Music

RIP Whitney Houston – Pop/R&B Icon Dies at 48

International R&B Icon Whitney Houston has passed away.
While the cause of her death is yet to be ascertained. There is speculation that her decades long battle with drugs played a role in her death.
Whitney was found unconscious at the Beverly Hills Hilton in California. Emergency steps including CPR were taken to revive the singer but sadly she passed away.
RIP Whitney – We’ll always love you.

Nigerian celebrities have been expressing their sadness and sending their tributes to Whitney via social media.
Stephanie Okereke @SOkereke
Awwwwwww A legend is gone. With so much sadness in my heart I say. #RIPWHITNEYHOUSTON

Stella Damasus @stelladamasus
RIP whitney houston. Words cannot explain how sad I feel ✓ now. God knows best. It is well. Whitney houston was the best female vocalist I ever knew. This hurts, it hurts so much. She was the greatest, an inspiration. We will always love you whitney. You are the reason why I started singing. Oh no my heart is so broken. We have lost too many ppl wow! Lord help me stop the tears please. This hurts so bad. Life is a shop.

Kefee Obareki @Kefee1
Rest in Peace Whitney Houston..dis is so sad…

Matse @Matse1
I feel so sad that Whitney Houston has passed on. As far as I am concerned, Bobby killed her. Ladies, marry with your eyes wide open. I don’t mean Bobby physically killed Whitney. From the day he came into her life, he ruined her. #BadAssociationCurruptsUsefulHabits

1. BE

February 12, 2012 at 8:34 am

R.I.P. Still having a hard time processing it

2. babeontop

February 12, 2012 at 9:11 am

Bobby sure killed her…sad…r.i.p Whitney

3. Rhal-trina

February 12, 2012 at 9:20 am

Good night Whitney.God knows best…@Matse…u cant play God. We make wrong choices once in a while

• Debra Fields

February 14, 2012 at 12:56 am

she didnt play god u need to shut up!

4. @_Iyore

February 12, 2012 at 9:31 am

R.I.P Fairy Godmother :/

5. sallyyabeh

February 12, 2012 at 9:33 am

OMG! what a waste. she was the all time best female vocalist. I just loved her songs esp the latest album. RIP Whitney.

6. Babalola Abibat

February 12, 2012 at 10:02 am

RIP whitney Houston… A great loss to ds touched by her songs. Lyf is so short

7. Ester

February 12, 2012 at 10:04 am

RIP Whitney, i love u so much, ur death will not change my love for u, please visit
    http://www.mrs-ca.blogspot.com, for rural and urban news

8. Talubi Abayomi

February 12, 2012 at 10:11 am

RIP whitney Houston…We will miss… We love you but God loves you most.

9. mekhi phifa

February 12, 2012 at 10:45 am

Whitney am still waiting wen u will live d life in ur song I LEARN FROM D BEST. I don’t want believe u will end ds way but God know best…. r.i.p

10. ela

February 12, 2012 at 10:58 am

@babeontop, pls dont say that. RIP Whitney, We Will Always Love You!

11. Pingback: Celebrity-Hub.com

12. iTawa

February 12, 2012 at 11:04 am

OH NO I can’t take this! can’t stop crying either cos the world has lost the greatest singer there ever was… First it was MJ (King of Pop) and now Whitney (Queen of Pop). I feel so sick right now 🙁

Dear Whitney (the voice),
    So emotional…I can’t believe we lost you but God knows best! I pray you find peace now and my heart goes out to Cissy and Bobbi Kristina…there will always be only one Whitney, no other voice will ever come close. R.I.P the Queen of pop and thank your inspirational songs… #myheartisstillaching

13. Adey orla

February 12, 2012 at 11:07 am

It so sad 2 knw one of the best vocalist is gne buh it a tin of joy dat she came,she saw n conquerd.RIP W.H

• LA

February 13, 2012 at 3:55 pm

what did she conquer?

• daniele

February 14, 2012 at 9:27 pm

The music industry.

14. Kimberley

February 12, 2012 at 11:14 am

My thoughts and prayers go out to Whitney and her entire family . You will surly be missed. Rest in Peace .

15. juliet

February 12, 2012 at 11:29 am

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sadddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

16. Gloria Odori

February 12, 2012 at 11:34 am

Rip Whitney Houston. We will forever remember ur sweet voice. God knows d best.

17. Agbalaya mariam

February 12, 2012 at 11:42 am

May her soul rest in peace

18. timma

February 12, 2012 at 11:49 am

RIP,Whitney Houston!!!This is. Reminder that we too will die one day

19. chris nomjov

February 12, 2012 at 11:57 am

Still can’t come to terms with the news…truly the world has lost a songstress whose voice was a soothing balm to the ears…#res in the Lord’s bossom Whittie…

20. feyi

February 12, 2012 at 12:45 pm

so sad. i grew up listen to her.will always love her.

21. chexbarbie

February 12, 2012 at 1:14 pm

To think that i was just repeating her songs last night before i fail asleep,only to wake up this morning to see people on my BBm putting up her pics and writing RIP. very sad. eve of grammy,wondering how the grammy today will be like with people paying tributes to her. May ur soul rest in peace iconic woman.

22. lily

February 12, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Dear Whitney ‘its not right but its okay’.we will always love you.first MJ now you. you were indeed a legend ‘the greatest of all’. words cannot express how i feel. you showed us what music really is….your talent and grace sold millions of records. i only hope that your kids grow to know the great legend and icon that was their mother. in MJ’s words the world is speechless.
    You made ur mark on the world which many people never get to do. My legend, My icon, My idol….may you find peace in d Lord. RIP Whitney….i’ll always love you,its not right but its okay. *still crying*

23. Ezinne Ikechukwu

February 12, 2012 at 2:39 pm

My prayer is that they don’t find drug in her system. It will really hurt me

24. labake

February 12, 2012 at 2:52 pm

A highly talented woman….. Satan used Bobby Brown to destroy her. A lesson for us all. RIP, my best female vocalist ever

• Bolanle

February 13, 2012 at 9:26 am

And you know this how?!?!?!! You was there in the marriage?!?! They each had their own problems i’m sure, don’t use him as a blame because each of them had their own demons in the name of drink and drugs!

25. tosin

February 12, 2012 at 3:24 pm

God bless Matse for dat tweet. Dat was my conclusion wen I heard d news too.he finished dat woman. Now he’s living his life, engaged to some1 else. He cudnt even cancel his show out of respect for her, au wicked! Love is not blind ooh. She was obviously in love, she cudnt move on.RIP Whitney

26. alana cornwall

February 12, 2012 at 3:43 pm

RIP my icon

27. delia

February 12, 2012 at 4:10 pm

oh!!! what a great lost. this world is indeed a stage, u come play ur part n go. RIP SEXY

28. ms pretty

February 12, 2012 at 4:49 pm

while growing up…looking @ her name seem so pure to me, like she shd v being a doctor or something, she was angelic

RIP doll

“I wanna dance with somebody…..”

►♫…♪ I Decided Long Ago, Never To Walk In Anyone’s Shadows
    If I FAIL, If I SUCCEED… At least I Live As I Believe ~
    No Matter What They TAKE From Me…
    They CAN’T Take Away My D=I-=G=N=I=T=Y….♫…♪

• diamond

February 13, 2012 at 8:30 am

i wanna dance somebody…… classic
      she was truly the best

29. vanessa, vanessa

February 12, 2012 at 5:12 pm

i love u so much girl cant believe ur gone…..gonna miss yuh but i will neva fuhget yuh

30. minasek

February 12, 2012 at 5:23 pm

R.I.P WHITNEY AND THANK YOU FOR EVRYTHING. GOD BLESS YOU

31. Enuff said

February 12, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Her daughter was right, Whitney was royalty in the music industry, an Icon is gone but a lesson has been learnt from her death. Regardless the struggles and battles she fought in her personal life, Whitney still remains he queen of our hearts

32. UsaveOne

February 12, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Once again R.I.P Whitney! Please lets respect her, her private life and family. Lets stop speculating who and what killed her for now. May her soul find rest Amen!
    Plz check..

33. stella.m.w.

February 12, 2012 at 6:49 pm

whitney never needed to sell sex or reveal her body to sell her music.she was talented.please beware of drugs,it only steals,kills and destroys +premature death.ive lost two of my favourite idols now to drugs.R.I.P MJ. R.I.P. WHITNEY.ur music lives.

34. Olufemi Oyepitan aka lit2prince

February 12, 2012 at 6:53 pm

RIP WHITNEY……..U’VE PROVED U WERE BORN TO REIGN. Sleep tite my dear! God knows best::::::::::::::::::joooor o!

35. Bunmi

February 12, 2012 at 7:13 pm

thought you never reported deaths? So you skipped out on Sam Loco Efe and rest and touched on Whitney? Issokay. (Hopes comment gets posted too)

36. jennietobbie

February 12, 2012 at 7:53 pm

RIP Whitney. My heart is heavy

37. FASHION POLICE

February 12, 2012 at 8:23 pm

RIP WHITNEY!! GOD HELP US TO LIVE A QUALITY LIFE AND ALWAYS DIRECT THE RIGHT PPLE TO OUR LIVES. ADIEU, I WILL GREATLY MISS YOUR SWEET VOICE.

38. Lynn

February 12, 2012 at 8:32 pm

39. FERAN

February 12, 2012 at 9:15 pm

RIP Whitney! indeed we have lost another legend…..my heart goes out to her mother and daughter.
    As for the whole Bobby Brown issue, I dont think it is right to blame him for her death. She was an adult and made certain choices. I believe we should all be responsible for whatever actions/misactions we take. There is always pressure around to do the wrong thing but at the end of the day, your decision is yours.

40. Wowza

February 12, 2012 at 9:21 pm

What are you all talking about? How could Bobby have killed her when she was the one who introduced him to drugs? Please respect the dead woman but pushing all the blame to Bobby is unjustified in my opinion. RIP Whitney, say hi to MJ for all of us and tell him we miss you both. You both were the greatest in my book and vicious lies and rumors killed you both. You were both angels with good hearts and the best intentions with the most remarkable talent. I hope the vicious media and people learn from this. The pressure they put on you both and their constant wicked hope for failure on both your parts is what killed you both. The tabloid junkies who read all that garbage and are happy to see people fail are also to blame. RIP Whitney and MJ. The greatest to ever do it…

• MizzCJ

February 13, 2012 at 8:06 am

ummmm Bobby introduced HER to drugs! Research before you talk oooooo!

41. amber rose

February 12, 2012 at 9:28 pm

i will always love u, Whitney

42. nike

February 12, 2012 at 9:41 pm

love u Whitney RIP

43. Valerie James

February 12, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Rest in peace Whitney, the world will always
    Love you but, Jesus loves you more. ✨

44. eka

February 12, 2012 at 10:31 pm

my dearest whitney, i will 4eva have u in my heart. rest in peace, my best songstress.
    R.I.P whitney.

45. Worlanyo

February 12, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Rest In Perfect Peace , Whitney.

46. mereal

February 12, 2012 at 11:11 pm

…..I’ve just been speechless since i heard dis…..still speechless….. i fear God d more. RIP Whitney. U still remain d best!

47. jummie

February 13, 2012 at 12:04 am

Such is life, my heart goes to her momma,she gave her best as a mother.may her soul rest in peace. May the good LORD be her Momma’s strent.

48. bisola

February 13, 2012 at 12:13 am

Everyone loves her but GOD luvs her d most pls the family of Huston shoul take heart as it is the wil of God!

49. kittykat

February 13, 2012 at 1:29 am

I cant believe she died, i was just listening to her music not to long ago and now shes dead??? that’s sad…I liked her music since I was little, and ive seen her movie ‘bodyguard’ she’s the greatest of all time and so will MJ…sad they had to pass so soon.

50. Edson

February 13, 2012 at 1:37 am

I will surely miss you, Whitney. May your soul find peace with the Lord. RIP, my diva of songs.

51. Okechukwu Ofili

February 13, 2012 at 2:21 am

so sad.

52. omo

February 13, 2012 at 3:19 am

@Wowza, I tell you vicious lies and rumours did a lot to ruin them. It hurts though, a lot!! I really loved Whitney’s songs and her smile! RIP Whitney, now maybe they will let you rest in peace, MJ and Whitney, two of the greatest, I feel really sad

53. no dignity

February 13, 2012 at 6:57 am

RIP Whitney…..cnt blv ur gone sha..

54. hurt

February 13, 2012 at 7:57 am

in our hearts yu wil neva fade away

55. Ine

February 13, 2012 at 8:24 am

You are the best female vocalist I have ever known and will always remain NO 1. You have been my favorite artiste! and I love you so so much! Oh death! Whitney, Rest in Peace!!! Love You

56. ronnie

February 13, 2012 at 8:57 am

R.I.P Whitney,will miss u nd ur voice sooooooo much.. Adieu.

57. t girl

February 13, 2012 at 8:57 am

Rip

58. Gidi

February 13, 2012 at 9:04 am

Matse is a bit daft.
    Whitney was an adult and should have made decisions on her own. Is there even any concrete proof that Bobby introduced her to drugs?
    No need for all the blame game.
    Are we not tired of this silly blame game between men and women?
    Just own your life and move on.
    We all have reasons to spread the blame.

59. kend®a zuhair

February 13, 2012 at 9:53 am

R.I.P whitney houston. Please read this —-» http://wp.me/p26aiD-9

60. Rip-Whitney-Houston

February 13, 2012 at 10:25 am

Rip Whitney, we will always love You! Here’s our tribute to You :

61. angel falese

February 13, 2012 at 10:35 am

Barely 6hrs before her death I wrote an article about her ‘wows n woes’ titled Symptons of I was once rich Syndrome’ covering stars who had fallen to drugs and hard times, to my greatest shock the beautiful Whitney died. It sure is a lesson to us all to guide our mind and our eyes, follwoing your heart and not your head could lead to destruction. An adage says, show me your friends and I will tell you whom you are!. wide and smoth is the road that leads to destruction and millions go on it daily. My prayer today is that the Lord will guide and guard all our Celebrity stars to stay focused and rooted in Strength and be wise always. We have lost too many people on this road of destruction, Where art thou, Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse, Witney Houston.! May there souls rest in peace. (www.AngelFalese.com)

62. eniola

February 13, 2012 at 10:45 am

this is the saddest have been about any artist, i really do love whitney, grew up listening to her. her songs are amazing, inspiring and uplifting, its soooooooooooooooooooooo sad she’s gone. May her soul rest in peace

63. ty

February 13, 2012 at 10:57 am

she was one of my mentors…i cant even hold back d tears after listening to her songs on BET…especially ‘i wl always love u’….d passion wt which she sang is something i wl surely miss….i hope she died in Christ….

64. Chynadollng

February 13, 2012 at 11:31 am

This may sound harsh…but….
    I disgree that Bobby killed her.
    we are all reponsible for the choices we make and we all fight one “demon” or the other…hers was drugs
    so many people who went thru their “demons” came out the other side shinning e.g Tina Turner, Mary J. Blige and so on..
    She jst wasnt singing her own songs to herself.

Be that as it may…we love you Whitney…sleep well…u’ll surely be missed.Really sad..really really sad

65. Oma

February 13, 2012 at 11:48 am

Soo so sad.
    The most important life and career choice you will ever make is who you marry.
    Rest in peace Angel.
    You will be forever missed

66. temijay joseph adewara

February 13, 2012 at 12:04 pm

it sad when i had about the dead of Whitney Houston i feel so bad and the world has lost a great blues wizard

67. emem

February 13, 2012 at 12:08 pm

My heart goes out to her daughter, Bobbi Kristina, the poor girl is inconsolable…but who wouldnt be with a mother like Whitney?. Despite the whole drug drama, I love her sooooooooooooooo much. miss you a lot already Whitney. rest in peace Great Voice.

68. nelly

February 13, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Rip whitney houston……… Its very painful 2 loose such a singer lyk u bt God knws d best.

69. Nonnie

February 13, 2012 at 12:56 pm

We are responsible for the choices we make in life. Love yourself first before you can claim that you are in love with someone else. RIP Whitney Houston.

70. Whitney

February 13, 2012 at 1:01 pm

RIP Withney Houston.
    How I wish you were playing your songs for yourself. Those Lines were too inspiring for me and they made so much sense but I wish you really listened to those words of yours as you sang along

71. Alex Inwang

February 13, 2012 at 1:14 pm

My heart goes out to this lovelly singer Whitney Houston.May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

72. Debby

February 13, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Whitney my Icon, my legend. i remember growing up, how i followed up in your music, your marriage. i cant forget one of the tabloids of you and bobby brown having issues in your marriage. I wrote a letter to the address I found in one of the lyrics book by Hip hop magazine at the time, telling you to hold on to your marriage. I couldnt deliver the letter but I knew I loved u so much that i always hope to meet the great Diva, whitney Houston. I have not come to terms that you are really gone. it was like a slap on my face when I saw the news on my friend’s dp.
    So sad, no words to express how sad to truely know that you are gone, wished it wasnt true. God knows best. RIP Whitney

73. Ibilola

February 13, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Its really sad. But I am a bit concerned about her daughter. She is 18 and already a druggie. I really pray that the Lord will surround her with strenght, purpose and vision so she make something good of her life.

• Debra Fields

February 14, 2012 at 1:06 am

quit believing everthing u hear u have no right to judge her daughter did u see her do drugs.are u perfect? some people need to keep their negative comments to themselves.

74. Purpleicious Babe

February 13, 2012 at 5:56 pm

hmmmmmmm……. the world will still move ON…. not fazed by death OR the idea of it but what bugs me is I swear people make it seems it sad when people die?? WHY? (well some people make it sad )

Its normal its part of life, pls lets celebrate her achievements jor and stop being sad.. sad is when people have not eaten all day and go to bed feeling hungry and die with hunger/someone was raped and contacted aids etc those are sad/someone got home and the house went in flames etc.. Clearly, Whitney accessed a great shelter and NO the world has not lost a legend, her name will forever be in the History so I don’t get how she is lost…. she has made her mark and my concerns are for the family..

Its funny I don’t get tinywiny emotional about celebrities dying most esp when I know nothing about their personal life. Although, I respect her a lot and I do pray for her, I cant help thinking this world and its hypocrite.. u die today we will mourn for you, the next minute we move on to our own issues and problems and people do not recall the mourning stage any more it becomes history(so what the point)..

Anyhoo, mourning is good/grieving is healthy… but life still goes on.

Whitney, a toast to the good life u lived and to the beautiful moments you enjoyed… I am not going to lie when u were on drugs in my mind (i forgot u were living). When u got cleaned I was happy for u to get back on track. Mistakes where made, bad decisions were made that led to consequences but its cool because you made a MARK through your music and fought your demons. I am not sad for you, am happy because you have moved on and its what it is..

My thoughts are with your family and friends and may this time be a discovery and healing time for them..

Do I sound insensitive, I guess I am, its normal death is inevitable it would have happened earlier and it did not , she got a 2nd chance to prove herself and I tell u most pple do not get that(trust when I say its cool, mehn am happy for her ohh she will forever remain in history until rapture sha)…

Bite me ohh… my mental state is different so right about now, am cool with the whole idea.

Pls lets spend time praying for people we know and do not know NOW when they are alive not when they are GONE..

BN u berra publish my comment. Thank u..

75. Purpleicious Babe

February 13, 2012 at 6:20 pm

One more thing, she will make millions and millions from her song published so am not sad lia lia….. I pray people actually use a life as a point of learning process and make the positive changes NOW… instead of the negatives consequences waiting round the corner…

Jesus is knocking ohh….. well have fun receiving him. happy smiles

76. gary

February 13, 2012 at 9:08 pm

WHITNEYS A LEGEND ! this is to all on here who are a little sad at the moment , whitney
    hasnt gone shes watching over us all now and always , what a lady of music she was !

A true icon to all who love music ! look at all the wounderful songs shes left us all to listen to !
    yes her life was short , but what she did in that time was amazing !

A TRUE POP SINGER WHO WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN !

77. nancy

February 14, 2012 at 12:17 am

i luv u whitneys u av always inspired me and will always do, rest in peace u will always b wit us.

78. cheap car insurance online

February 14, 2012 at 9:30 am

This really is the proper blog for anybody who wants to locate out about this subject. You comprehend so a lot its virtually tough to argue with you (not that I truly would want…HaHa). You definitely put a brand new spin on a subject thats been written about for years. Excellent stuff, just fantastic!

79. Habeey

February 14, 2012 at 3:34 pm

I am sad, words can not express what or how i feel, i can’nt stop singing ur songs, my heart broken, may God give cissy and Kristina d fortitude to bear the lost. You will always live in my memory. Goodbye Withney.

80. Habeey

February 14, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I WILL ALWAYS LUV YOU! ! !

81. floydkenon

February 14, 2012 at 3:45 pm

love you whitney houston

82. Mike

February 14, 2012 at 9:15 pm

This woman was only an entertainer, not like she was some body who saved America! It’s amazing all the tearjerkers!

83. ytd

February 18, 2012 at 8:26 pm

A toast to your life WHITNEY. We all have our private struggles. Hers was just publicised. Only God knows best. Thank you whitney for sharing your incredible gift with the world. RIP

84. laquita

February 19, 2012 at 9:16 pm

rest in peace whitney gone but never forgotten feel like i lost a aunt

85. kemi ajewole

March 19, 2012 at 11:18 am

i’ll always love u my role model. Miss u.