News

Joseph Yobo talks Football, Family & Future in the April Issue of HiMag

BellaNaija.com

Joseph Yobo for Hi Magazie Bella Naija0001Joseph Yobo – the boy who took big strides to play internationally, leaving his family behind. The MAN – Philanthropist, and husband and father to be talks to Hi Magazine about his life & the future of Football in Nigeria, Africa & Europe.
Here are some excerpts from the interview.

Joseph Yobo on his journey to football success
It’s been a long way. It was a big one, I just think it is destiny – because its
Unusual. I didn’t play in the Nigerian league, which is one of the ways very few people had the opportunity to play internationally. I went to Belgium in 1998 and left for the Olympic Marsielle in 2001 and 2002 I got into the British league.

On the new Technical Adviser for the Super Eagles, Mr. Lagerback
JY: I think we are talking about a country so the opinions can be heard from one side, i think they have done the right thing bringing him in and he was the coach when I played 2002 world cup in sweden, we should have won that, but we drew a game. It’s a big challenge having an experienced coach holding a team of leadership. I think it’s a good thing.

On the “Semi-Final target” and the Super Eagles’ potential for success at the 2010 World Cup
JY: I don’t think so, the main thing is we’ve won the African cup of nations (in the past) which gives us big confidence and since then everything is possible in football. I just think we have to take one step at a time because we are in a group that is very difficult if we were in other groups it would’ve given us confidence to go into any other game, but the most important thing is that the last world cup we didn’t qualify out in a good stage so if we can do better. It will be a big achievement, but when you’re winning and achieving success you will look out for more and I think getting a target for now is a bit too early, maybe after we come out of the group then we will know where we’re heading.

On Adaeze and their baby
HM: How’s this new feeling of been a husband and a father-to-be?
It’s a great thing for me, my family now means everything to me. I cant wait to be a father, it’s a wonderful experience.
HM: which one would you prefer a boy or a girl?
JY: I already know but i am not going to tell you, by the time this issue it out, my wife should have put to bed.

You can read the rest of the interview on Hi Magazine website by Clicking HERE

[nggallery id=213]

1. kechy

March 29, 2010 at 11:25 pm

they never waste time, don’t they?

2. pwettybambi

March 30, 2010 at 1:04 am

I knew! she ws preggers during the weddiing.It ws obvious

3. CECE

March 30, 2010 at 2:15 am

SERIOUSLY I DONT GET IT, SO WHAT SHE WAS PREGGERS WHEN SHE GOT MARRIED..IS SHE THE FIRST?DOES THAT MEAN THEIR RELATIONSHIP ISNT GENUINE?DOES IT MEAN IT WOUNT LAST?PLZ PPLE STOP HATING, GET A LIFE, FIND UR OWN, SOLE UR OWN PROBLEMS, BABYS GOT GAME. AT LEAST SHE KNOWS HOW TO GET HER A MAN N KEEP HIM. WHATEVER HAPPENS AFTER IS BETWEEN THEM, JEEZ AT LEASR DUDE IS MAN ENOUGH TO PUT A RING ON IT, HE DIDNY HAVE 2 U KNO.

4. KK

March 30, 2010 at 11:53 pm

should they be waiting for you, Mrs Timekeeper?

5. THE AMAKA

March 31, 2010 at 3:09 am

LOL! FYI, she was pregnant at least 6 months before the wedding. the engagement and wedding ceremony took place in less than a 2 month period…
    but anyway, whats up with those pictures? is it my computer or are they terrible airbrushed.
    i know all pictures are pretty much airbrushed these days, but these look like someone didn’t know what they were doing.

6. Bola #1

April 1, 2010 at 4:17 am

is it me or does he kinda look like trey songz ?

7. THE AMAKA

April 3, 2010 at 5:25 am

abeg!! please DO NOT insult trey songz! lol

8. Femiluv

April 24, 2010 at 10:38 pm

What’s with Yobo’s mouth? It’s always open. Anyways, wishing ’em the best.

9. SugarBABE

May 25, 2010 at 12:35 am

Why is this joseph yobo LIPS so red.

10. futuremissKenya

March 27, 2011 at 12:07 am

It doesn’t matter whether she was preggo on her wed day or not.. Im sure they have repented for their sins and God is a merciful God, so that chapter is closed! God bless their marriage..