Events

D’banj Sounds off on Violence, Pays Hospital Bills of Nyanya Victims

BellaNaija.com

D'banj & Nyanya Bombing Victim - April 2014 - BellaNaija.com

Nigerian music star D’banj yesterday Tuesday 22nd April 2014, visited victims of the Nyanya bomb explosion in Abuja.

Bangalee went to the Asokoro District Hospital, Abuja, with the FCT Health Secretary Dr Ademola Onakomaiya.

Speaking to reporters, he said “I am a Nigerian and I am affected by any tragedy that befalls us and particularly in the spirit of Easter, I came to show the victims support.

I have seen that the survivors are responding positively to treatment and thanked the medical team here for the efforts.

We are appealing to the perpetrators of these acts to have a rethink and support the peace initiative so that our people would not be subjected to such wickedness.”

D”banj also gave gifts to the victims and paid some hospital bills.

With reports that D’banj paid hospital bills for the victims, does this mean the government isn’t paying the fees of those affected?

Credit: News Agency of Nigeria

1. corolla

April 23, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Atta boy!

2. LotusFlower

April 23, 2014 at 12:26 pm

They mean he’s paying the hospital bills of the government because the government was said to be paying the bills. Which is it?
    Dbanj, should not be paying anything. Let the government pay it.

3. UCHE

April 23, 2014 at 12:54 pm

the government should take responsibility of the affected victims nt Dbanj after all is a national issue. abeg Dbanj should stop paying if really he is actually paying.

4. Tetley

April 23, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Dbanj is an agent of GEJ administration, so what do you expect?

5. Mz Socially Awkward...

April 23, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Awwww, Dapo. God bless you.

If the conjecture about the Nigerian government not paying the victims’ hospital bills is true… let me hold off from saying more until that’s been confirmed.

6. Omo1

April 23, 2014 at 1:09 pm

The same question that came to my mind. Didn’t Jonathan declare that the government was going to offset the bills???? I won’t be surprised!

7. chiez

April 23, 2014 at 5:07 pm

New found respect… I c u, dbanjo

8. Purpleicious Babe

April 23, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Smh @govt. Cant believe BN asked the qs isnt the govt paying?
    Everything that had to do with National issue when ever did govt pay?
    Kia.. Everything falls down to good Samaritans…

9. Tai baby

April 24, 2014 at 12:12 am

I feel everyone is entitled to contribute their quota. We all can’t wait for the government to solve our problems. Let everyone rise up in their own way to support victims.

10. Keep Calm or Fight Back?

April 24, 2014 at 5:55 am

OMG, this is the first time I’m viewing images of the victims. What is Nigeria going to do about this situation? Are Nigerians going to be forced to live in fear?

11. Ann