Music

New Music: ChiDynma – Woozy Woozy

We noted ChiDynma on our radar when she performed her love song, “Obimmo” at the wedding of Bella Adenuga and Jameel Disu. Since then, we have been on the lookout for new material from the talented vocalist. ChiDynma has just released her official debut single “Woozy Woozy“, the first from her forthcoming freshman album.

ChiDynma Okebalama started singing in the Children’s choir at her church in Port Harcourt, Rivers State at age 5. She moved to the U.S to further her education at Northeastern University, where she graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering. After working a couple of years as a System Engineer in the United States, She finally decided to follow her heart, and pursue her passion for music and a career in the entertainment industry.
ChiDynma also referred to as D’Voice first made her presence known in the Nigerian Entertainment Industry in 2008 where she performed alongside Banky W. during the Nigerian Reunion in Maryland, USA. Since her move back to Nigeria, she has been hard at work recording with the likes of Don Jazzy, Sam Klef, Hakym ‘The Dream’ and Duncan Daniels.

Her new song, “Woozy Woozy” was produced by Hakym. According to ChiDynma, “It is a fun dance record with a very catchy hook. This song definitely gets your feet moving and keeps you on the dance floor

Listen to ChiDynma – Woozy Woozy
[audio:https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Woozy-Woozy.mp3]

1. Nino

October 18, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Geez! Is there any other career in Nigeria besides Music and fashion these days? It seems everyone and their sister is one or the other.I tire o!

• missy-spectacularrr

October 18, 2010 at 5:00 pm

haha totally agree

• CS$TOHBAD

October 18, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Lol. Free them nah. Do you know the population of Lagos, Let alone Nigeria before you start hating on New Artists. Its good for the industry jo. Free them

• ShadyFarms

October 18, 2010 at 6:35 pm

Lol.. to the haterz.. abeg allow the girl to drink water.. everybody has to feed their family oh..

• veevo

October 18, 2010 at 7:52 pm

that doesnt make sense. hw many musicians n fashion designers r ther in america or england??

• Nora

October 20, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Lmao! couldn’t help cracking up

2. Stella

October 18, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Bia ku t’em oh, bia ku t’em oh baby… No dey dull me
    Me likey, plus her make up is on point!

3. Ginika

Not half bad……..

7. Miss ATL

October 18, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Me likey!

8. DarlinMay

October 18, 2010 at 1:51 pm

am sorry but its terrible!

9. Mrs.RagaBlueberrymuffin

October 18, 2010 at 2:21 pm

catchy song!It actually is nice.It feels like she was shouting tho

10. Zina

October 18, 2010 at 2:29 pm

So Proud of my fellow Abuloma Babe.. Good Job Chidy .. God bless your Talent.. xoxo

11. Kwazy

October 18, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Nice…im intamadatin so temptin!!!

12. tobi

October 18, 2010 at 3:00 pm

you can do better!!!!

13. Ogo

October 18, 2010 at 3:06 pm

nice darling!!!But ur voice sounds soo different from obi mo!!!lol

14. Moigal

October 18, 2010 at 3:42 pm

FGGC Abuloma on the roll!!!!!!! am proud of ya gurl!

15. remmy

October 18, 2010 at 3:46 pm

makeup definately on point! BMPRO??

16. Izzi-E

October 18, 2010 at 4:00 pm

well done girl… very catchy song… Trust the peeps over here are already loving it… Even the haters would soon start singing it…. #One WTS

17. HiroHairven

October 18, 2010 at 4:09 pm

I dey feel ya woozy woozy step a little closer to me No dey dull me!!!! I love you chichi!! SO PROUD OF YOU!! KEEP IT COMING JOH!!!!

18. Prism of an immigrant

October 18, 2010 at 4:18 pm

This song would be okay if it was the 7th track on her album, not her DEBUT SINGLE :/

19. wowohwow

October 18, 2010 at 5:13 pm

hmmmm…….. cool beats, catchy words only thing wrong with that song was the voice… if she writes songs she needs to stick to that…

20. gorgeous

October 18, 2010 at 6:13 pm

lol…na wa for english language and accent. ;D. “step a lirrel croser”

• The Bola

October 18, 2010 at 11:46 pm

lol, the chorus grows on you tho

21. ShadyFarms

October 18, 2010 at 6:34 pm

I really like this song, even though I prefer the previously released 32s.. I think its refreshing to see a fresh face among the female artists in Nigeria. Chidynma is not only a very pretty face, but she has the extra-ordinary talent to back it up. I look forward to seeing more released by you girl. You’re a STAR!! 😉

22. Passerby

October 18, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Nope nope, not feeling it. Up and coming Nigerian musicians need to realise that there’s a standard being set these days, can’t be producing tracks like this, lazy lyrics, heard-it-before beats. Bleh.

23. Iya2

October 18, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Ermmmmmmmmmmm the voice is just ok.
    song is a lil silly.

24. kate

October 18, 2010 at 7:27 pm

love it. “i dey feel your woozy woozy”

25. dlapikin

October 18, 2010 at 7:50 pm

I don’t like it at all… Actually as the record played, I think I would have liked the song with someone else voice… So I think she should write and let the singing to someone else…

26. Yuds

October 18, 2010 at 7:51 pm

She has a great voice but it doesn’t come through on this song. It’s not a terrible song at all but it definitely doesn’t have staying power. I LOVED ‘Obim o’ though!

27. Truth Teller

October 18, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Couldn’t even finish the song…..nothing new,same ol’

28. Nuella

October 18, 2010 at 8:52 pm

nice voice but bad product…i honestly don’t know wat went wrong but….cant buy even if it was d last cd on earth!!sorry!

29. dahmola

October 18, 2010 at 9:26 pm

boring..d beat isnt bad..she could av worked hrder wif d lyrics…wit all d hype frm bella adnuga’s weddng nd all d countless appreances at events she falll my hand gan…

30. dahmola

October 18, 2010 at 9:48 pm

so i listened to it like 10times…d song isnt bad…its growing on me…i dey feel ur woozy woozy…

31. jaqueline

October 18, 2010 at 11:16 pm

the song was not so catchy when i first heard it, the beats sounds so regular and ive heard it in almost all Nigerian artist songs, i had to play it over and over to like it. i really think you can do better cos i see this song fading away just like every other songs that doesn’t make it to clubs do, and by the way is the song on gidilounge? its gonna help promote your music. i love your looks tho, very marketable

32. jaqueline

October 18, 2010 at 11:21 pm

listen to her mi ole think…..very different and i fell in love with it as soon as i heard it

33. Deeder

October 18, 2010 at 11:39 pm

Yaaaay ChiDynma!

34. Unknown

October 19, 2010 at 1:20 am

haha @dahmola. hot sumtin, with a hot chic

35. @premiumblended

October 19, 2010 at 1:33 am

Kai, people can use mouth to kill someone shaaaaaa. I don’t see people out in full force like this when D’banj releases crap after crap. Nice song, the problem is the mixing. You people are so mean!!!

36. Ameboress

October 19, 2010 at 3:16 am

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE This song!!!!!! Wow… you did a fantastic job girl!!! I dey feel your woozy woozy!!! You definitely did not dull me on this song!!! HAWTTT HAWTTTT can’t wait to hear more from you. Way to go girl, the sky is your stepping stone!!! As for the talentless haters that just sit down and be yanning nonsense, keep minding other people’s business and watch your own business pass you by.

37. T F

October 19, 2010 at 3:47 am

Catchy chorus… not a debut single.

38. m

October 19, 2010 at 12:32 pm

You have an obviously good voice but I am sorry to say that street music is not for you. You should stick to more polished songs like obimmo with better lyrics or leona lewis kind of songs which aren’t street music; so that u will be known for your UNIQUENESS and your good voice will show. However if you do want to do street music, you have to really get into it. What I mean is that the music has to feel real and you have to feel real and it should not look like u are doing it because it sells even if it does. You just have to be real like don jazzy and the rest. Which in my opinion seems difficult for u based on your class and education but it really depends on u which route u want to take

• mariaah

October 19, 2010 at 2:56 pm

thk u better person, I hope she sees this comment and takes it to heart. Nigerian artist have to understand that they all don’t have to sing club/street jam cos “we” are all tired of hearing the same thing… Although, I love the whole street jam charade (I have parties in my head on the run with them) but there are times a sister just want to chill out and listen to the good ‘ol rnb, cabaret and ballads..

• Jess

October 20, 2010 at 10:40 pm

You spoke/typed my mind. I feel like she has set the bar too high for herself to then come out with a “street” mediocre song like this.

39. fokasibe

October 19, 2010 at 1:30 pm

I like her voice…..plus she’s got a local theme to the song….

40. Oshokeme

October 19, 2010 at 6:25 pm

I don’t know if it’s the quality of my speakers but the song sounds a bit shrill…

41. Adeola

October 19, 2010 at 7:21 pm

i couldnt care less if everybody sings in nigeria….but does it have to be about the opposite sex? haters? i dnt gerrit…9 yrs old willow smith too is singing about haters, absolute KAY EM FRIGGING TEETH thats all!

42. m

October 19, 2010 at 8:45 pm

43. Immy

October 19, 2010 at 8:56 pm

Proud of u hun…keep doing your thing! xoxo

44. q

October 20, 2010 at 4:43 am

Na wa o,See Comments!!!Anyway dear,no matter how this single sounds,Like Wine whose Value & Taste gets better with Time,so shall your music be.Learn from the CRITICS above who mostly know nothing about music & carefully read what ‘m’ said.Kudos!!

45. kehnie

October 20, 2010 at 2:53 pm

must she expose her body b4 she makes a sales of her album?This is totally wrong and I believe she shd take inspiration frm the likes of Asa and co .

• CS$TOHBAD

October 20, 2010 at 7:11 pm

:O Really. YOu call that exposure!! Nigerians need to wake up. If she continuously rocks turtle neck you will complain. Abeg do your thing Girl, Everybody gets criticized no matter how famous you are, take D,banj for example, i cant count how many insults he got for Mr endowed and I do this, yet the guy is flying high regardless. Take this mumu exposure comment out of it, broaden your antique horizon. 🙂 Plus the song is not half bad, its only the first not so good one of her three. its allowed

• Ameboress

October 20, 2010 at 10:15 pm

Just because your body looks like deformed jello doesn’t mean you should hate on people. If Asa had a body like that, I am sure she would show a little more cleavage. Besides how is that picture exposure? You want her to wear turtle neck? it’s a high fashion photoshoot. Do you want her to wear Bubu and Kaftan??? Please listen to the voice and listen to the good music and stop making baseless comments

46. jezz

October 20, 2010 at 4:56 pm

So, she’s Chidinma, and the winner of the mtn project fame show is also chidinma. Na wa o. Two Chidinma in the music industry, they should clarify this. I prefer her Obimuo’s song…

47. Zan'

October 20, 2010 at 5:31 pm

I loved “Obi m mo”… I loved “Show me your 32s”… I love this song (“Woozy woozy”)… I love your voice… and I know that many of the criticizers on this page don’t even know how tough your skin is. So, take the criticism for what it’s worth and keep pushing through… You are the one to decide what your music style is/will be and believe me, there are many people out there who will pay to listen… 🙂

48. lizzy

October 20, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Hey babes, Abuloma girls are so proud of you. Keep on Rockin. lovely song, outstanding voice…….Need i say more???

49. Derin A

October 20, 2010 at 6:49 pm

The Sky is your limit, jobless haters are going to talk.. but Whatever God has Signed, it’s a done deal – Keep ya head up and keep pushing – If it is meant to be, it will be, no matter what they say!!!!!

50. deedoubleU

October 21, 2010 at 11:11 pm

Kiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Nigerians, Nigerians….!!!! stop hating..she has a nice voice and the song is not bad,, i’m sure you will like it listen to it again and again the problem is from ” the mixing”…and i’ve noticed that chydymna’s songs sound better after listening to it more than once.. She’s got a nice voice, and i don’t think this is her debut single… .

51. Kelechi Egbuta

October 22, 2010 at 4:32 pm

I love it Chidynma 😀 Ignore the haters, you rock! Love ya girlie!!!

52. Phuro bee

October 28, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Nice choon!!! …..Another hit from an Abuloma gurl…..We rock in every industry…….
    Keep it up!

53. Phuro bee

October 28, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Put ya own voice make we hear na…….. and if u fit, put ya real name…. Msschchhhheeewwww

54. Kelechi Egbuta

November 8, 2010 at 5:49 pm

I love this song ChiDynma! Disregard the haters and keep on doing your thing, love ya girlie!

55. Uche Aguh

December 11, 2010 at 12:26 am

I REPLAYED THIS SONG… LIKE 16 times the first time i heard it.. lol very good

56. Uche

December 11, 2010 at 12:27 am

And im still playing it.. lol