News

My Style: Onyeka Emordi

Ijeoma Balogun

shoot4It’s your regular dose of the BN feature; My Style! If you are interested in appearing on this page, simply send two pictures of yourself or that of a friend depicting a typical Day and Night Look with a short summary of your style to my email box: [email protected]

When your entry is approved, you will be required to send in more pictures and personal commentaries on your style or that of your friend as the case may be! Thanks to those who have participated so far, keep the emails coming.

Let’s remember that this feature is about appreciating an individual’s expression through clothing!

Bella Naija reader, Onyeka Emordi is a lady of few words when describing her style. But, one thing she doesn’t fail to mention is her love for glamour!

ONYEKA’S STYLE:

My style is pretty simple and can be classified as trendy. I love the glamorous look! I like to wear what I am comfortable in, showing some skin is alright but it becomes bad when it’s too much. I wouldn’t say my style is unique; I tend to patch up styles from different people to make up my style.

WHY DO YOU LOVE YOUR STYLE:

While some people strive to be ‘different’ when it comes to their style, I am unconcerned with that. I love my style because it suits me and it also defines my love for fashion.

HOW IT EXPRESSES ONYEKA’S PERSONLAITY:

My style expresses my love for Haute Couture, and glamour! In general I love to be dressed up for an occasion.

HAIR:

With my hair, I keep it simple. I hardly experiment and I don’t mess with colours, but a little highlight doesn’t hurt. I love the long and curly/wavy look; however, I sometimes wear my hair short. Hairstyles are very important to both men and women; my hair style depends on the season and my mood.

shobe

pics-from-nokia-fone-006a

ony5

jhgg

hair1

006ad

bandii

069aabb

MAKE-UP:

Make up is a huge part of my style. There isn’t much of a difference in the makeup I wear during the day and at night. I always have my PINK lipstick on as it gives me this SEXY look. Everything is well detailed from the blush to the mascara… good mascaras are awesome you DON’T need fake eyelashes! One should be allowed to experiment with colours, as long as you blend in everything properly. Make up has to be perfect or you just DON’T wear them at all. My make up bag contains products from Mac, Sleek, Raw Minerals, Victoria Secret, Rimmel, Cover Girl and MaryKay.

tonitee-042a

tonitee-036a

tagg-039aa

102a

008

blu9aa

ONYEKA’S STAPLES:

A tribute to denim: Both ladies and men wear denim and we all know it comes in different styles. I will like to pay a special respect to denim pants. Most of us wear denim at least once a week, not recognising the fact that it has got class, it just depends on how you wear it and it can never go out of fashion. Combining denim pants with the right set of clothing’s and shoes makes it ever trendy. LONG LIVE DENIM!

Destroyed Denim: Wetseal, Pink Flowered Top: Steps, Pink Shoes: Cutesy Shoes, Pink Bag: Coach

Rinse Denim: Express, Orange Tube Top: Maurices, Cream Boots: Go Jane

Rinse Denim: Express, Orange Tube Top: Maurices, Cream Boots: Go Jane

The Essence of a Scarf: Scarves are kind of a big deal especially in my wardrobe. It changes an outfit depending on how it is worn. I still tie my hair if it has got a nappy look and still look classy or just for the sake of looking different. One can throw a small scarf around the neck just to add a little spice to an uninspiring outfit.

In these pictures I have the day look with a scarf on my head and also around my neck and I also have it as a night look which is looking like a mono -top and also a low neck top. This is what I call the ‘Emergency outfit’….just when hanging out with your girls is impromptu or you got a sudden date (LOL).

Scarf day look (1)

Scarf Day Look (1)

Scarf day look (2)

Scarf Day Look (2)

Scarf Night Look (1)

Scarf Night Look (1)

Scarf Night Look (2)

Scarf Night Look (2)

DAY LOOK:

During the day, I keep it simple and sassy especially in the summer when the weather becomes extremely hot. A maxi halter neck dress and a pair of wedge heels will do!!!

Green scarf dress: WETSEAL, Wedges: Cutesy Shoes

Green scarf dress: Wetseal, Wedges: Cutesy Shoes

This sexy summer look still simple though could be rocked with heels or flats; could also be worn to the beach or a picnic.  Top: rue21, Shorts: Go Jane, Bag: bakers

This sexy summer look still simple though could be rocked with heels or flats; could also be worn to the beach or a picnic. Top: rue21, Shorts: Go Jane, Bag: bakers

This is a very comfortable outfit, one could easily slip in a dress like this in the spring and summer time. Blue print dress: Maurices, Gold flat sandals: Go Jane

This is the classy casual look, a simple dress and with dangerous heels and stunning bag...just easy to pull off. Heels can be worn at anytime of the day, not just restricted to nights alone. Dress: ASOS, Shoes: Bakers, Bag: Rue 21

Dress: ASOS, Sandals: cutesy shoes, Bag: Maurices

Dress: ASOS, Sandals: cutesy shoes, Bag: Maurices

BEACH LOOK:

My beach look is fun and refreshing. Summer is a great time to have a different look; you can still look hot and fashionable on the beach!

floridaaaa!

BAGS AND PURSES:

Hobos, Totes, Clutches, Satchels…in different colours should not be lacking in a lady’s closet, plus it does not have to be big brand names like Fendi and Coach. You can never catch me without a purse it’s just like my right hand. It doesn’t only serve the well known purpose “fashion” but also serves as an organizer. I think black bags are too random so I just have one. I love my KATHY VAN ZEELAND bags!!

baggz

bagsss

007ADBAG

IMG_1940

pink baggy

purple bag

red bag

SASSY CORPORATE LOOK:

One can still look great in a semi corporate outfit; it doesn’t have to be all black and white! Add some colours and you sure are going to look superb!

White ruffle top: Wetseal, Grey skirt:  NYC, Shoes: Bakers, Purse: Express

White ruffle top: Wetseal, Grey skirt: NYC, Shoes: Bakers, Purse: Express

There is just something about black dresses they stand out. It doesn’t matter what style they come in, you will always look magnificent in a black dress!  Wrap Black dress: Rave, Purse: Big Buddha

There is just something about black dresses they stand out. It doesn’t matter what style they come in, you will always look magnificent in a black dress! Wrap Black dress: Rave, Purse: Big Buddha

Tank top: rue 21, Suspenders: Express, Shoes: Cutesy shoes

Tank top: rue 21, Suspenders: Express, Shoes: Cutesy shoes

NIGHT LOOK:

My Night style is made up of pretty cute and simple outfits. I rather wear a tube in different styles and at most times I leave my neck bare. I really don’t like necklaces; I wear them once in a while.

Dress: ASOS

Dress: ASOS

Dress: Express

Dress: Express

Dress: Go Jane

Dress: Go Jane

Dress: Make me Chic

Dress: Make me Chic

Dress: Forever21

Dress: Forever21

ANKARA:

Ankara fabric is now in hot demand in the Fashion industry; celebrities wear them without knowing its origin. But oh well there is nothing wrong with showing the rusty traditional style which could be worn with some western outfits such as jeans and shirts. Ankara is simply beautiful; people even use them as bride’s maid dresses, it about time the Ankara trend sets in.

ankara 1

oniponzi

fayt 005aa

oct3

1. FirstIWantToDanceWithYouPere

September 1, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Her look is too trendy for me….but i like some of her pieces…girl also knows how to pose for pictures o.her first ankara outfit was HAUTE!!!
    also loved that colored checkered clutch..u go girl

2. FirstIWantToDanceWithYouPere

September 1, 2009 at 1:45 pm

ehen… i really like ur make up..abeg how did you achieve the lips in the picture u had on the yellow tank top and green earings?lol

3. Coco

September 1, 2009 at 2:02 pm

I love your style cos it’s accentuates ur assets, plus u’ve got a nice bod, which means u can pull off almost anything u wear…good on ya!

p.s. wish some photos were not sooo photoshoped cos u’re beautiful either way…but overall lovely style 🙂

4. judy

September 1, 2009 at 3:03 pm

For once someone who has no statement like ” my style is unique and makes me look like a qazilliooooooooooon bucks” then we see d pics d person looks lame and plain.
    this girl knows what works for her and is really working it. very cute style.
    btw wat make and colour is d pink lippy you have on.

5. nelly

September 1, 2009 at 3:10 pm

You look is fab

6. Lola

September 1, 2009 at 3:28 pm

She’s a cute girl. Her style is trendy and it works for her. She looks like a model. The pics are a little too photoshopped but nonetheless, its cute!

7. Opium

September 1, 2009 at 4:19 pm

I like your style, its nice and simple, esp the hairstyles, everything comes together effortlessly…Thumbs up!!
    The only critique is that, in some of the pics you tend to matchy-matchy i,e same colour ear-ring,bag,belt &shoes on one outfit, which kinda lose you fab points…apart from that its cool and you are such a poser, but you’ve got the face and body so flaunt it jare lol!!!

8. S.O.C OMOTOYE

September 1, 2009 at 4:28 pm

U R A FAB DRESSER…ONLY FEW CHICS CAN COMBINE COLOURS SO WELL. BIG UP TO U!!!

9. bubbles

September 1, 2009 at 8:11 pm

Love your style especially the bags and dresses

10. Vero

September 1, 2009 at 8:12 pm

hmmmm…
    nice but a bit too posed and unnatural–

11. Kemchi

September 1, 2009 at 9:35 pm

I’m a Kathy Van Zeeland fan too and totally luv d hairstyles! Not to belabor d pt tho I agree dat some of d photos looked a bit too posed otherwise gr8 style!

12. MiaJadore

September 1, 2009 at 10:30 pm

Very pretty girl, nice body, nice cloths, very artificial style, not one natural look.

13. Sultana

September 1, 2009 at 10:55 pm

This is my favorite ‘my style’ page.

14. fre

September 1, 2009 at 11:03 pm

lovely, deres nothing wrong wit photoshopping, she just wanted 2 give it dat oomph!.
    neways bt really, great style.
    now dat ur clothes r on bn, u might nt want 2 wear dem again, u can hook a sister up, lol.
    but really, wat brand n colour is ur pink lipgloss, n ur mascara.

15. fre

September 1, 2009 at 11:06 pm

ps; dis is d 1st time im commenting on bn, all 4 u.
    my fave ‘my style’ page yet

16. Tosin

September 1, 2009 at 11:44 pm

Great style, my favourite one yet… I dont see anything wrong in her making her pictures more glamourous, its all part of showing she’s classy and wants everything to come out perfect. Keep it up Onyeka!

17. kitty

September 2, 2009 at 12:15 am

Love the different ways you wore the scarf. I’ve picked up a few tips.Pls what brand is your pink lipstick?

18. honeydrops!

September 2, 2009 at 12:38 am

i wuld definitely employ you!
    u go girl!
    i ave learnt a lot frm u!
    ehmmm finally some inspiration!

19. FirstIWantToDanceWithYouPere

September 2, 2009 at 1:06 am

yup i thot the same thing about the photoshop pics…but it’s all good!!
    Onyeka answer us o…we want to know d brand and shade of ur pink lipstick!!thanks

20. Kpakpando

September 2, 2009 at 2:28 am

Onyeka Fine Face! Nwa lecha, e makazi! I think you’ve found what works for you and are working it.

Biko, don’t tell people what pink lipgloss you have on, it looks great on you, but not everyone is meant to wear pink lipgloss.

21. wumi

September 2, 2009 at 2:45 am

why are all the pictures airbrushed?the are very unnatural and unrealistic

22. yinkuslolo

September 2, 2009 at 3:13 am

i’m giving it up for u. u have the clothing, the body and most especially, the idea.

23. yinkuslolo

September 2, 2009 at 3:14 am

i’m giving it up for u. u have the clothing, the body, photo-editing skills and most especially, the idea.

24. Ego

September 2, 2009 at 3:40 am

ur style is just too cute! im sure uve heard dis 4 d uptenth time but do u model?… u have the ‘it’ factor 🙂

25. mia

September 2, 2009 at 3:40 am

ummmm…can u be my personal stylist???? lol… me likey very much… fab fab fabulous!!! work it lil mama!

26. africhika

September 2, 2009 at 3:44 am

gorgeous girl with beautiful skin. she’s too pretty for all that makeup.
    standing on the railroad track with suspenders. nice pic.

27. Bola

September 2, 2009 at 3:45 am

this is great. its gonna be hard for anyone to beat this one.

28. Yinka

September 2, 2009 at 4:04 am

Love how u wore the scarf…i would never have thought of so many ways!! nice nice….am feelin ur style

29. THE AMAKA

September 2, 2009 at 4:45 am

one of the best so far! i like
    its getting better and better
    good job.

30. jtk

September 2, 2009 at 6:25 am

i’m in love w the blue dress haha….really cute collection n style in general

31. xotiqa

September 2, 2009 at 10:23 am

Whoa this is really off the hook, just love her style, her size too and the way she pulls it off. I am on the very slim side too and sometimes have a problem getting my size but she’s done a wonderful Job

32. Ifeoma... Ifeyinwa

September 2, 2009 at 10:25 am

Onyeka, well done. I will give 100% and a thumbs up. Please keep it up..

33. FirstIWantToDanceWithYouPere

September 2, 2009 at 1:28 pm

kpakpando i go fight you o!!wetin be ya own sef 🙂
    Onyeka pray do tell

34. Zaine

September 2, 2009 at 2:48 pm

one of the best i’ve seen so far…lovely

35. Buttermint

September 2, 2009 at 4:47 pm

Less is more….So simple but so chic……..i love the make up and the fact that you didnt use fake eye lashes made me love it ten times more….
    The scarf look was my favorite!!! Good Job!!!

36. Maureen

September 2, 2009 at 5:14 pm

This is my girl Onyeka!! She got taste in Fashion… And is my NEXT TOP MODEL!! Watch out WORLD!! Girl, am so proud of you.. Show them wat you got mama!!

37. Cocoa blosh

September 2, 2009 at 5:36 pm

Chai this girl love weave pass me! love ur style girl!!!!!

38. Uche

September 2, 2009 at 9:20 pm

Thats my cousin people….i cant say i’m surprised cos u’ve had it in you since we were kids….y’all know she’s representing right? FABULOUS

39. j3nif4

September 2, 2009 at 10:33 pm

this babe is too maaddd! she’s not OTT…very classy n chic. i likeeee. By my take, she’s the best so far.

40. j3nif4

September 2, 2009 at 10:40 pm

is she a model?

41. blessing okumagba

September 2, 2009 at 10:41 pm

this my home girllll onyeka reprsenting as usaul…girl u knw ur fashion is always and evrly on point….my fave my style page..makeup, innovation, clothes, shoess…rili nicee…luv it

42. Ebun Ayandele

September 2, 2009 at 11:33 pm

I very proud to be associated with yu babes…..love yu loads!

and yu know i’m yur biggest fan right?

43. Gabu

September 3, 2009 at 12:09 am

Proud of you, dear.

44. Derin

September 3, 2009 at 12:29 am

she is sooooo on point……like d simple but yet bold colours she put together……she is def. representing!!!!

45. Buttermint

September 3, 2009 at 2:19 am

hmmmmmmmmmm,…na wah oh all these people claiming her..my cousin, my home girl, my fathers friends daughter…i bet if she looked busted you would have put ur comments as anonymous and insulted her life……M just saying

46. na me

September 3, 2009 at 3:04 am

i love the hair …the clothes are ok – pics look like modeling shots/staged – so not a true reflection of her everyday style ..ah what do i know ..i want her hair 🙂

47. ko-easy

September 3, 2009 at 3:19 am

I very proud to be associated with yu babes…..love yu loads!

and yu know i’m yur biggest fan right?

48. chei

September 3, 2009 at 4:41 am

These pictures are photo shopped – not a true representation.
    COME ON!!

49. tatafo!

September 3, 2009 at 6:18 am

lmao!!!! as in!

50. Me

September 3, 2009 at 7:27 am

The only my style that has made sense to me…lovelyyy..

51. dmoe

September 3, 2009 at 4:23 pm

I think she has great style…very simple yet chic! It is a refreshing change from people who try too hard. Sometimes what fits and lets your natural beauty shine is the best option. Pretty girl, great style!

52. africhika

September 3, 2009 at 7:15 pm

pretty girl. beautiful skin. she’s too pretty for all that makeup though.
    standing on the railroad tracks. great picture.

53. tosin.o

September 3, 2009 at 9:31 pm

Fantastic, love the railroad pic especially. This is real style maybe not everyday style, but im impressed. One question though, is it only people that live abroad that have style?

54. KayBayBay

September 7, 2009 at 4:14 pm

Erm….A* for effort and a 6/10 overall…..i didnt really like the hairstyles but i guess thats because i dont like weave much. The make up was a bit excessive and she should chill on the blush. I liked the day looks, the handbags (i’m a sucker for handbags!) and the creative use of the scarves. She did alright still x x

55. Uche Iheuk

September 8, 2009 at 4:36 am

Onyeka i love it!! ur makeup is bold like mine…..the hair is big and i loves me some big hair!
    uve got some nice long legs like moi!!
    i think i adore ur style….not as much as my own feature lol cos obviously i love me more…but i think ur up there!!
    damn i wished i cudda photoshopped my pics too
    (blush is kinda much…but hey do u….i just dont like using blush!)
    and ur IGBO!!! Igbo kwenu!!
    xoxo!!

56. Ms E

September 8, 2009 at 6:53 pm

‘One question though, is it only people that live abroad that have style?’

Good point. Almost every style feature has been from someone outside Nigeria. Wonder why. Or are people to shy to say “Dress: Balogun Market?”

57. Tumi Jegede

September 9, 2009 at 2:16 am

Can I say that the different ways of wearing your scarf is really really cool. I really liked that. I really have nothing against photoshopping, but it seems some of the pics aren’t really enhanced, but more like blurred, I am sure if they weren’t I would still like what I saw :).

I have noticed from the comments of others on BN that the type of style that is appreciated is not really original style, but ‘pretty’ style. Your style is very pretty, all your outfits make you look ladylike and they compliment your figure. They aren’t offensive, and it’s your choice if you wish your style to make an impact or not.

For me, I would say your style is very catalogue. It’s a pretty and predictable.. pretty predictable, but at least it’ll get a lot of positive reviews 🙂

58. maya

September 11, 2009 at 3:29 am

I love it all..the makeup, the shoes, the clothes, the bags, the hair..just fabulous. You should be a fashion stylist coz you make it seem effortless.

59. Mel

September 11, 2009 at 4:25 am

a lot of photo shoppping on some pictures it takes away her natural beauty. she prettier in the ones that are not photoshopped. she has a beautiful style and great body. i think she wants to be a model. she would be a good one. her cheekbones are also to die for. i;m so impressed.

60. Jade82

September 17, 2009 at 9:38 pm

Very nice pictures girl. I like the makeup especially the eye shadow and the smokey effect.
    My guess is that u model because u have nice poses. Just keep up the good work. Also i love what u did with the scarf. Haven’t tried it before, but will do…..
    Everyone has there style and urs is really Nice!!!!..keep it up!!!

61. Lynda

September 28, 2009 at 6:50 pm

I love your makeup, your eye shadows are nice!

62. Ona

October 9, 2009 at 7:34 pm

This babe’s style is classy. I love it because it suits her. I think she is very creative and carries all her clothes very well. Yes her make-up can be a little heavy for some people, but I love it.
    I think some of her styles are original such as the ankara skirt and yellow top, her color combination are nice as well (the teal dress and multi-colored purse).
    Way to go babe, I feel you jare….

63. Ife

November 4, 2009 at 2:27 am

You look gorgeous! You know what works for you and what looks good on your body type and I think that is key when deciding what clothes to buy or what fashion trends to follow. Transforming that scarf into day time, night time looks is simply ingenious!!

I love that you’re not afraid of your blush, complements yournskin color.

Definitely got great tips from you! Kudo 🙂

64. Ife

November 4, 2009 at 2:29 am

You look gorgeous! You know what looks good on you and what works for your body type. I think that’s key when buying clothes and deciding what fashion trends to follow.

Love the scarf… simply ingenious. Love the blush, love the hair!

65. duchess419

November 19, 2009 at 10:19 am

Absolutely, definitely gorgeous girl..love love love Kathy van Zeeland bags.. your style, is definitely on point.. nice one, keep it up ehn..and oh yes, she is definitely IGBO.. lol..Love me some ankara man!! too much

66. dotun coolfm

November 24, 2009 at 5:05 am

excellente!…what more can i say

67. Toni

December 24, 2009 at 4:29 pm

she’s a do; totally real and pretty……very effortlessly chic

68. Gam

December 25, 2009 at 2:23 am

Too much photoshop nawww, i love the dresses though…*sigh*, cant wait for summer

69. Miss O

February 13, 2010 at 2:53 am

Thanks alot, The lipstick is”Frost”dark pink by MAC, Mascara is Raw mineral u can get it online for $20…it is awesome!

70. Miss O

February 13, 2010 at 2:55 am

wat is unrealistic? lol u never jam! thanks anywayz….

71. Consolata

April 12, 2010 at 12:31 am

Oyenka I love you unique style. And you seem comfortable in your clothes; which is key. BellaNajia kudos to you this is a unique and classy site.