News

Oscar Pistorious’ Dead Girlfriend was Reportedly “Scared” of Him

Oscar Pistorious - Bella Naija

The murder trial of Oscar Pistorious continues to get more controversial as each day goes by.

The latest controversy surrounding the trial, is the recently revealed WhatsApp messages, in which Reeva Steenkamp told Oscar Pistorious that she was scared of him.

Three weeks before her death, Steenkamp told Pistorius that she was afraid of him and his temper. Below are some excerpts of the messages she sent him:

“I’m scared of you sometimes, of how you snap at me”

“You have picked on me incessantly,” she wrote, calling Pistorius “nasty” after he apparently accused her of flirting with someone at a party.

“I was not flirting with anyone today and I feel sick that you suggested that.

“You do everything to throw tantrums,” she said, concluding the message: “I’m certainly very unhappy and sad.”

Reports also state that less than a week before he killed her, she had also sent him messages, complaining about the aggressive manner in which he lost his temper at a public event.

“I didn’t think you would criticize me for doing that, especially so loudly that others could hear…. I regard myself as a lady and I didn’t feel like one after we left,” she said.

Pistorious killed Steenkamp on February 14, 2013 because he allegedly thought she was an intruder, and shot her in self-defense. He has pleaded not guilty to the murder.

CNN.COM reported this story first.

Photo Credit: afkinsider.com

1. I really like Os, there’s just so much evidence against him. Sigh.

2. Miss_Flygerian

March 24, 2014 at 6:14 pm

So much evidence against him. I don’t see the chances of him walking without punishment.

3. darkchildlovethyhair

March 24, 2014 at 6:28 pm

* deliberately I mean

4. darkchildlovethyhair

March 24, 2014 at 6:29 pm

I meant to say he killed her deliberately

5. Jack Meoff

March 24, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Actually, Reeva’s text message said “I am afraid of you and your temper, so I am going to hide your feet, Stumpy!”

• Aibee

March 25, 2014 at 8:56 am

Really? Please what’s the source of your quote?

6. Bar 2

March 24, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Pls we should take a cue from this and leave abusive relationships least we die for it. If a man scares you and puts you down in front of people he might as well do something drastic at a time when passion is heated please. There is just so much God wants to deliver to us and through us.

7. Amh

March 24, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Well planned and executed murder. Wonder why she continued to see him . Untill shes killed.

8. @edDREAMZ

March 24, 2014 at 10:10 pm

30yrs death sentence should not pass this man by….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

9. Angel

March 24, 2014 at 11:02 pm

He killed her, the evidence is overwhelming, his own side of the story doesn’t add up…
    Women and what they go thru in the name of love, mtcheeeew, May her soul rest in peace..

10. chum chum

March 25, 2014 at 12:10 am

I won’t why this case is taking this long. They should jail this man already.

11. Stephanie

March 25, 2014 at 9:46 am

Am still wondering wot d story behind dis guy. I always c d post, but don’t seem to understand….
    blogsvila.blogspot.com

12. Opeyemi

March 25, 2014 at 5:54 pm

Amen @may her soul rest in peace…

13. Sheila Jordan

March 25, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Shame. Poor Reeva. Oscar sounds a bit deranged. He lacks total confidence in himself and cud not believe he was capable of dating such a beautiful woman. Of course he killed her on purpose coz psychologically he thinks he falls short of what is xpected of a red-bloodied male. So he acted macho wth guns and was over possessive. The pschology behind it is simple. I also kinda feel sry fr him cz he was driven to act normal bt he is a vry angry man who has not embraced his disability as far as relations wth women go. So he acts out to make himself felt. Big shame!

14. Eve82

March 26, 2014 at 8:02 am

I was hoping that Oscar was innocent, and believed his story. But these text messages say a lot! They are not something you can just brush away. May the soul of Reeva RIP!

15. Neila

May 5, 2014 at 6:26 pm

PREMEDITATED MURDER, HE SHOULD GO TO JAIL FOR LIFE. OSCAR PISTORIOUS KILLED REEVA DELIBERATELY, HE DESERVES LIFE IN PRISON. WITHOUT REVIEW EVER. HE MUST DO HIS LIFE SENTENCE TO THE END. HE SENTENCED REEVA DO DEATH, PRISON FOR HIM.

16. Neila

May 5, 2014 at 6:28 pm

THE ABOVE IS MY OPINION

17. Neila

May 5, 2014 at 6:47 pm

IN MY OPINION, OSCAR PISTORIOUS IS A LIAR, WHO WOULD USE ANY AND ALL WAYS NOT TO GO TO PRISON, ALL THE VOMINTING AND TEARS ARE BECAUSE HE DOES NOT WANT TO PAY FOR PREMEDITATING AND MURDERING REEVA.