News

Three Generations of ‘Fit, Fabulous & Fun’ – Helen Prest-Ajayi, Stephanie Okereke & Eku Edewor in the November 2010 Issue of Genevieve Mag

BellaNaija.com

After the high note Genevieve Magazine hit with their October 2010 issue which featured designers Lanre DaSilva-Ajayi and Lisa Folawiyo in each other’s designs, the magazine is back with another multi-celebrity cover.

The theme of this issue is fitness and they are presenting three generations of beautiful women who prioritize their health and fitness – Miss Nigeria 1979, entrepreneur Helen Prest-Ajayi; Actress/Producer/VVF Treatment and Prevention Advocate, Stephanie Okereke & Model/TV Presenter, Eku Edewor.

Here is a brief excerpt from the feature:
The trio of Eku, Stephanie and Helen offer an exciting blend of youth, beauty and elegance. As they engaged in some pleasant chit-chat, a light workout at the gym and posed for our cameras – all in the beautiful halls of the Four Points By Sheraton Hotel in Lagos, they painted a picture of bodylicious confidence across age differences. On our part we could not help but admire the sheer energy that trailed after each of these fit, fabulous and fun beauties like a fragrance…
HPA looks totally fabulous – not just for her age (51) – she looks fab full stop,  Eku looks great and Steph has really come a long way since her ghastly accident some years ago and it is admirable that she worked so hard through physical therapy and is now fitter than ever.

Photography: Oladipo Oladapo

1. Jayla

November 12, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Mehn HPA looks damn good for her age. Loads of women half her age don’t even look that good

2. sola

November 12, 2010 at 6:12 pm

whattt!!?? HPA is 51??? wow i so wanna be like her when i grow up. she looks amazing!!!

As for the article…blahhh

• Aibee

November 15, 2010 at 8:28 pm

My sentiments on the Article

3. becca

November 12, 2010 at 6:14 pm

eh??? who is 51???

4. FemmeLounge

November 12, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Gorgeous women

5. Teefah

November 12, 2010 at 6:21 pm

Helen Prest is slaying every twenty and thirty something year old out there! Kilode!
    She’s looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
    Stephanie and Eku look good too…wasn’t Eku the chick on Britain’s Next Top Model?

• Jayla

November 12, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Yeah, she was Georgina on the show

• Temiloluwa Adebayo

November 12, 2010 at 6:34 pm

That’s her twin sister. She is a twin 🙂

• elbee

November 13, 2010 at 3:08 am

It was her. Her sister is not Georgina. Eku IS Georgina.

6. Pinky

November 12, 2010 at 6:22 pm

My God! HPA looks like the youngest of the group! I could have sworn she was Steph’s little sister or daughter. Gosh! I need to hit the gym first thing in the morning. I want to look like this 30yrs from now!!!!!

7. Temiloluwa Adebayo

November 12, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Oh, what I would give to look that hot at 51. I’d better stop wishing upon a star and hit the gym. She sure didn’t maintain that figure by merely wishing. Lawd help me 🙂

• Ginika

November 18, 2010 at 11:08 am

As in…*staring at the screen with mouth wide open* I am truly motivated as well to keep exercising. Right now I do 500 skips in the morning and 500 in the evening. I ve been doing it for 3 weeks to stay in shape. I ve lost some weight, dont know how much cause I have not weighed myself but my clothes are all loose. I need to start my crunchies and watch my diet if I’m to look like that at 51. I eat alot of serious JUNK… gots to stop!

• but it’s kinda hard to give up chocolates; tobelerone, twix, snikers, ferrero roche, sundaes, Wicked Zinger meals from KFC, a nicely baked sponge chocolate cake with loads of butter icing, chocolate flakes and starwberry toppings, chicken mayo sandwich, chicken bakes, cheese and bacon pasties, ofada rice and signature stew…
      Is there a way around it other than exercise??

• Omada

December 7, 2010 at 1:13 am

i feel you!!!

• Obi-talk

December 7, 2010 at 5:09 pm

your name is so long

8. Ollymoo

November 12, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Steph is gorgoeus…For some reason, i dont think Eku is all that pretty!

9. Ollymoo

November 12, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Steph should have sucked in her stomach na

• wuggy

November 17, 2010 at 12:16 am

like totally! it wudnt hav cost anything!

10. THE AMAKA

November 12, 2010 at 6:52 pm

WOW! HOW I’VE MISSED THIS WEBSITE! LOL…
    51?!?! she could have fooled me BIG TIME. I wanna look that good when i hit 40 sef. lol
    loves it! 🙂

and I’m starting to REALLY like this Eku Edewor girl. she is so effortlessly fabulous. 🙂

• Peperempe

November 13, 2010 at 12:42 am

Ah ah , The Amaka where have you been? BN has missed you and your spicy comments. I’ve been trying to hold brief in your absence:-). Welcome back!

• THE AMAKA

November 13, 2010 at 3:38 am

THANKS!!! ive been so busy…but now i finally have some time at my disposal, so…
      hahaha
      🙂

• mariaah

November 13, 2010 at 5:58 pm

I missed you too and your comments…

11. Miss ATL

November 12, 2010 at 6:59 pm

WHOA! 51??????

12. Doll

November 12, 2010 at 7:14 pm

3 absolutely beautiful women..but HPA 51?????wow………amazing…..thumbs up babe (yea, you are a babe 0!)

13. Ibo Omoge

November 12, 2010 at 7:19 pm

What!…I’m so hitting the gym. I’m serious…this time.
    Meanwhile the “Three generations” thing is not appropriate. It’s more like Two Generations. Steph and Eku are in the same generation while HPA is in another. Stephanie is 30 and Eku is twenty something. Hardly a generation apart.

• Nneka

November 12, 2010 at 8:38 pm

I agree with you! What’s the diff btw Steph and Eku?

Eku is such a “yellow pawpaw” girl.

All three look uber-fab but you just gotta respect HELEN PA. Kilode! I berra put her ‘pikchur’ up on my wall for motivation.

• joy

November 14, 2010 at 8:46 am

lmao….
      I swear….

• fokasibe

November 15, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Thank you!!!

14. deegal

November 12, 2010 at 7:28 pm

its amazing HPA looks better than 2 good looking young women. She looks fantastic

15. Wunmi

November 12, 2010 at 7:30 pm

yup! they def look good. i am more impressed because being fit is also healthy!!! not just for the looks. but omo, what’s the big deal about this eku chick? I can’t stand her on s53x. she is so fake!!!!

16. Wunmi

November 12, 2010 at 7:31 pm

and what has happened to true love mag?

• Joohls

November 13, 2010 at 4:15 pm

it’s now called something else. “Flair” i think. look it up on facebook.

17. tamaye

November 12, 2010 at 7:35 pm

i want 2 be like helen wen i grow up ooooo…..mehn at 51…… okereke even looks older than her…

18. Amseriouslyinlove.

November 12, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Helen, the most beautiful out of the three with the bootilicious and hippilicious. Dang!

19. jolie

November 12, 2010 at 8:13 pm

nawa ooo.. who is 51??? but she also must have good genes if not… either way it takes alot of effort to maintain THAT!

20. Pinky

November 12, 2010 at 8:45 pm

Helen looks fabulous. I wish to be like that when I turn 50. She is the most sophisticated out of all of them. They are all beautiful ladies.

21. sam

November 12, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Damn HPA looks sooo friggin hot. She is the exception not the rule. I still can aspire to that but break my neck to look like that at 50. Its ok to age and still look beautiful heck I aint gonna die trying to stay young. . . E no easy o. Oh and Eku is not fit she is jsut skinny. You can tell she is on the “smaller portion” diet Lol. She still looks hot tho

22. Chibaby

November 12, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Wow at Helen’s look. Very healthy and youngin at 51. Defeniately a healthy look at her age started when she was very young not yesterday.

23. NaijaBabe

November 12, 2010 at 9:53 pm

They all look great especially Okereke and her outfit is also amazing…

24. mischif

November 12, 2010 at 11:00 pm

ok let me break it down…its this simple, HPA is absolutely gorg, she looks fantastic for heer age and is aging gracefully, it takes a whole lot to look this way, a lotta sacrifice, hardwork and persistence, trust me, you too can look this good, im working towards that, stephanie is gorg, she has really stepped up her game , she is well toned and well groomed, she was not like this before so i will give it to her, as she has maintained class, style, poise and finesse , trust me, im not a huge fan of her acting, but i must be honest she looks great for her age and for all she has been through, Eku edewore, i think d problem with eku is because she is almost perfect, skinny, pretty, she cant go wrong with her outfit so people tend to criticise her cos of lack of what to say, maybe not so perfect on studio 53, Dolapo Oni is da bomb, but i mean her gorg looks has saved her, you just have to love her, she aint bad too for her age, but i would love to have had someone like eucharia Annunobi or Gloria Anozie Young as the focus….for the 30s

• mariaah

November 13, 2010 at 6:03 pm

Pls are you saying Ms Gloria and MsEucharia are in their 30’s? S.M.H, do not be deceived…

25. Fatima

November 13, 2010 at 12:42 am

Helen Priest Ajayi doesn’t look good for her age she looks good for any age.
    Stephanie Okereke is so beautiful, I just hate her fashion choices
    Eku Edewor is pretty girl but it is obvious she is naturally skinny, also is it me or does the other girl on studio 53 not get any attention what so ever?

26. Passerby

November 13, 2010 at 1:01 am

Helen Prest-Ajayi breaks my heart with her fabulosity, my goodness!!! I wish she’d worn a more age-appropriate outfit though, she would’ve looked even more regal!

27. Gam

November 13, 2010 at 1:27 am

Helen Prest-Ajayi, I like this woman o

28. Buky

November 13, 2010 at 2:19 am

Wow, beautiful women. I dont know any of them, which is a shame really. HPA is 51? Well, well, i am inspired. Health is wealth.

29. Jenifa

November 13, 2010 at 3:03 am

ok so Helen Prest was Miss Nigeria 1979, hot as hotdamnheckyeah…but guess what, we don’t see her running around making deafening noise about how to look pretty like Nike Oshinowo does every damn minute, she makes me wanna opt for wowo so she can just zip it and stop lying that she drinks water and work out to look hot when we all know she shoots botox needles.. I digress sha…all three women look so lovely. muah…love you Helen, Eku and Stephanie

• THE AMAKA

November 13, 2010 at 3:39 am

bwahahaha! that comment about Nike…hilarious.

• mariaah

November 13, 2010 at 6:06 pm

Am with you.. Her picture during the MBGN contest looked weird. I was like “someone must have OD’ed on the magic needles.. Wahaha.. 🙂

• tama

November 15, 2010 at 9:53 am

also Nike hasnt had kids like Helen , so lets wee wat she will look like after having some (if she ever wants to)

• Sach

November 15, 2010 at 6:01 pm

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…………..gurl dat was harsh and on point.

30. sheriff

November 13, 2010 at 3:42 am

And like a true publicist,bella once again brings eku edewor on the site

31. amber rose

November 13, 2010 at 3:50 am

im sooooo loving Helen Ajayi. she can comfortably pass for a thirty year old woman. dats wat living a healthy life does for u. im gonna get a pic of dis amazing woman and stick it in front of my mirror.im nt yet 30, I neva born one pikin talkless of 3, yet i fear oooo. Neways, Steph, u go gal. I love u. Um, Eku….yeah, wateva.

• Karimah

November 13, 2010 at 10:42 pm

She’s got 4 children…. u can imagine…. God help me… am so hitting d gym

32. ugo

November 13, 2010 at 6:47 am

they all look fab!!!… *though im still trying to figure out who the third generation is*
    … meanwhile, photoshop ought to be banned!!!!! that’s a misleading representation of what a 51-year old looks like, and it leads to mass deception, confusion and depression by making others feel inappropriate. please ladies, let us all learn to love and embrace our bodies as they are and not give into these pressures everywhere. there is absolutely nothing wrong with growing old gracefully. there has to be something fundamentally wrong when a woman in her 50’s appears as though she’s in her 20’s.
    NOW, these pictures featured on bella a year ago are a more candid representation to me of what a 51-year-old (and in very great shape, i might add) should look like! http://www.bellanaija.com/2009/12/06/after-the-party-the-giving-continues-helen-prest-ajayi-fulfills-her-birthday-promise/

• niyoo

November 13, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Dont be silly. She looks good. remember that was a cheque presenation, while this one is a fashion editorial, which involves directing and touching up. So what if it was touch up, it still isn’t over the top [like the initail onesM&S had with Twiggy].
      I dont hear you commenting how stephanie okereke has such a bronzed out look …. natural …… not.

• Jenifa

November 13, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I actually feel your point there sis…yeah you are right, you meet half of thse folks in real life and thye just look normal. Yeah they llook good but with sign /traces of age, which frankly there is nothing wrong with that. Something rightly pointed it out up a few posts earlier that HPA is the exception not the rule. I knwo so many women who work out, with fit bodies, but other areas realistically depicts they are aging. aging is normal, so let;s embrace it and stop holding ourselves up to these anomaly standards

• ginger

November 13, 2010 at 8:59 pm

I agree with you.She looks VERY fab for age 51 but the pictures here have been photoshopped beyond relief. Her buffday pictures are more realistic.I however am not hating on photoshop, i use it to enhance my pictures to0 (lol)

• Karimah

November 13, 2010 at 10:45 pm

but u sure agree even with photoshop that she looks so good for her age… yeah the face might have been touched up but seeing her physically, u would know that she sure does look fab for a 51 year old woman… nuff said

33. Dolly

November 13, 2010 at 8:33 am

BN is becoming boring with this medieval censoring of comments, whatever happened to a lil’ twist of words to add some fun to the thread. Must everyone be in the direction of your cliche ‘D’ posts huh? You are just slow! slow!! slow!!!

34. Bola

November 13, 2010 at 9:55 am

There’s no pleasing you guys, is there? gosh! Theres a limit to what photoshop can do. mcheeew! Abeg! Rock on girls! Nothing do you! You all look FABULOUS!

35. kk

November 13, 2010 at 4:37 pm

skinny hungry looking women.
    Give me my real african woman any day, joor!!

• ginger

November 13, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Pray do tell…what is “REAL” African woman?ehn? SOme people are naturally skinny and they are Africans.Some of you here just make ignorant comments.

• Margaret

November 18, 2010 at 3:17 am

I pray that Ye open they eyes before a sumo wrestler disguises as an “African woman” to gain entrance to your lovely and peaceful home. [Amen]

• Margaret

November 18, 2010 at 3:18 am

thy*

36. Ko-eazy!

November 13, 2010 at 9:07 pm

No doubt HPA does look really good buh I agree she shoulda worn a more age- appropriate outfit…….they all ROCK!
    P.S @kk are you tryna say a fit African woman is a misrepresentation of African-ness cos I am quite lost!

37. House of truths

November 13, 2010 at 10:20 pm

abeg tone down the photoshop,

38. Karimah

November 13, 2010 at 10:48 pm

For those talking photoshop u can check HPA’s pic on the Afromedia celebrates 50 years yada yada….

39. jeli

November 13, 2010 at 11:21 pm

done with this Eku girl! she is everywhere!!

40. elboogie

November 13, 2010 at 11:58 pm

im naturally skinny after 2 kids im still a size 8 n of course i ve a huge appetite n also for ma 30somthn age i know i look like some one in in her teens for someone like getting to ma 50s i know i ll will look similar in stature wth helen so sometimes these thns can be just good slim genes

• Jenifa

November 14, 2010 at 8:14 pm

errrrm, size 8, US or UK is not particularly skinny nor fat….just in between 🙂

• mariaah

November 14, 2010 at 10:28 pm

8 UK is actually “Skinny” so get ur facts right..

• Yvete Odika

November 15, 2010 at 2:32 am

Please, make i hear word! Size 8 Uk or US is slim enough. Imagine you saying that UK size 8 is not skinny. Thats an american size 4 and you saying that’s not skinny enough.

I guess you’re a plumpy fat couch potato!

• babeeee

November 15, 2010 at 4:29 am

size 8 uk = size six US! not the same as 8 US babe and not in between fat or thin either! 😛

• Miss Lawunmi

December 3, 2010 at 11:19 pm

Mariaah, I am a UK Size 8 and I am NOT skinny. Just normal. So you get your facts right.

41. zpop

November 14, 2010 at 3:32 am

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with HPA’s outfit, she’s not prancing around
    in a mini skirt and half top so whats the problem (what her arms?). Furthermore these pictures of her aren’t misleading, anyone who sees her can testify that she actually looks like this its not high level photoshopping.I find people are more likely to quickly believe illogical juju stories than the fact that someone can look practically 20 at the age of 50. And kk its comments like that which divide us, I’d expect something like that from an ignorant foreigner. They are all beautiful and African! I never here of French people insulting each other they are always collectively supportive snobbing and insulting outsiders. Working together even with attitude is so simple.

• shade

November 15, 2010 at 4:30 am

I tire o.

• Miss Lawunmi

December 3, 2010 at 11:21 pm

Totally agree.

42. Kevin Obosi

November 14, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Like a wine HELEN gets better as she ages. Helen… I salute YOU!!!

43. Amaka

November 14, 2010 at 11:25 pm

Jesu Christi! Whattt? HPA is WHATTT?? Kai! Ndidiamaka you f*** up! Kai! See as HPA just fall my hand! And I am literally eating as I am reading this article! —puts down hamburger, ignores fries and searches for local gyms on BBry—

• shade

November 15, 2010 at 4:32 am

Buhaha! Wait what’s wrong with you enjoying your hamburger and fries? Girl please. Enjoy your food. As long as you don’t eat fast-food everyday and exercise every day or every other day, you’re good. I hope you found a good gym:)

• Amaka

November 15, 2010 at 8:31 pm

LOL. I found one! They even have Zumba classes! I’m so in! 🙂 won’t lie sha I haven’t been exercising like I used to. HPA na encouragement! 🙂

• mbabazi

November 18, 2010 at 9:07 am

is is true about eating fast food as long as you exercise?

44. AfroStylin

November 15, 2010 at 12:40 am

She is 51? Im officially ashamed!

45. myne Whitman

November 15, 2010 at 1:03 am

Chai, these woman are shaming us lazy bones. They all look fantastic!

46. Lepa

November 15, 2010 at 11:23 am

Pls is Bella managing Eku’s publicity or she’s a friend of the house. Either way kindly tone down the exposure abeg…

• Aibee

November 15, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Exactly.

47. tosyn lynn

November 15, 2010 at 11:43 am

this blog is hilarious especially with the nike oshinowo (wanna be barbie old lady)……as for steph she is very beautiful…..HPA just killed it….and as for eku no bee,f she’s hot deal with it

48. Zara Esse

November 15, 2010 at 1:29 pm

I don’t know how HPA did it, she definately has good genes at 51? She is totally HOT! Stephaine and Eku look good as well but HPA takes the cake WOW!

49. Aibee

November 15, 2010 at 8:31 pm

BN, abeg wetin tie you and Eku together? I’m tired of seeing her name and face everytime I log on to BN. Enough with the publicity abeg.

Helen Prest Ajayi> Hmmm. Now that is a real lady. Steph and Eku? Nothing for them

50. RMG

November 16, 2010 at 3:40 pm

lol at all the comments.Jeeze!

51. mbabazi

November 18, 2010 at 9:03 am

i will be going to the gym just to look like her. 51. okay besides Photoshop ,people who have seen her in person please tell me what she looks like plus bellanaija please do an article on her beauty secrets. public demand

52. mbabazi

November 18, 2010 at 9:04 am

why is eku on this list i thought she is naturally wafer thin .correct me if a i am wrong.

53. sola

November 18, 2010 at 10:05 am

Wen will nigerians stop to hate on their fellow nigerians, ugo u just couldn’t stand all the praises to helen ajayi, it was killing u rite. I was privileged to meet hpa at an event n I just couldn’t believe she was 51, her skin was so flawless it was unbelievable, my advice is instead of hating on one of d very rare beauties that can represent our country anywhere in d world, work hard so wen ur her age u’ll look half as fab but with all d hating u have inside u, I seriously doubt that. Here’s a links to some of her videos on fb…pls take a look n tell me whether it was photoshopped too. http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=415189727813 and also http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v434887172813.

• ugo

November 23, 2010 at 2:24 am

lol… wetin concern me and hating? i don’t know hpa from eve. i guess your eyes selectively skipped the part where i said they all look fab, and also where i said she looks great for 51 in the link i posted. what i do ‘hate’, if you insist on using that word, is false representations. if i jam HPA on the road right now, she will not look like that. this is not an issue that is unique to HPA’s photograph, there is false representation in the media everywhere, and when you end up meeting said people, you think “is this it???”, meanwhile some girl somewhere is stressing the living daylights out of herself to look like these imaginary representations she sees in the magazine. i can boldly say that try as anyone may (and that includes all my friends rushing off to the gym on seeing HPA’s photo), they WILL NOT look like that picture at 51. why? because HPA herself does not look like that at 51.
      this is a simple matter really, she is no doubt a very beautiful woman who has worked very hard to look like whatever she does, but whatever it is, it might be close, perhaps closer than some may choose to fathom, but it IS NOT that picture.

get it now? nice day! 🙂

• Dee

December 1, 2010 at 1:42 pm

I totally agree with Sola. She is beautiful close up ‘in real life’… her skin is amazingly flawless and her figure is fabulous. Don’t hate, Ugo!! Appreciate!!!!

54. femi

November 19, 2010 at 11:42 am

i just saw the videos, awesome, theres no phtoshopping there guys, dis is for real, helen is hot

55. Mariamah

November 25, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Woooooooooooooow, wen i grow up, i want to look like HPA

56. YEYE OGE 1

November 29, 2010 at 2:22 pm

HPA, looks awesome, steph 2 is hot in her own way.

57. Luchi

December 1, 2010 at 10:55 am

OMG…HPA is the shizzznitttt, her tummy after having children is jus sumtin. The truth is we xpect miracles when we work out but it takes consistence to get a fab body. I’ll turn 31 in March, im a size 8 not cos of good genes but I have been working my butt off since i was 18 and I have never used a Gym!!!

58. Jerry

December 1, 2010 at 12:27 pm

We need to get HPA on the full cover, telling her secrets on looking good. She looks YOUNG. Photoshop or no photoshop, the woman looks younger than Stephanie, and is almost as slim as Eku. IMAGINE!!!

59. Louisa

January 17, 2011 at 11:29 am

HPA has always looked stunning right from time.People, I know for some it’s the genes but I tell you, we need to just maintain ourselves you know (great food-you don’t need to go on a diet but cut back on the unhealthy bits and probably substitute some foods, exercise,some peace of mind, love for ourselves and others, more things, endless list…..)! Stunning women!!!!!

60. Imohazel

January 18, 2011 at 11:29 am

Loool @ the Nike comment!Soo true.To all the doubters out there,HPA is totally amazing,photoshop or not.As for Eku…no words. We just love to hate her 🙂 But please Bella, Style magazine, Elan,etc please please please spare us!We have had enough of her skinny, beautiful yellow self

61. butterfly

January 25, 2011 at 9:38 am

HPA… HPA…HPA….. WHY ME LORD?

62. butterfly

January 25, 2011 at 9:45 am

ahn ahn!!! too much fotoshop joh! but HPA wivout or with fotoshop is still a beauty queen worldclass

63. heather