Music

Hear Tosyn Bucknor teach Kelly Rowland how to Speak Yoruba – Watch!

Tosyn Bucknor - BellaNaija - February - 2014

Who knew Yoruba could sound so sweet when Kelly Rowland says it?

Nigerian on air personality Tosyn Bucknor taught the former Destiny’s Child band mate how to say “I am happy” in Yoruba on Top Radio 90.9‘s “Top Of The Morning With Tosyn Bucknor”

Kelly dished on her  must ­have fashion accessory, her biggest fear, and advice for girls who may want to know if the partner they are currently with is ‘the one’.

Check on it!

1. Tee

February 19, 2014 at 11:36 am

Yoruba is easy,wonder y most slangs in naija is in yoruba.Advica kwa”heard it all before”telling me this telling that,I love that song

2. D' Buu

February 19, 2014 at 12:51 pm

And y is Tosyn Blushing all through the interview???smh

• jane

February 19, 2014 at 7:28 pm

let her blush o lol… its not everyday you get to see kelly rowland, talk less of having conversation with her. Tosyn is lucky!

3. Judge me not

February 19, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Why are you shaking your head

4. e-bukun

February 19, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Why is she always “wondering”? Just ask the question straight up….oh lawd!

5. anonymous

February 19, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Watching this interview made me cringe all through for Tosin. Her accent, her questions, it was just awkward.

6. Jay

February 19, 2014 at 10:04 pm

I think it was a nice interview…. We need to be more positive with our comments. Let your words be seasoned, let it be words that would empower others not pull them down. “It feels good to make another person feel good” it’s just refreshing. Try it… Go Tosyn!!!!

• e-bukun

February 20, 2014 at 12:14 am

I agree. And with that I’ll revise my statement.

How nice Tosyn that you got to interview Kelly R during her time in Nigeria. It was not a bad interview, but it can be improved. I really like your “laid-back” approach, but maybe it’s not the most appropriate to begin each question with “I was wondering”. It is an interview so a more straight up approach would be good, don’t you think? And in the future maybe include 1 or 2 questions you think the public would really like to hear the answers to.

How’s that for constructive criticism? And positive and empowering, notice the acknowledgement of what she did in there too. 🙂

7. FAR

February 19, 2014 at 11:33 pm

Well Done Tosyn. Makes me miss my days on Radio. Keep it Real!! PS, Kelly is sooooo pretty!!
    iamfar.com

8. Ohmine

February 20, 2014 at 1:06 am

Go Tosyn!!! nice interview 🙂

9. Diya

February 20, 2014 at 2:09 am

Tosyn’s skin is beautiful.

10. Afo

March 3, 2014 at 8:07 am

That was actually a well researched interview. I loved when she asked about her biggest fear. Nice one Tosyn, always blazing a trail! And you go girl with that smile of yours

11. Funke BUCKNOR OBRUTHE