Music

New Video: You Know It – Goldie Feat. eLDee

As far as transformations go, Goldie has certainly hit us from left field, in a good way. She has come a very long way from the days of her thigh high patent leather boots of “Nothing’s Changed” (musically and style-wise). The song is lovely and very catchy, and is given an extra touch by the Don himself, eLDee

And of course, as always Clarence Peters brings that breath of fresh air that most videos lack these days. Applause should be given for the quality of material being churned out of Clarence Peters’ stables (both concept-wise and more).

Kenny Ogungbe, Steel, Yvonne Ekwere and Andre Blaze made very meaningful cameos in the video.

Watch, enjoy and tell us watch you think.

BN was behind the scenes at the ‘You Know It’ Shoot, see photos below:

[nggallery id=222]

Photo Credit: Body Lawson | Femi Badmos

1. TheMaestress

June 19, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Is she being a wanna-be cross between Mary J Blige and Rihanna?

2. Anthony

June 19, 2010 at 7:34 pm

She has definitely stepped up her game. Good choice working with el dee. i saw somewhere that eldee wrote and produced the song. That dude is on fire i swear! His versatility can not be matched by any other nigerian artist. Well done guys! very very good song and high quality video!

3. chibaby

June 19, 2010 at 8:23 pm

niceeee,me likey

4. Simi

June 19, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Ehhh. This video was not that good. It was okay in my opinion. I did like the first
    2 minutes of the video.

5. Wale

June 19, 2010 at 8:41 pm

Point of correction …Steel starred in the video and didnt make a cameo appearance

6. xotics

June 19, 2010 at 8:59 pm

Hey!!!first to comment. whoa!!!

7. LadyTee

June 19, 2010 at 9:29 pm

The song is actually pretty good and the vid is nice, however, the main female lead
    in the video (not Goldie) seriously looks like a man o_0 …

Overall, good job!

8. nino

June 19, 2010 at 11:00 pm

YUP……@ LADY TEE….I THOT SO TOO…THATS VIXEN OR WHATEVER…VERY MASCULINE…
    LOVED THE SONGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

9. Grace

June 19, 2010 at 11:23 pm

i knew i would read negative stuff here *sigh* Goldie isnt necessarily my favourite person but i have to applaud her for not giving up. She is a very determined young lady. She’s pursuing her dreams despite what we all say. Shes been @ this for years…

10. Tosin

June 19, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Love it Love it!!! Our beats, video, make-up, clothes, everything is just on point!!!

& yep – Goldie has changed gears up if u get me o…good on yer girl

well done to eldee and goldie
    🙂

11. Lau

June 19, 2010 at 11:25 pm

@ Lady tee. Lol. But that’s the idea now. How man wey think say e be woman
    go dey fight over bobo with original babe? As in, e smoke shit na.

12. jennifer

June 19, 2010 at 11:52 pm

@Ladytee, right… she kept distracting me, Lol. wonder if she’s d girl in banky’s lagos party vid too? LOl. Nice vid over all !

13. Ko Easy

June 20, 2010 at 2:41 am

whaoooooooooooooo. speechless.

14. sexychichi

June 20, 2010 at 3:54 am

love it!!!!!

15. gbekun

June 20, 2010 at 3:57 am

denrele, ever present for meskafonment

16. Olivia M.

June 20, 2010 at 5:32 am

lol..To much MTV..

17. sexychichi

June 20, 2010 at 6:37 am

omg.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love it!!! pls give the woman her credit even if she was trying to be like riri or mary j… she got it down pack.. she had the weird moves, diva look, good mean sexy expression, she look comftable doing what she was doing.. WELL DONE my sister…. this my first time hearing her music and i was impressed…. now follow me on twitter guys @sexychichi

18. jessy

June 20, 2010 at 11:47 am

GOLDIE ……………….SHE TRIED…….WELL DONE.

19. jay

June 20, 2010 at 2:51 pm

i loved it die………bravo bravo. Different from the usual nigerian videos.

20. Nneka

June 20, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Really hot beat. Did I see Derenle there or what? Totally feeling the song and I’ll be back to replay it. Good video, makeup, storyline. Props to Goldie and Eldee…and ofcourse the other cast members!

Ma gb’oko anybody sha 😉

21. nino

June 20, 2010 at 4:39 pm

WE ARE NOT THE SAME…..IM IN MY LANE! KAI…

22. THE AMAKA

June 20, 2010 at 5:48 pm

the girl that everyone says looks like a man, looks a lot like Yvonne “Vixen” Ekwere.
    the video is something new, i like it.

23. Elpee

June 21, 2010 at 1:48 am

@Nneka… yes oh it was Denrele… I thot it was her b4 lookin masculine but then realised it was Denrele….

I liked the song, styles and storyline… its a breath of fresh air from the usual

24. Omada

June 21, 2010 at 2:45 am

mehn! i gatsta say i am impressed! wasn’t a fan of Goldie b4, bt wow! she realli has improved!
    i love the concept, the costumes,the video quality and Eldee was too much!
    i love the way the yoruba just blended with the song, even i don’t know what they were bsaying…

the video is diff and it really stands out… good work…

25. babylawyer

June 21, 2010 at 3:18 am

i like! ‘Slap wey hot na hin you go collect if you misbehave…’

26. qbee

June 21, 2010 at 9:08 am

First of all, I’m not a fan of Goldie’s but, DANG!!!! That video is mad!!!! Yes, I said it! The video is on fire and she’s collaborating wiv one of NIgeria’s greatest Artist/Producers. Video is messy!!

27. dunno

June 21, 2010 at 4:07 pm

The video shocked the hell outta me! Thumbs up to the entire cast and crew! The song is really catchy and I think Vixen looked as hot as ever!!! Masculine or not. Don’t hate! And that wasn’t Andre Blaze, it was STEEL. Nice one guys!

28. Joseph

June 22, 2010 at 2:28 pm

i work on the video set and the brown pictures with eldee was taken by Femi badmos(trybe records) not Body Lawson. Lawson only took the picture that clarence is in.

29. wa

June 22, 2010 at 8:31 pm

I totally love oh!

30. THE AMAKA

June 26, 2010 at 12:42 am

my favorite part is segment with denrele.
    LOVE IT!

31. diaz

June 27, 2010 at 11:09 pm

she stepped up the game FULL STOP

32. KMT

June 28, 2010 at 8:59 pm

Very nice video, I like d cat fight part, very fiesty! I definately think Goldie has uped the ante, good stuff! And I don’t understand why one would think the lead girl (yvonne) looks like a man, I think she’s gorgeous! And her personality is twice as beautiful as she is. U wanna knw what masuline is, the first picture of goldie below d main one. Gosh! Drag Queen alert!

33. THE AMAKA

June 29, 2010 at 9:46 pm

@KMT
    so i was right, that is Yvonne Ekwere.

34. derin

July 27, 2010 at 6:31 pm

big ups to clarence peters he has raised the bar seriously.omg i couldnt even tell the diff between denrele and goldie in that sequence.i was so scared for eldee’s rep when i saw his name in the title of this video but you have to give honour to whom it is due, goldie has really stepped up her musicianship, better voice quality and artistic integrity.well done girl keep it up. peace

35. Honey

August 13, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Wonderful, Fantastic, magnificent, Genge…Love it love it love it…

36. segun

August 14, 2010 at 7:46 am

Eldee is the most versatile nigerian artist. I just found out he wrote this song as well as that airis ‘without you’. The man does not get his due recognition and respect. It takes a lot to be one of the most impressive artists in naija for over a decade now. I’m truly in awe of his amazing talent and skills.