Stephanie-Coker-Krotchet-Kulture (1)

Stephanie Coker is definitely not taking a break this year. The Nigerian On-Air Personality, just launched a new line of crochet braids dedicated to providing women with protective synthetic hair extensions without compromising on quality.

Krochet Kulture provides its clients with trendy protective hair extensions and styles that will enhance their manes. This protective method is quick, easy and a stress free experience for women of all races.

Speaking on the new line, Stephanie Coker says “I’m often asked what hair I use or who installs my twists, especially as my hair is relaxed. I embarked on a journey into hairstyles and methods and found a new trendy and stylish way of braiding. Compared to the conventional form of braiding, Krochet Kulture hair is unbelievably lightweight and quick to install. No need to sit down for hours braiding to achieve the same look.”

See the campaign photos below.

Stephanie-Coker-Krotchet-Kulture (2) Stephanie-Coker-Krotchet-Kulture (3) Stephanie-Coker-Krotchet-Kulture (4)

Photographer: Abu Salami
Makeup: Anita Brows

30 Comments on For the Love of Braids! Stephanie Coker, Lola OJ & Raisa Alao in Campaign Photos for Krochet Kulture
  • bruno February 9, 2016 at 11:21 am

pls never use that word “install” again when talking about hair.
    it sounds too strong and aggressive and weird
    I got so many wrong pictures in my head after reading the word install. like they use hammer and screwdrivers and nails to fix the hair to ur head.

• LOLEST February 9, 2016 at 11:36 am

• kadara February 9, 2016 at 3:10 pm

This is one celeb product i would actually buy,I’ve always loved her braids. It’s makes her stand out in this ocean of weaves

• newbie February 9, 2016 at 1:14 pm

Hahahahaha you and me both!

• WordPolice February 9, 2016 at 1:18 pm

Actually, install is commonly used by many people. In the US, for example, “install” is the default word to use when speaking about getting a weave and other forms of adding hair that’s not naturally yours. Yes, the common word used for describing the same thing is “fix” in Nigeria, but that sounds weird to some people, just like “install” may sound weird to you. Keep calm, different strokes for different folks.

• @wordmilitia February 9, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Please stop with the references to the US Abeg!! If it’s used in the US, does that give it automatic validation? Warrahell?

Nigerians be like: In the US, in the UK. Please stop copying and start being a game changer!!

• FasholasLover February 9, 2016 at 11:09 pm

@Wordpolice, You are absolutely correct.

• Sandra February 9, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Install – verb

place or fix in position ready for use.
      synonyms: put, position, place, locate, situate, station

Considering Nigerians like to say ‘FIXING’, there is nothing wrong with saying installing, in fact many beauty bloggers and hair company use that word.

• Bess February 9, 2016 at 1:39 pm

lol…yes oo they use a hair tool dat looks like screw driver to make d hair…

• Nero February 9, 2016 at 6:01 pm

So… Do you like it or not??

• Jay February 9, 2016 at 11:22 am

wOW. lOVE IT!!

• Love it February 9, 2016 at 3:26 pm

I have done this crotchet, it’s very pretty, but it was horrible to my skin, i broke out so much on my face, if you have sensitive skin, don’t use! because it’s a synthetic hair.

• Uju Lilian Ikegbune February 9, 2016 at 11:43 am

I am so going to rock this braids for my birthday on 28 of this month,, did she just say without compromising on quality? please without compromising on price too joor, it is so affordable from what I can see on konga. I already have 2 ways of rocking one pack, great content for my blog, I am so going to review the Krochet kulture after INSTALLING! #WomenInBusiness

• Nnennaya February 9, 2016 at 11:56 am

kikikikikikikikikikikikiki! Bruno kai u are officially weird yourself. So instead of admiring this beautiful pieces u are thinking of hammer and mama peace voice “kontinue”. btw I love the first hair hope average Nigerian woman can afford it.

• Idontget February 9, 2016 at 12:38 pm

But the hair doesn’t actually look this good in reality.
    #photoshop #hype #stopsellingdreams

• Temidayo February 9, 2016 at 12:42 pm

It actually looks good in real life, i ordered the brown and i’m currently rocking it.. Haterade, Patronise your fellow Nigerian and don’t hate.

• Adaeze Writes February 9, 2016 at 12:46 pm

I want this hair and I’ve always wanted it after I saw it on a friend. Will definitely get one even though I love sitting for some hours to get my braids done. I hope it’s not Photoshop and that it looks this good in reality.

For amazing stories, visit

• LadyWithTheAfroLocs February 9, 2016 at 1:05 pm

@Idontget…it does. stop being a soap.
    i recently chopped off my 8 years old locs…Stephanie is one of the reasons i look forward to “installing” the crochet braids. the hair is soft, luscious and is low maintenance….jst spritz with a mixture of water and oil(coconut or olive) and u are good to go…#nodreams #nohype
    i dont get why people wld come online and say stuff they have no clue about!!! absolutely preposterous…pscheeeeewwwww….@Idontget, dnt spoil my tuesday for me biko shift.

• ElessarisElendil February 9, 2016 at 1:10 pm

Hello uncanny valley.

• Sandra February 9, 2016 at 1:30 pm

LOVE THIS! Well done Steph!

• Sika February 9, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Nice venture in Lagos. This of course already exists in London and we have been rocking it over here thanks to those american vloggers. Well done steph. its a very good you guys all look beautiful. This Mrs Alao is another kind of beauty please. as in..stunner!

• fabulicious February 9, 2016 at 5:17 pm

I just saw it on konga.How many does one have to buy to get the desired fullness.

• Samson February 9, 2016 at 5:45 pm

THIS IS THE ONLY Hairstyle that makes Black women look drop dread Sexxy even to men of other Races.

• nunulicious February 9, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Okay Samson, I guess your comment is supposed to generate a backlash and we’re supposed to respond in indignation. We’ve noticed you now run along, you’ve had your 2 seconds of fame.

• @samson February 10, 2016 at 1:09 am

I wouldn’t say it’s the only hairstyle that makes black women look drop dead sexy. However, men especially black men, do love women in braids. It gives a edgy/pretty look in most women I see in braids.

• nystyle February 9, 2016 at 6:59 pm

When i read comments on blogs i smh cos i can tell the kinda low life, country unexposed peoplea that come and talk crap they know nothing about..dont spend ur life on bella and stella d…go on youtube and see about crochet braids in yankee and u will throw all them xpensive brazilian hair to the side shuuu. B4 u come here and show ur danm ignorance!

• well….. February 9, 2016 at 7:55 pm

Is she indirectly saying she invented crochet braids??? babe try visiting some villages in ibadan and oshogbo….. Meanwile i saw dis chic at the palms with exact braids as these photos. She looked like an octopus to me. #justsaying#

• bunmi February 9, 2016 at 8:29 pm

i could care less about the hair all i want to say is Raiza Aloa is f-ing pretty!!!! outty!!!

• diana July 20, 2016 at 8:36 am

This hair is a piece! Will get some for sale. I’ve used crochet for a while now and most of them are simply amazing even the mambo varieties. Proud of you Stephanie