News

Dakore, Darey, Funke Akindele, Tara, Ebun Anozie & Kingsley Uwadia Stand Up to Cancer

BellaNaija.com

genevieve-standup-for-cancer-coverLeading up to the Pink Ball, the new issue of Genevieve Magazine is hitting the newsstands and it displays an array of Nigerian stars including Tara Fela-Durotoye, Dakore Egbuson,  Funke Akindele, Ebun Anozie, Darey Art-Alade and Kingsley Uwadia as they STAND UP TO CANCER. These individuals share their personal experiences of being ‘Touched by Pink’. That is, having a family member or someone close to them being affected by breast cancer. Its a great collectors’ issue so pick it up!

1. Abi

April 15, 2009 at 12:54 pm

this is such a refreshing front cover picture….kudos to BETTY IRABOR & GENEVIEVE MAGAZINE for their cancer awareness campaign.!!!

2. Lynn

April 16, 2009 at 4:29 pm

When did Dare Art Alades name change to Darey???

3. K-West

April 16, 2009 at 9:34 pm

Nice pic, just beautyful
    I totally dig Dakores honey blond locs, luv it!

4. mary

April 18, 2009 at 2:35 am

just watched jennifer again this girl deserves all the accolades, good movie and its reality as even in my uni days this was the trend, passing the message in a very good way keep it up funke.

5. B abajide Sole

April 19, 2009 at 6:25 pm

without being “touched by Pink” the reality of cancer sometimes doesn’t feel close to home. but when you see folks like Funke Akindele, Darey and co “touched by pink…” Hmmn..it kinda kept me at the edges of my seat. the reality just dawned on me as i read this post!!! Kudo’s goes to Genevieve magazine for this brilliant initiative. The Nigerian Entertainment Report

6. aisha

April 20, 2009 at 1:45 pm

This is a very good cause and campaign, Thumbs up for Betty Irabor and Genevieve magazine crew for this cause, a lot of women have died from breast cancer because of ignorance, my mum lost a friend to breast cancer last year and my cousin removed a lump from her breast in December 2008 thank God for breast cancer awareness, my cousin would have properly be dead by now.

7. Anio

April 21, 2009 at 11:54 am

when is the pink ball?

8. ice

April 29, 2009 at 3:04 pm

criously dnt knw wat d pink thingyz al about….bt mehn dakore u’ve rily gt mi goin bannanas…bella she still single?

9. lols

April 29, 2009 at 11:14 pm

well done guys! worthy cause – I’ll be running a race to raise money for cancer research next month myself. I hope the money they raise will be put towards same as well as raising awareness…

10. ChastedaBROWN HEART

May 10, 2009 at 5:15 pm

Kudos Bella&Genevive 4dis Worthy cause…hpe we suport the cause to raise awareness 4d Heart…pls Support the BROWN HEART CAMPAIGN

11. kemchi

May 12, 2009 at 2:32 am

Girl u read my mind, I tire o!

12. Femann1530

May 12, 2009 at 3:32 pm

I am so impressed by the mare sight of the front cover of this issue. I lost my sister, maternal grand mother and three friends to cancer. I am glad to see Nigerian’s are largley conscious of this illness and making great effort to create further awareness. Kudos to the brilliant brains & hands that brought this to light. God bless you all.

13. kujeh

May 18, 2009 at 8:27 pm

Brillianto, that was very impressive. am so glad that you guys are up to save lives. Goodluck to you all

14. Labby

May 28, 2009 at 4:32 pm

It is always a joy to see Dakore be it in a movie or helping a worthy cause. What is happening with her these days as I have not seen her in any movies for sometime now.

15. oyenike Alliyu

June 4, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Funke,this is what happens wen God wants to lift u up,after ur award winning movie,u av featured in so many programmes,events and so on now its pink ball again,well thats wat we say wen u av an intelligent child encourage that child,so proud of u anyday unlike some Yoruba artist who just write scipts that does not even av any positive infact on the society.Keep the ball rolling Babe

16. ESTEE OLOKO

July 7, 2009 at 10:17 am

WHAT A FINE COLLECTION KEEP IT UP GUYS

17. koko brown

December 30, 2009 at 12:10 pm

big ups to genevieve magazine for such a brilliant idea……’touched by pink’.my heart goes out to all the featured celebs cause they sure are leading great and examplary lives.
    luv y’all

18. Mabel ebot

November 10, 2010 at 10:47 am

You are an angel and God sent for the needdy and unfortunate.may God bless you and grant your hearts desire at all times.