News

After her Inspiring DNC Speech, Watch Michelle Obama’s New Interview with Lola Ogunnaike on BET Tonight

BellaNaija.com

United States of America First Lady, Michelle Obama‘s speech last night at the Democratic National Convention is still generating major buzz.
Her eloquent speech was inspiring and timely! Women and men all over the world can definitely relate to the speech – hardwork, determination, conviction, values and family were the major themes covered.

Nigerian-American journalist Lola Ogunnaike scooped another exclusive interview with Michelle Obama and it will air tonight on BET News in the United States.
Please check your local listings for timing in your area!

We are so proud of Lola! She and Michelle are definitely major sources of inspiration!

In case you missed it, you can watch Michelle Obama’s DNC 2012 speech below

Photo Credit: Photo by Fernando Leon/PictureGroup

1. Okechukwu Ofili

September 5, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Loved her speech! My fav part was:

We learned about dignity and decency – that how hard you work matters more than how much you make…that helping others means more than just getting ahead yourself.

We learned about honesty and integrity – that the truth matters…that you don’t take shortcuts or play by your own set of rules…and success doesn’t count unless you earn it fair and square.

We learned about gratitude and humility – that so many people had a hand in our success, from the teachers who inspired us to the janitors who kept our school clean…and we were taught to value everyone’s contribution and treat everyone with respect.

Those are the values Barack and I – and so many of you – are trying to pass on to our own children.That’s who we are.

~Michelle Obama

• Bisqo

September 5, 2012 at 11:21 pm

GBAM!

• Anony

September 6, 2012 at 7:02 am

Nice. I think the part I liked, was, “when you get to the top, you don’t shut the door.You reach out and open it for other people coming behind you.” Was very moving.

• chike

September 6, 2012 at 10:20 am

the first paragraph got me and it made me think, Nigeria, when shall we get there….

2. Amber

September 5, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Well,nothing new from what was said 2008,a lot of people are angry at Obama’s leadership.people will end up voting for him just cos a lot don’t like Romney guy.just that.
    I can see Aunty Michelle like showing her muscle a lot

• Mz Socially Awkward...

September 6, 2012 at 1:45 pm

“Aunty” to you, “Fab Michelle O” to others. She’s got a toned body, I’d also flaunt my hotness if I was on point like that after 2 kids…

3. huh?

September 5, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Pls no one should compare her with our own,hate insult

4. TALover

September 5, 2012 at 10:54 pm

I love the first lady! Most compelling speech ever!! #winningwoman

5. Lynn

September 5, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Ofili you just took the words outta my mouth. In addition to my faves is: Success is not about the amount of money you make but about the difference you make in people’s lives.

Inspiring

6. molarah

September 5, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Wow, all the buzz about what? Nice, inspiring speech, but coming in the middle of a political campaign I can only take it to be just what it is – politically-inspired sweet talk. Hey, our first ladies here do it too.

She’s supposed to make her husband look good anyway – was anyone expecting her to do otherwise? *puzzled face*

• hellcat

September 6, 2012 at 11:55 am

Easy for you to say, maybe you haven’t heard our Dame Patience Goodluck speak, that’s why you are taking this speech for granted..lol

• ALLEN

September 6, 2012 at 4:19 pm

WELL SAID…. GBAM!

7. moi

September 5, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Loved her speech too, my fav part was “We were so young, so in love and so indebt” hahahaha so funny!!! #truelove

8. NNENNE

September 5, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Those were the same values that I was raised with. I loved every moment of her speech.

9. sensible

September 5, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Wow! Barack Obama just won the 2012 election! home boy just hit home run! Infact the guy struck gold with this kinda wife!! This is the kinda wife that men should aspire to marry! Classy, smart, wise, confident, endearing, intellectual and eloquent… Not all them brazilian fixing, blackberry pinging, waka about chics who won’t stay on campus to learn that are now everywhere…Me, I’m gonna be single until I meet my Naija “Michelle Obama”.

• Raytheon

September 7, 2012 at 10:58 am

KPOM! Wow you nailed it with this your speech too. perhaps cos you are sensible like your name literally says? Truth though is that most men are too intimidated to step up to a woman like Michelle. The male ego is strange like that, pls don’t ask me why, lol. See women like Michelle are assets in a relationship and only men who view relationships as an equal partnership (joint venture) will value such an asset. A man who views a spouse as someone who “must” submit to them and kiss their ring early in the morning with yam and eggs waiting for them on the table before the man brushes his teeth, will never see the likes of Michelle as an asset but rather as a threat. again, the male ego is still being researched at Stanford and Yale…and its’ turning out to be the most obscure mysteries to be deciphered…lol

10. Blackknight

September 6, 2012 at 12:12 am

Success isn’t about how much money you make, it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives. ‘ Barack Obama’.

11. Joan

September 6, 2012 at 12:12 am

I could replay this speech over and over again, gosh! I hope everyone who can vote does go out on election day and make it happen!!! God Bless The USA!!! 🙂

12. Blackknight

September 6, 2012 at 12:20 am

‘Being President doesn’t change who you are, it reveals who you are’
    ~ Michelle Obama.

13. zerovacancygal

September 6, 2012 at 12:21 am

She spoke from the heart …….. how can anyone turn a deaf ear to that

Two powerful statements that resonated with me as with many others across the great nation of USA are

– Being president doesn’t change who you are , it reveals who you are.
    – At the end of the day, my most important title is mom-in-chief…..

Ogazby, many a great speech have been spoken, but in reality few have hit the hearts of people across different continents, prompting them to JOIN the crusade 4 more years, 4 more years, America deserves 4 more years with OBAMA as president.

14. konnie

September 6, 2012 at 1:57 am

Love you Michelle. You make us proud.

15. Iyke

September 6, 2012 at 2:23 am

Nice Speech.However,I still prefer the First lady and Perm Sec Bayelsa state, Dame Patience Goodluck Jonathan’s speech at the PDP Convention.

• Msunderstood

September 6, 2012 at 3:52 am

@ Iyke u are a trouble maker ,LOL. AC no be fan now.

• onut

September 6, 2012 at 4:38 am

Joker

• AnONYMouS

September 6, 2012 at 5:24 am

If na joke, biko stop am…Lol

16. Truth be told

September 6, 2012 at 5:01 am

Of course her speech was great. She’s a lawyer and they have great oratory skills. Anything short of that wouldn’t have been worthy.

The speech was definitely emotional but in the end the question is, na speech we go chop? Just a food for thought. Not saying I endorse Obama or Romney but regardless of speeches, people should vote with their heads first then their hearts

17. ifeyinwa

September 6, 2012 at 11:09 am

@sensible your speech hit me on the home run well said and very funny but true

18. peace

September 6, 2012 at 12:12 pm

cheerful……
    a virtue woman indeed!
    @sensible ur right bt some of us are stl keepin our heads straight n high…

19. Mz Socially Awkward...

September 6, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Even if she didn’t write the speech herself, her delivery is top-class and she’s answered a lot of people’s questions. Barak’s lucky to have you, Mrs. O.

20. Southernbelle

September 6, 2012 at 3:08 pm

LOL @ iyke… Michelle is too much o! In a woman like her u can see substance!!!

21. Onakachi

September 7, 2012 at 2:20 am

First Lady Michelle Obama’s speech gave me goosebumps. Nice to see Lola Ogunnaike still in the game. I loved reading her articles in Vibe magazine and always look out for her articles in magazines that feature her articles.

22. gimmer

September 7, 2012 at 10:49 am

perhaps i’m the only one tired of the Obama’s capitalizing on “cool factor” to wow folks. not moved an inch..No doubt they are both outstandingly smart couple but then what?

23. Toyin

September 7, 2012 at 9:55 pm

I love aunty Michelle. Her speech was phenomenal, and did a great job connecting with us. People saying, what’s the big deal, it’s not easy doing something like. Did anybody watch the Republican convention, and you will what the big deal is. so let’s give credit where it’s due. Although, the economy is bad but I believe Obama will do something about it in his second term. He seems like he’s really trying hard, which is what is the most important. We can’t compare to a country like Nigeria, none of these people are putting in any hard effort. OBAMA 2012.