Yunusa’s Father Insists Ese Oruru & His Son were in Love

Yunusa-Dahiru-Bala-KanoVanguard has interviewed 25 year old Yunusa Dahiru‘s father, 55 year old Dahiru Bala in their village.

His father insists the then 13 year old Ese and his son are in love. He also claims Yunusa was the Oruru househelp for a decade.

In contrast, Ese herself and her parents have insisted she was kidnapped, and that Yunusa was someone they assisted from time to time – giving him a roof over his head, until he started stealing from them.

Dahiru also says the Emir of Kano ordered Ese to be returned to her home in Bayelsa, and the family opposed Yunusa marrying Ese as they already had a bride for him.

Here are some excerpts from the interview –

How Yunusa and Ese Met

Yunusa was a house help to Oruru’s family for 10 years and when he told me of his love relationship with Ese, I opposed him because we already had a bride for him in the village. When he called to say that he was on his way home with his love I informed him of the bride we had found for him.”

Religious Differences

the love relationship between my son and Ese was built on ignorance of their religious backgrounds which make it difficult for anyone around here to support their marriage proposal. Here, I’m talking of embedded contraption that are highly offensive to my religion.”

You can read more on Vanguard.

47 Comments on Yunusa’s Father Insists Ese Oruru & His Son were in Love
  • keke driver March 5, 2016 at 12:10 pm

Your grown a*s son and a 13 year old girl are in love abi? you shameless old man.

• Damilola March 6, 2016 at 9:02 pm

Situations like this exposes and confirms, many Nigerian men are sick. Its a lawless country and morally corrupt. This is the mindset of these older men, to go after little girls and find it ok.

• seyi March 5, 2016 at 12:18 pm

God will punish th man and his son. Nonsense!! I it because of their stupid paedophilic ways that they think everyone I lik them. No wonder Nigeria can’t pass a law against these underage marriages because of ou Northern brethren and before any one comes for me I wa born an raised in the north so I know these things!! Abducting Christian girls . Forcing them into marriage. Hypnotising them.what kind of conversion is that. Thunder fire your mouth there. In love ko. How would you kno what love is when you probably married you four wives under the age of 11. Rubbish.

• jhennique March 6, 2016 at 8:46 am

That they were in love is not even an issue. It’s possible! But long and short she was kidnapped. That is what we are talking about here

• seyi March 5, 2016 at 12:20 pm

*is

• Tolu March 5, 2016 at 12:30 pm

If you say that again, I’ll make sure you join him in the prison. Beast?

• Authentic Sunshine March 5, 2016 at 12:32 pm

This boy’s age keep increasing with every update lol. Can he simply choose one and remain there for at least 6 months. That said, regardless of how they paint this story, it is not acceptable to disappear with someone else’s child. That is the crux of the matter.

• Ogo March 5, 2016 at 1:30 pm

I am telling you! Some say he is 18 others say he is 25! Can we ever get straight facts

• Lilo March 5, 2016 at 12:32 pm

God bless America. Cos even the emir of Kano himself would have been arrested without bail at this point let alone yunusa’s father spewing garbage. I can’t believe no arrests have been made

• lea valley March 5, 2016 at 1:27 pm

If there’s any justice in Nigeria, the Emir of Kano should be tried as an accessory after the fact but…

• CovertNigerian March 5, 2016 at 7:58 pm

The Emir that referred to the police so that they could enforce the law and send the child home should face prosecution? For what crime? Where’s your anger at the police for not doing their job properly? Please explain.

• lea valley March 5, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Even if they were in love the law says she is not old enough to give her consent to any sexual activity. So Mallam your son is going to be jailed inugo!

• Marlvina March 5, 2016 at 12:41 pm

Can this man just keep quiet?

• h March 5, 2016 at 12:45 pm

This embedded contraption english I see evrywia, na dis man speak am?

• Phoebe March 5, 2016 at 12:49 pm

What is this one saying? Love? a minor was in love with your 25 year old househelp son hmmm very believable

• prince March 5, 2016 at 1:20 pm

which love. stupid man looking like Akuya

• Ine March 5, 2016 at 1:35 pm

Which domestic help?The woman came all the way to Kano to take ur son as help. Unto wetin? I understand ur pain but y’all had a chance to release this girl to her mum when she came crying. No need to cry wolf now

• Someonecute March 5, 2016 at 2:09 pm

A 13 year old is a minor. A 25 year old has sex with a 13year old and the guy hasn’t been put behind bars? I weep for Nigeria? I’m still shocked at fani kayode’s take on this. And he calls himself a lawyer

• ebony March 5, 2016 at 11:52 pm

Not fani kayode I know you meant ”Festus Keyamo”..looolll

• Sallie March 5, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Remember everyone that these are solely my thoughts and opinion, you may all think otherwise but this is all mine.
    This Ese Oruru girl is not a victim of rape or kidnap. I strongly believe she convinced yinusa to take her away. You know all this young girls and their care free thoughts. Yes, Yinusa should have acted better but the girl must have been the one cajoling Yinusa to do all that he did. I think she is not as innocent as we all think a normal 13 year old should be, she seems to be have been more exposed at a young age, probably already had a corrupted mind. That is why she and Yinusa had an already blossoming relationship before they both eloped.
    There is a lot of work to be done starting from the family and the way our kids are brought up and the exposure we give or allow our kids to have. Let us not make this case one of a religious issue and lash out on the emir, sultan etc.
    I conclude that Ese Oruru needs to say the truth and go for therapy while the Yinusa guy has to face the law based on the true facts of the story and not the fabricated stories we all see in the media.

• Smh March 5, 2016 at 2:41 pm

People like you and flawed thinking like this is what is wrong with Nigeria! So a 13 year old girl child convinced a 25 year old man to take her away? while we are at it lets talk about Ese and how she conjured unicorns and flying cows into Kano.

• Madam Olowo March 5, 2016 at 3:19 pm

So Saliu ( not Sallie), a 13 yr child hypnotized a 25 year old man to “rescue” her away from home, have intercourse with her repeatedly and impregnate her…and of course her inept parents are also to blame.. All I can say is as you have judged, may circumstances put you in a similar position to be so judged , Amen.

• nikky March 5, 2016 at 3:27 pm

So according to you Ese needs to say your own version of the truth and not the truth she lived through. At the end of the day a thirteen year old is still a thirteen years old. The only thing she is guilty of is being poor. If not she and her brother won’t be helping their mother to sell food to Keke and Okada riders.
      Your misogyny is showing by the way. Encourage both young girls and boys be careful and respectful to each other. Do not shame girls when they become victims of boys bad behavior. It encourages boys like yanusa to grow up believing he can own a girl with or without consent.

• Yetu March 5, 2016 at 4:01 pm

@Sallie: These are based on your assumption and doesnt makr your version right…..please have a seat and stick to the fact.
      Every nonsense nobody got an opinion

• seyi March 5, 2016 at 4:15 pm

You are really informed!! This happens , lot in in North. Siddon there. She was abducted an hypnotised I tell you. It happens wella. It is a religious issue. It’s happen often in he North. Even the emir can’t feign ignorance. I’m sur God Is finally hearing prayers

• Focus March 5, 2016 at 9:07 pm

Seyi how is kidnap and hypnosis a religious issue?…. Are you painting people with the same brush?…Stay on track and don’t digress from the sense behind your argument…. Let those who commit such acts take responsibility as themselves not as their tribes or faith…….when the white man lumps blacks in condescending ways we rebuke it yet we are guilty of similar forms of discrimination.

• Reverse March 5, 2016 at 5:01 pm

A 13 year old child convinced a 25 year old man to take her away and put her in the family way? If Ese was your daughter, will you verbalise this nonsense? Have you been following Adam Johnsons case? Maybe you should … ignorance isn’t cute

• Anon March 5, 2016 at 5:09 pm

Pedophile like you. Your kind is only fit for God’s wrath. God punish you.

• kay March 5, 2016 at 5:33 pm

U re so on point……..Ese is not as innocent as she has been painted cos its possible she Didt leave Bayelsa as a virgin……d only problem I see is dt she’s underaged bt she was probably carried away dt was y she eloped

• Cindy March 6, 2016 at 1:00 am

Oh pls shut the f up! A non-virgin can also get raped.

• Anon Today March 5, 2016 at 5:50 pm

@ Sallie,
      ‘This Ese Oruru girl is not a victim of rape’. No, she’s not. Actually, Yunusa is a victim of CAJOLING
      So you typed that in your capacity as who? The Chief Justice of the Federation? You don’t have to be a lawyer to know what statutory rape means, do you? Yes, those were solely your thoughts and opinion but when such opinion is unashamedly in conflict with extant [basic] laws, I advise you don’t give it with such tone of finality; not on a touchy subject, not on a blog.
      ‘I conclude that Ese should say the truth’. Really? I guess the truth is only the truth when it suits your ‘thoughts and opinion’.
      A comment might come off as insensitive, another as ignorant. Just don’t lump the two together. It’s a terrible, sickening mix. My thoughts and opinion.

• listen to yourself March 5, 2016 at 5:55 pm

So @Sallie in other words you are trying to tell us that this your analysis was the reason why they forced Ese to claim she was 17 in that voice note. You are entitled to your opinion… yes but please reason like that a human being

• Ebere March 5, 2016 at 2:34 pm

I thought the boy was 22yrs, why the continous increase in age???????Nigerians with lazy kind of journalism…..New movie title “THE SICK MAN AND HIS SON”………..Poor Ese, I hope she recovers from whatever spell she’s under……….

• yay March 5, 2016 at 3:16 pm

idiot

• eva March 5, 2016 at 6:15 pm

Is Nigeria a country?? A country where rapists and child abusers are praised and looked up to. I can never even advice my enemy to raise children in Africa bcos we live in a very disgusting society. A 25 year old fool raped a minor and no arrest has even been made, the issue will be swept under the carpet and the child, forever damaged. Nigeria, clap for ur self. Mschhhw.

• oghenekevwe March 5, 2016 at 7:32 pm

The man is just pretending and trying to cover up for his son. Even the emir also,

• Xoxo March 5, 2016 at 8:06 pm

I don’t know why the Eight foundation hasn’t taken up this case yet! Why hasn’t the first lady said something about this? What is Abike doing in that house? Why aren’t we holding placards and calling for the head of this old fool and his son? Why aren’t celebrities saying something about this? This happens a lot of times in the north! Someone has to pay for this! Is it cos the victim is a nobody?

• Lola March 5, 2016 at 9:49 pm

lets take a breather and analyze this unbaised am yoruba and a christain( just to clarify am not hausa nor a muslim) and its just my humle opinion that i stay in warri and i have seen a situation not heard when a 9 year is boastful of the fact she has slept with numereous man i was quick to speak up to the mom who in turn insulted me to mind my business and allow her daughter enjoy her youth like seriously a child who isnt yet a teen sud be left to enjoy youth ke?hmmmm another thing i noticed is there are so many stories about this Ese story that makes me believe only yunsa and Ese only knows the truth not u not i not the parents not the public. i dont know why i feel in the beginning Ese wasnt innocent i.e collecting gifts,money e.t.c from the guy and when she decided to back off or made yunsa know she wasnt intrested in him,yunsa jazz her just thinking out loud #Ese&yunsa should speak the truth#

• Lola March 5, 2016 at 9:52 pm

#men#

• naijamess March 5, 2016 at 9:59 pm

It is only in Nigeria things like this happened without them be punish. Big shame to Nigeria and to African. Stupid religion and stupid mentality. Www. Naijamess. Com

• Paulette March 5, 2016 at 11:41 pm

I see comments where people are saying she was spoilt she asked for it, etc. And somewhere we have the law standing for a 15year old against a celebrity a footballer, he will be sentenced soon maybe for 10 years and he wasn’t even convicted of actual sex with the girl. But grooming and lewd acts.
    Here we have a 13 year old, and you play the blame game? Whether she chased him from pillar to post, the bottom line is SHE IS A MINOR!!!
    So she is spoilt, so she went after him, and him nko? He is the adult here, does he go scot free? How do you even wrap your mind to blaning a 13yr old for the irresponsible, selfish., and perverted actions of the adult here.

• Sallie March 6, 2016 at 1:31 am

@Madam Olowo, hope you feel better after the prayer you made.
    Now, moving on; ID like to reiterate the point that what I said is my opinion and thought concerning this case. I may be wrong, insensitive, unreasonable, ignorant and other things y’all mentioned. But remember they are my opinion and no reply on this blog is final and changes the outcome of this case.
    So I conclude this e

• Celeste March 6, 2016 at 10:07 am

Oh… just shut up!
      You are very insensitive as you are ignorant, and even when your wrong have been pointed out you are still too proud to admit.

I advice you look up Adam Johnson’s case with a 15year old. I hope that will enlighten you but if it doesn’t and you continue to spew thrash, then I join to say Amen to Madam Olowo’s prayer for you.

• Sallie March 6, 2016 at 1:32 am

Epistle; wishing you guys a happy Sunday.

• Concerned Nigeria March 6, 2016 at 9:00 am

Where is Yinusa!!!? Pictures of Ese – all over the Internet . Now pictures of Yinusa’s Father. Where the hell is Yinusa. (And please do not respond with that phone pic- that is not a mug shot or crime pic.)

• A.D.A. March 6, 2016 at 1:03 pm

Love what? Love wantiniti! So your own twenty-God-only-knows-what son has the audacity to bring this small girl home and you didn’t have the wherewithall to beat the fear of God/Allah/Yahweh into that fool and take that girl home yourself? You were only feeling some kind of way because you had already found another wife for him? Anuofia. Anumanu. Goat. Illiterate old man. If you can’t talk sense shut your mouth. You should be arrested as an accomplice. Idiot. This entire situation is madness.

• Bona March 6, 2016 at 2:50 pm

Just passing by. But I’d like to invite you people to Bayelsa and Benue; where you’d see 10 -15 year old children doing things some adults read only in x-rated magazines. Some shildren have really rotten. Don’t blame this old man; he only Acted on what his son told him. Marrying a young bride is not forbidden in the north so there is no way he’d have acted otherwise.