENNY ABEG, NO CONFIDENCE AT ALL, KILODE? She should have declined the invitation, you have been a celebrity for donkey years lol and you can’t explain rightly about your country’s history, what a shame!

• Jennifer January 21, 2014 at 2:54 PM

The interview I watched on 2010 is the CNN one.

• Sexxie January 21, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Smh. All these Gene/Omotola fans should grow up already! Haba! Wetin sef?

• tish January 21, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Haba!!! But I must admit that as soon as I saw the OmoT on CNN’s African voices, I just KNEW Genny would make a comeback!! These gals sha!!!

• anonymous January 21, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Dis interview was done last year even before Omotola’s CNN invitation.

• Athena S.A. January 21, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Maybe she speaks about Nigerians being dramatic….she shouldnt generalize. Pretty but lacks wisdom. I agree with whoever said she must go back to school. Needs to sharpen up her intellect

• Kiki January 21, 2014 at 4:23 PM

She looked too tensed for me.

• Deeteekay January 21, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Sometimes if you don’t have something nice to say, its best to look away or better still, SHUT UP!
      I am sitting here thinking if i were in her shoes, would I have done better or worse?
      Proud of you lady Genevieve, it shows your gift has made room for you to sit before great people. Praying my gift also makes bigger room for me. I am inspired

• Cool cat January 21, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Please it is a shame, big shame to mention lupita in this post. That’s a Yale graduate, not these half baked actresses in nigeria who fell into acting as a last resort.

As for genny, she is a sad case. The interviewer asked if a lot of African nations were gaining independence at the time and she doesn’t know the difference between that and the civil war. What a shame

• Lagos used to be my home January 21, 2014 at 9:43 PM

The time they should use to garner knowledge they will use it frolicking the corridors of Abuja. Girl needs to go back to school!

• e-bukun January 21, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Ok things were going pretty ok till her transition to her foundation, I was eating and then I was like “whaaa, how did you get there? where did that come from?” Did not see that coming or the correlation so….er yea, might wanna prep next time, and stop rubbing your legs so much. But you look great.

• anonymous January 21, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Exactly my thot! But i feel some parts of the interview has been cut off cs dt foundation has no correlation with the question being asked. And we cant see the I am young part anymore so the interview was definately edited.

• Naomi January 21, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Its always easy for humans especially the average Nigerian to negatively criticize someone else…to those who are insulting Genny, in your own field/industry, do you always perform better than your peers? If you can’t honestly answer yes to that question, then you have no right to raise the first stone……lets learn to give constructive criticism. Well done Genny, not a bad attempt, I’m sure your next interview would be flawless.

• SugarOnMyLips January 21, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Always remember my Naija pips, ” Opinion is like an Asshole, everyone has got one”, but what they fail to realize is that not everyone wants to see it displayed in the public space. So carry on my pips with this unproductive comparisons of the two successful ladies, it’s your right to do so, thank jesus for platforms like BN that allows us to do this!

• Bev January 21, 2014 at 7:12 PM

She was nervous, but that is ok. I have seen and heard worse from International veterans. She needs more practice, that’s all.

As for those Omotola, Genny, Lupita, nothing to show for , bla, bla, bla apologists. GO AND SIT DOWN.

Lupita is the latest fad in Hollywood today, when they find a new one, they will dump her. Let us wait for her next 3 movies ( that is after she HAS to do television to pay the bills) before we talk. No be Hollywood? They are using her like a handbag. As Uche Jumbo said, paraphrasing here – We will be here working and making money, they will come and meet us. Meaning “Hollywood”.

What is that boy and girl from slumdog doing today? What are those actresses from The Help doing, what is Gabourey doing, what is Jennifer Hudson doing today?

Look Hollywood does not see it for black actresses unless they are playing the slave/the crack prostitute/the maid/the troubled black woman or the generic African(fill all the stereotypes here), besides , you cannot out- American an American.

• Jide January 21, 2014 at 7:32 PM

You don’t get it do you. Whether they used them and dump them or not at least they recognised their talent. The hollywood machine flashed them around for the world to see before they moved on and whatever happens years down the line they were still recognised and will be remembered for their craft. These two women have been parading themselves everywhere for so long and sorry I have to agree with Jane public on this one. What has been the reward? With all the so called “global exposure”, CNN this, Oprah that, Times, this, Forbes that as my Mum will say. and then? We need to see them work and let that work speak for them and not this media circus they have ben putting themselves through for the past few years. Ask Oprah if she can remember who Genevieve is now. Oprah that has interviewed hundreds if not thousands of people. Ask if she remembers who Genevieve is and she will pause first and ask her team. 5 years down the line when Lupita no longer becomes “relevant” as you said. Ask Oprah whether she won’t remember her. Ask the people who sat beside Omotola or said hello to her at The Times event if they remember who she is and they most likely won’t. You see all the names of the black women that you mentioned, news flash Bev, MANY PEOPLE STILL REMEMBER THEM FOR THEIR ROLES. That is the difference. They made an impact, though brief, they let their talent speak for them. If they truly had it, they would have also had their day in the spotlight but sorry they aint got it. Any stan who gets offended by that should go ahead. What is even more amazing about Lupita is she is Kenyan. The chick basically came from Kenya and only lived in America for a few years studying at Yale. Shey the rest are even born and bred Americans. She deserves the hype please. If na so it easy why these two women never even reach 5%. Abeg sit down too.

• Bev January 22, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Again, you cannot out-game the master. What is “achievement”? Who gets to determine that? Inbreeding Hollywood? Hollywood is
          not the be all and end all.They were featured on CNN, Times and Oprah because of their influence/work in AFRICA, let that sink in.

Look at Bollywood, how many of their stars have transitioned? Mind you, Bollywood has been at the game for over 50 years. Nollywood in that regard is a neophyte.

These people and their colleagues have worked blood, sweat and tears to be the Nollywood acts you have to bash today.

A lot of you do not get it, and that is ok.

When you meet people in Rio,Montreal,London,Bridgetown,Orlando and they hear your accent and you tell them where you are from and the first thing they says is ah! Mercy Johnson/Aki and Paw Paw /oh my daughter loves Ramsey/ Omotola/Genevieve , instead of 419/Bomb/corruption or the bad thing du jour, you will get it.

Nobody was checking for Ayira in Shuga, Lupita does another slave movie and Nollywood actresses cannot drink water in peace. She is the current fetish, time get belle, because black women hating , white-washing, self-fellating Hollywood is nothing if not predictable.

One day we will have to come to terms with the fact that America/Hollywood is only a very,very,small part of the entire world.

• Kelly January 22, 2014 at 3:44 PM

I love you Bev. You just said everything I have been trying to say. I love Lupita and all but I know Hollywood and Nigerians have taken it to a different level. Lupita went to Yale good for her. She went to the Drama school to better herself because she can afford to. Just because another actor did not have that opportunity doesn’t make them bad. But trust Nigerians, half of these people haven’t watched 12 years a slave o yet they want to come and join the hype. These Nollywood actors can do better but I must say they have come a long way and because they didn’g go to yale does not make them less of a human being.

• Olabode January 21, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Never knew she was so pretty and she maintained her accent not like those that love to fake accent.

• Joe January 21, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Some people are just so funny.na how Lupita come enter this matter now?Omotolo is just so doing her thing same as Genny in their own corners at Bev uve said it all..Omotola is doing her thing and breaking waves same as genny and Lupita in their own angles and some looser will come here and type nonsense…We Africans funy

• Cychou January 21, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Pretty lady, she was nervous, it’s understandable. It can happen to everyone. Love that she always keeps it real and speaks good English w her true accent…

• ekumankama ogechi January 21, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Genny!!!! I will always love u forever, I love ur boldness and ₫ way u speak with no pretence and ur always in a good dressing bt ₫ tin way I no like na ₫ way u spend money on hand bags and wrist watches of 220 million naria, well shaa is ur life and u have to live it to ₫ fullest BRAVO!! I love u

• anonymous January 21, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Nice Genny! one thing i like about this lady is that she is so natural. i am so proud that she is a Nigerian and i am one. i do love omotola too but i think she is too fuzzy about her shows, she should learn to be natural. lots of love Genny.

• kenny January 21, 2014 at 8:26 PM

@Ola God bless u. You actually did summed it up well. This
      woman need some coaching, she can do better because the
      opportunities are there, but she has to take advantage it. She
      dwell more, the illiterate Bf cum celebrity she’s dating right now
      who can even express himself as well.

• Leila January 21, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Especially female children between the ages of 18 to 24!
      Pardon? I’m sorry did she really just say that. And how do you
      ‘cultivate’ it into schools please? I think she meant incorporate.
      Hian o

• bobbydox January 21, 2014 at 9:17 PM

You guys are just wasting your damn time wait and see, when she climbs and get there what next would u people be saying now human beings would forever be who we are HYPOCRITES. genevieve nnaji keep the flag flying high

• Ivie January 21, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Well done Genevieve…. Am proud of you!prouldly Naija

• Ugo January 21, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Enough of the badbellerism biko,una wey dey shout jupita,jupita,like say na she be the planet wey them don find since,you leave out the fact that she just graduated from yale(the foreign accent and the american advantage),omotola and genevieve finish university for naija sef?,yet them still dey manage small small. Given, they are overrated in Nigeria,but what do you expect from a country that celebrates mediocrity?,let’s just encourage them and when necessary offer constructive criticism instead of pitting them against each other or tearing either down with all this empty bele inspired comments,grow up children…

• Ugo January 21, 2014 at 10:22 PM

@ kenny,you sef need coaching oh,ifukwa gi,pikin wey suppose dey read make e finally get in english paper,come here dey distribute advice. Nna kpachakwa anya gi.

• chigirl January 22, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Great interview!!!! good job Genevieve. I read d comments before watching d interview & I was pleasantly surprised. Yes maybe she was nervous but she was poised, laid back and relaxed. Most Nigerians are not used to such countenance, if u are not aggressive & I too no-ish, u are not sharp. Biko, Genevieve did well, excellent interview, didn’t take herself too seriously & totally down to earth. I watched Lupita’s interview today on The Queen Latifah show and was amazed at her humility, no airs about her & that was what I saw with Gene.

• NNENNE January 22, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Great interview,Genny. it’s always a pleasure watching your movies. Please remain as humble as you are. Good luck with your foundation.

• NNENNE January 22, 2014 at 5:41 AM

Crab mentality is a very bad thing. It is amazing how people would do anything to pull others down. Whosoever God has blessed, no one can cause. No amount of hating would change that.

• Busarni January 22, 2014 at 8:24 AM

omotola and genevieve will probably be laughing at all of you trying to pit them against each other. For una info; they are close buddies and tight. Trust me, i am an insider. Nigerians!!!!!! i tire for una oooh!!!

• ofk January 22, 2014 at 8:25 AM

all hail the queen of nollywood very classy and eloquent. genny is the best and she forever reigns. who God bless let no man curse

• Felinda1 January 22, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Lately I dont care for Genevieve any more. When is the last time she gave her fans a goid movie. I mean its more than 5 yrd now. Am tired of waiting, Am over her. Just cos you are a great actress doesnt mean you should keep your fans hanging. I miss the sharon stone days.

• Felinda1 January 22, 2014 at 9:39 AM

She seems nervous in interviews. In hollywood there are image consulting companirs who specialize with that. Waych lupits in an interview and compare the difference. All nigerian celebs need that type of agency. Each and every one lacks confidence when they do live interviews and especially abroad

• ME January 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Nna mehn, I did not see anything wrong with the interview after reading all the bashing comments and I think George Strompholofoges was into her too, see the way he kept leaning towards her and she was very coy in answering some questions and the audience laughed!!! That’s a big something o! That somebody found what you say amusing?? That means they were not bored!! She did very well.

• NNENNE January 22, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Whom ever God has blessed, no one can curse. Constructive criticism is always welcomed.

• NNENNE January 22, 2014 at 12:14 PM

No one is perfect. I watched Lupita’s interview with Jimmy Kimmel live… It could be better. Let us encourage our own and not pull them down.

• donna January 23, 2014 at 1:54 AM

So the “I’m young, I don’t remember” section has been
      edited out? That’s how bad it was.

• wiklo January 23, 2014 at 7:08 AM

can we please celebrate some of our Nigerian ladies that
      have graced the Hollywood carpet – OSAS IGHODARO and ENE
      OLOJA…

• Funmi January 28, 2014 at 9:08 PM

The very day Nigerian start to appreciate themselves
      That day we will take our place as GIANT OF AFRICA
      But for where…JEALOUSY, HATRED,ENVY,SELFISHNESS will not grant us the grace.
      Hunnnnnnn

• Elle January 29, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Trying to be as objective as possible:
      Not many people read which is not good. So its possible she read the script before the book. But it is absolutely necessary to do research about a role or script that you are given. I’ve watched Hollywood stars admit that they had never heard about a particular subject but when they read the script, they did a lot of research and even went as far as interviewing/meeting people involved.
      Why this Hollywood comparison? Well I’ve heard our actors and actresses say that they will love to get there. They have even named people they will like to act with.
      I think we just need to step up.

• LucyLou January 31, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Its ok to criticize your own too-so this is constructive:) I love Genny but this was a terrible interview, I am still in shock! anyone can put it down to nerves but she had such a huge opportunity to talk about the wars impact on the geography, history, culture and demography of Nigeria. It was an opportunity to give people an understanding of the country and some of the historical scars that have shaped the country and how Nigeria has struggled to overcome this.. It is history, she even read the script and acted the damn movie!!#justdontgetit.. she is a pretty girl