News

LAGOS HOT SPOTS

BellaNaija.com

A friend of mine who is Nigerian but grew up in the states was asking me about places to go in Lagos. So it got me thinking about fun places to go in Lagos…..Ever since I decided I was too old to go partying in Lagos ……..I have been forced to feed my partying urges but reminiscing about all the fun times out in Lagos…

I know some of u r Lagosians like me and some of you haven’t been back in a while…..so I have decided to fill u in on some of the Lagos hotspots….I cant cover everything today but I’ll try…This list includes restaurants, lounges and just places u can hang out….

Saipan:Lol….my friends will understand the laughter…this is my favourite place in lagos….I have honesty only been there like 6 times but some people (they know themselves) think otherwise….anyways, it’s got a Chinese themed bar/lounge and restaurant ….interior is lovely, crowd is usually pretty decent….just remember to take ur wallet…u r gonna need it

Tanjia:I used to hate this place but they have really stepped their game up….its a Moroccan themed bar/lounge with a restaurant. They have a members only and guest list policy and tend to have quite a number of ‘themed nights’ so there are loads of activities always going down….Really unique interior with a variety of themed rooms……

Terra Kulture :Lovely place…love it…Nigerian themed restaurant, art gallery, multipurpose hall……all round fun place……very classy….have a lovely garden as well….they hold loads of activities and events there……I’m thinking of havin a lil birthday thing there if I am in lagos around my b-day…..dont worry u r invited.

Soul Lounge: New bar/lounge @ the Palms mall…..hot

Bonzai: Japanese restaurant……great interior…really true to the theme…..I luv Japanese food as I’m biased…

Casa del Habano: Also known as La Casa or Cigar Lounge……nice place….better if you take a whole group of friends or wanna host a private party….
Taureanminx shared a recent la casa ‘experience’ on her blog….

Marcopolo: Chinese restaurant……renovated last year I think….great for a lil birthday dinner

Villa Medici: Absolutely stunning interior….its designed ‘venitian style’ with a lil bridge over water inside the restaurant. Its an Italian restaurant….usually pretty quiet so great for a nice romantic dinner or business lunch.
thanks to LagosLive for most of the photos

I’m so sorry that all the places here are in Victoria Island and Ikoyi…….I hear there is this really nice new bar/club in Ikeja called Planet One…..havent been there tho.
So any stories of nights out in Lagos? Which is ur fav lagos hotspot? Any awful experiences?

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.comFollow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. Nike

July 18, 2006 at 3:04 pm

wow, naija has really stepped up their game o.. im really impressed, havent been back in a while bt looks like imma have to check out some of these hot spots when i go back..!!

2. Dammie

July 18, 2006 at 3:44 pm

Nigeria is so hott!!!!!!…[email protected] Nike you should, and if you need more insights on where to go in lagos. There is this fab website that tells you everything

3. Dimples

July 18, 2006 at 3:46 pm

With places like that in Naija…really and truly what am I still doing in Jand???

• ChelseaGirl

February 9, 2014 at 10:36 am

Maybe its because you’re still calling it ‘Jand’ instead of London. Fair enough about these places in Lagos but don’t compare the uncountable amount of places to go and things to do in London to this, there’s just no comparison!

4. Orikinla Osinachi.

July 18, 2006 at 5:06 pm

Bella Baby,
    That was a perfect post.
    Well written and well illustrated too.

You can even make a brochure of it for tourism.

God bless.

5. Onada

July 18, 2006 at 10:09 pm

thanks for keeping us in the loop

6. Mona

July 20, 2006 at 2:35 pm

nice, nice :o)

i’ve been to half of them and the rest in my mind (since i’m not in naija in body, i’m three in spirit) heheh

7. Anonymous

June 9, 2007 at 1:19 pm

Nice one! Where exactly is Bonzai located? Sushi in Lagos? I must!! You don’t have Churrasco on there– Brazilian grill neither do you have Coconut Grove… News Cafe is right next to Soul Lounge at the Palms. Again, nice one–its a much needed post!

8. Anonymous

December 3, 2008 at 3:46 pm

And what about Volar, thats like the only decent club in Nigeria?!

9. bummy

August 10, 2014 at 8:07 am

Xovar lounge lekki is d best place to hang out @ all times,ladies nite on Wednesday karaoke on thursday,den d high point of it all,life band on Friday plus club nite,u can have your parties,birthdays,anniversaries nd all,great deal,d space is free,all u need do is buy food nd drinks, xovar can occupy 1000 people,d cuisines,awesome!,drinks nd cocktails,will blow u away,a trial ll convince u