My Very Own Mechanic! Titi & Kayode’s 11 Year Love Story & Pre-Wedding Photos

Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image13Titi and Kayode (@dautodoc) met right after she finished secondary school, so they have known each other for over 10 years now. After trying long distance (and failing), they remained friends but then rekindled their relationship the moment Titi moved back to Nigeria, and they have been inseparable since.

The couple just got married this past Saturday. Congrats!

Here’s their love story and pre-wedding photos.

***

Photography: Libran Eye Photography | Olalexy Photography | Prince Meyson PhotographyTiti and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image14How We Met
by the bride, Titi
We met at an end of the year party at MKO Abiola Gardens in 2005. I had just finished secondary school and I was just enjoying the holidays when I met this gorgeous man. He walked up to me for a dance and I was like, “I don’t know how to dance” (the usual fronting line, lol), he replied, “I will teach you”. That was how I love story started *BIG GRIN*Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image15 (1) Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image15We dated for a bit before I told him I had to travel to UK for college and University, I thought he would break it off as many men don’t like long distance relationship, more so we hadn’t dated that long for me to trust him to stay faithful (it was just insecurity). He was adamant we continued the relationship that he was 100% certain this is it for him. I happily agreed and we kept in touch while I was away.Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image12After a couple of years of dating and visiting, the heart went fonder and we eventually broke up. We both tried other relationships afterwards that never worked out for us but we kept striving. During this period we still kept in touch and shared our relationships, forming “shoulder to cry on’” for each other (in my mind I was sad and angry) *sigh*.Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image2 (2) Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_elegushi beachTiti and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image4 (1) Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image7 Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image6 Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image5Fast forward to 2014 April, I told him I was returning the next year for good after I concluded my MsC program and I needed him to find me a good car (He is a Mechanic). Prior to that he had told me he ended his relationship early that year and he was focusing on building his empire, by then I was single from my miserable relationship also, so magically we were both single at the time of my return (it was totally unplanned I promise) 🙂Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image11When I arrived, he stopped by that morning after work (as per, “I want to be the first person you see when you wake up”) and that was the beginning of our continued Love story. It seemed like I never left, we clicked like we never broke up, we built a bond like never before.Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image10Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image9The Proposal
A year ago, on January 10, 2015, it was my dad’s 18 years’ remembrance, We both went for one of his friend’s wedding in Abeokuta. While we were getting ready and I was nagging about how my gele looked, I turned around to ask his opinion of my 5th attempt, and there he was on one knee in the presence of other guests. It was the happiest day I had longed for.

Oluwakayode is the true definition of my future and all I wanted. I have found my life long pair, my world’s best mechanic, my man, my everything.Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image19 Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image21 Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image20 Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image16 Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image18 Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image17 Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image23 Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image24 Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image121 Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image22Titi and Kayode Pre-Wedding Photos_BellaNaija Weddings 2016_image13 (1)

***

68 Comments on My Very Own Mechanic! Titi & Kayode’s 11 Year Love Story & Pre-Wedding Photos
  • @edDREAMZ February 11, 2016 at 3:41 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Long and lasting union is all i wish them though……
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Wale February 11, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Very interesting story! Nothing like Cinderella story but beautiful! Blessing all around your home!

• Baby Dee February 11, 2016 at 4:44 pm

This one is not Cinderella enough for you abi? Isn’t until wicked step mother enter inside the matter???

• Yeyeperry February 11, 2016 at 4:01 pm

They look so beautiful together.

• Babe February 11, 2016 at 4:13 pm

This is nice

• ADEKEMI February 11, 2016 at 4:18 pm

wonderful story LOVE, smile……..I wish you all blessings of marriage in jesus name

• annonymous February 11, 2016 at 4:24 pm

This one’s are in lovvvvvveship. I can testify …chai.

• maryam February 11, 2016 at 4:28 pm

kool story. God bless your home.

• Nasir February 11, 2016 at 4:34 pm

That guy is too polished to be a mechanic. Maybe she meant mechanical engineer…

• Ann1 February 11, 2016 at 4:51 pm

I’m sure she knows exactly what she meant, madam soothsayer.

• Ivy February 11, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Forget it, it’s nigerians that see some jobs as jobs only for low class. People have sent their children to the best schools with money from so called “menial jobs”.
      Open your eyes to opportunities around you, don’t wait for oil well.

• Ndidi A February 11, 2016 at 4:56 pm

Anything can happen my dear. Olujumoke was a bread seller, is she not polished now ?

• Ewa February 11, 2016 at 5:08 pm

Really? Human beings with their need to attach specific labels to people. I know of a 30 year old guy, an economics graduate. Do you what his dream was? He wanted to be a mechanic. Yes a mechanic. Now he’s a millionaire mechanic in Lagos.

cp-africa.com/tag/taiwo-abiri/ . If Kayode is a mechanic, he is. Wouldn’t stop him from being successful or fulfilled. He’s not to polished to be a mechanic. Everyone’s lane is diiferent

• Dee February 11, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Naija people and title. Lol mechanic or mechanical engineer. All join. Wat does it matter? Some people will be forming big title with empty pocket. Hian

• Nahum February 11, 2016 at 9:05 pm

Tell them o!! I know so many people that will be waxing strong form “resource manager for Deloitte” yet will happily borrow 20k and not pay it back. As long as this is his passion, he will make mega money. This is a true love story. Many young ladies will not build with him but will try and infiltrate the marriage when the empire is built. *sigh* May God protect and defend this marriage from infiltrating demons.

• Nahum February 11, 2016 at 9:05 pm

Typo stop changing my avatar

• Olori Tari February 11, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Wait what. What is wrong with being a mechanic? Is it a job for certain type of people? Lol wake up Nigerians. Will the ‘mechanic’ title make you feel better if you realise he is very successful, fulfilled and well, richer than you? (Just painting a scenario). Or will you feel better if he packaged the mechanic title? Because I don’t understand. My friend is a plumber and he’s very rich and fulfilled. Heck, while majority of us went to Uni and all. He knew his passion and applied for a top apprenticeship instead. Today, he is doing great! I wish I had a passion for things like that.

Congratulations to the gorgeous couple!

• Joan85 February 11, 2016 at 6:07 pm

Nope, she actually meant motor mechanic. He is polished, but he does own a mechanic workshop in Lagos, that’s what he does for a living. It’s real, hunny lol.

• Hawt Talk With Tosan February 11, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Just so you can sleep better at night, he went to University of Lagos and has a huge car repair operation. Here is his site codered.com.ng/the-team/

I love how they did not bother to elaborate on his mechanic career. These are people who know who they are!

• Kehinde February 14, 2016 at 1:20 pm

He is a mechanic. A unilag graduate turned high class mechanic due to passion. When you get to his workshop if they call your car repaid cost at the price of N50,ooo, you wont argue. He is a literate mechanic

• uzo February 11, 2016 at 4:55 pm

aww……. see tears welling up in my eyes…… happy couple

• zobo February 11, 2016 at 4:59 pm

the fact that he;s a mechanic will start pinching some people . waiting for comments …lol

• Spunky February 11, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Such tales give one a huge dose of hope @ finding love. May you experience this bliss forever.

• Loduh February 11, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Wow wow wow!!!!!!
    Beautiful and a most refreshing love story without the twist of the investment banker, medicaldoctor, oil and gas attorney based in the texas with proposal at a luxury restaurant in France, Dubai, cambodia or vegas……
    Hardworking, cosmopolitan and successful blue collar dude with an Abeokuta proposal….qualifies for a BN post….Gba be!
    Congrats guys, Happy Married Life
    To the groom, Your EMPIRE dream will happen and it will change the face of the trade in Jesus name!!!

• Nahum February 11, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Amen!!! I claim it for them

• adelegirl February 12, 2016 at 8:44 am

Amin L’oruko Jesu! Very refreshing love story.

• Bellemoizelle February 11, 2016 at 5:23 pm

I love these people! See as their black dey shine!!! They are meant to be….. Seriously I have been booless for over a year now! Lol…. #Oluwatheboo locator! I await….

La vie est belle…

• keke driver February 11, 2016 at 5:34 pm

As in Mechanic in an oil company abi??

• bii February 11, 2016 at 5:38 pm

BN needs to insert a ‘dislike’ or ‘see-dem-see-dem-dem-don-come-again’ button for the likes of @nasir and naysayers. Look properly, both cars used in tthe photoshot are not honda or toyota, Range & Benz mehn. Big boi ‘mechanic’, she is simply being modest

• Ada Nnewi February 11, 2016 at 5:41 pm

I wish them many many many beautiful years together….

• Aderemi’s Blog February 11, 2016 at 5:41 pm

God’s best wishes to you Titi & Kay

• cos I say so February 11, 2016 at 5:43 pm

Thank you BN for listening and putting up a real story that we can all relate to
    I love their play fight picture… just shows how truely close they are

• Aderemi’s Blog February 11, 2016 at 5:47 pm

God’s best wishes to you Titi & Kay

• Bolla February 11, 2016 at 5:55 pm

Lol see me smiling mumuishly. I love love the kung fu pose. WA YA, PI SHAUN

• Jummy February 11, 2016 at 6:15 pm

Nigerians need to wake up. We worship titles and hinder creativity. I grew up in Ekiti state. I know a lot of Harvard, MIT, Yale trained PhDs and professors who could not put a roof on their heads while my father’s friend, a carpenter who specialized in office upholstery had beautiful mansions. I am sure this groom to be is university trained. He pursued his passion and became a mechanic with an edge instead of being another unemployment statistics. To top it all, he is so proud of it! I am very proud of him. We would be a better country if only 5% of our currently unemployed graduates could do what this guy it. I hope we can just be people without paying so much attention to titles and professional status.

• Olu February 11, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Poverty mentality dey worry us in Naija I swear. Come and see mechanic in U.S….na you go dey beg am sef.. The Mexican guy that mows my lawn drives a brand new Cadillac..
    In Nigeria, there is no dignity in labor..na illiterate politicians we go dey do ranka deydey for.
    What’s the damn difference btwn a mechanical engineer and a mechanic if not for our archaic mentality?
    Mecho, plumber, obioma, waste management, vulcanizer – clean up your act and watch people troop to your store.
    Let us learn to commend honesty and hard work regardless of the titles we have chosen to given the profession. The should be dignity in labour…in Nigeria as well!

• Didi February 11, 2016 at 6:50 pm

That’s @dautodoc on IG. He runs Code Red Auto Shop. They wedded last Saturday. Congrats!!!

• Rocco February 11, 2016 at 6:55 pm

Thats a wrench he’s got. C’mon for a car? Thot its used by plumbers? …..just saying.

• Midas February 11, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Dear God,my name is Titi too,kindly answer my prayer and give me a worthy testimony.

• Trich February 11, 2016 at 7:14 pm

For those of u tat don’t know.Kayode went to unilag,being a motor engineer or mechanic whatever u want 2 call it is what he has always wanted to do.Coupled with d fact that he is from a very rich family.His dad was once the Commisioner of Police for lagos state and Kogi.And at the moment,the Chairman of lawsma

• NaijaPikin February 11, 2016 at 7:19 pm

This is the reason why some people will never find happiness. What is wrong with being a mechanic? He knows about cars and how to fix them, probably went to school for it also. Abi because he didn’t throw engineer behind it?

Naija roads are bad, cars break down all the time. Won’t you be glad to have a solid mechanic (properly trained) and honest (so you dont have to keep searching for mechanics that will dupe you).

I have said it my children (when God blesses me) must do apprenticeships as a Tailor, Hairdresser, Mechanic, Plumbing, Electrical or some Construction related work. Too much money in these industries.

Congratulations to this lovely couple. May your marriage be forever joyful

• Mary Nnaji February 11, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Fine couple, great blend, God bless your marriage!

• Trish February 11, 2016 at 7:27 pm

The groom Kayode went to unilag,being a motor engineer or mechanic whatever you want to call it,is what he has always wanted to do,coupled with the fact that he is from a well to do family.His dad was once the Commisioner of Police for lagos state and Kogi state

• smh February 11, 2016 at 7:40 pm

Kayode is not from a poor home guys (he attended one of the best secondry schools too) he’s an engineer (even his family wasn’t cool with the whole mechanic thing but that didn’t stop him from choosing his dream job)

congrats to the couple

• Honeycrown February 11, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Dear Titi & Kayode, I love your story and I wish you a very happy married life filled with Gods love, good health and wealth. Amen!

• concerned9a February 11, 2016 at 8:10 pm

We need change our mindset in 9ja.. In UK for example builders….plumbers..mechanics..heating engineers. .gardeners and much more….are very well paid..
    There’s dignity in labour..and they have no probs getting nice babes..
    Some earn more than your booted and suited office workers….congrats to the couple.

• adelegirl February 12, 2016 at 8:47 am

Extremely well paid. Their services don’t come cheap. Reason why most obodo oyinbo people are DIYers. You should see the online forums on car repairs, for instance. Most will rather try to fix whatever’s wrong themselves than fork out $$$ for professionals.

• person February 12, 2016 at 12:09 pm

as in. I am watching you tube videos on how to paint a house…. as we speak. My kitchen needs repainting. Aint paying no body ££ for nada.
        Call out charge for plumber: £100…( plus VAT) call out o. before u even talk about the problem.

• Adaeze Writes February 11, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Awwwww…this made my heart melt. They look like a very fun couple. May God bless their union.

For captivating stories, visit adaezewrites.com

• sass February 11, 2016 at 9:49 pm

Kayode was my classmate at D-Ivy college. The tuition fees were not cheap so he isn’t from a suffer head background.
    He has always known what he wants and he enjoys it. I wish I had his guts. I am a lawyer just because of family.

Congrats Kayode and wify,I wish you guys the best today and always.

• Blood Diamond February 12, 2016 at 4:54 am

I live in US and my husband is a mechanic and am full home maker, you know what that means? it means am the one in charge of my family finance. Am so enjoying it……………………….hand work is the real deal. @Nasir @keke driver you too better look for mechanic or tailor to marry ooo. congrats gorgeous,

• iq February 12, 2016 at 7:48 am

Gd am. please what cars does your husband work on and is he interested in having interns?

• Tosin February 12, 2016 at 6:15 am

Cuteness.

• Good luck February 12, 2016 at 7:16 am

Wishing you a wonderful marriage and a house blessed with beautiful children!
    Remain blessed! i DONT KNOW you but your story is beautiful… even with the long courtship .. .this is true love..

• T February 12, 2016 at 9:11 am

Thank you Ivy…my brother and I were still having this discussion this morning…the need for Nigerians to impress other people, you’ll see someone that doesn’t have anything but still claim some job is beneath them, just because they want to fit into a particular social class in the society…been a mechanic(an experience one at that) isn’t a crime, be proud of what you do, be passionate about it, earn some good money and stop been fake with your account on red, that’s a msg for the people that don’t have jack but look down on other people who make honest living.

• Jumoke February 12, 2016 at 9:55 am

He is not only a very good mechanic,he is also very honest. He won’t start telling you crappy stories and exaggerating what is wrong with your car so you pay more. 2 years I have used his services and I am very pleased. I wish you the very best in your marriage.

• MamiM February 12, 2016 at 11:44 am

She loves the man for himself, all what comes after aka job title, social status….. are just mere insignificant details. True love makes life so beautiful.

• Chioma I-O February 12, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Titi congrats girl! This is beautiful. God bless your union.

• Olayemi February 12, 2016 at 10:33 pm

My hubby uses this guys services to fix our cars. Very honest and hardworking guy. I have been to his workshop before with him. He won’t give you ridiculous bills and he buys genuine parts. I keep telling hubby, don’t go to any other mechanic o. Congrats Code red and wife! This is true love.

• contact details February 13, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Pls I want to know his company name and address for my cars. Thx

• Omodada March 18, 2016 at 12:50 am

check out his website here codered.com.ng/services/

• adella February 18, 2016 at 2:43 pm

nice one , titi god bless ur marriage

• Hadassah March 22, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Congrats Guys!
    lol
    Nigerians sure do like “Titles”
    Thanks BN for showing this… (plus Value added services of advertising his business)
    Off to try out his company services….

• Androidvillaz May 23, 2016 at 10:47 pm

Only few girls will wait for him or even build life with him

Congratulations to them