Music

New Music: K’naan Feat. Banky W & M.I – Wavin’ Flag (Official Nigerian Version of the World Cup Song)

BellaNaija.com

Waving Flag Banky MIWavin’ Flag by K’naan, the Official Song of the 2010 World Cup has been given a naija makeover! The Nigerian version of the song features 2 of Nigeria’s brightest talents – Banky W and MI. This version of the song was produced by Eldee, M.I, & Banky W.
This Official Nigerian Remix was licensed and commissioned officially by CocaCola to support the Super Eagles and Nigeria
You need to listen to this!
[audio:https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/KNaan-Feat.-Banky-W-M.I-Waving-Flag-NaijaRemix.mp3]

1. Bras

March 19, 2010 at 11:06 pm

This version is great. The beat change is beautiful. The lyrics are on point. Way better than the original. Now i love the song. Banky W and M.i did a great job. kudos!

2. Kayode Nerzxers

March 19, 2010 at 11:22 pm

awwww, so cool. i am crying as i am listening to this song. its lyrically perfect. God bless Mi , God bless Banky W , God bless k`NAAN, God bless Eldeeeeeee.

3. dora

March 20, 2010 at 1:18 am

Oh my gosh.. i love LOVE LOOOOOOOVE IT!!!
    Banky sounds amazing and M.I’s verse was inspiring. Infact, they all did an incredible job. Especially in times like this when there are so many issues in Naija, we need more positive songs from our talents…

And just maybe it’ll help our super eagles exceed expectations this time around ohhhhh

4. mayowalulu

March 20, 2010 at 1:57 am

I Love thiss. & I Iove Banky!

5. munira

March 20, 2010 at 2:21 am

aww love this and i was quite skeptical in the beginning… i love it!
    i love knaan! he’s sooooo good!

6. Toyin

March 20, 2010 at 4:49 am

MI killed this! I like, I like! 🙂

7. pwettybambi

March 20, 2010 at 8:33 am

one word perfect

8. Stephen

March 20, 2010 at 9:43 am

Fucking awesome! Go Naija!!!!

9. Muna

March 20, 2010 at 10:54 am

I don die!! I fell in love with Waving Flag since I heard it at BBA Revolution opening. and now this…I never thougth perfection could be improved…but they just did it!!!

10. Tobi

March 20, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Download link please

11. Nma

March 20, 2010 at 7:54 pm

OMG!!! Where is the link to download please!!!

12. chewy

March 20, 2010 at 8:32 pm

OMG my favourite song is world cup official beat,ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i love k’naan!!!!!

13. Obaby

March 21, 2010 at 9:42 am

So, na you wey first find this music ehn? lol
    Love ya Tobi

14. Hmm

March 21, 2010 at 5:17 pm

Saying it’s “Knaan featuring Banky W and MI” is misleading. Bella Naija should have stated it was a remix by the Nigerian artistes. There IS a difference.

15. bekeeeeeeee

March 21, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Breath taking NIJA for LIVE!!! PROUD OF MOI COUNTYR NIJA. No matter wat our leader are doing and those Abokis for North.

16. k'naan

March 22, 2010 at 9:21 am

Terrible please don’t spoil this song u can here the difference in class between MI ANd k’NAAN…..Banky wrecked it, it is not an r&b song dumb-ass

17. DD

March 23, 2010 at 12:38 am

Now wave your flag, now wave your flag….awesome song, Banky just keeps making amazing music…

18. [email protected]

March 24, 2010 at 6:43 pm

omg this sung is off the hook

19. thad

March 26, 2010 at 12:26 pm

i totally agree…it is a remix.

20. thad

March 26, 2010 at 12:27 pm

i totally agree…it is a remix.but i still luv it.

21. desmond

April 10, 2010 at 2:00 pm

truly when i get older i ll be stronger and i ll fight for freedom, and i ll be proud to wave my country’s flag. this song is perfect.

22. dee

April 12, 2010 at 1:52 am

i hate copycat d beat was copied………….i love banky’s voice and m.i’s everything but stop copying d somalian boy’s song

• smiling mj

January 27, 2018 at 12:35 pm

idiottttt!!!!

23. eric

April 16, 2010 at 11:39 am

who ever this dee is, u are just so dull!!, i swear, thats the concept, its not copie cat!, its a nigerian version of an original song!, do you get?. chill lemme xplain!, wen there is a version of a song, it stems out from the original, so it is just as much an original, but the version now makes it peculiar or more particular to an environment or culture- in this case Nigeria, now do u understand……..ppscheww. men banky and ’em, crazy song man, i biliv u guys. Cheers

24. eric

April 16, 2010 at 11:49 am

come!, if this is trully the actual k’naan, u no even happy say banky and M.I sing for ur song, they are givin u free promo and u are vexin!!..mmcchheeeww!!, u dont know its makin u popular in naija!, and u dont know thats a good thing!..look boi!, dont make naija hate u o!, b careful. i love this song man, and dont call banky names!!!!, naija loves banky!, and if u take shots at him, no matta how little they are!, we will b at ur door step the next second man!….cheers everyone else.

25. orotakot

April 25, 2010 at 6:10 am

pleasE BN let us feel this song evryday its off the hook ,m.i i feel ya banky move on k’naan more please. Indeed when i grow older i’ll be stronger and will be freedom and wave my countrys flag

26. k'naan

April 25, 2010 at 10:45 am

wow publicity in niaja i dont want my album to b pirated thats y nigeria aint moving forward y’all should learn how take criticism forget a nigerian did this and be truthful u guyz wrecked my song bank w especially

27. societe

April 26, 2010 at 9:58 am

dee and whoever is posing as k’naan
    u guys should read before you comment.
    The song was done by K’naan the original owner featuring Banky W & M.I.
    It’s a Nigerian version of the song in support of the Super Eagles.
    Some people just have beef sha that’s y dey don’t read stuff well, before
    commenting abt it… Way to go Banky & M.I.

28. angel

April 29, 2010 at 10:30 pm

pls how can i download dis song, i wud love to listen to it….. any link pls

29. yeme

May 1, 2010 at 1:13 pm

This dude posing as k’naan..if you ever get the chance to speak with the real K’naan..
    tell him M.I and Banky W gave his song flava and the best makeover it could ever get
    I listened to the original version and dozed off while driving cos it went on and on
    abd got boring…but this re-mix gave it so much life…k’naan should be thanking these
    fellas man!

30. maina

June 24, 2010 at 4:29 pm

it was sweeter dan k’naans own

31. Abubkr umar a.k.a X-CON

March 19, 2011 at 10:15 am

Waw! M.I nd banky w make me go insane, cos d more i hear dis song d more i can’t get enough, l luv u guys,, 1 luv

32. Oluwasogo Oyetunji Southpaw

February 6, 2017 at 7:07 am

I’m So Glad To Listening To This Song Lyrics, So Meaningful And Lyrically Track. God Bless Those Artists! Starting From K NAAN, BANKY W, MI, and ELDEE. i really love you collaboration.