News

Genevieve Nnaji’s Chic Style at the 2014 AY Live Show

BellaNaija.com

Genevieve Nnaji - BN Style - April 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01

Genevieve Nnaji was one of the many guests present at the AY Live: Happiness Edition which took place on Sunday 20th April 2014 at the Eko Hotel & Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos.

The Nollywood actress arrived on the yellow carpet looking chic in a Catherine Malandrino for DesignNation print shirt dress.

Changing her hairstyle from fringe to braids, the “Half of a Yellow Sun” actress, with the help of her stylist Veronica Ebie-Odeka of Vane Style, rocked some glam accessories.

She opted for diamond stud earrings, a two-tone Rolex watch, a “Boy” Chanel flap bag with PVC and calfskin,  and a pair of Christian Louboutin “Athena Alta” heels.

Her look was completed with red lipstick.

Genevieve Nnaji - BN Style - April 2014 - BellaNaija.com 02 Genevieve Nnaji - BN Style - April 2014 - BellaNaija.com 03 Genevieve Nnaji - BN Style - April 2014 - BellaNaija.com 04 Genevieve Nnaji - BN Style - April 2014 - BellaNaija.com 05

Genny’s Look

Catherine

Catherine Malandrino for DesignNation

Christian Louboutin "Athena Atlas"

Christian Louboutin “Athena Alta”

Chanel "Boy" Flap Calfskin Bag. Genny's Version is Limited

Chanel “Boy” Flap Calfskin Bag. Genny’s Version is Limited

Photo Credit: Insigna Media

1. Deevah

April 21, 2014 at 5:45 pm

I ain’t mad at you, mama! Get it… You hot!!!

2. Cheliz

April 21, 2014 at 5:59 pm

Genny always got style. see my ‘no-carb’ diet plan for weight loss here chelizrubycube.blogspot.com

3. asgrl

April 21, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Chic and everything is on point until you get to the shoes. It looks painful and maybe not long enough in length. If it is and the toes are just slipping forward (Hate open toed shoes for that), get toe grips…

4. Genny

April 21, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Simple yet classy.

5. nene

April 21, 2014 at 8:13 pm

the last time i saw her in braids was in movie about 11 years ago. not a fan of that dress. she’s looking more like her mum everyday, but still has her dad’s lips.

6. Cestmonde

April 21, 2014 at 8:47 pm

She looks uncomfortable in those shoes.

7. Serendipity

April 21, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Oh my Genny, braids do suit u so!

8. Florence

April 22, 2014 at 2:22 am

She looks so young with this hair. I luv it on her. And she has such an infectious smile.

9. James

April 22, 2014 at 4:44 am

Genevieve Nnaji, so beautiful!!

10. MOM

April 22, 2014 at 9:33 am

Honestly i love d breads for a change, what got me attracted to genny years back was her low cut and her body. she was a little bit chubby and in dat low cut was very hot and sweet. she luks gud here but genny pls take us a bit back. rock it girl.

11. MOM

April 22, 2014 at 9:33 am

ohhh braids i mean

12. Free Mind

April 22, 2014 at 9:38 am

hmmm… no one seems to see it coz it’s Genny. She is getting lighter

13. Emem

April 22, 2014 at 11:11 am

I loveeee the braids, can anyone tell me where to get braids like this done in Lagos and what kind of attachment did she use? I don’t think its the usual expressions.

14. Caramel

April 22, 2014 at 11:12 am

Those are different shoes *covers face*

15. sisi

April 22, 2014 at 11:37 am

true

16. MOM

April 22, 2014 at 11:58 am

i said it one time and the attack came. she is very much lighter now and it is obvious. i wount blame the camera light again as i always do. the legs shows it, even d face. she used to be same wt ini edo but she is far fairer now.

• omci

April 22, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Sigh….here we go again…..the bleaching police. Why are nigerians so obsessed with complexion. This bleaching attack thing gets to me because when it comes to my complexion, I’m like a chameleon. In a year, my skin has like 3 different shades depending on sun exposure and the weather in general. I even have 2 different shades of cosmetics because of this variance. I’m naturally fair skinned, but I can tan depending on weather exposure. And I use johnsons baby cream, so no bleaching or toning whatsoever. When I swim on a hot day in an outdoor pool, I even get 2 shades darker, it takes like 2 months for my skin to even out.
      So pls give people a break abeg, the fact that someone looks lighter doesnt always mean they’re bleaching.

17. Bella

April 22, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Ok where does one start. The dress is nice but I think a size smaller would have worked better, its too baggy for her frame. Secondly those shoes on her are so different to the shoes in the picture and they look helluva uncomfortable on her feet. That said you gotta praise BN for the candid description, not hating but she tagged from head to toe in Designer! good for you Miss Genny! I appreciate her work and my boo likes her so I like her too but at times like everyone else, she misses the mark. That dress and shoes are a NO for me!

• flakus

April 23, 2014 at 10:11 am

I didnt want to say it before Gennys fan club kills me (and i absolutely love her, by the way) but the dress is a no. ko fit e at all. Genny usually kills it, fashionwise but this dress is so not flattering. thanks for the courage to say it first.

18. bobbydox

April 22, 2014 at 2:23 pm

no guys she is not bleaching, that skin is just modified and it’s as a result 0f good constant of her moisturizing cream. if u stick to a particular skin product you would definitely get results in terms of clear spotless skin which doesnt bleach, there is a big difference between toning and bleaching

19. goldfinch

April 22, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Is everything ok with this guy? He has lost a lot of weight probably due to sickness. I pray all is well with him. I miss those days of Flatmates with him, Akpors (Basketmouth) and Yaw.

20. tobiloba

April 22, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Nice dress Genny. And no, she is not fairer…her skin is just properly toned probably due to good eating habits and toning products. muah!!

21. ELLa

April 23, 2014 at 10:09 am

Beautiful Genny!Simple & very Chic!

22. angels-are-beautiful

April 23, 2014 at 10:40 am

love her so much. she’s stylish, she’s got good sense of dressing, she’s natural and i love her complexion with her lovely well shaped bow legs

23. sobix

April 23, 2014 at 12:01 pm

what d heck people?dis are bow legs? hell noooo.l think they re nicely shaped.if it straighter than this its turning to k leg

24. ken