Music

Ikechukwu Speaks! Confirms Mo’hits Exit & Releases Celebratory Birthday Mixtape

Ikechukwu has consistently been in the public eye since his debut in 2006 with Son of the Soil. He was one of the very first ensigns of Storm Records along with Naeto C. Recently, he’s been fraught with controversy enshrouding his exit from Storm and affiliation with Mo’hits and another exit again, from Mo’hits.

Hitherto, he had declined to comment. However, on the 12th of October 2010, during his radio interview with Toolz on The Beat 99.9 FM, he confirmed his move away from Mo’hits declining to make further comments on the issue. He also confirmed that he was on good terms with former label mate, Naeto C going further to state that as far as he knew, Naeto was still a member of the World Famous Academy – WFA.

Today being the rapper’s birthday he has decided to release his mixtape, which he said, would premiere on notjustok.com today. The mixtape titled Ok Hello, features 2face, eLDee, Muna amongst others. His soon-to-be-released album, The Alliance is scheduled to drop soonest.

He was spotted at the Ay Live show in London last week, where he performed alongside his girlfriend,  model/shoe designer – Sarah Ofili to the glee of cheering fans. Find below pictures of the sizzling hot performance of Critical.

Photo Credits: Fotonay Photography; Cokobar.com via Celebregion.com

1. jennifer

October 13, 2010 at 10:35 am

i love this fabulous couple

2. Adaku

October 13, 2010 at 10:36 am

What we really wanna know is…….did he really beat D’banj up and get thrown out of Mo’hits by Don Jazzy? Thats the gist making its rounds on twitter, affirm or deny please.
    Christ I’m jobless this morning, lol.

3. bcgeorge

October 13, 2010 at 10:49 am

Well as far as i knw…quoting Mo Hit’s manager, kola are, he ws neva signed on to Mohit’s but ws jst a frnd of d house and based on dat, don jazzy was only producing beats for him while dbanj featured in some of his tracks……..hrd itws tru tho dat he beat nonsense comot fr dbanj body……….as wande beat nonsense comot fr 9ice’s body too

4. I O-M

October 13, 2010 at 10:51 am

Sarah killed it!I love 🙂

5. I O-M

October 13, 2010 at 10:52 am

Sarah killed it!I love

6. ab_olu

October 13, 2010 at 11:15 am

So, does anyone have any information on this Ikechukwu’s girlfriend. Like how they met? what does she do? her name? is she nigerian? Aproko in the house yes! Just tell me abeg

7. Hawt Nerd

October 13, 2010 at 11:22 am

@Adaku: You are not solo on the jobless quarters this morning oo. Am with you. More on that story of beating D’banj abeg. Healthy gossip has an amazingly therapeutic effect jare…looool

• Omada

October 14, 2010 at 11:53 pm

lol @ ‘Healthy gossip has an amazingly therapeutic effect jare…”

8. jani

October 13, 2010 at 11:52 am

LOL! iKECHUKWU BEAT UP d’BANJ???? WONDERS!

9. stuntman

October 13, 2010 at 12:17 pm

i’m only interested in d chick

10. DarlinMay

October 13, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Hawt damn! Saraaaaaahhhh this looks mad why did miss dat show o! coz of londons cold weather hisss.
    @ab_olu, yes she’s nigerian hungarian she’s an ex-model now an aspiring shoe designer in london, she also has a private shopping buiz for her rich elite friends. I knw this coz i’ve met her through a friend when i needed my wedding dress. shes very oyibo tho for a mixed girl. Oya i don join una early morning aproko

• ab_olu

October 13, 2010 at 2:19 pm

God shall bless you abundantly! lol mwah! 🙂

11. Toshi O

October 13, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Why in the World would u have yur real/serious girlfriend on stage dancing with u while u’re performing?Thats some real Bull Sh*t 4real…Killz was doing good b4 he started kissing Mohits ass & i believe he can still pull it.Yall should stop asking why he left Mohits & let him drop the Album cos he can do it independently…Big Ups & Happy Birthday Ikechukwu.

• Mrs.RagaBlueberrymuffin

October 13, 2010 at 1:49 pm

lol…like other girls these rappers use are not someonelses girlfriend

• odani

October 13, 2010 at 11:51 pm

lol!!!

• odani

October 13, 2010 at 11:48 pm

thank you oh. I was thinking the same. but I no want mk people cme say I dey hate.she’s a fine babe sha. maybe she wants to become a video vixen?????

12. TeeTee

October 13, 2010 at 1:18 pm

to the glee of cheering fans??”..i was there and i can confirm there was little cheering going on the whole performance was quite boring to be honest i’m sure guys enjoyed the gf clumping around on the stage like a horse…lol sorry she’s beautiful but the performance was cliched and she wasnt really doing much on the stage…on the other hand 9ice was amazing…great energy and great performance and a nice catalogue of hits to entertain us!!!…’m not hating oh just giving my opinion!

• Ife baby!

October 13, 2010 at 9:16 pm

i agree with wot ur saying coz i was at the show too. the performance was very cliche and wasn’t very high energy. i really want him to do well coz i like his music but its not enough 2 cheer because u like d guy i need high energy performances from him dat keep me on my feet moving n dancing and enjoying myself d way 9ice did. but on another note his gf is beautiful and dey make a beautiful couple.
      omg!!!!! im lovin dis gossip o! pls dont stop give me more lmao dis some serious aproko power!!!!lmao

13. fokasibe

October 13, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Shuo? why all the early-midnoon gossip? You people should go and look for work to do jare! This is why they call people haters!!

But wait o! Ikechukwu beat up Dbanj? Wande beat up 9ice? Abeg abeg o! I must join this hateraton!!! Someone tell us what happened!!!
    I can imagne Killz squeezing D’banj’s scrawny neck sha and Wande sitting on top of 9ice’s belly lmho! Kai, I cant wait for the details!! Hahahahahahaha!

• beezy

October 13, 2010 at 2:34 pm

bwaahhhhhaaaaa….aaaa…. Fokasibe, oh my days!! wat an active imagination u have… u made me laff jare….

• mariaah

October 14, 2010 at 12:39 am

fokasibe!! I laffed at this …

14. DarlinMay

October 13, 2010 at 1:29 pm

@Fokasibe lolz u just gave me a funny imagination too funny !

15. kachi

October 13, 2010 at 1:37 pm

I love Ikechukwu…. And I sincerely hope he DID beat up D’banj’s proud (for nothing o) a*@!.. Ikechukwu, if you work hard, you will do well.. No need living in anyone’s shadows….

16. remy

October 13, 2010 at 2:39 pm

did he beat d;banj.

17. Gino

October 13, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Ikechukwu, ur my very guy. I love Ikechekwo. booo to D’banj

18. lollipop

October 13, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Hahahah!!! good for the dbanj. killz i love u mehn u can do it on ur own just believe. u dont need dem terror squad wannabe mohits crew. dont worry there’s time and season for everyone…

19. giva

October 13, 2010 at 7:54 pm

i love d couple,but dat gist bout him beatin d banj how true……..sara is beautiful,but y use ur gal on stage

• DarlinMay

October 13, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Ah why not use ur girl wen she looks dat hawt! if i be guy na my woman i go just de use for everything o! see as kanye carry amber pose now, and as dem resemble beyonce n jay sef see as beyonce de pop on stage for jay, couples dat work together is good o! best wishes to them, Video nxt !

• odani

October 13, 2010 at 11:55 pm

maybe the girl sef wan be on stage. hmmm

20. Mrs Chima Chima

October 13, 2010 at 7:54 pm

I honestly hope that he beat Dbanj blue, black SHA!
    LOL!
    awon were!
    he gave him the Oh critical!
    dbanj cant show the KOKO!

21. Jade

October 13, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Are you serious, is that story true about the beat up, tell me pls.

22. Nora

October 13, 2010 at 8:53 pm

was he in even in Mohitz abi he was just by d corner

23. myopinionishonest

October 13, 2010 at 11:02 pm

If he beat D’banj up thats good. D’banj needs his wings clipped.

24. doll

October 14, 2010 at 9:03 am

sarah is hawt….

25. tunde

October 14, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Dat dbanj No fit Fight Self Na Ole..Am sure Ikechukwu would Have Beating The Hell out of Him Lmaooo!!!!

26. larry

October 14, 2010 at 8:30 pm

2 b candid, ikechuckwu, has got probs, if it’s true that he fought and was throwout, he nid to check himsef, y runing from one label to other, he forught tdem at storm too, ik nid mohit and mohit dont need him cus dey are made already, anyshow in niaj without mohit is not a show, and for dbanj, he is one star tht is very humble and blesss by God, player hater copy tht, i no all of dem cuz am in the entertainment industry and dey dont discriminate and if u have it u shld show it, God is on thr side. don jazzy produces all the song on ik’s new album and u expect it to be the bomb cuz is don jazzy, pls u all nid to face the fact. dey are simply gud. check all thr albums, u cant compare it to any label in naija, so y beefing and not support dem, u need to see dem on thr africa tour, dey are all aprreciated. u are misssing.

27. tobi

October 18, 2010 at 3:05 pm

i tink you av alot of thingz distractin you…..or sud i say you are kinda confused witout soundin blunt…i think you need tym to urself and by yourself to bring out ur tru potentialz, you are young and skilled but u need to stop alot of tinz you do!!!!khlas

28. wunmi

October 20, 2010 at 3:41 pm

ekillz is hot!!! ooh and his girl is all too hot……………………………..,..I heard he works hard, and I’m sure feeln this new vibe..(ok hello), even 4 a chick i see the energy….he is going for the top! I’m right behind you…hon!

29. Victo

November 4, 2010 at 8:27 am

Thats Good for d Banj Gosh i do Hope That Ikechukwu beat him Up seriously ,,na hin good for am he is been too forward …lolzzzzzzzzz

30. award

November 7, 2010 at 2:49 pm

I.k is a homeboy 4 good,him be my number 1 9ja rapper. ride on son of the soil.But wait ooh! why him bully de KOKO MASTER?

31. Joeanto