News

BN Hot Topic: It’s 2011 Baby!

Glory Edozien

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!

We at BellaNaija.com want to use this opportunity to wish you all the very best of what you wish for in 2011. We truly appreciated your patronage and support in 2010 and we are looking forward to what 2011 holds!

Goodness, I am so excited about 2011! I was literally bouncing off the walls as soon as we crossed over into the New Year. I was singing, dancing, praying and crying, all at the same time. It really did feel fantastic to cross over into a new decade with all my loved ones! I am so thankful to God!

So for the last week or so we at BellaNaija.com have been working hard coming up with new and exciting content to keep you entertained throughout 2011. This has meant we haven’t updated the site as much as we would have liked, but we promise to make that up to you in every way in the next couple of weeks! We know you missed us, but trust me, we missed you even more and we are going to make sure 2011 is packed full of interesting content. We are so confident about our innovative content this year; we have decided to make this our own personal New Year Promise to you! In the year 2011, please feel free to expect the following from BellaNaija.com: Uber fab reportage on the Red Carpet, exciting coverage of events, varied and exclusive music content, thrilling and exciting feature articles and stories, interviews with your favourite celebrities, revamped and ultra 2011 fashion and style coverage and much much more!

In the meantime, we want to catch up with you all! Tell us what your New Year resolutions are, and if you’ve broken them already! Tell us how you entered 2011! Were you at church, at home or at a New Year party? Did you get emotional like me or were you quietly excited? What are your predictions for 2011?

Lets Catch Up!

Photocredit: www.kcnewyears.com

Glory is the host and executive producer of Inspire Series, the web talk show which uses the collective stories of everyday women to inspire others. She believes women are https://www.canadianmeds4u.com/category/buy-antibiotics-online/ more than hand bags, hair, make-up and other externalities and is passionate about about pursuing purpose and living above societal conformities. She is also a day dreamer, and romantic at heart who loves TV, food and family. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @inspiredbyglory and read more from her on www.inspiredbyglory.com

1. waje

January 3, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Happy new year bella,was a fantastic 2010 but this year is greater and better. welcome to your year of KINGSHIP everyone. too excited about this year men!

2. buttyroice

January 3, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Yay!!!!!!! I’m d first to comment! What a way to start my 2011 with BN! I couldn’t make it to church on d crosover nigfht. Had my bath, dressed up, n was gonna leave but my grandma gave me hell! She said no young woman hits d road @ that time no matter d reason! Lmao! Love her still! When d clock hit 12 I just fell to my knees απϑ started thanking God for all d wonderful people απϑ things even my dogs He had blessed me with! L☺l! Didn’t know when I went all emotional! We thank God!
    New year resolutions? Nah…….. L☺l! Although I wanna try to stay fit though! God help me

3. Temiloluwa Adebayo

January 3, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Wow, Glory your excitement is infectious!!! I am very excited about 2011 too.

I was at Church when the clock struck 12 and yea, there was loads of dancing and hugging. No crying though, lol.

For a millisecond, I got a bit worried about the fact that I’m getting old and there would be so much expected of me and I can no longer hide behind being in my early 20s. But oh well! I’m grateful to God for preserving me life to see the new year. I’m grateful for my family and friends. I’m grateful for my blog. I’m grateful for Bella Naija. And it is a great thing to be getting older.

Happy New Year all!xoxo

4. yemi

January 3, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Wow! Its 2011! I am so very excited to be here alive and well with all my loved ones too. Well, I was in church with my family and it was such an exciting time as always when we entered the new year. I’m sure its going to be a fab year for BN and all your audience. Welcome to a new year everyone!

5. Jack

January 3, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Yup! 1st!

6. Yeoal

January 3, 2011 at 2:38 pm

This past year has been truly amazing and made me realize that life is indeed a gift from God.Rang in the new year in church cos i wanted to thank him for this precious gift.Made a resolution that no matter what life throws my way i will always be happy cos i owe that to myself.looking forward to a truly exiting and rewarding year for me and everyone.
    Big up to the BN crew for an amazing 2010.

• ugo

January 3, 2011 at 4:15 pm

may 2011 be great for you. and may God remain your comfort. Amen.

7. Timma

January 3, 2011 at 3:13 pm

The past year was a very challenging one for me, so I was glad to scale through to the new year, was in church when the clock struck 12, a lot of laughter, hugging and dancing but also had my share of tears, remembering the past year and how so much changed with d death of my hubby and birth of my baby boy, it was a really emotional moment for me, but mind you,am very excited with the New year cos I believe God has a lot of goodies waiting for me and I have an extra angel looking out for me! I intend to truly be happy, give my 2 boys the best and put smiles on the faces of others as much as I can, one vital lesson 2010 taught me is Life’s too short, enjoy the best of it!Happy New year BN and all my people!

• lizzy

January 4, 2011 at 10:31 am

Happy new year to you Timma, God’s gonna exceed all your expectations for this year and give you loads and loads of causes to smile and keep smiling. You will not cast your young neither will you be looked for in the land of the living in Jesus name, Amen.

• Timma

January 4, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Thanks Lizzy,amen. Wishing you a great and fulfilling year ahead.

• Miss ATL

January 5, 2011 at 3:21 pm

My heart goes out to you Timma. Just remember God is there with you no matter what you have gone, are going, or will go through. He is ever-present and He will provide for you and your boys. Amen.

8. Naijamum

January 3, 2011 at 3:56 pm

2010 was a challenging year but like all experiences – I’ve learnt from it.
    I’ve stopped making new year resolutions because events always supercede whatever modest resolutions I come up with.
    My 2011 is going to be all about Embracing change; Doing my best each day; Loving more and Enjoying life as much as possible…..!
    Well, that’s the plan…..but I know God has greater plans for me and mine *smile*
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    May this year bring you all blessings and opportunities galore…AMEN!

9. Reallaw

January 3, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Hi Gloria,
    A pleasure to have u bk! Bn aching to read new stuff all holiday! Rock on! 🙂

10. BC

January 3, 2011 at 5:05 pm

I am just as excited for 2011 as you all are. Somehow, I feel that God is giving me a fresh start. I mean, I saw a whole decade pass before my eyes. A decade where I came to a new country. If I have learnt anything over the last 10 years, it is that I cannot control my future. I have made ghastly mistakes in years past because I tried to manipulate and control things. In 2011 and beyond, I am asking God to be my guide.I am asking Him to be the decision maker in my personal life, my professional and family life. I am asking Him to shine a light on my path so I can walk without stumbling. I refused to hear His voice though events around me and my own conscience were pointing me in another direction. It is a choice I regret and a mistake I never want to make again. So you see, 2011, is a year to live for God and let Him be the judge, cause all His plans are perfect and brings no sorrow.When He chooses for you, he chooses the very best. Let Him guide you this year. Happy New Year to you all.

11. Gbemi

January 3, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Happy new year #teambellanaija 🙂
    Thank you for doing a great job in 2010.

No new year resolutions for me. Just goals.
    2010 was by far the most eventful year of my life and I look forward to 2011 with so much excitement, it’s hard to stop smiling 🙂
    Moving halfway around the world may be scary and challenging, but it means getting a shot @ project runway, which used to be a vague dream… 2011 means serious hard work for me, but I’m READY!!! so 2011, bring it on!!!

12. Gbemi

January 3, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Happy new year #teambellanaija
    Thank you for doing a great job in 2010.

No new year resolutions for me. Just goals.

13. vickky

January 3, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I crossed over into 2011 in church, thanking God for the new year. Hubby and kids were at home, worried about further bomb strikes in abuja. So many phone calls came as we were leaving for church warning us to stay at home and pray instead. The story was that up to 4 churches would be bombed that dec 31st night……..how these rumours came up or got disseminated, only God knows!
    I ended up going to church without my ppl, who all slept off at home in boredom anyway, got searched at the church gate by security operatives for bombs,(as if id ever be a suicide bomber), started mass with a very very scanty congregation with fears of impending death but ended up having a wonderful new year mass.
    Of course, all my financial investment in knockouts and fireworks was wasted as the kids were all asleep and nobody dared celebrate with fireworks due to the bomb scare and the greater fear of the security operatives who just could arrest you as an associate bomber.
    All in all, 2010 was a good year and 2011 promises to be better by Gods grace.
    Happy new year to all.

14. Jojo

January 3, 2011 at 7:23 pm

15. Jojo

January 3, 2011 at 7:24 pm

I was in church. Despite d bomb threat in abuja. Couldn’t miss church for anything! And lyk my bishop said, what better place to die than in the church. Lol

16. aunty tawa

January 3, 2011 at 7:48 pm

happy new year, i pray and hope Nigeria starts off the year with greatness.

17. vickky

January 3, 2011 at 10:25 pm

@Jojo, I share your feeling exactly. Better to die in church than elsewhere.

18. vic001

January 4, 2011 at 9:27 am

Happy New year… I am really ecstatic to be priviledged to see 2011.. I just know its going to be a fantastic year..Its already started with the birth of my first niece..All Glory to the great God.He is awesome…Welcome to 2011 people

19. lizzy

January 4, 2011 at 10:36 am

Happy New year people, I crossed into the new year at church and it was an awesome experience. I wanna use this medium to appreciate Go. Fashola who mad the Brt buses available at many church points at no cost. Happy New year Every one.

20. Lucky Lady

January 4, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Yeah…2010 had its ups and downs for me..but above all it was my bestest year so far..the yr started very rocky..i was scammed and disgraced by a guy I was “seeing”..it was hell and i cried to God to vindicate me and save me from the shame
    God did..not so long..i met my God sent angel..who accepted me for me and loves me despite all..am glad to say am getting married this yr 2011..it so amazing to be in love with your dream man..
    I want to encourage every lady (especially those who have bin cheated in love and lost hope)..please open up..embrace love again and it might just be the one..dont be so uptight based on past experiences..as long as u are alive there is hope and u will be happy again
    Also..its a bb n fb world now…ladies please be careful with who u add on ur bb n fb..loads of guys that look all responsibe are scammers and dey use medium such as bb and fb to get their victims…dont say u r too smart not to fall…i did i trust me i fell prey
    Above all..i am so expectant this 2011..and i know this will be my bestest yr so far…
    Stay blessed y’all and all the best in 2011

21. Patience I

January 4, 2011 at 12:55 pm

I am also excited about 2011… extremely excited because there are too many expectations. I was in church to thank him for everything and keeping me thus far. 2010 was quite challenging and productive for me but i expect a better 2011, i wish you all the best.
    Thank Bellanaija! Happy New and Prosperous Year everyone

22. moji

January 4, 2011 at 5:09 pm

hi bella, happi new year. would luv to write articles for u ow do i go about it

23. NNENNE

January 4, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Happy New Year Bella!! Yours faithfully was in bed when the New Year ball dropped.I was really tired following the activities of the day.

24. Oma

January 4, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Happy new year to you all.

25. Babes about Town

January 5, 2011 at 2:02 am

Happy New year, good people. I trust everyone is ready to shine in 2011. This year, instead of a rambling list as usual I’m sticking with a one-word resolution that I’ve written about on my blog.

I’ve just added Bella Naija to my Pulse reader so I’m excited about being able to keep up more often as sometimes on this side of the pond I feel out of the loop!

Grab this year with both hands, wherever you are.

26. jazmyne

January 5, 2011 at 10:55 am

Happy new year BN!!!!!! I entered d new year in church….quietly thnkin God 4 bein alive…no cryin….I’s nt emotional at all….askin Him to make dis year my decoration season….nd to grant me grace to av faith in Him no matter wat..its goin b a blessed year for me,He promised…….

27. vanny baby

January 5, 2011 at 11:01 am

started my new yr in d church,popped a bottle of wine,slept,ate a bit.i have resolutions bt i didnt bother puttin em down kos wen i evaluated my 2010 resoltions i concluded dat i used 1day writtin&364 days breakin em though i hv decided 2 b orderly &start wit baby steps.i plan to live my life witout much regrets beat self discouragement,be more social&nice to ppl,make more money&complete gud projrcts dat i hv started.i want to do things wen they come&stop wishin.i believe its goin to b a great yr 4 naija&its ppl
    hope bella keeps up my keepi us always posted

28. Miss ATL

January 5, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I started the new year in church, like most of you. Happy New Year everyone and to the Bella Naija Team!

29. Nancy

January 5, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Happy New Year all, but please don’t wait for the year to fling goodies at you, GO for the goodies yourself!

30. susan dikeh

January 6, 2011 at 4:22 pm

was at home on 31st nite,started praying immediately it was 12am,i went very emotional and poured out my heart to him,i thanked him for 2010 and pleaded with him to add the mrs title to my name dis 2011.

31. Tina Ike

January 7, 2011 at 7:34 am

Happy New Year BN! My NYE was spent in church, very quiet but reflective and thankful for 2010 blessings, also very eager to usher in 2011. I am very excited for God’s will this year. Keep it coming BN team you guys Rock!

32. fxmanuls9

March 29, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Bonjour à vous tous ,

Pour débuter , donnez-moi la chance de vous montrer ma gratitude pour toutes les superbes infos que j’ai lues sur cet impressionnant site web .

Je ne suis pas sure d’être au bon endroit mais je n’en ai pas trouvé de meilleur.

Je proviens de Prince george, ca . J’ai 36 ans et j’élève 3 super enfants qui sont tous âgés entre sept ou 15 ans (1 est adopté). J’aime beaucoup les animaux et j’essaie de leur donner les concoctions qui leur rendent la vie plus heureuse .

Je vous remercie à l’avance pour toutes les superbes débats qui suivront et je vous remercie de votre compassion pour mon français moins que parfait: ma langue de naissance est le vietnamien et je tempte d’éviter les erreurs mais c’est très ardu !

A la prochaine

Arthru

33. air max 2009

November 16, 2012 at 1:06 am

You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the finest websites online.
    I will recommend this site!