Music

Omawumi teams up with Flavour N’Abania for “Bottom Belle” – Listen to her brand new single now!

New music alert!
While we are still “grooving” to “If You Ask Me”, Omawumi has just released a new single titled “Bottom Belle“.
The song features red hot artiste Flavour N’Abania.

Find out more about the vibe and inspiration for this track below.

“Bottom Belle is a special song,” the feisty diva explains. “It is my witty way of telling the story of an opinionated young Nigerian woman who wants and fully intends to enjoy her life. This is a song you’ll rock to at the local hangout, the club or even the village square!”

Bottom Belle has a feel good vibe, which is driven by a smooth highlife beat. The song has an unmistakable club feel, merging native sounds with a cosmopolitan edginess that would prove irresistible to music lovers. The song tells the story of a young woman being wooed and how expensive she is to maintain. She tells her ‘toaster’ to prove himself a ‘chairman’ by taking her shopping and buying her a pair of bell-bottom trousers and other things that would make her happy.

Kporokoto master Flavour never fails to impress, and he does the same in this single. Playing the role of the ‘Chairman’, Flavour’s vocals take the listener straight to the dance floor as he boasts of his wealth in different currencies and how he plans to spend it on her as long as she makes him happy and dances to his tunes.

Listen to Omawumi feat. Flavour N’Abania – “Bottom Belle”
[audio:https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/bottom-belle-omawumi-flavour-bellanaija.mp3]

1. E babe

February 6, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Omawumiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!! thumbs up…u make pidgin even sexier 😀

2. ama

February 6, 2012 at 1:42 pm

first!!!!!!!!! I love this song….

• BubblyBliss

February 6, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Try again

3. eloho

February 6, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Hmmmm…Hmmmm…hmmmm…it is growing on me small small sha but….Hmmmm! I love Omawumi sha but…i don’t love this yet.

4. onyx

February 6, 2012 at 2:19 pm

I’m really feeling this… wonder if it’s on iTunes just yet.

5. moi

February 6, 2012 at 2:20 pm

1st.me likey the song

6. Tobi

February 6, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Me am liking this tune oooo nice colabo tho.. :))

7. eazzie

February 6, 2012 at 2:31 pm

omawunmi…never gets it wrong!!!

8. Chyoma

February 6, 2012 at 2:43 pm

I love this song!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is it – AN EXCELLENT COLABO. What more can I say??????????????????

9. BukiOni

February 6, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Love Omawumi and I love this song!

10. Thelma

February 6, 2012 at 3:23 pm

i’ve played this song 7 times now…i’m dancing like never before..love it

11. concerned

February 6, 2012 at 3:26 pm

i don’t like it may be it’s because i know the original. please i am not hater. i just said the truth.

• Neze

February 6, 2012 at 4:27 pm

No, you just said what you feel, not “the truth,” which is an objective fact, as opposed to your subjective position.

• tatafo!

February 6, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Please what’s the original?

12. kokie

February 6, 2012 at 4:03 pm

nice piece.

13. pelola

February 6, 2012 at 4:09 pm

not feeling it right now, but it may grow on me later

14. Tiki

February 6, 2012 at 5:05 pm

It’s got a bit of a ‘makossa’ vibe to it…I love!

15. Purpleicious Babe

February 6, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I like the ghanian’s beat to it ohh.. sounds too ghanian sha…

• partyrider

February 6, 2012 at 6:22 pm

ghanian? buhahahahahahaha #fail

• MizzCJ

February 7, 2012 at 3:57 am

She’s actually right! Google ghana hiplife/highlife music from the early to mid-2000’s
      (eg: Praye- I and My Shorty)!
      I’m from Ghana so i know.

• julit

February 7, 2012 at 6:07 pm

u dont know jack! verify first

• HoneyDame

February 8, 2012 at 3:10 am

I know!!! I thought the same thing too…loving it!

• Nyarko Stephen

February 25, 2012 at 8:45 am

Very true felt same>>>>>>>its cool

16. miss t

February 6, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Luv d beginin ‘ kokoma astanby adebisi baibai omawunmi baibai’. Omawunmi + Flavour= original nigerian tunes!

17. Shut up coolcat

February 6, 2012 at 6:17 pm

This is Rex lawson’s song just like Nwa baby that flavour did earlier

18. damaris

February 6, 2012 at 9:01 pm

the beginning sounds like a song naija mum use to calm a baby down when crying lol
    i love the vibe regardless

19. Abs

February 6, 2012 at 9:28 pm

The original song is an old Ghanaian highlife sung in Twi and made around the early 70s. trying to see if i can find it on youtube. I remember some of the words though. ‘Bonse biribi reba ooo, Bonse ye ye’ (Bonse, something is coming, Bonse ye ye). beautiful old highlife song. she killed it!

20. Abs

February 6, 2012 at 9:29 pm

cant find it on youtube. 🙁

21. MARIONA

February 6, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Hmmmm, I dont like the song.The music is a mixture of Ghanian Highlife and South African rythm.Thot she is now a pastor(pastoress) or sometfin in dat direction.

• partyrider

February 6, 2012 at 11:40 pm

hian pastor from where now..waje twitted a pic of omawumi holding a bible and teased her with the name “pastoress” the next thing blogs carried news that she’s now a pastor..false story my dear

22. jennietobbie

February 6, 2012 at 9:49 pm

FLAVORRRRRRRR MARRRYYYY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. your Igbo di crazyyyyy

23. onegirl

February 6, 2012 at 11:19 pm

She’s singing about belle again..#just saying….

• partyrider

February 7, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Give yourself brain…if you dont know what “bottom belle” is just keep quiet.

• Gidi

February 8, 2012 at 3:32 pm

why you dey fall my hand for public like this?

24. Tinu Ade

February 6, 2012 at 11:22 pm

i love her music. !! AMAZINGG

watch NTA, AIT, BENTV and a whole lote more from the US and Canada

25. Amby

February 7, 2012 at 12:20 am

Isnt it a mixture of a Nigerian Highlife music by Dr. Victor Olaiya? not sure

26. Ib

February 7, 2012 at 3:28 am

it sounds like they are free styling…not bad tho

27. MizzCJ

February 7, 2012 at 3:54 am

LOVE IT! sounds like Ghana Jama/Hiplife music! 😀

28. Uju G

February 7, 2012 at 4:15 am

This song n’agbakam isi eh.. great collabo though Flavour should have done better but still Love it!

29. I talk am

February 7, 2012 at 5:51 am

I love ittttt… (Replaying it the 3rd time) it sounds like songs I tried singing as a kid. I love the free styling issh. It is not their song per se but they added a new vibe to it. I LOVE IT!!!

30. Concerned

February 7, 2012 at 6:39 am

Real nice old highlife/hiplife resucitated at the right time. The original song “bottom belle” was done by legendary Herbert Udemba from Owerri. I hope his Children get royaties from this song ‘cos this song will do really well.

31. Ice queen

February 7, 2012 at 8:34 am

My two favs…but honestly not feeling the flow just yet

32. julit

February 7, 2012 at 11:46 am

omawumiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! i am so proud of you.

33. eloho

February 7, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Ok…i’m liking it now!

34. mereal

February 7, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Nice beat! The chorus not bad too..

35. ozioma the truth

February 7, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Nigerians, @ home and in the diaspora! Enough is enough. When are we going to finally start recognizing our musical originators and past geniuses that gave us d blueprint 2 our now near world famous “NAIJA MUSIC”? This song (bottom belle) was ORIGINALLY created and performed by HERBERT UDEMBA, a super music pioneer who is currently residing in Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria (yes, he’s still alive). A cover of the same song was also done a few years back by the Owerri Bongo Music artist, Sunny Bobo.

Most other countries give credit 2 song originators and creators and it’s high time Nigerian artists and music bloggers start doing the same as it will help educate our youngsters and make our efforts more appreciated as is d case in d U.S and other western countries where appreciation and acknowledgement of d work and works of their musical originators and pioneers is the norm. Because we are still developing, music wise, d debate on intellectual property rights and its infringement has not been in the forefront, so, let us at least, give credit 2 d originators, since unlike their western (U.S, Europe) counterparts, they are not seeking court injunctions and huge damages.

Omawumi must respect intellectual property rights and credit d originators properly. Flavour should do the same as well to PIONEERS like Rex Lawson (Ashawo, Nwababy), Nze Dan Orji and d Peecocks (MC Loph Eulogy), Chief Osita Osadebe (Ebezina-fuel subsidy).. Let’s wise up people.. Educate the youth and appreciate art by giving credit to whom it’s due- we don’t only always have to wait for lawsuits to be compelled to comply with simple protocols.

• cupidscall

February 7, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Ehhhh we all get your point and to be truthful I don’t even know more than half of the music pioneers you just mentioned. It looks like you know a lot concerning this music thing and the pioneers/geniuses/music originators so why don’t you start your own music blog so you can educate people like me that don’t have an idea. Do you have to wait for admins of already existing music blogs to do it. As a matter of fact not many people know about these guys you just mentioned because back in the day there was really no means of advertisement for musicians. This is one problem we humans have, you’re screaming enough is enough, but you’re waiting for a certain “someone” to do something about it, when you, yourself can do something about it. Start up your own blog and educate the youth. If you can’t do something about it, who will?

• Gidi

February 8, 2012 at 1:45 am

i see your point and i concur.
      Even a shout out akin to the kind of stuff Sound Sultan did on that track in SS4 where he sampled Ebenezer Obey song would have been apt in most of the cases you noted.
      It is amazing because most fans actually think these modern tracks are original and a re denied an opportunity to embrace the originals and appreciate the roots from which these modern artistes have found inspiration.

36. cupidscall

February 7, 2012 at 11:00 pm

• Gidi

February 8, 2012 at 10:51 am

you missed part of the point.
      He is not laying the blame wholly at the feet of the bloggers. The larger portion of the blame lies at the feet of the artistes themselves.
      Look at the Sound Sultan example i gave, despite not being Yoruba i searched for the original Obey track and listened to it.

37. Gidi

February 8, 2012 at 1:42 am

I love Omawumi but this rehash of an excellent original seems mediocre at best.
    I think she could have done better.
    She makes pidgin sexy but this effort is not good enough in my opinion.
    seems a lazy effort.

38. Jess Dela

February 8, 2012 at 12:15 pm

omawunmi…i don fall hand at all……very grovvy beat dear

39. soray

February 8, 2012 at 5:25 pm

this song is so original and very african,the dance floor would open any day&time in my stomach with that song called bottom belle…..

40. Juju

February 8, 2012 at 9:42 pm

i love omawunmi’s originality n of course flavour nabania is literally an exceptional FLAVOUR but dis song shaaaaaaaa am not feeling it like dat i actually expected more considering the collabo of two originals but because i love dem both its a slap on the wrist

41. ItsMee

February 9, 2012 at 11:10 am

I totally agree with @Ozioma. I love Omawumi and her voice, but I am also aware that this song was actually done by someone else. Also, Rex Jim lawson is one of my favourite Niger delta artiste.. flavour didnt acknowledge him in that Nwababy song, although he gave credit to Osadebe on the Osundi Owendi song.. Bottom line, give honour to who honour is due.. simple! (Omawumi, Flavour and all others, thanks for bringing these songs out and beautifying them with ur talent, but pls o.. rmbr the originator)..

We love y’all still!

42. Mimi

February 9, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I LOVE this song! I love the sound, and its def not your typical naija highlife song. I will be jamming to this soon as I get it in my iTunes, so, I give it three thumbs up.

43. vivian

February 10, 2012 at 4:26 am

omawumi i love you so much

44. Tobi

February 10, 2012 at 5:57 am

I cant stop playing it.. I love it :))

45. o

February 10, 2012 at 6:06 am

Oh, Omawummi!!! Can u ever do wrong? Nope.

46. Hope Abu

February 16, 2012 at 7:21 am

Omawumi? I can’t stop listening to ur music. love u…

47. rogotigi

February 16, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I love this song…pls wts d meaning of bottom belle btw?

48. pretty me

February 20, 2012 at 4:21 pm

bell bottoms a type of trouser

49. Linda

March 19, 2012 at 1:10 am

@ozioma the truth : well said….u spoke my mind..

50. Ekene

April 4, 2012 at 8:32 am

9ice song, but i hav been serchin 4d original song my whole life! D original is sometin else. Som1 said is Herbert udemba. But d original vocal sounds feminish. Was it reali Herbert? Was there a lady who remixd it after the original? Som1 help me pls

51. Sir Kay

April 21, 2012 at 8:14 am

Hey
    I am new to this blogsite and its Omawumi’s music thats brought me here!! I am not sure I care what influences an artiste’s music as long it rocks and has decent lyrics. I am a fan of Omawumi, and she just has a carefree everyday street style that I connect with. The lads at the office love this track and we have a little joke going on about ‘Adebisi Konga’!!! 🙂 Rock on Omawumi, I dare say!!!!

52. Oma

April 23, 2012 at 10:14 am

all these bad belle pipo will not leave sumborri alone….the girl is TALENTED deal with it,,,,she made the song ORIGINAL in her own right…haha una just wan put sand for person garri….who even said the HERBERT UDEMBA is the original owner of the song…..is there a song or beat which has not been used somewhere before?Abeggi…….SOMEBODY”come and buy me bottom belle kulu my heart eyyy” the song is sooooo ON POINT SHIKENA

53. Kelly esimado

April 28, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Chay i like dis song die see my most intresting pare nah mamuraga

54. CNM

May 6, 2012 at 11:36 pm

What of this guy called Laba Sosseh from Gambia. He did a version of Bottom Belle as well. Which is the oroginal betwwen his version and Herbert Udemba’s? Can anyone enlighten us please? Also, I don’t agree with the meaning of Bottom Belle being ‘bell bottom trousers’. Sounds from listening to the different versions that it might be a sort of drink? Can anyone shed light please? Good effort by Omawumi/Flavour. I agree say dem for try mention the original fathers wey do the song in the past.

55. Kelly esimado

May 10, 2012 at 8:43 am

Abeg i no say omawumi go read dis one see ma name na kelly from delta state warri abeg wen u wun shoot dis music vedio i day ready oh i day dance die i get sum funny moves way go fit dis music i be fan oh jost dat i no fit add u for face book see i day stay port harcurh gra jost tell dem mill 4 my dady get atist shop for d front dixton arts abeg no let me down i really need to aper i want to do if for u as a way to say tank u dis nah ma nuber abeg 08097315774 abeg tank u jost try call even if nah your manager number abeg

56. Amina Abdullahi

July 9, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Bottom belle woow! Dis d best i eva heard. . . . Omawumi gud job.

57. Igwe Glorious

July 11, 2012 at 8:50 pm

I appreciate u and ur God, i love ur songs, d inspiration, d motivations, d encouragement, and d support u and ur songs hav given me. just want to appreciate evrything about u. i wish u ar my “sister” but lets keep going. time will tell. wishing u d best of time

58. Alex

July 30, 2012 at 2:59 am

The song sweet die haters can make like bee with no stingers and drop dead. Who tell u say dem no collect permisson from d owner hmmmm! the way u dey wine am go down down low e dey cool my heart! and by the way the lyrics are diff. So dem no commit any offence..nice song cant be beta. ha ha ha!