News

It’s a Red Carpet Rampage at the Launch of CLAN by Tiwa, Teni & Aba Sagoe

At the launch of CLAN by Tiwa, Teni & Aba Sagoe on Saturday, the fashion didn’t begin or end with the models catwalking on the runway. The guests turned out looking all types of fly on the red carpet, at the runway and relaxing at the re-designed spaces of acclaimed architect Kunle Adeyemi of NLE.

The CLAN Launch was sponsored by Grey Goose and Bacardi, so there were smooth cocktails to keep the party going. Complimentary hors d’oeuvres were also provided. Yummy! The launch was organised by Q Events, a subsidiary of Quintessentially Nigeria, the well known luxury lifestyle management company.

Yes, from BN sources, the CLAN launch wasn’t just an event, it was a celebration – of young talent, all things fresh and beautiful.

Red Carpet, The Sagoe CLAN & Guests:

Leona Adesanya

Maria Martinez

Guests’ Styling:

Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi

1. Ngozi

August 16, 2011 at 9:48 am

What no comments yet?!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways, i hope to goodness those cocktails were not served to the teens at the event.

• taiwo

August 16, 2011 at 10:30 am

what is your problem ? talk about the industriousness of theupward hard working young women! applaud the good and stop looking at the downside …………….beef ist !

• cdot

August 17, 2011 at 2:08 am

Abeg I agree with Ngozi. As I looked at all the baby faces and then started seeing drinks fear catch me. I congratulate the Sagoes but we shouldn’t ignore underaged drinking. Too many people die in car accidents because no one talks about it.

• Onyx

August 16, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I agree, that was one of the first things I thought about when I saw clearly young ‘uns as the majority of guests. And you know how they never card people in naija…

2. teniola

August 16, 2011 at 9:51 am

awon Fashion-ables….

• The red carpet is not for everyone!

August 16, 2011 at 10:02 am

I think you mean Fashion-Unabled!

• NANCY PETERS

February 20, 2012 at 11:19 pm

lol. Uh-huh

3. modupe

August 16, 2011 at 9:52 am

nice!

4. samsie

August 16, 2011 at 9:55 am

Lovely everyone looked nicer than the collection itself

5. miss p

August 16, 2011 at 10:05 am

guess these children are grange or green springs kids,teens galore lol

6. AlittleHumor

August 16, 2011 at 10:08 am

These teenagers don overtake pesin o! see pace setting!!! If na ages 30s and 40s event be this, na so so error go full red carpet!

• Onyx

August 16, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Bwahahahahahaha!!!! No use laff kill me die o but na true you talk…

• tatafo

August 17, 2011 at 3:32 am

LWKMD abi o!!!

7. Shelly

August 16, 2011 at 10:15 am

Those shoes in the last pic are to die for…..*dreaming*

• right

August 16, 2011 at 11:07 am

its ALDO

• Onyx

August 16, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I know, those Aldo ankara shoes have been on my hit list since they went on sale but, alas, no size 9s in that style… 🙁

• OnPoint!

August 16, 2011 at 11:34 am

Go to Aldo in London

• Obialunanma

August 16, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Never size 9s in London too. Don’t remind us of our pains. The teens sure pulled it off!

8. kel

August 16, 2011 at 10:20 am

Wow! Never knew Bridget Awosika had such nice legs!! Nice spotless and sexy! Awon long legs for dayssss. Damn!!! Its funny how its the ones that don’t have nice legs that are always wearing short dresses and someone like her I always see in trousers. Na wa o. Very pretty chic! Anyways, I like how a lot of people came to support the sagoe clan girls. Heard it was a success and very well organized. Then again when ur mama be deola sagoe u no fit carry last sha!

• Agom

August 16, 2011 at 11:02 am

Lol @ kel! Man u sound a little like a perv oh. See drooling.wetin?! She does have nice sexy legs. On the slim side but tight anyways. But perhaps she won’t be wearing short dresses and showing legs all the time because she’s not 16?? Hahaha I kid I kid! Have you seen deola sagoe in a short dress too? Very toned legs too.

9. ify

August 16, 2011 at 10:31 am

I see loads of people came to support! Nice one. Major congrats to the Teni, Tiwa and Abba. U girls looked fantastic and the clothes were definitely up to par! Sky is the limit for u trio! My faves of the night Eku Edewor, Bridget Awosika and Tiwa Savage! I want to be like a trio of these ladies when I grow up! Lol

10. Lucy

August 16, 2011 at 10:38 am

Prices start at around ₦20,000??? Haba! Why now? That’s kinda expensive. Thought I would be able to buy some of those beautiful long sleeve vintage blouses but with 20k??? Hmmmm…… Anyway, nice collection though. Maybe some other time.

11. Ugo

August 16, 2011 at 10:42 am

The clan girls did a fantastic job! The pieces were very well done and quiye nice I must say. I think they are in good hands having a mother that’s already a pioneer in the industry. Deola Sagoe lookimg fab as always!! Love that woman!! Such grace in her. Other favourites of the night for me were Eku Edewor, Bridget Awosika and Hauwa Mukan. I have to admit tho that thiose kids were killing it too. They seem to be even more in tune with fashion than some other grown ups there.

12. OnPoint!

August 16, 2011 at 11:12 am

i’m loving the storage box seats…!

13. THE AMAKA

August 16, 2011 at 11:29 am

everything was great until i saw those ashy knees. did someone fall down on the cement floor before stepping on that red carpet?

14. anonymous

August 16, 2011 at 11:35 am

Elohor is a babe tho, always on point!!! I think everyone looked quite nice, hardly any overdressed or underdressed… 🙂

• Toriola

August 17, 2011 at 5:03 am

How is she a babe in that white boubou?

15. Jenny

August 16, 2011 at 12:13 pm

These red carpet photos are becoming toooooooo boring,same faces over & over again is it that you guys photograph only this people???? Its obscene it can’t be that this are the only people that go to this events now please stop the discrimination…

16. zizim

August 16, 2011 at 12:30 pm

slamming stuff… Deola Sageo is definitely giving back and not just hoarding everything for the oyinbo’s. Yes her things might be expensive but let’s look at the quality of her clothes. She is a wonderful role model…raising 3 beautiful young women who obviously know the value of hard work is no easy feat especially when it would be easier to be spoilt brats esp with all that money. I hail her jor…

17. The Editrix

August 16, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I see Nkiru Anumudu (sp?) wearing he Dolce and Gabbana star dress. Nice.

This is clearly a teen themed event. Good they came out to represent their friends and they dressed properly as well.

My only peeve? The heavy heels. People should learn how to wear not only appropriate clothes but appropriate shoes as well. Event such as this requires dainty, ‘soft’ shoes like sandals, open back peep-toes etc. not court shoes/platforms. Some shoes looked so heavy like the bibilical Noah’s Ark. But then this is Lagos. Heavy shoes are needs to paddle those Lagos roads.

• The Editrix

August 16, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Heavy shoes are *needed*….

Pardon the typo.

18. H.A.W

August 16, 2011 at 1:50 pm

niceeeeeeeeeeeeee

19. Bukky

August 16, 2011 at 1:54 pm

na wa for d girl wearing wedding gown o!

• DuChess O

August 16, 2011 at 2:35 pm

LMAO!!! That’s just wrong.

Love the girl in the black top and brown pants – effortlessly chic. Oh, and the girl sitting on the box set in the leopard print top – tres cute!

• Hot-Angel (Hottu Babe)

August 17, 2011 at 12:01 pm

The girl with the leopard top was my favorite. She looks so effortless but well thought (sounds contradicting I know, but that’s how I can explain it). http://cdn.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/CLANRedCarpet0091.jpg

Her hair is done with not much effort but it still looks good!! The shoes.. ha, I love.
      I am loving them all I must say.

20. http://diaryofsnw.blogspot.com/

August 16, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Naija girls too fine!!!!

21. Ms E

August 16, 2011 at 3:13 pm

abeg who is d babe in white wedding gown?
    every1 looks very good, naija is stepping up mad

22. NaijaPoet

August 16, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Nice photos. Thumps up to the young ladies at Clan. More grease to their elbows …speaking of grease, more grease to the knees of the lady in Pic 0071.

23. ch-boy

August 16, 2011 at 4:08 pm

one of the girls on picx 0076 looks like Brandy for those who knows Brandy…What do u think?

24. nobeefjustsaying

August 16, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Watch out for the girl in d leopard skin top and leggings, she’s one fashionista and pweety too. Yvonne ekwere is omnipresent shaaaaa!!! From baby christenings, to 90yr birthdays to burials, shows, seems like she only needs to blink to appear at an event, whew!!! Even celebrities select eveents to attend, she’s trying toooo hard! Liked d fact that d teens looked effortlessly nice and comfy

• Belize

August 16, 2011 at 11:14 pm

You know I was just going to say the same about the girl in leopard top…definitely one to watch out for. Everything about her in that pic is… 10 over 10 shikena lol.

25. SASHA

August 16, 2011 at 7:42 pm

WHO IS THIS EKU EDEWOR CHICK..SHE IS EVERYWHERE

26. olibenu

August 16, 2011 at 7:55 pm

nice one! i’m proud of nigeria.
    what’s up with hors d’oeuvre. e no get english alternative?
    i’m not a french hater (or still mourning for bakassi) but this is overkill.
    twas used all over thisday style.
    i don’t want to be insensitive but do the sagoe clan have a father? no mention of it so far.
    only in 9ja do the unemployed use berries. apple, you’re to blame.

• uhm

August 16, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Nigerians. How their father/lack thereof is your concern is a mystery.

27. coolcat

August 16, 2011 at 8:07 pm

The chic in d burnt orange jumpsuit is so gorgeous it hurts…ahhhh

28. jennietobbie

August 16, 2011 at 9:08 pm

HAAAAA!!! Naija please stand UP!!!!! WEEERRRRKKKKK IT

29. konnie

August 16, 2011 at 10:06 pm

I love those ankra wedges. Who makes them and how do I get me some.
    Someone help with info

thanks

• Onyx

August 18, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Ankara wedges are from Aldo and if you hurry now, they’ve got a sale on, so prices have been knocked back… (see me doing unpaid promotion)

30. richard marshal

August 17, 2011 at 2:01 am

really interested to be among the clan company it a nice design u all are the best

31. The shoes

August 17, 2011 at 2:23 am

The shoes ‘Last Pic’ shown are ALDO Shoes …………………

32. Titi

August 17, 2011 at 10:26 am

Well done girls and Deola Sagoe, you looked fabulous !!!

33. Tiki

August 17, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Very refreshing, the near total absence of ashy knees and glaring fashion faux-pas.
    Maybe the so-called fashionistas in the industry should learn a thing or two from these young’uns who judging from these and other pics, have a thing or two going for them!

34. JC son

August 17, 2011 at 3:19 pm

One of the best red carpets on BN in recent times………..kudos

35. man eater

August 17, 2011 at 5:17 pm

a man with a hand bag? smh

• patience

August 17, 2011 at 5:35 pm

LMAO.
      SMH @ u. It’s a woman… who else did you see with a red blazer but Ezinne Chinkata, the stylist?

36. @Chizoba

August 17, 2011 at 5:56 pm

lovley event everyone looked chic yet stylish___ 😀

37. pricless

August 17, 2011 at 9:26 pm

lovely photos. this is what people should look like when they hit the red carpet. not flip flops. kudos

38. Shoppy

August 17, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I think they are from ALDO, I am almost certain cos I have seen the exact thing there before.

39. stephanie

August 18, 2011 at 9:48 am

leona adesanya!!

40. :)

August 23, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Bridget looks great with some weight on, makes her look more youthful, fresh faced and approachable, she should keep it right here.

41. STODY

August 24, 2011 at 4:31 pm

see how tacky Eku Edewor looks..