Music

Pharrell Cries “Happy” Tears During Oprah Interview – Watch!

BellaNaija.com

Pharrell & Oprah Winfrey - April 2014 - BellaNaija

Oh Pharrell, now you’re going to make us cry. Grab your tissues folks.

Happy” is such an infectiously happy song and it can brighten anyone’s day in an instant. Did you catch the video with the Babcock students? click here to watch.

The American music star was a guest on the Oprah Winfrey Network. He dished on his career, love, and his song – Happy.

Find out what made him cry.

1. shay shay

April 15, 2014 at 12:15 pm

I love you pharrell…always have always will…cry away you beautiful man… it is allowed

2. uju

April 15, 2014 at 12:24 pm

the song is rightly infectious though…way to go P

3. @edDREAMZ

April 15, 2014 at 12:27 pm

I love that song and the video is just awesome… Niceone man and this his cap is so damn funny….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Bleed Blue

April 15, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Yessss!!! @edDREAMZ

Yes! Yes! Yeeeeeeesssss!!! High fives to you mate! And let’s throw a hug in there too 🙂

4. Warri Babe

April 15, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Awwww, so touching. I cried and it’s perfectly understandable, almost forgotten about Pharrell until now!!…Just like what Oprah said, it’s infectious ’cause it came from a clear space and the energy was uninterrupted from anything. Everytime I hear not just listen, I feel happy and peaceful….Recently came across the Afroblend (Fela + Pharrell ‘Happy Mentality’ )by dj100Proof and trust me it’s nice.

soundcloud.com/dj100proof/fela-x-pharrell-happy?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=wtshare&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_content=https://soundcloud.com/dj100proof/fela-x-pharrell-happy

• F

April 15, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Thanks for posting…..crazy re-mix….lol
      -F

5. Hi

April 15, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Congratulations to Pharrell. I read (red) his wife is a Ethiopian model. East Africa. Wow.

6. Hannah

April 15, 2014 at 1:40 pm

i Have always loved Pharell Williams rite from the Neptunes. Such an incredible talent in this generation of music. I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU .

7. NYLegalDiva

April 15, 2014 at 2:22 pm

I cried with Pharrell because all of his success with this particular song is well deserved. It’s a beautiful song with positive energy. I watched the whole interview and felt so proud of him. Everyone deserves to see their dreams fulfilled after working so hard for it as he has.

8. F

April 15, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Nice song in d midst of all the bad news….

9. Berries

April 15, 2014 at 4:14 pm

I love you Pharrell…such a happy song…against all odds…

10. Concerned_Boyfriend

April 15, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Happy is arguably one of the best song of all time…(IMO tho). Thanks Warri Babe for that dj100proof mix.

• Que

April 15, 2014 at 6:38 pm

Remove d ‘arguably’ pls….anyone arguing with that is arguably not human. The song is EVERYTHING and then some!! N Pharell has just always been simply amazing…. and supercute if I may.. *now clapping along n dancing away…..*

11. TeeB

April 15, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Ohhhh my Pharrell…A MUSICAL GENIUS! This is one of the BEST SONGS OF ALL TIME! #becauseI’mHAPPY!

12. Elisalola

April 16, 2014 at 9:55 am

Imagine even my nephew that doesnt like to dance loves this song he was dancing and dancing away when this came on lol too funny

13. SS

April 16, 2014 at 4:55 pm

I have always been a fan of pharrell Williams ever since I have know him, days of collaborating with snoop dog..snoooooooooopppdog(in pharell’s voice)I love him, so talented n unique in in own way

14. nique

April 24, 2014 at 9:22 am

I LOOOVEEEE ITTTT!!!!!!

15. cicimileko

May 8, 2014 at 1:11 am

This happy song is like a positive wild fire, once you get the bug, whew it just spreads…………so much that my 6yr old daughter’s catch phrase is “don’t get mad, sing pharrell’s happy song” and boy it works like magic especially on Monday morning en-route to school and work. I am looking for who or what will top this…… good job mr Williams………..