Events

More Retail Therapy in Lagos! Photos from the Launch of Tosin Obasa’s Ebony Berry fashion retail store in Lekki

Ex-Model Tosin “Ebony” Obasa has just launched her first retail store – “Ebony Berry

According to Tosin, the “Ebony Berry” woman is a chic professional who loves to express herself via her style. Tosin tells BN that she quit her banking career in 2011 to begin developing  her longstanding passion for fashion into a business venture. Though she points out that her experience as a model, MBA, banking experience and even her first degree in microbiology played a vital role in the creation of her line and retail outlet.

All Ebony Berry pieces are designed by Tosin and produced in Europe. Check out photos from the event including the designer/entrepreneur rocking a ruched black mini dress from her label.

Ebony Berry
37, Adebayo Doherty Street (Road 14),
Opposite Brus View Hotel,
Lekki Phase 1,
Lagos

1. Miss thing

July 13, 2012 at 1:12 pm

This is poor marketing were are the pictures of the clothes or models modeling the clothes it’s a fashion retail store all we see are pictures of guests. Tosin I know u, u have always had great style but u are marketing ur products not ur friends/guests.

2. Evann

July 13, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Ok…………….what’s with the orange handfan????????

3. Miss Kay

July 13, 2012 at 2:01 pm

…whats with the EYEBROWS???

4. fokasibe

July 13, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Very weak!!

5. Kofo

July 13, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Where r the cloths?

6. Adanna

July 13, 2012 at 2:33 pm

If there’s anything I’ve learnt in my years as a business student, it is that the name of your business is not only its brand but also its selling point. What the heck is “Ebony berry”? Naming the store “ebony” or “berry” sef would have been a much better options. Nigerians and trying to be ‘cute’ sha! God help us…

7. NICKY

July 13, 2012 at 2:38 pm

rightly put @ miss thing.what are u marketing?ur friends/invitees or ur pieces which are designed by you(Tosin) and produced in Europe?
    u ve got to attend some marketing classes

8. didikan

July 13, 2012 at 2:39 pm

are the guests for sale?

• Dr Deola

July 14, 2012 at 11:46 am

I wonder!

9. Lilly

July 13, 2012 at 2:49 pm

she didn’t want to go for the obvious ‘black berry’, so she picked ‘ebony berry’…lol… what a razz play of words

10. Chattyzee

July 13, 2012 at 3:01 pm

I’ve never really understood the concepts behind things like this. If you walk into shoprite you get 2 advantages: no need to get all dressed up and cheaper prices…
    + Eniola D’Ana Oni – I see you o. nice dress

• Miss T

July 13, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Chatty very funny comment but the TRUTH.

11. Tobechidaniel

July 13, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I would use the word “model” very loosely. Is everything a red carpet even in Nigeria? The term has been bastardized. Where are the fashion pieces? Where is the picture of the store? So many questions..with little to no answers. Not a good showing.

12. christy

July 13, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Is she dis tall,or the shoes??luv her height dou,the guest model d cloth I guess

13. MsSexy

July 13, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Haba una no try o, not even a pix of d shop or items for sale, abi na trunk-office biz?

14. Nettalouis

July 13, 2012 at 3:55 pm

All ppl do is sit and critize.lets see what you got

• ABCOG

July 13, 2012 at 5:12 pm

But we can’t see what this lady has got, that’s the problem. One would have thought this is a perfect avenue to market… I look at the pics, then go to the next topic instead of jotting down the address and thinking ‘I must pop by’. Pointless much, no?

My other question would be ‘If they are made in the UK, how does she intend to keep her costs down?’

15. Janded

July 13, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Judging from what she is wearing, she should re-think her “passion for fashion”

• omoibo

July 13, 2012 at 9:15 pm

LMAO! More reason why, she’s an EX-model…………

16. kendra zuhair

July 13, 2012 at 4:10 pm

@janded… You r soooo right! Looks like a topshop reject to me! Plus where are the clothes? Cos if what she’s wearing is d only sneak peek we get of d collection… BIG SHAME!

17. fromdoverseas

July 13, 2012 at 4:46 pm

lol! Bonééé I see you :p

18. @ajiriavae

July 13, 2012 at 5:00 pm

I think this is just the red carpet pictures. Maybe the photos of the store are going to be published later. lol.

19. nwamara

July 13, 2012 at 6:08 pm

LOL.The ‘Brand ‘name-Too tacky its nt even cute.If her ensemble is part of d collection I don’t want 2 see it!N BN plz dis is a huge misnomer u guyz shd hv stopped at red carpet photos so we don’t expect too much…N 4 goodness sake some 1 shd hv taken dat fan away from her she was brandishing d fan like a weapon in all her photos but if its her ‘signature’ look accept my apologies o.

20. kc

July 13, 2012 at 9:16 pm

@EVAN- Go read about handfans. better than using paper to fan yourself after been all dressed up. The red or orange colour fan added glam to her outfit, take a second look! she has dark coloured shoes (with silver blings) and dress on.

21. Miss T

July 13, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Well said Chatty.Am confused tooo o. I dont see any samples.Are all the guests wearing her designs? EBONY BERRY KO BLACKBERRY NI? Haba. Am not dissing but that name isnt appropriate for a clothing outfit. That aside Eniola, I c u.NICE.

22. udoka jane

July 13, 2012 at 10:10 pm

lol

23. Nk

July 13, 2012 at 11:12 pm

@ Kc….. U sabi explain sha! 😉
    They should have atleast show us the clothes!
    love the first two guest pics,* nice n classy*

24. Amber

July 13, 2012 at 11:22 pm

I like the girl in black dress in that second picture.i mean she looks simple….no homo o

25. MEE

July 14, 2012 at 12:19 am

Hmmmmmmm! Blinks eyelids plenty times n whistles away

26. asspen

July 14, 2012 at 2:21 am

The young lady has achieved something . Why r nigerians soooo terrble.? U dnt have to buy her clothes,but keep ur horrible tongues haba! We go see wetin una go achieve for life

27. Rhoda

July 14, 2012 at 11:05 am

@assen, your opinion and observation stinks to say the least. She has achieved something yes but cant showcase it? puhleez. I agree with comments about marketing the guests and not the actual products….to many unchecked errors!

28. Lady G

July 14, 2012 at 11:08 am

Nice

29. HappyChiq

July 14, 2012 at 11:46 am

Nigerians! Are the guest wearing her clothes? I am sure this babe must have paid bellanaija some handsome amount of money to cover this event which by the way is some sort of advertising and yet none of her clothes are being displayed??? I sha hope there is a plan to show us later oh! because if it by what the designer abi owner is wearing, she’s on a long thing!

I love some of the guest looks…simple and fab!

30. juliet- puffinsposh

July 14, 2012 at 2:20 pm

So only 20 pple attended dis event????

31. sans

July 14, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Rome wasn’t built in a day,everything might not be right now but am sure she ll get there,u guys give her a break!!!

32. fiona

July 14, 2012 at 3:20 pm

all these retail stores, do people shop there at all?

33. lee

July 14, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Quite interesting that a lot of people are incapable of providing constructive critisms. Little wonder the nation is where it is. What stops people from just making suggestions? Entrepreneurs learn from mistakes and thats how they get better. So if mistakes have been made I suggest the young lady checks them out and come out with a bang next time

34. lasgidi

July 14, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Wonderful….Is it just me or every week there is a new fashion store opening in Lagos? As fiona said I hope peeps are buying stuff so these businesses can stay profitable or at the very least break even…Lx

35. Gimmer

July 14, 2012 at 9:10 pm

everything red carpet…my sister’s naming ceremony too shall have a red carpet too ijn…somebori shout harreruyahhhh!

• Kemisola

July 16, 2012 at 8:24 am

HALLELUYAHHHHH

• Gimmer

July 17, 2012 at 5:54 pm

lmao

36. Aduke.L

July 14, 2012 at 9:19 pm

All i see here is this very classy n ladylike look. Super stunning n such a beautiful dress!! I Luvvv ———->http://cdn.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Ebony-Berry-Store-Launch-July-2012-BellaNaija-005.jpg

37. Chika

July 15, 2012 at 12:18 am

Interestingly,this store is on my street and I accidentally found myself in it on my way to d salon.the truth is;she has very lovely things!and I couldn’t help but buy her dresses.i rock them to work and parties (as the case may be)and my colleagues and friends love them.some are now are customers cos her prices r also very reasonable.I am kinda shocked these are the pics day cld get from d opening of dt lovely store.

38. Adaku

July 15, 2012 at 9:20 am

OMG!Is this dsame Tosin I see around and admire?oh no!d photographer must be wicked.she has great style with very good [email protected] Chika,I know babes that go all d way from ikeja to shop @ her store also.I am waiting for ds mth’s salary then I would go too.guys I think this was a mistake.

39. cynthia

July 15, 2012 at 9:42 am

I bet these were personal pics taken by her photograher,poor marketing strategy!pls let’s see pics of the store, dresses and models.*smh*

40. pink berry lol

July 16, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Show of. No depth. Pls repost your work.

41. jules

July 16, 2012 at 1:34 pm

True, where is the pixz of her store n her own design/cloth…cos i can see some people wearing PRIMARK cloth dere… am confuse, taught i was goin to see her own cloth, since its said above, that she designed them and produce them in europe..??????

42. pynk

July 18, 2012 at 8:26 am

sorry but i am confused, what is she selling?

43. tee

July 31, 2012 at 10:13 pm

blackberry!!!!!!!! Lol

44. Adetoro martins

September 5, 2012 at 12:55 am

Nettalouis……hmmm. I can bet that reply isn’t from nettalouis. The nettalouis I know doesn’t say much more or less blog. I wont be shocked if the reply is from the ebony berry girl.
    Anyway girl take corrections… Nobody means any harm here. Showing ur store should ve been the first pic u would ‘ve posted. Abi are you marketing the girl ni.
    Smhhhh

45. EB Fan

September 17, 2012 at 2:07 pm

I’m not surprised peeps are on here taking the poor girl apart. We agree pictures of the store would have been nice, but truth be known the girl has cute things in her store. I’m wearing my dress here in London and girls keep stopping me to ask where I bought it from. The bottom line is this – name of the store/clothing line doesn’t really matter, pictures on here may not be great, but doesn’t really matter – the matter is you now know there is a new ladies boutique in Lekki 1 called Ebony Berry and she sells cute stuff at affordable prices. Your loss if you don’t visit. Enuff said.