Connect with us

News

Coca-Cola to Remove Controversial Ingredient from Products

Published

 on

Coca-Cola Post Strong Earnings

Soft drinks are generally considered unhealthy not just because of their high sugar content, but also because of some ingredients contained that may not be too great for the body.

Coca-Cola’s decision to remove  BVO (Brominated vegetable oil) from its products, serves as a reminder of this fact.

Elements of BVO are found in flame retardants. Also, excessive consumption of soft drinks containing BVO has been linked to negative health effects, including reports of memory loss and skin and nerve problems, BBC reports.

After a series of online petitions by concerned consumers, Coca-Cola has promised to remove BVO from its drinks by the end of this year.

Photo Credit: www.novalis.org.za

16 Comments

  1. fre

    May 6, 2014 at 12:27 pm

    Erm….
    I’m thinking BN can be sued (I use the word loosely here, but you never know) for the headline

  2. Gracie

    May 6, 2014 at 1:10 pm

    This is one of the reasons I hate to take soft drinks. #water e no get enemy#

  3. Confused

    May 6, 2014 at 1:40 pm

    Yepa! memory loss ke? see me drinking coke to stay awake and study, no wonder stuff no dey stick. What do I take now? Redbull no work for me oo.

  4. jojo

    May 6, 2014 at 1:50 pm

    Coca cola scares me! This is a drink that removes stains from the toilet bowl how much more damage is it doing to human being insides?

    • Iris

      May 6, 2014 at 4:17 pm

      LMBAO! Truly?! Stains from the toilet bow. Jesu!

  5. Rhoda Ogwama

    May 6, 2014 at 2:07 pm

    Hmmm, I cease to take in soft drinks henceforth!

  6. Fabulicious

    May 6, 2014 at 2:27 pm

    3years and 4months of no carbonated drinks or any juices at all.I have never felt better.Seeing this even makes me more proud of myself for making that decision just out of the blues.

    • Radiant

      May 6, 2014 at 5:07 pm

      I am 2 years by Monday since I took carbonated drinks and juices and I am so happy I made that decision. And It wasn’t even forced or stressful to keep up. #realgrateful

    • Mz Socially Awkward...

      May 6, 2014 at 5:23 pm

      Really? Even drinks pressed from a 100% fruit? I know that some brands which are sold as “fruit juice” (I’m looking at you, Five Alive & Just Juice) are really just 20% fruit with the remaining 80% made up of preservatives, water and sugar/glucose & I stay clear of them. However, if the information on the box or bottle says it’s all fruit, I’m happy.

      So you don’t even drink homemade fruit juices? Wow. That’s disciplined. I stopped drinking carbonated products a long time ago but I need a refreshing fruit drink to oil my engine from time to time.

  7. @edDREAMZ

    May 6, 2014 at 3:40 pm

    Other than malt i cannot see myself taking this abeg and they made a huge mistake in disclosing this to the public bcos they will definately start loosing their core fans….. Sorry coke, yu just lost a customer( my family bcos i will surely tell them)…
    .
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

  8. fre

    May 6, 2014 at 4:03 pm

    Ok, watch BN get sued 🙂 Kaching! 😀

  9. GraziellaGirl

    May 6, 2014 at 5:15 pm

    I still won’t drink Coca-Cola or any other carbonated drink or fruit juices ever. Water and smoothies all the way.

  10. ijebugirl

    May 6, 2014 at 7:13 pm

    I would say people should try Funman Juice, it is 100% Juice Guaranteed. Also alternatively , Buy a juicer and juice all your fruits and veges which is healthier and helps in detoxing and giving your body the right nutrients. Sugar is bad for the body, especially coke, effects of long term use when you get older can be High blood pressure, arthritis, diabetes etc. Best to go for natural honey or 100% pure juice and drink plenty of water always. Guys please do not Joke with your health, we only have one life to live.

  11. peyton

    May 7, 2014 at 7:39 am

    GOD must surely love me because i need to quit drinking all this stuff.i have a scwheppes addiction reading this iam reminded why i need to quit.if i need juice i will buy fresh oranges, or watermelon

  12. Ani

    May 7, 2014 at 5:02 pm

    Please Lord deliver me from the love of coca-cola. The sight of a chilled bottle of coke makes me weak. Nothing like a cold coke.

  13. laffs

    July 22, 2014 at 3:16 pm

    i get weak in the knees at the sight of a cold bottle of coke! Dear God pls help me

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Tangerine Africa

Star Features

css.php