Events

BN Exclusive: Hot or Not? Red Carpet from the 2011 MTN Project Fame West Africa Gala

The 2011 MTN Project Fame West Africa Gala spun up some interesting red carpet looks. As is the current trend, bright colours popped up all around the red carpet.
Check on it.

Musa & Caroline Danjuma

Joseph Benjamin & Adora Oleh

What’s Going in Here?

Photo Credit: BellaNaija.com | Insignia Media

1. missb

October 5, 2011 at 12:31 am

I comment my reserve #am I first?

• Truth

October 5, 2011 at 12:40 am

LWKMD! na real i comment my reserve! Me i follow join 2 o

• Faith2

October 5, 2011 at 3:04 pm

LOL… LORD Have mercy! All I have to say is WHOA!

2. the intricacies of life.......

October 5, 2011 at 12:40 am

toke looks like big bird in that pic! lol, kenny brown should ditch her entire wardrobe! especially those shoes AGAIN! better still start wearing iro and buba to be on d safer side!

3. the intricacies of life.......

October 5, 2011 at 12:45 am

the girl in d first pic, like really? camel toe.com

• nephetiti

October 5, 2011 at 1:09 am

as in!!!! eyeeewww

4. Hali

October 5, 2011 at 12:47 am

Is it by force to wear leggings or unitards? Rule of thumb – if you can see the outline of your crotch, do not wear it!

• agree

October 5, 2011 at 10:32 am

I agree. If you’re bigger than a size 6, refrain from wearing leggings as trousers…

5. Lamide

October 5, 2011 at 12:54 am

Well, umm…Segun Arinze looks healthy 🙂 Oh, and Adora Oleh’s dress is gorge, she’s got lovely legs. I’m jelly 😛
    That’s all I got, really 😆

6. Nikky jay

October 5, 2011 at 12:54 am

The following ladies did it for me

Damilola Adegbite
    Juwon Ogundipe
    Caroline Ekanem

They all looked nice.

7. coco

October 5, 2011 at 12:59 am

My eyes, My eyes, My eyes — chai, my eyes are hurting me

8. Ms E

October 5, 2011 at 1:08 am

lmao at wats going on here? she should go to jail
    btw adora oleh hotness *faints*

9. kokhllja

October 5, 2011 at 1:09 am

alot of dem looked horrible.. i had a frown on my face as i scrolled down.. smh..

10. babyface

October 5, 2011 at 1:19 am

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Comic relief! Who the hell invited the last two people?

• Chi

October 5, 2011 at 2:49 am

Lmao!!!!

11. omoibo

October 5, 2011 at 1:45 am

is it me, or does the chica in the very first pic have a camel-toe?? lol, 😉

12. lasgidi princess

October 5, 2011 at 2:12 am

okay y’all, this is a hotmess.org

13. amber rose

October 5, 2011 at 2:19 am

i love so many. nice turn out. kenny st brown? noooooooooo. frumpy. really love the chic in d belted red jacket. fierce!

14. El Toro

October 5, 2011 at 2:25 am

Its definately a camel toe and did i see someone dressed in something that looks like a pyjamas? And i think the people in the last two photographs were definately at the wrong show. Alot of well dressed people tho. Thumbs up!

• Tayo

October 6, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Yep, that girl in pic #528 was definitely rocking her PJs…wtf!

15. YehYah

October 5, 2011 at 2:31 am

Wow! Great photos! The first one is very Nicki-Minaj-esque!

16. YehYah

October 5, 2011 at 2:33 am

17. @_Iyore

October 5, 2011 at 2:37 am

What kinda outfit Retta got on? Menh, the shoes,dress… not cute

18. @_Iyore

October 5, 2011 at 2:40 am

LMAO ! @ The whats going on here section, I don’t know..Loool

19. Pelola

October 5, 2011 at 2:54 am

Is it a crime for Naija girls to carry their own hair???As in must people wear 45 inch weave to look nice???WHat the hell!!!I cant get over the fake horse hair these people use all the gaddamn time…Then nawa for camel toe o….GEEZ

20. Uhuh

October 5, 2011 at 2:57 am

Omg….Someone tucked in their shirts INSIDE their Leggings….IT HAPPENED…I have seen it all. and LMAO at the First and Last Pic. SMH

• EgoChi

October 5, 2011 at 8:56 am

As per high waisted leggins lmao

21. Sweetastic

October 5, 2011 at 3:10 am

Its Really sad that a Lot of Ladies in Nigeria try soo Hard to be “Different” and come with swagger but a lot of them end up looking very stupid..
    PS… Short Dresses or Leggings, is NOT for Everyone.. If your knees are crusty/Out of Shape like most ladies in these pictures please just wear a Long dress or something..
    Sometimes Less is More.. Goshhhh….Don’t be doing Over Sabi

22. Ginika

October 5, 2011 at 3:49 am

“What’s going on here?!”~ Bella, I think it is called aggresive marketing. She needs new client… I can just picture the slogan:”… I even do handcuffs” #okbyebye

23. allen

October 5, 2011 at 4:25 am

FAIL

24. ojaybaby

October 5, 2011 at 4:30 am

alll i can say is what the heck is going on? did the miss the memo sheesh #i2sabe,jjc#

25. Rolex

October 5, 2011 at 4:57 am

chai, my eyes have seen…
    the looks for the most part were blahh with a few exception

26. Jay

October 5, 2011 at 6:01 am

Why do Nigerian men always wear blazers? There are other ways to look good/fresh. Jay Okocha is the only man that looks good. Not a fan of the bleached jeans but his type is manageable.

A lot of the women do not look good. I have to give it to Karen Y at least for keeping it simple. Her look is the safest way out but she tried. I also appreciate Vixen for wearing something different from the other women. I wouldn’t say I like the way she put her outfit together but she tried and she’s confident in it (you can tell).

I really think Kenny Brown needs a stylist!

27. ugowoundo

October 5, 2011 at 6:02 am

men i just look out for JAY JAY’S baths everytime…..kai..correct man…..i’m getting that for shizzy

• ay

October 6, 2011 at 12:05 am

baths?

28. dlapikin

October 5, 2011 at 7:23 am

This color blocking has gotten outta hands in nigeria some people can’t tell evening from daytime anymores shhhshhh

29. chikeobi

October 5, 2011 at 7:41 am

love adaora karen and nkiru’s outfits, these ladies do it for me all d time. they never go wrong

30. candid

October 5, 2011 at 7:41 am

kenny saint brown , hire a stylist or stop appearing in public. shikina!!!

31. wumsbaby

October 5, 2011 at 8:07 am

Congrats to cobhams!

• Abiola

October 5, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Our iyawo is preggers!! Cobhams, sharp guy, i see you’re not wasting time! 😉 Congratulations!

32. kelz

October 5, 2011 at 8:08 am

Lololololol the chic in the VERY FIRST PIC should be aressted by inspector vjay on behalf of fashion police like seriously long length mirror before stepping out of the house helloo

33. swexyk

October 5, 2011 at 8:09 am

That’s my girl Ebube!! Go Girl,mi like………;)

34. That Girl

October 5, 2011 at 8:23 am

This red carpet, by and large, was a hot – mess.
    Kudos to Lisa Leigh, Caroline Danjuma and Adoara Oleh for bringing a touch of class.
    Wow.

35. moneyman

October 5, 2011 at 8:40 am

caroline ekanem and karen young did it for me. simple and elegant.

36. Nino

October 5, 2011 at 9:27 am

Lisa. 10/10….
    THERE SHOULD BE MORE PEOPLE IN THE “WHATS GOING ON HERE COLUMN”
    such as vixen….i mean what is going on there…
    caroline danjuma is just hot but there is no way i’m letting my man leave the house in that “GET UP”….HELL FREAKING NO…MBA…LAI LAI…
    i dont like jo……

37. Aibee

October 5, 2011 at 9:46 am

This is a collection of hot messes! Lots of fail. Aunty Kenny St. Brown,I know you are close to 50 but do you really have to wear orthopedic shoes?

• Missy

October 5, 2011 at 5:16 pm

ROTFLMHO!!!!!!……haba….i lack words just smh laffing seriously!!

38. babe

October 5, 2011 at 9:50 am

the girl in the last two pics????? whats up with that ??? she looks weird

39. LadyRockds

October 5, 2011 at 10:49 am

PLEASE can/could someone PLEASE tell Efe Tommy to cut off that dreadful thing on his head! It looks like a rat glued to his head! eeeew!!! And dat scary lady with the cuffs like really?

40. deeba

October 5, 2011 at 11:14 am

and they will start saying ALL Lagos girl are all posh!!half of these girls in these pics are razzier than razz..WHY? because they are wannabes and its soo freaking obvious…see that bola okhiria with all kokohouse money she cant stlye herself properly
    Tips LADIES
    1)Keep your outfit SIMPLE wen you are in rush!! HEELS will finish off the look 4 you if you dont know what to wear

2) Do a weave with your natural hair out around the parting: if you havent found a tasteful hairdresser who can do closed weaves that look divalicious
    3)Plssss and plsss buy the right shade of foundation. Its hard but a guideline wld be to leave matte for day and dewy finishes for night! Hence the OJUJU bleaching look Avoided…GOSHH!

• Missy

October 5, 2011 at 5:18 pm

lol!!!! na real ojuju bleached look!!!…so so true!!

41. Ready

October 5, 2011 at 11:19 am

More…much more people need to be in the ‘WTF’s going on here’ section. In people’s defense, we were quite confused as to what to wear. It was supposed to be an invite-only Project Fame kickoff night/concert.
    The invite said gala night, personally, I was unsure as to whether to wear a formal cocktail dress, or be more casual…I see that many Naija babes overdid it, ‘specially with the butt-length manes our women seem to prefer.
    Lemme digress right quick; MTN needs to step up their game. The event was billed to start at 5, they didn’t start till 8 with Elenu’s jokes. Then Frank Edoho comes on & declares the show on, and we still had to wait for another
    30 minutes (no apology btw), then a producer (abi nkan) comes to issue rules: we shouldn’t boo even bad performances, we should be energetic as it’s a studio recording, and the shocker: turn our phones off. Trust Naija people, we no gree.
    Nothing as such was included on the iv and you want thousands of people to turn their phones off despite over 4 hrs of delay and an accumulating 200 bucks per hour parking space. By 2:40 a.m, Brandy still hadn’t come on, and we had figured out that
    The Game wasn’t there as promised and neither was D’banj. They also promised Sound Sultan, but Adaora had to correct that when it was Chidinma’s turn to perform with him. Oh, did I forget to include that they were still rehearsing at 5:30 p.m when
    the show should have started at 5? Yes. I know it was a free show, but it was so unprofessional, and many of us derived joy from snickering about how the program was just like MTN’s services; ambitious but full of delays, and generally frustrating.
    Brandy looked nice tho’…I bet that wasn’t Pro-ten on her head tho’. That brand of hair extension is disappointing.
    *sigh* #okdone.

• iLoveMyDell

October 5, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Digression noted. Granted the show sure didnt start til late. & like Spicy said, not the avenue for that…
      But lets set ur story straight…u can sha fit to exagerate Mr/Ms/Mrs Ready, kai! Brandy did perform but not at 2.40am [#wonderwhyyousaidthat] She cameup at about midnite, then Joe followed. About The Game not been there, it was said at the start that Joe would perform instead. D’Banj also did perform, past 2am as many would recall. & SoundSultan also was there, he just didnt perform the song [with Chidinma] whch Adaora introduced him for the 1st time, he performed wit her on Jankoliko. Sad you’re conjuring up your own tale of how it went down…but as you said, many of “you derived joy from snickering”, so i guess its your thing… *sigh

42. Camilla Zahir

October 5, 2011 at 11:28 am

Vixen………..its not a circus darling!!!

• kokolette

October 6, 2011 at 10:02 am

she’s a joker …she tries tooooooo hard!!!

43. Camilla Zahir

October 5, 2011 at 11:31 am

Chic in the first picture…there are ways to hide the toe though…..Jeez!!!

44. Camilla Zahir

October 5, 2011 at 11:32 am

And the award for the most worn red carpet accesory goes to………*drum roll*…………..EFE TOMMY!!! Guy,free that belt naaa………..abeggg!!!

• Ovbiedo

October 5, 2011 at 2:01 pm

You need to go re-check ok? he was always wearing the Louis Vuitton Belt now he change am oo no be LV again na “H” this time… so kudos to him!

45. jaymbaka

October 5, 2011 at 11:38 am

damilola adegbite looks smashing….

46. Yehyah

October 5, 2011 at 11:39 am

The first picture reminds me of Nicki Minaj!

47. spicy

October 5, 2011 at 11:57 am

damn! im still not over the first picture! obviously lady gaga mentors some people!
    @ready ur comment is supposed to be something in the neighborhood of hot or not if i get the title of the post correctly. we understand u want to vent but i doubt this is the right avenue 🙂

48. Bob Tega

October 5, 2011 at 11:58 am

Caroline, Bolanle Okhiria and Damilola are the best dressed in my opinion! Nice combinations! @Deeba xcept u’re lookin at a different pic o!..I see nothning wrong in Bolanle’s entire look nd I know I’m not alone on that one! Plus d babe fyn gaan!

49. tinu

October 5, 2011 at 12:02 pm

WAS THE COLOR FOR THE EVE PINK OR RED? CANT SAY TOO MUCH THO COS IM STILL IN SHOCK BUT IF THEY HAD WORN JEANS AND A NICE SHIRT, THAT WUD HAVE BN SAFER. BELLA I WILL DEF SUE YOU FOR NOT WARNING READERS OF THE DISASTER THEY ARE ABOUT TO VIEW. LOL

50. MelonX

October 5, 2011 at 12:13 pm

@ready gala = formal if dinner/ball or semi-formal if a festival.

51. Enny

October 5, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Bolanle…hot!(Nice shoes too) Damilola…hot!(lips too red sha) Caroline…hot! VIXEN…hot mess! KSB…hot mess! those 2last peeps lost their way 2whereva they were going bt were lucky 2enter and show their rubbish dressing!lmao! Enny has spoken!

52. Lue

October 5, 2011 at 12:53 pm

i read the comments first and i was like……”haba, wetin now?”………..
    when i saw the pics…………i understood……..
    no be small thing o

53. D Pretty

October 5, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I quickly scrolled to d comments cos my eyes were hurting seriously.
    Cohbams nd his wife looked nice.
    Aunty Kenny,no more red carpets for u BIKO..ur shoes are DEAD.
    Abeg abeg abeg,am not feeling dis page

54. 'Mina

October 5, 2011 at 2:02 pm

‘Lola Adegbite looks fabulous! way to go girl..

55. Kathryn Cage

October 5, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Seriously?

56. Kathryn Cage

October 5, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Come to think of it, is Essense supposed to be a celeb? Guess she gets her inspiration from KSB. Vixen Ekwerre, wetin happen? Efe Tomi, SMH, you have won that belt one time too many!

57. I.d

October 5, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Me i folow 2 o. Y r u guyz bring it up 2dy since sundy

58. MumyZee

October 5, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Vixen watapin naaaa???KSB haba haba haba

59. Salama

October 5, 2011 at 3:43 pm

This Jecintha Powell person…what does she actually do? (Apart from gracing every red carpet event in Lagos?)Like…profession-wise?

60. HotHalima

October 5, 2011 at 4:10 pm

the first pic of the lady called DENCIA,is she forreal spells tacky

61. stunning

October 5, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Kenny St Brown or whatever her name is, really did wear a dress on pants???!!!OMG * I haf dead n goned to heaven*
    Is it me or is Caroline Danjuma looking whiter that normal?She does look good though
    Kunbi Oyelese need to lay of the whole “Raccoon Eyes” look. It makes her look older…What is she 24-25? Less is more with the eye-liner/kajol or whatever Honey!
    ALL in ALL….i think i could sense some wannabe thingy going on in these pictures.

62. cathy

October 5, 2011 at 5:18 pm

WTF!!!! people looking soooooooooo drab hian. well kudos to the people that did work it out

63. Missy

October 5, 2011 at 5:32 pm

rolling on the floor at the comments…i love bella readers lol!!!! but honestly 1st and last peeps shudn’t have been allowed in esp the 1st am sure she was on her way to her spot on Adeola Odeku wen she decided to branch…smh….as for those that caked on wite foundation on their faces…am glad u took pictures so u’ll see how shocking you were looking…shame on u for frightening lil kids!!…some even matched their colourful get ups with colourful faces…I mean how can ur blush be same intensity as ur lipstick?…smh…

64. Temilola

October 5, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Chei!! Toke u can fall hand sha, with all d shakara n forwardness (oti be ju *in yoruba*) PS: bbe talk less esp in public.

Vixen love……………not bad buh I expected better!

Aunty Kenny pls stp embarrassing Nigeria.

65. eloho

October 5, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Someone needs to go and take that black show from Kenny St. Brown, every event i see her at, she’s wearing them! Talk about over-rocked!

66. pendo

October 5, 2011 at 9:46 pm

my eyes hurt!!!

67. molly

October 5, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Na wa o for people and beef. @tinu, I don’t see what’s so terrible about what most of the people on this red (yellow) carpet wore.
    I don’t think there was a proper dresscode so we really can’t criticize what people wore. As you can see there was a wide range of styles ranging from jeans to leggings to short dresses to long dresses and so on.
    Btw I agree with ready. The event was badly planned, as at the time I left ( about 11:30pm) they hadn’t even finished the main recording not to talk of starting the concert. This was an event meant to have started at 5pm. Mtn, please take note for future purposes.

68. ay

October 6, 2011 at 12:08 am

Damilola Adegbite and Adaora Oleh looking all kinds of sexy. Everyone else is total dreckitude.

69. ij

October 6, 2011 at 10:00 am

Saint Obi- simple , smart, fluff free ,no pot belly, how refreshing!!!!!!

70. sofy

October 6, 2011 at 11:00 am

aaaha naija gals r slowly killing me!!!!!c-riously the 1st chic smh

71. tosin o

October 6, 2011 at 11:29 am

DENCIAAAAA!!!!!! Do i see a CAMEL TOE????? Yepa!

72. :)

October 6, 2011 at 12:19 pm

My eyes!

73. Molotov_B

October 6, 2011 at 12:20 pm

An array of messes.

74. Sweetastic

October 6, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Naaaaaaaaaaaah But Seriously, what Idiot told Bolanle to wear those shoes, Babe they dont go with what you are wearing, and you won koko mansion. get a Stylist pls. Clearly a lot of people at this event, Missed their Way.. I am still in shock with the way some people are dressed..
    @Deeba you took the words right out of my mouth…Damnnn

75. anna

October 13, 2011 at 7:15 am

complete joke!!!!
    a few nice looking ladies but the majority, complete mess..
    1st i think they need to ban weaves in 9ja and make every1 every wear their traditional clothes.. abeg these lot neeed to go back to wearing wrapper, they have toarlly lost the plot, and have no understanding of what fashion is!

76. anna

October 13, 2011 at 7:15 am

*totally

77. tobi

October 17, 2011 at 10:02 am

na peeps sabi wear crap nowadays.i mean what are some of them wearin

78. abisi

October 17, 2011 at 5:12 pm

kenny st brown! always a disaster

79. queen aiidarh